PookyTheMagicalBear v Flavor Leaf (Game Over)

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4750 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:52 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

its more about fixing everyone's reads so they dont keep putting masons in their SRs

we dont want to waste your brainpower trying to solve around masons when you dont know who the masons are
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4751 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:53 am

I trust Hectic to be right about Ydrasse
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Solstice
Solstice
Goon
Solstice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4752 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Solstice »

In post 4749, Polar Bear Express wrote:I hadn’t actually considered the possibility that she could have possibly been pocketing Hectic with that. I just really hard tr that AtE. I haven’t seen Ydrasse fake AtE as scum as scum before, so I honestly wouldn’t know. She just seemed so upset but it’s possible it could have been faked.

@Pooky what do you think? Is this in Ydrasse’s scumrange or not?
[Ydrasse was upset? when?]
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I trust Hectic to be right about Ydrasse
[That's fair enough though]

~Morning
You only have one shot.

Hydra account of Mistyx and Morning Tweet.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4753 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:55 am

Ydrasse was v upset hectic died
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4754 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:55 am

would she kill him and then cry over the coffin like a grieving widow? I don't think so ~.~
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4755 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Polar Bear Express »

In post 4746, Double the Trouble wrote:
In post 4744, Polar Bear Express wrote:
In post 4738, Double the Trouble wrote:
In post 4729, Polar Bear Express wrote:
In post 4712, Double the Trouble wrote:
In post 4710, Polar Bear Express wrote:
In post 4708, Double the Trouble wrote:massclaim ends tomorrow probably while im asleep
don't do anything stupid while im asleep please
Out of curiosity, why did you want the masons outed? Was it to do the mass claim?
- Creature always outs today tbh. It was nice to have him as a LHF for awhile but we don't want that anymore. TBH he wanted to out D2 but I didn't see any reason why he should do that just because he was pressured to.
- The Bell flip is really good and overnight we came up a solve that we're confident in. Outing the masonry as well as massclaiming helps with this.
- Even if we're not confident in it, we don't mind trading mason pieces to flip key slots. If we trade 1 for 1 great, if we hit town, that's also great because we can afford a couple of town deaths and the town deaths will ultimately help us get closer to solving. Pooky may be alone but in the late late game, Pooky alone should be enough to bring it home given all of the previous flips. I'm basically trying to set him as well as the whole village up for success.
- Pooky doesn't have that much thread presence where as I do and if I say "Yo, these are the people that need to die" then its more likely that those people will die.
Yeah but you just gave scum three free NKs, so I don’t really understand how this is helpful? I could understand you outing Creature since he was getting run up yesterday but why you and especially Murderkitty? How doesn’t that put targets on all of your respective heads?
yes
That is what trading is.
Obvious problem with that argument, is being IC, doesn’t make your reads correct, it just makes you not miselimable.

So, I think this was a really silly idea, except of course for Creature. I was recently in a game. I can link it if you like? I was also IC and I was deathtunelled on town!RR and as a result got pocketed by both scum and we lost because everyone wrongly sheeped me. And the absolute worst part of that is I got yelled at post game. :/
Its not about being correct
Part of setting up checkmate is miseliminating some people to try to figure out what scum were doing during the course of the game.
Okay, so you miselim some slots and if your order is off which it obviously is in our case, we trade what? How many possible miselims for three dead ICs?

I just think that Soltice got it right and I just hope we don’t lose because you got overconfident, because that’s exactly what happened to me in Trust Fall. I’m really surprised that he didn’t mention that game to you, because I’m assuming you all discussed that with him first right?
Purchase a ticket aboard the Polar Bear Express and see millions of different kinds of polar bears. For example the nancy unicorn polar bears and the noraa ultrafloofy polar bears.
Solstice
Solstice
Goon
Solstice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4756 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Solstice »

In post 4753, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Ydrasse was v upset hectic died
In post 4754, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:would she kill him and then cry over the coffin like a grieving widow? I don't think so ~.~
[OH THAT]

[I thought it was really jokey. If Ydrasses' scumteam killed Hectic, I think she'd be practically obligated to do that bit. It's not like it was her choice to kill him]

[also I thought it was sort of weird that she harped on what a bad decision by scum it was to kill him]

~Morning
You only have one shot.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4757 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:00 pm

In post 4755, Polar Bear Express wrote:Okay, so you miselim some slots and if your order is off which it obviously is in our case, we trade what? How many possible miselims for three dead ICs?

I just think that Soltice got it right and I just hope we don’t lose because you got overconfident, because that’s exactly what happened to me in Trust Fall. I’m really surprised that he didn’t mention that game to you, because I’m assuming you all discussed that with him first right?
its hard to sort the game when the entire game is SRing masons and the game is not suspecting each other. needed to remove masons from the suspect pool to make more interactions happen.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4758 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:00 pm

In post 4756, Solstice wrote:[I thought it was really jokey. If Ydrasses' scumteam killed Hectic, I think she'd be practically obligated to do that bit. It's not like it was her choice to kill him]
you mean she wasn't really shaking ?! :shifty:
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Solstice
Solstice
Goon
Solstice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4759 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Solstice »

In post 4755, Polar Bear Express wrote:I just think that Soltice got it right and I just hope we don’t lose because you got overconfident, because that’s exactly what happened to me in Trust Fall. I’m really surprised that he didn’t mention that game to you, because I’m assuming you all discussed that with him first right?
[My opinion on the subject was "This is a waste of time to talk about", not much more than that. This is all irrelevant when we'll be killing off scum shortly]

~Morning
You only have one shot.

Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4760 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:01 pm

In post 4747, Creature wrote:Kinda annoyed we still have to wait DEB
@DEB what’s the holdup? Why didn’t you just confirm so we could get on with the day?
Purchase a ticket aboard the Polar Bear Express and see millions of different kinds of polar bears. For example the nancy unicorn polar bears and the noraa ultrafloofy polar bears.
Solstice
Solstice
Goon
Solstice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4761 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Solstice »

In post 4758, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 4756, Solstice wrote:[I thought it was really jokey. If Ydrasses' scumteam killed Hectic, I think she'd be practically obligated to do that bit. It's not like it was her choice to kill him]
you mean she wasn't really shaking ?! :shifty:
[this?]
In post 4530, Ydrasse wrote:me too... im literally shaking and crying rn you dont get it, im heartbroken to lose my rock, my anchor, my soulmason this game, we bonded so much, im in agony, theres a hole ripped inside of me where my heart is and the mafia stole it from me and i think they're eating it in a ritual or something i have to hope theyre using it well but really i am just so numb rn i cant even explain it why did this happen to me why why why why why why why
[I'm lost as to whether or not you're kidding. is there a joke currently soaring over my head rn?]

[I'm legitimately confused now, are you both considering this AtE or are you messing with me]

~Morning
You only have one shot.

Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4762 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:08 pm

In post 4750, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:its more about fixing everyone's reads so they dont keep putting masons in their SRs

we dont want to waste your brainpower trying to solve around masons when you dont know who the masons are
Well I hope you guys are right, is all I have to say to that.
Solstice
Solstice
Goon
Solstice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4763 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Solstice »

[Oh. It was hard to explain why I don't think Ydrasse's reaction is meant to be taken seriously but i think i know why now -- "I'm literally shaking and crying rn" is a meme -- if you're seeing it differently from how I do, that's probably why]

~Morning
You only have one shot.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4764 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:14 pm

oh

I didn't know that was a meme

I've actually had someone react that way to me dying in a game.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4765 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Double the Trouble »

In post 4755, Polar Bear Express wrote:
In post 4746, Double the Trouble wrote:
In post 4744, Polar Bear Express wrote:
In post 4738, Double the Trouble wrote:
In post 4729, Polar Bear Express wrote:
In post 4712, Double the Trouble wrote:
In post 4710, Polar Bear Express wrote:
In post 4708, Double the Trouble wrote:massclaim ends tomorrow probably while im asleep
don't do anything stupid while im asleep please
Out of curiosity, why did you want the masons outed? Was it to do the mass claim?
- Creature always outs today tbh. It was nice to have him as a LHF for awhile but we don't want that anymore. TBH he wanted to out D2 but I didn't see any reason why he should do that just because he was pressured to.
- The Bell flip is really good and overnight we came up a solve that we're confident in. Outing the masonry as well as massclaiming helps with this.
- Even if we're not confident in it, we don't mind trading mason pieces to flip key slots. If we trade 1 for 1 great, if we hit town, that's also great because we can afford a couple of town deaths and the town deaths will ultimately help us get closer to solving. Pooky may be alone but in the late late game, Pooky alone should be enough to bring it home given all of the previous flips. I'm basically trying to set him as well as the whole village up for success.
- Pooky doesn't have that much thread presence where as I do and if I say "Yo, these are the people that need to die" then its more likely that those people will die.
Yeah but you just gave scum three free NKs, so I don’t really understand how this is helpful? I could understand you outing Creature since he was getting run up yesterday but why you and especially Murderkitty? How doesn’t that put targets on all of your respective heads?
yes
That is what trading is.
Obvious problem with that argument, is being IC, doesn’t make your reads correct, it just makes you not miselimable.

So, I think this was a really silly idea, except of course for Creature. I was recently in a game. I can link it if you like? I was also IC and I was deathtunelled on town!RR and as a result got pocketed by both scum and we lost because everyone wrongly sheeped me. And the absolute worst part of that is I got yelled at post game. :/
Its not about being correct
Part of setting up checkmate is miseliminating some people to try to figure out what scum were doing during the course of the game.
Okay, so you miselim some slots and if your order is off which it obviously is in our case, we trade what? How many possible miselims for three dead ICs?

We have 2 miselims which should be enough. By the time we hit F7 or F8 and there’s 3 scum left, the game should be super solvable and hopefully we miselimated the right people to help us understand what happened in this game.
Open Alisae/NorwegianboyEE hydra.
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4766 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:18 pm

In post 4752, Solstice wrote:
In post 4749, Polar Bear Express wrote:I hadn’t actually considered the possibility that she could have possibly been pocketing Hectic with that. I just really hard tr that AtE. I haven’t seen Ydrasse fake AtE as scum as scum before, so I honestly wouldn’t know. She just seemed so upset but it’s possible it could have been faked.

