team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:49 am

Post by team rocket queen »

VC on this page.

In post 1273, Flea The Magician wrote:At time time, I assumed I'd missed something - like I'd noted it was irrelevant and I don't recall mentioning gypyx at all. I searched "gyp" in Jessies ISO looking for anything indicative of a read... there's nothing o.o
?????
Spoiler:
In post 712, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 703, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 702, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 688, Infinity 324 wrote:Why is gypyx town?
+1

@TGP
+3 if you count me and Isis.
isn't this:
In post 413, Gypyx wrote:Why think about recruiting specifically?
just like a super towny post? would rather here more about why gypyx isn't town from pooky
In post 722, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 718, Infinity 324 wrote:Why is a townpost jessie?
whole quote for context:
In post 413, Gypyx wrote:
In post 403, Isis wrote:
In post 400, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:"Like imo it's the opposite, if scum did pregame choices, it's more likely that jessie is scum"

What does this quote mean Gypyx?
If you get to recruit scumpartners pregame and you don't recruit Jesse you're throwing because she's excellent at scum!
I don't know how Gypyx knows this cause I've never seen them play but they must have played somewhere together, clearly.
Why think about recruiting specifically?
because it shows that gypyx was like following from step to step and it asks a very good question for someone unaware of silent star: menagerie
In post 733, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 732, TheGoldenParadox wrote:obviously i'm not an expert on silent star games and i haven't played one, but ONLY setup speccing on d1 with literally no information on a game that is known to be complex and have twists and turns without a single read on a player in the game is terrible.
i played in both of the first two. do for my posts what you did for gypyx. do you think i just randomly asked gypyx about the setup on page two? because i didn't. does the rest of my engagement feel random? or irrelevant?
In post 826, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 808, skitter30 wrote:
In post 722, team rocket queen wrote: because it shows that gypyx was like following from step to step and it asks a very good question for someone unaware of silent star: menagerie
i'm not sure this is 'town indicative' so much as 'asking a reasonable followup' indicative
but it wasn't really a followup.

pooky asks gypyx about a post > isis responds to pooky with a reference to silent star: menagerie > gypyx asks isis why she jumped to recruiting
In post 834, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 830, skitter30 wrote:
In post 826, team rocket queen wrote:pooky asks gypyx about a post > isis responds to pooky with a reference to silent star: menagerie > gypyx asks isis why she jumped to recruiting
maybe i'm just missing the whole thread of this convo but i'm not following your logic here
it feels like something town would jump on there but not mafia to me
Last edited by Kanna on Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:50 am

there are more but i didn't want to quote the repeating myself
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:52 am

In post 1277, Infinity 324 wrote:Wrt skitter/hopkirk, I think she meant that skitter is likely town, but if she's scum she's likely a hopkirk partner.
yeah this
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

busy weekend, prob won't be around again till late tomorrow night
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 1346, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 1273, Flea The Magician wrote:blahblahblah mech.... more mech spec... vote update [which has been useful btw]
do you not think that vanilla towns and non-vanilla towns potentially react differently to setup speculation? i don't really get this
Curious why you've pulled this section to comment on. :mrgreen:
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:00 am

In post 1273, Flea The Magician wrote:blahblahblah mech.... more mech spec... vote update [which has been useful btw]
do you not think that vanilla towns and non-vanilla towns potentially react differently to setup speculation? i don't really get this
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:58 am

In post 1354, Flea The Magician wrote:
i think maybe it is just frustration. like i like to think about and talk about setups, and i also think it is useful, and there are plenty of people in this game that can attest to my doing so having been useful in the past, so it is frustrating that you make it out to be pointless
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1335, Isis wrote:I think they're good at scum
If this is true, it doesn't really fit with their play this game? Wine isn't a good explanation here imo. If you think scum!TGP can come up with a good explanation for voting skitter there, they would've done so.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:17 am

In post 1356, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 1354, Flea The Magician wrote:
i think maybe it is just frustration. like i like to think about and talk about setups, and i also think it is useful, and there are plenty of people in this game that can attest to my doing so having been useful in the past, so it is frustrating that you make it out to be pointless

