it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 224, Infinity 324 wrote:Y’all forgot to mention the best part of it all
self-noms aren't allowed! ;)
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Gypyx »

there isn't a best shitpost category D:
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Noraa »

you can nom it for post of the year
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:23 am

Post by Gypyx »

but then it wouldn't be shit anymore right?
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Noraa »

O_o
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Nom gypyx for shitposting philosopher of the year
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 226, Gypyx wrote:there isn't a best shitpost category D:
I don't know whether you were joking but I want to boost this signal.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 231, Ythan wrote:
In post 226, Gypyx wrote:there isn't a best shitpost category D:
I don't know whether you were joking but I want to boost this signal.
that would actually be great tbh, one of my favourite things about mafia is the shitposts
Show

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 230, Infinity 324 wrote:
Nom gypyx for shitposting philosopher of the year
why tho i'm trash
Show

bottom text
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Noraa »

ur not >:c
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:51 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Nom gypyx for shit posting philosopher of the year
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Gypyx »

cease
Show

bottom text
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:49 am

Post by petapan »

Post of the Year
12/26/2020 petapan Bingle Micro 984: my beautiful dark twisted familytree the greatest and most informative infographic i have ever seen
free crypto
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Tbh I might put up a DC nom for Pooky
Dude’s had some killer games
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Goodfellas
12/29/20
Infinity 324
Hoopla, Something_Smart, lilith2013, Nancy Drew 39, PookyTheMagicalBear
Due mostly to the efforts of these Hoopla and Something_smart, scum were able to solidly outplay the town mechanically while consistently avoiding being eliminated when it mattered. There were a bunch of pregame decisions that determined what power roles players would get. The scumteam managed to deny town most of the major power roles, leaving them with just a neighborizer, a 1-shot watcher, a vengeful, a PGO, and a UB against a 1-shot redirector and a JK in a 11v3 setup. s_s came up with the brilliant idea to no kill n1, and have lilith (the JK) claim her target and act like she had a guilty. Despite being put under a lot of pressure d1 and being suspected by an influential town player (skitter), the no kill and claim meant that lilith was treated as essentially locktown for a long time. Later in the game when town realized there was no doctor, lilith being scum seemed even more unlikely. It also almost gave scum a free elimination on menalque. Throughout the game, s_s managed to avoid suspicion without looking like he was trying to avoid suspicion. His questions seemed well-timed and well-motivated from a town perspective. They could also be very manipulative, as s_s made me question my defense of multiple town wagons without even pushing the wagons himself. Hoopla, despite having a lowkey early game, turned on the gas d4 and put on one of the best displays of pretending to be uninformed that I've ever seen. Despite being solidly in the PoE beforehand, she essentially stopped being suspected for the rest of the game. She was so good at getting into a town mindset that at multiple point during the day she posted almost exactly what I was thinking before I could say it. This allowed her to easily pocket me for the win.
Last edited by Infinity 324 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by the worst »

great nom - in a pinch I agree, SS carried early and Hoopla drove it home perfectly. If I feel energised I'd be pretty interested in, at a bare minimum, doing a version of the same Nom but including Pooky's effort. I really feel like Menalque's attempts to avoid being miselim'd were a moment in history. There are another bunch of alternate universe where Mena just became so ludicrously towny that SS was eliminated a day earlier, and Hoopla would have had a MUCH tougher con to sell (that extra mis-elim would have been brutal). I may have the added benefit of seeing the tension in the scum pt when they started to realise Mena might wriggle out of his elimination. But it was probably one of the most tense parts of the game.

Afaict Pooky made the call that his slot, and SS', were pretty unlikely to endgame - chainsawing the hell out of SS to force the Mena elimination across the line at the cost of, what, burning two scumslots who were basically about to go down, was honestly inspired.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 240, the worst wrote:great nom - in a pinch I agree, SS carried early and Hoopla drove it home perfectly. If I feel energised I'd be pretty interested in, at a bare minimum, doing a version of the same Nom but including
Smoke and Mirrors’
effort. I really feel like Menalque's attempts to avoid being miselim'd were a moment in history. There are another bunch of alternate universe where Mena just became so ludicrously towny that SS was eliminated a day earlier, and Hoopla would have had a MUCH tougher con to sell (that extra mis-elim would have been brutal). I may have the added benefit of seeing the tension in the scum pt when they started to realise Mena might wriggle out of his elimination. But it was probably one of the most tense parts of the game.

