Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 2673, Insanoflex wrote:Is it just me, or does this look faked? Like, am I supposed to believe they opened the thread and laid down a vote without looking up 4 posts to see Nero had died and flipped green? Seems way more like an attempt to look town via acting ignorant than an actual mistake anyone would make.
I had the same thought but you would be amazed how garbage some players are at paying attention to the game state.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Starbuck »

Checking in. I have a work event this afternoon and into tonight and all day tomorrow. So I'll be able to do some reading come Sunday.

Anyone want to give me some cliffs notes?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Insanoflex
Insanoflex
Goon
Insanoflex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Insanoflex »

In post 2676, Starbuck wrote:Checking in. I have a work event this afternoon and into tonight and all day tomorrow. So I'll be able to do some reading come Sunday.

muh got wagoned day 1, then Pretentous came in and tried a way-too early quickhammer and everyone jumped on him for that. On day 2 Guillotina came out and claimed a red check on Nero Cain, his claim was sketchy as hell so people voted him for it, he flipped town, then for some reason mafia shot the VT the claimed guilty was on. So basically it's been a series of gamethrows so far.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:01 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 2677, Insanoflex wrote:then for some reason mafia shot the VT the claimed guilty was on
you know this... how?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:05 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2671, innocentvillager wrote:3. how do they want to position around Nero and Guil, given that they know neither are scum?
That's the most pressing question - it was so chaotic, so insane, I would expect scum to "stay out of it" and let it play out.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Insanoflex
Insanoflex
Goon
Insanoflex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Insanoflex »

In post 2678, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2677, Insanoflex wrote:then for some reason mafia shot the VT the claimed guilty was on
you know this... how?
I kind of assumed it based on there only being 1 kill on both nights, although I guess you're right that there are other possible explanations.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:41 am

Golden Paradox might be a quality yeet.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:55 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Anyone on Guillotine's list is more likely town than not.

VOTE: muh316
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:00 am

In post 2682, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Anyone on Guillotine's list is more likely town than not.
3rd degree burn

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 2679, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 2671, innocentvillager wrote:3. how do they want to position around Nero and Guil, given that they know neither are scum?
That's the most pressing question - it was so chaotic, so insane, I would expect scum to "stay out of it" and let it play out.
Can you believe May and Non Imh are still in this game?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:17 am

This game needs replacements badly. Half the game flaked or needs to catch up.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Glitch »

lmao what even is this game
In post 2644, innocentvillager wrote:the redcheck was, completely faked as well, whether nero was checked or not
Either Guillo was a bumbling idiot or there is a redirector in the game, and Guillo tracked Nero but his track was redirected onto scum but he wasn't told this. Those are the only two possibilities I can come up with. WHY would Guillo fake the red check??
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 2645, innocentvillager wrote:so we kill nero because... we're paranoid they're going to kill one of us? maybe if glitch is scum (i think one of his most recent scumspect?) but what do they even have to gain at this point, if they're just getting flashwagoned
I get this and it makes sense on the surface but while I suspected Nero and he SR me, objectively speaking, Nero doesn't have enough charisma and sway with most of us to win over the majority to wagon on. Nero's case on me was bad, shifting to SR me only when I told him I was suspicious on him, and his case on me was laced with an OMGUS undertone. Nero wasn't a threat to me and if I were scum I would literally have no reason to NK Nero when a town tracker just flipped the day before with a red check on Nero. If I were scum, I would know Nero was town and literally have no reason to get rid of him because he would have been a speed flip D3. We would have all been at his throat, especially with a VT claim.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 2648, DrippingGoofball wrote:We were witnesses to the absolute worst play in all of mafia history.
I mean I'm actually trying to figure out how to comment on this without speaking so poorly of Guillo that I get banned.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 2659, DrippingGoofball wrote:SCUM who doesn't what to get involved with what he knows to be townie madness:
In post 2465, Insanoflex wrote:Hey all. Still reading up on the game, only about halfway through right now. Might need another day to get fully caught up, trying to speedskim through the game in 24 hours gave me a headache.
TOWNIE:
In post 2469, innocentvillager wrote:to be clear, in normals there is no chance of a guilty cop check on an innocent unless they are miller right? So given guil is truthful and Nero is not Miller, he is CONFIRMED scum?
SCUM who doesn't want this magical opportunity to slip with excessive discussion:
In post 2470, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Making the day longer sucks for the player who knows for sure they are going to die. I've been in that position, and I don't wish it to my worst enemy. If everybody's checked in and had a chance to say their peace, yeet them swiftly and honorably.
SCUM afraid to get compromised in the townie madness:
In post 2504, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'm caught up insofar as i am actively reading the game but yeah there's not much i want to comment on
TOWNwith critical thinking skills:
In post 2506, Umlaut wrote:So, I've got a big problem with Guillotina's claim and it seems almost so obvious that I feel like I must be missing something here since everyone else believes it.
In post 2436, Guillotina wrote:
HARDCLAIM!!! I'M A 2-SHOT ALIGNMENT COP WITH A BULLETPROOF VEST!!! THE BULLETPROOF VEST WAS USED LAST NIGHT AS SOMEONE TARGETED ME!