You seem to be getting frustrated with me a lot :(

Mech talk can be helpful, and there will definitely be a time when its useful.
for me, it's nothing really of note for me in building a read until we have more information, which is why I've dismissed it in building/confirming my read on you.
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:23 am

In post 1358, Flea The Magician wrote:You seem to be getting frustrated with me a lot

for me, it's nothing really of note for me in building a read until we have more information, which is why I've dismissed it in building/confirming my read on you.
it isn't with you specifically, or really generally either. it is more frustration with myself for ending up in this situation repeatedly. i am sorry if it comes off the other way. it's just that, like once again here i want to explain why that time was at the beginning of the game. i simply do not understand why it wasn't useful then, but then i am just repeating myself et cetera. it makes sense to me but communicating that feels impossible
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:33 am

In post 1359, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 1358, Flea The Magician wrote:You seem to be getting frustrated with me a lot

it isn't with you specifically, or really generally either. it is more frustration with myself for ending up in this situation repeatedly. i am sorry if it comes off the other way. it's just that, like once again here i want to explain why that time was at the beginning of the game. i simply do not understand why it wasn't useful then, but then i am just repeating myself et cetera. it makes sense to me but communicating that feels impossible
Different players operate in different ways.
For me I don't have enough information to begin speculating on mechanics, and when reviewing interactions with more information it's useful and when it's there previously it can be used to weigh reads.

I don't know enough about Hectic or Silent Star games to even begin serious speculation.

Honestly until I've reason to think otherwise I'm running on 3 or 4 scum against 9 or 10 town. All town are vanilla so I've no reason to think there's power roles. Elim mechanic being 2 on D1 suggests something mechanical might happen, until that does I don't see the point in speculating.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

i would be really surprised if Flea is scum
In post 1289, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1254, Morning Tweet wrote:I think this could be biiiig. what makes you say this? I am really sorry if you already said and i just haven't read it
i didn't say it - i am unable to say it at this time because of [redacted]
I see
Spoiler: skitts' reads
In post 1291, skitter30 wrote:i'm townreading the most: mt, jessie, flea, infinity
next tier town reads: ydrasse, pooky, gloria (tbf gloria is like somewhere in between this tier and the tier above it)
null: dunn, gypyx
scumlean: hopkirk, isis
scum: tgp

assorted thoughts on assorted players:

tgp's vote on me, coupled with the loss of their dunn scumread, is p gross and survivalistic imo. their content is not good, and they are reacting to this wagon on them in a way that i think is incongruent with how town!them would

gypyx ... does anyone have experience with him? cuz he's basically prodging and i wanna know if that's ai for him or not

flea is a shining beacon of wholesomeness and towniness

infinity is just obvtown

i think jessie's freakout wrt the jester thing is incredibly unlikely to come from scum, even if i disagree with her thought process

isis i still think her push on me is kinda fake

pedit fair enough but that's not something i can easily argue with u abt so i'm just gonna shrug and accept that you're not reading me right
i like your townreads. Although i guess they are pretty much beacons for the most part. That is also my interpretation of jessie.

I feel like you and Isis' feud has just not been very AI for me, but i feel bad i'm sort of glazing over it. It kinda just seems like you guys talk past each other at this point. "It feels like you aren't actually responding to me", "You're talking at me not to me", etc. etc. if it becomes necessary i will review but rn i put my faith in my beloved (´・ω・`)♡
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1292, Infinity 324 wrote:Forgot to ask @MT, skitter why is scum less likely to freak out about a jester?
it's not really the act of "freaking out about a jester" itself--
In post 1294, skitter30 wrote:to reword: it's not the freakout about the jester itself, so much as how she went about it - it was very clearly a real thought that entered her head that she was very concerned about and i ... just don't see scum reacting that way to that thought
i see that was skitts' opinion

i feel like when Jessie linked back to the jester claim post and the part where she linked it to their behaviours, it revealed it was something that she had been genuinely been thinking about the whole time. like being able to go back and link what you're thinking about with something in the past shows that it has been on your mind. That's the best way i can think to explain that

I did have a similar response to the idea of Golden/Gypx being suicidal at first, though, so i like that too
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1297, skitter30 wrote:i don't know how to explain it better. it didn't look like it came from scum to me
ya
In post 1298, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:One line of thought is that scum are more likely than town to read play as "jester-ish" because they know who their team-members are and someone who is acting abnormally scummish is more evident to a scum player than say a town player as a result of this.