@Pooky what do you think? Is this in Ydrasse’s scumrange or not?
[Ydrasse was upset? when?]
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I trust Hectic to be right about Ydrasse
[That's fair enough though]

~Morning
After Hectic was flipped, so I wanted to know if that was out of her scumrange. It’s interesting to me that she isn’t trusting Hectic’s read on us however. Hectic’s only concern was me not posting enough, iirc.

@Ydrasse, did you ever ISO me in Death Curse?
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4767 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:20 pm

In post 4754, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:would she kill him and then cry over the coffin like a grieving widow? I don't think so ~.~
Well that’s what I thought too, so why do a 180 on us then?
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4768 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:22 pm

In post 4756, Solstice wrote:
[OH THAT]

[I thought it was really jokey. If Ydrasses' scumteam killed Hectic, I think she'd be practically obligated to do that bit. It's not like it was her choice to kill him]

[also I thought it was sort of weird that she harped on what a bad decision by scum it was to kill him]

~Morning
I really don’t get that at all.
Solstice
Solstice
Goon
Solstice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4769 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by Solstice »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:oh

I didn't know that was a meme

I've actually had someone react that way to me dying in a game.
[That would explain it then !]

[In any case I dont think scum!Ydrasse had any hand in who got killed anyway. and if I were scum in Ydrasses' shoes, I'd feel obligated to cry over Hectic after how important he was to her play]
Polar Bear Express wrote:After Hectic was flipped, so I wanted to know if that was out of her scumrange. It’s interesting to me that she isn’t trusting Hectic’s read on us however. Hectic’s only concern was me not posting enough, iirc.
[I'm of the opinion that those posts would have been fairly easy to do as there isn't much actual emotion involved regardless of alignment. The joke was that she was over-exaggerating how upset she was. You don't have to be careful about it looking faked if you intentionally make it really over-the-top.]

~Morning
You only have one shot.

Solstice
Solstice
Goon
Solstice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4770 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by Solstice »

[Misty and I think that Ircher, Dunn, Mastina, and Polarbears are town atm. DEB could be town i just dunno yet]

[I've been reading through Spiffy and I do wonder about that section where he mixes up Bell's claim as a tracker, then advocates for killing Bell being bad, then realizes he misread, but still prefers Creature overall cause his read there is so strong. i lean that it's real. i also like how he just wanted to get Bell and DEB both killed after a certain point lol. He looks way better than Ydrasse when it comes to how they positioned on Creature]

[Toog advocated for sparing DEB/Bell, which of course I don't think is inherently bad, but it was still something scum wants. I am really unsure if their scumreads on mastina/Polarbears are real and although they always tried to vote for those two over the main wagon, they never really showed me why they thought those two are scum, to be honest ?? They have the "active lurker" theory on mastina but it hasn't really been doing it for me. They noted their early Noraa vote was substanceless but the scumread persists all game. The only mention of something Polarbear did that they feel is scummy is here where they don't really explain why. They proceed to vote Polarbear over and over again then mastina later but I just don't know why]

[Dr Easy being scum clears up how fucky yesterday's claims were and why his crumb was so late. Might be wrong, I don't know yet]

[Ydrasse I'm mostly wrestling with whether or not she'd be willing to hard bus, normally i'd say no but this game feels special. I am curious about her scumpool, as it is probably the first time in the entire game she can't do the "im powersheeping pichu" bit with her reads]

[if I had to input a guess at this moment I might make it Toog/Ydrasse/Dr Easy]

~Morning
You only have one shot.

Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4771 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:28 pm

In post 4757, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 4755, Polar Bear Express wrote:Okay, so you miselim some slots and if your order is off which it obviously is in our case, we trade what? How many possible miselims for three dead ICs?

its hard to sort the game when the entire game is SRing masons and the game is not suspecting each other. needed to remove masons from the suspect pool to make more interactions happen.
So you can’t just ignore the bad mason reads? Like I obviously get Creature but whatever, what’s done is done. You really should have made me mason here Pooky but I can understand why you didn’t. I probably never told you that it’s my favourite role?
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4772 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Double the Trouble »

In post 4771, Polar Bear Express wrote:

So you can’t just ignore the bad mason reads? Like I obviously get Creature but whatever, what’s done is done. You really should have made me mason here Pooky but I can understand why you didn’t. I probably never told you that it’s my favourite role?
he did
Open Alisae/NorwegianboyEE hydra.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4773 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:31 pm

In post 4771, Polar Bear Express wrote:So you can’t just ignore the bad mason reads? Like I obviously get Creature but whatever, what’s done is done. You really should have made me mason here Pooky but I can understand why you didn’t. I probably never told you that it’s my favourite role?
you were in the pool i submitted

i blame titus for not making you a mason
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4774 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:36 pm

I still think trickling down would have been more optimal, so I hope it doesn’t backfire. Anyway, why didn’t you respond to my Trust Fall question? I mean you know what happened in that. :facepalm:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”