I gambled claiming an ascetic modifier counting on scum's arrogance to not NK me just because I was no PR but it didn't work as it seems.

THIS ALSO MEANS THAT THEY GOTTA BE A COUPLE OF VIGILANTES OUT THERE!
I am not aware of any normal role that would know if they were targeted for a kill at night but survived. Under Normal rules, a 1-Shot Bulletproof shouldn't be informed if they were shot at.

Another question:
My redcheck is in this group
and I strongly believe that his partners could be in this group too

Nero Cain
Gamma Emerald
Taylor Swift slot
InnocentVillager
Umlaut
ABR (not as likely but there are a few things that don't match)

Let's hunt scum!
If you targeted someone and therefore knew they were guilty, why would you give us a list like this? If you out and tell us who is guilty, that makes sense. If you wait until later today to out, so that you can see how the day proceeds naturally and how wagons form, that makes sense. But what sense does it make to say "I checked one of these six people"? Including putting one and saying they're
not as likely
... that pretty much gives away that ABR wasn't your target. What even is this claim?
So far my experience playing with town DGB is to just take her reads and flip them completely inside out and then they're accurate. Her reads are always so wrong when she's town and I've watched (particularly from the game I just modded) town!DGB be the scum MVP. I mean maybe it's just my limited experience with her but the scumhunting ability there is pretty twisted up from what I've seen and I'd be hesitant to follow her lead.

I'm confident Umlaut is town but other than that I'm cautious to be okay with most of these reads. IV is acting like a confused townie today but yesterday's actions were freaking off and I won't just disregard that when considering my read on that slot.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 2686, Glitch wrote:lmao what even is this game
In post 2644, innocentvillager wrote:the redcheck was, completely faked as well, whether nero was checked or not
Either Guillo was a bumbling idiot or there is a redirector in the game, and Guillo tracked Nero but his track was redirected onto scum but he wasn't told this. Those are the only two possibilities I can come up with. WHY would Guillo fake the red check??
Faking is the only possibility within the confines of a normal game. Redirectors aren't normal.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 2682, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Anyone on Guillotine's list is more likely town than not.
I agree with this. Guillo made a list of six players saying that all of them seem to be connecting themselves and aligned with his "red check." He was saying all those players he was suspicious of being connected with Nero. Well shit, if they're connected with Nero, then maybe they're town too. Who tf knows with this Guillo shitshow.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:09 pm

Glitch, your description of my play would be a bannable offense if it wasn't true.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:27 pm

In post 2689, Glitch wrote:So far my experience playing with town DGB is to just take her reads and flip them completely inside out and then they're accurate. Her reads are always so wrong when she's town and I've watched (particularly from the game I just modded) town!DGB be the scum MVP. I mean maybe it's just my limited experience with her but the scumhunting ability there is pretty twisted up from what I've seen and I'd be hesitant to follow her lead.
Step your game up DGB lmao
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:38 pm

ABR is scum with Glitch and Nom Ihm!

GAME SOLVED

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:54 pm

Mod pls replace my scumbuddies :( ive been so lonely in mafia chat.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2648, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 2644, innocentvillager wrote:if guillotina tracked nero, who is confirmed pure VT, in a normal, there is NO WAY that they could've gotten a result that was "Nero visited X"

just want to make sure im understanding this

so the redcheck was, completely faked as well, whether nero was checked or not
We were witnesses to the absolute worst play in all of mafia history.

An actual, really powerful town role faking a tracking result on a vanilla townie.

I've seen everything now.
Yeah that was stupid
In post 2649, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2648, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 2644, innocentvillager wrote:if guillotina tracked nero, who is confirmed pure VT, in a normal, there is NO WAY that they could've gotten a result that was "Nero visited X"

just want to make sure im understanding this

so the redcheck was, completely faked as well, whether nero was checked or not
We were witnesses to the absolute worst play in all of mafia history.

An actual, really powerful town role faking a tracking result on a vanilla townie.

I've seen everything now.
that is fucking hilarious coming from you with a 2005 join date
I do NOT get this blowback at all.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I'm not impressed with dgb to be honest.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2652, Albert B. Rampage wrote:This is good for us and narrows down our scumpool actually.
Yeah I have to agree, assuming it WAS the scumkill. Unless scum had it in their head Nero fakeclaimed VT as a PR, scum had to feel pretty damn pressured by Nero, probably pointing to his suspect pool.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2676, Starbuck wrote:Checking in. I have a work event this afternoon and into tonight and all day tomorrow. So I'll be able to do some reading come Sunday.

sure, why not
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”