Micro 991: Names on the List [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 124, DkKoba wrote:
In post 123, Not_Mafia wrote:At least make your gimmick account your main like me
U got an alt where u srs play?
Shellyc
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by DkKoba »

wtf that's my alt
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I cc
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Horsewoman
Horsewoman
Goon
Horsewoman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Horsewoman »

Damn 6 pages ok i will read them..... Soon
Like the four horsemen of the apocalypse, not like a woman who is really into horses.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by DkKoba »

sorry ur in a koba game lol
retired
Ahsoka
Ahsoka
Goon
Ahsoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by Ahsoka »

In post 123, Not_Mafia wrote:At least make your gimmick account your main like me
What if my main is already a gimmick account?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Typed out a whole post and then accidentally deleted it :facepalm:

Gimli gets slight townpoints for immediately scumhunting above what the current gamestate is.
In post 84, clidd wrote:I had a hard scumread on DK in our first game together, but after a while I learned that he plays like that in both alignments. Nothing he said in this game, so far, is ai in my opinion.
This is something I very much agree with. DkKoba can be a difficult slot to read in my opinion and while their posts may not be completely AI so far I find it is quite difficult to read them early on just because of playstyle.
In post 96, DkKoba wrote:
In post 88, Raya36 wrote:
In post 53, DkKoba wrote:damn raya i cant believe ur still modding mini 2157 xD
Oops looks like I gotta edit that :lol:

In post 69, DkKoba wrote:
In post 5, RedFlavor wrote:I am hardclaiming doom counter
aight well now that they're gone and the pressure is useless, might as well spill why i labeled this a scum opener:

a) aware of the mechanic, something scum might have fresher in their mind on their first post after getting their role pm
b) no vote associated with post. meaning the mechanic is much more fresh than putting down an rvs vote. a subtle slip if you may
This is an interesting view, not sure if I fully agree with knowing the mechanics being scum indicative. Could argue that town should be just as aware of the mechanics. The second point is interesting though.
In post 71, DkKoba wrote:i did a metadive for other reasons and noticed that that isn't the type of player they are.
Do they typically ignore mechanics or just less of a mechanics oriented player?

Will read page 4 when I have more time later

well just like an early game of theirs I saw they ignored the IC mechanic in the old newbie setup. Whether or not you carefully read the setup is a personality thing.
That's an interesting observation although I'd take it with a grain of salt since it's an old game. I used to join games heavy in mechanics but avoid actually analyzing or strategizing mechanics like the plague. Now I try to put in more of an effort with mechanics. It's too bad we can't question them because it could just be something like that.

Volxen has seemed fine to me so far. I don't remember playing with him before so I don't know how he normally plays but the mechanics post was helpful for me at least.
In post 83, clidd wrote:Image

It's a hemorrhagic pleasure to be here,

We have to make sure that this individual isn't scum or eliminate him as soon as possible:

VOTE: volxen
I'm a little worried this is setting up for pushing but I guess we'll see.
In post 97, DkKoba wrote:
In post 20, DkKoba wrote:I feel like publishing the list is super-ev lol like they get to NK after it and put us into mylo for d2 if we dont get scum d1. Which kinda sucks

the doom counter is already harsh of an trade for town to give mafia an easy NK path idk lol
In post 22, DkKoba wrote:"Even-numbered Nights are skipped. On odd-numbered Nights, the Mafia must make a list of N living players in the game. N = the next Day's majority. For Night one, it would be a list of 5 people, for Night three it would be 4 and so on." oh ok nvm i can't read.

lol

ok ya we deffo using the list on d4 more likely
In post 28, DkKoba wrote:
In post 25, Datisi wrote:
Vote count 1.01

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-01-03 15:00:00).

execution
Not_Mafia [2]:
Not_Mafia, Raya36
RedFlavor [1]:
DkKoba

Not Voting [6]:
clidd, Horsewoman, Ahsoka, volxen, RedFlavor, Radja

game state
Doom Counter
is currently at
zero
~ With
Mafia alive, the Town will be endgamed once they are brought down to
members.

Previously published lists:
~ none

mod notes~ everyone has confirmed!
WAIT THERES 3 MAFIA???
In post 29, DkKoba wrote:NVM WE NEED TO USE LIST TOMORROW LOL
In post 30, DkKoba wrote:#townslip gang

me going from the thought process of 2 scum with NK to 3 scum no NK >>>>
explain where I faked this
It's not beyond your skillset to fake this.
In post 99, DkKoba wrote:gimli have you considered its RVS and that people who know eachother and have played with eachother are liklier to have implicit bias towards eachother? I tend to push people early who annoy me or who i dislike. It's easier and more natural for me. I don't tunnel them forever unless I genuinely scumread them. This is probably also true of raya wrt the lighter tone towards me - we've played together and i've played in a game she's modded. We're chill and don't wanna go at eachothers throats like that.
Just to add to this, I haven't played any games in a little while so it's nice to have some light friendly posts with players I've played with in the past before I really start scumhunting. I'll be sorting Koba, just not yet. (Plus as I mentioned I find them hard to read early on)
In post 107, Not_Mafia wrote:Radja is obvscum
Why's that?
In post 110, DkKoba wrote:
In post 107, Not_Mafia wrote:Radja is obvscum

honestly I vibe with this NM read
^
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by clidd »

I usually push players who are vocally weaker compared to me as scum, and Volxen doesn't fit that criteria.