Afaict
Smoke and Mirrors (Pooky and Nancy Drew)
made the call that
their
slot, and SS', were pretty unlikely to endgame - chainsawing the hell out of SS to force the Mena elimination across the line at the cost of, what, burning two scumslots who were basically about to go down, was honestly inspired.
FiFY

Since all of our respective conversations took place in Discord, since I forgot to request a hydra PT, I don’t know why you’d even assume that any/all of our decisions weren’t 100% a joint effort?

I really appreciate you giving us the credit, despite that rather bizarre oversight.

Eta: found out that the hydra PT actually does exist but that neither Pooky or I ever posted in it. However, I really did get a kick out of duckling asking us if we wanted anything redacted from it. :lol:
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 239, Infinity 324 wrote:
Goodfellas
12/29/20
Infinity 324
Hoopla, Something_Smart
Due mostly to the efforts of these two, scum were able to solidly outplay the town mechanically while consistently avoiding being eliminated when it mattered. There were a bunch of pregame decisions that determined what power roles players would get. The scumteam managed to deny town most of the major power roles, leaving them with just a neighborizer, a 1-shot watcher, a vengeful, a PGO, and a UB against a 1-shot redirector and a JK in a 11v3 setup. s_s came up with the brilliant idea to no kill n1, and have lilith (the JK) claim her target and act like she had a guilty. Despite being put under a lot of pressure d1 and being suspected by an influential town player (skitter), the no kill and claim meant that lilith was treated as essentially locktown for a long time. Later in the game when town realized there was no doctor, lilith being scum seemed even more unlikely. It also almost gave scum a free elimination on menalque. Throughout the game, s_s managed to avoid suspicion without looking like he was trying to avoid suspicion. His questions seemed well-timed and well-motivated from a town perspective. They could also be very manipulative, as s_s made me question my defense of multiple town wagons without even pushing the wagons himself. Hoopla, despite having a lowkey early game, turned on the gas d4 and put on one of the best displays of pretending to be uninformed that I've ever seen. Despite being solidly in the PoE beforehand, she essentially stopped being suspected for the rest of the game. She was so good at getting into a town mindset that at multiple point during the day she posted almost exactly what I was thinking before I could say it. This allowed her to easily pocket me for the win.
Why exclude us (Smoke and Mirrors) and only give proper credit to only two thirds of the scumteam?

If the entire scumteam isn’t being rightfully included then I can’t endorse this nom. Either nominate the entire team or don’t make this nom imo.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I thought that hoopla and s_s did the most to contribute to scum's victory, I don't think you and pooky played bad at all but I don't think your performance was exceptional the way hoopla's and s_s's was. I would support a nom with all 3 of you though
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 243, Infinity 324 wrote:I thought that hoopla and s_s did the most to contribute to scum's victory, I don't think you and pooky played bad at all but I don't think your performance was exceptional the way hoopla's and s_s's was. I would support a nom with all 3 of you though
I doubt we’d have won without the Mena misexecute and hammer. Also, I don’t know if you’e ever been bussed as scum but it’s not necessarily easy to make that look believable. I’ve caught scum by their unconvincing reactions to being bussed when compared with being pushed as town. We also (well in this particular case, Pooky) played a significant role in the decision to NK Peta but I guess my main point is you usually don’t only nominate part of a scumteam.
In post 4477, the worst wrote:
Infinity 324,
Vanilla Townie
, has been endgamed.

Not_Mafia,
Town Neighbouriser
, has been endgamed.

Hoopla,
Mafia Goon
, survives and wins.

Congratulations to the scumteam of Hoopla, Something_Smart & Smoke and Mirrors (rep. lilith2013)!
In post 4506, the worst wrote:pt release will be ~72 hrs from game end :)

I agree the skitter/menalque thing was glorious to behold. I kept flashing back to all the times I've kept skitter and/or menalque alive and how much of a good time that was. :cry:

when I did the rand I had to put my phone down walk away come back and look at it again but I think in a plist this good, ~50% of scumteam rands would have been formidable.

I hope it's not lazy to say that I think SS and Lilith played the early game very strongly, and Hoopla and S&M played the lategame very strongly. The decision to seize the Menalque miselim and set Hoopla up for a double bus (rather than letting SS elim go through maybe, then reassessing from there) was visionary imo.
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I've never done a goodfellas nom before, from the description it seemed like it made sense to nominate part of a scum team, so I nominated the people I thought deserved it the most /shrug
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

I've never nominated someone before

Imma keep that trend going
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Noraa »

I've double nominated before :O
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by Isis »

I've always viewed the goodfellas award as being awarded to the scum faction of a particular game in its entirety rather than players. It's like Best Picture.
And like if one nominee is 3 players who played like 8s and another nominee is two players that played like 9s and one that played like a 2, the former would get the award.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

Remember ywall got till the 8th to get noms in
GTKAS