I maintain town-lean on Jessie due to other things though I have never played with her as scum before.
isn't that what dunn was saying earlier in ?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Spoiler: Pooky on Golden
In post 1300, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Here is a recent example:
In post 1225, TheGoldenParadox wrote:infinity, you're town, right? can i just sheep you? VOTE: skitter
In post 1227, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i think infinity is town here.
Like this is super weird?

Why is he voting Skitter here, does he actually think she is scum or scummy? he makes no case for skitter!scum in 1225-1230. Looking through his ISO I don't see any case for skitter being red at all. he only mentions 1 sentence about her and it's:

"i think skitter is the best lim tomorrow based off infinity and isis' posting (the latter who i don't have as locktown but presents fairly good arguments against skitter anyways)"

Like what reasoning does he find impressive? What reason does he have to want to elim her?

Originally he didn't like Dunn and wanted Dunn elim'd but now he's moving to Skitter from Dunn so where is the progression that takes him there? I don't see anything posted in his ISO that really explains how he is getting from Dunn to Skitter as the best elim today. Here's his progression on Dunn which I found implausible to be real:

"so VOTE: dunnstral this slot has been fairly bad from the beginning and has not gotten better."

"i mean, it really isn't? i've been scumreading your slot from the start, and you have done absolutely nothing to make it townier."

"i find it incredibly interesting that i'm attacked for low-effort voting dunn without a significant amount of reasoning but dunn is not attacked for the exact same thing, which makes me incredibly suspicious that at least one of the people using that line of reasoning are simply chainsawing on an easy argument."

"dunn is probably scum
i'll work on providing a few more reads but i'm ridiculously confident in town gypyx and somewhat confident in scum dunn and i ask that in the second part of d1 upon my flip you get dunn)"

"my scumcase on dunn is admittedly less evidence based but there is a strong opening post/gutread on that slot and i ask you take it into consideration"

"still 1000% confident that gypyx is town, but losing confidence in dunnscum." <<<-- I do not understand this transition - what changed between 1029 and 1226 to make dunn go from "flip this guy after I flip green" to "losing confidence in dunnscum let's kill skitter instead?"

Could it be my absurd idiot theory from ???

I will LOL if we r really in a Dunn/TGP world and dunn told TGP to change tack because distancing is not giving dunn town cred because its being done so transparently badly.
It is getting really hard to deny that something strange is going on. i really don't think jesters are the answer

I think jesters are generally bad game design and also hilariously enough i thought TGP's post where they denied being a jester was genuine earlier

i am not really sure what it is that would explain the weird behaviour, though
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1327, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah, I considered that. It just seems like an odd time to try to pocket me, since I was already TRing them and pushing skitter. Like, what were they hoping to gain from home, a better defense? When they know I struggle to articulate my gut?
In post 1328, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 1327, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah, I considered that. It just seems like an odd time to try to pocket me, since I was already TRing them and pushing skitter. Like, what were they hoping to gain from home, a better defense? When they know I struggle to articulate my gut?
I just don’t understand why they ask you for permission to sheep if they honestly changed their read on Skitter, because it reads to me like piggybacking you. Why don’t they just straight up say, on re-evaluation I prefer Skitter to Dunn and just vote her? Why is the “hey Infinity, okay if I sheep you” thing even necessary here?
I don't think it was a pocket attempt if Golden is scum-- i think it's blatantly having difficulty coming up with reasons to suspect skitts (or on someone in general). I don't think it was specific to Infinity, i think it was just by virtue of skitts being the biggest wagon
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1335, Isis wrote:TGP's chopping block behaviour has been pretty poor. I increasingly think they just flip scum.