Unless I have a specific context for pushing a player that is vocally difficult to eliminate (as I did on partition with ABR)
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by clidd »

Perhaps I would be tempted to push Gimli using his weak context of suspicion about DK as a starting point, while trying to indirectly persuade a conflict between Gimli and DK to see which side would receive the most friction. Alternatively, Radja would be an interesting choice if he followed a more vague line of interaction with the game. It would also depend on who my partner was.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by clidd »

But, well, guess what? we're in one of my towngames, so my current route is primarily to find out if Volxen is town or not. If so, I can interact with others and eventually get a concrete read on DK. If these two slots are town, I believe the game will be 80% easier to solve.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

lol the only reason ABR is hard to lim is because he gets extremely whiny when he gets FOSed
retired
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 135, DkKoba wrote:lol the only reason ABR is hard to lim is because he gets extremely whiny when he gets FOSed
In that game, in particular, I found it very difficult to push him. But I believe that he may be a little more susceptible to pocket if you show that you are reasoning with him and agree with what he proposes.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by DkKoba »

idk i only played against him when they were scum and i replaced into a game where i found them to be extremely obvious.

maybe their town meta is distinct! who knows.
retired
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 121, Ahsoka wrote:I would
never
succumb to the dark side like my master before me.
Hey, I haven't forgotten about you.

When possible, I would like to see your takes on the game.

I feel a disturbance in the *force* and maybe it's coming from you.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 132, clidd wrote:
I usually push players who are vocally weaker compared to me as scum, and Volxen doesn't fit that criteria.

Unless I have a specific context for pushing a player that is vocally difficult to eliminate (as I did on partition with ABR)
I don't know Volxen but I'll keep this in mind. That was a long explanation to say that's not who you'd push as scum. Self-meta like that isn't something I read into much. For all I know the reason you're potentially setting up a push on volxen instead of the other options you gave is because the other options include your partners.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

me and clidd about to solve this game
retired
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 137, DkKoba wrote:idk i only played against him when they were scum and i replaced into a game where i found them to be extremely obvious.

maybe their town meta is distinct! who knows.
I played as scum against town!him and as scum partner of scum!him. I thought he had a competent game as scum, but his towngame surprised me. He is very strong fighting against scum and it is very tiring to try to face him in a 1v1 (that's why I imagine pocket is a healthier thing to use if you're scum against him).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 139, Raya36 wrote:
In post 132, clidd wrote:

I don't know Volxen but I'll keep this in mind. That was a long explanation to say that's not who you'd push as scum. Self-meta like that isn't something I read into much. For all I know the reason you're potentially setting up a push on volxen instead of the other options you gave is because the other options include your partners.
I mean, the Volxen push is the most unusual timeline for scum!me, but yeah, I understand you pov.
Ahsoka
Ahsoka
Goon
Ahsoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Ahsoka »

In post 138, clidd wrote:
In post 121, Ahsoka wrote:I would
never
succumb to the dark side like my master before me.
Hey, I haven't forgotten about you.

When possible, I would like to see your takes on the game.

I feel a disturbance in the *force* and maybe it's coming from you.
Which disturbance have I made? I don't think I've had any major sort of effect on the game. I've been merely reacting as I don't have a total grasp on the game nor the mechanics. It's much too early for me to have any strong reads at the time.

I'm watching the game to see what I think is off, but at the moment, I haven't been pinged by anything that I couldn't see coming from a town perspective, like you coming after me, or Dkk/Gimli's votes on me.

I think Dkkoba's vote on me is worse than Gimli's, but I do not think that makes them scum.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by clidd »

Ahsoka, I was interested to see your thoughts on the active slots. It doesn't have to be detailed, it can be a summary.
Ahsoka
Ahsoka
Goon
Ahsoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Ahsoka »

I gave some. I typically don't like playing the early parts of Day 1.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by clidd »

If you don't have time, fine, it could be later, but it's important for me to see what you're thinking.

pedit: I couldn't absorb anything ai from your 143.
Ahsoka
Ahsoka
Goon
Ahsoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Ahsoka »

People play expecting town to have reads, but a townie shouldn't have strong reads at this point in the game. I will converse as I see fit, and these conversations will look good to look at in hindsight, which is why I converse.

I have given my thoughts on the stuff that stood out the most.
Ahsoka
Ahsoka
Goon
Ahsoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Ahsoka »

In post 146, clidd wrote:If you don't have time, fine, it could be later, but it's important for me to see what you're thinking.

pedit: I couldn't absorb anything ai from your 143.

That's because it's page 6.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 147, Ahsoka wrote:People play expecting town to have reads, but a townie shouldn't have strong reads at this point in the game. I will converse as I see fit, and these conversations will look good to look at in hindsight, which is why I converse.

I have given my thoughts on the stuff that stood out the most.
you're lockscum
retired

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”