It's scummy to have jerky read progressions and it stays scummy even if you fill in the holes later. Pooky why do you want to wait for TGP to give delayed reasons for why they're voting skitter? Like I'm sure they can think of something now, either way. I've played with TGP before and I think they're good at scum ^^ so I think they could manage that pretty well.

I mean I kind of know the point but I'm trying to think of a response I'd be happy with and I can't really think of one.
Spoiler: Golden notes
- disagree with jessie's reaction being overblown
- Skitts is their highest scumread now
- Calls half of wagon scum, aligns with readslist where bottom half is ther wagon
- Clarifies that Dunn scumread has not disappeared

I agree, Golden has reiterated their reads and clarified misconceptions but didn't *actually* address what was being asked. The thing i'm most curious about is how skitts ended up at the bottom of their reads, since it seemed that Golden originally was just going off of what Infinity said and not their own thoughts. but come around to , skitts is scummier than Dunn

if Pooky is scum, why bother to give golden more chances rather than not? I think you're probably correct with regards to the ship having already sailed on skitts reasoning but continuing to engage with someone even at this point is very much something i could see myself doing
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1336, Isis wrote:I often get suspicious when players throw other players lifesaver rings in mafia game but thinking about it I don't know whether that's something scum would do more often than town or why I get suspicious about it.
Ah okay
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Isis hold meeeee i wanna be in your arms alreadyy
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

UNVOTE: I'm getting the feeling I get when I have a wrong scumread
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Kanna »

Votecount 1.0.14

[5] TheGoldenParadox:
skitter30, Dunnstral, Ydrasse, Flea The Magician, PookyTheMagicalBear
[3] skitter30:
Isis, Hopkirk, TheGoldenParadox
[1] Gloria Cleary:
Gypyx

[4] Not Voting:
Gloria Cleary, team rocket queen, Morning Tweet, Infinity 324

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to launch. If there is no majority by the deadline, plurality will decide.

The deadline is in (expired on 2020-11-29 09:11:15).

Joint Mod ISO
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1332, Ydrasse wrote:i've formally decided to townread pooky
While it absolutely terrifies me post-Hideyoshi, I’m leaning that way too.

I still think TGP is more likely to flip scum than not and I still think Skitter/Isis is TvT.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1370, Kanna wrote:
Votecount 1.0.14

[5] TheGoldenParadox:
skitter30, Dunnstral, Ydrasse, Flea The Magician, PookyTheMagicalBear
[3] skitter30:
Isis, Hopkirk, TheGoldenParadox
[1] Gloria Cleary:
Gypyx

[4] Not Voting:
Gloria Cleary, team rocket queen, Morning Tweet, Infinity 324

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to launch. If there is no majority by the deadline, plurality will decide.

The deadline is in (expired on 2020-11-29 09:11:15).

Joint Mod ISO
@Gypyx any reads yet? Why are you still rvs voteparked on me?
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1266, TheGoldenParadox wrote:What's a quick rundown of your reads list? We know your townlist, but little else.

town: gypyx, infinity, hopkirk
townlean: ydrasse, gloria, morning tweet, pooky
nulltown: jessie, isis
nullscum: flea
scumlean: dunn
scum: skitter
What townie has obvtown Flea as “nullscum”?

They also hasn’t explained any of reads save Gypyx or why they think Skitter isn’t playing to her town meta or whatever?

I think it’s interesting to note that both TGP and Hopkirk switched from Dunn to Skitter. So @Hopkirk, what is your current read on TGP?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1369, Infinity 324 wrote:UNVOTE: I'm getting the feeling I get when I have a wrong scumread
I looked over skitter’s ISO trying to case her, and all the reasons I was going to give felt like a stretch. That’s why I said this. I’m not feeling great today, and I really don’t have the energy to towncase TGP much less try to start another wagon. So I have no idea what to do. I still think skitter is slightly more likely to flip scum than TGP, but given that skitter is currently being nommed for paragon I guess TGP is a better elim. If a better wagon pops up I’ll vote there, but I’m probably going to save my energy for the second half of the day to re-evaluate some of the slots I haven’t focused on a ton: {hopkirk, dunn, pooky, ydrasse, MT}
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”