Micro 991: Names on the List [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by clidd »

Aren't I 3:0 against you?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by clidd »

But if you're, in fact, Flavor, I have a big respect for your scumgame regardless of your alignment here :P
Ahsoka
Ahsoka
Goon
Ahsoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Ahsoka »

When the holiday ceases, and players fill around, they will have much to analyze within these last few pages.
Ahsoka
Ahsoka
Goon
Ahsoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Ahsoka »

In post 177, Ahsoka wrote:When the holiday ceases, and players fill around, they will have much to analyze within these last few pages.
I will catch a scum, and bring them to justice thereafter.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by clidd »

Ok, we'll be grateful if you do that.

But I would like if you could say more later about what do you think about the game and etc.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by clidd »

Now there are three slots I need to read: Volxen, DK and Ahsoka

I will reflect on the show while sleeping, maybe I will have a better interpretation of it in the morning.

volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 78, Gimli wrote:ow about you let other people decide if that is a townslip? also fair to note DK was annoying my slot cause redflavor had like a small hint of being mechanically aware, and now they're looking like they don't know anything at all about the game they're playing. so how does dkkoba know there's a doomcounter and they don't know there's 3 mafia?
DK can correct me if I am wrong, but I interpreted their reasoning behind their early Red scumread as that, if Red rolled scum the doom counter would be fresher in his mind since it’s mentioned in the scum role PM, whereas the DC is not mentioned in the town role PM. I don’t think it’s a great reason to be scumreading your slot, but I believe that is where DK is coming from regarding the scumread of Red’s opener.

I don’t think it’s really far-fetched that town!DK could have been aware of the DC early on but glossed over the fact that there are three scum vs two scum. DK might have simply focused on the DC part of the setup information and overlooked the number of town vs scum if they were reading the setup primarily to learn about the DC mechanic.

The alternative explanation is that DK is scum and faked all of these “mistakes” by pretending to think that there were only two scum, and that scum could also nightkill. I don’t think this is as likely because DK’s progression that started with incorrect analysis (2 scum and nightkills) and ended with them realizing their mistakes seemed genuine to me.

Also, if you look back at the early interactions between Red and DK at the very beginning of the game (, , ), DK’s posts where they called Red’s opener scummy and said it was a somewhat serious vote came 2 minutes after Red’s “hardclaim DC” opener. Scum!DK couldn’t have possibly pre-planned that opener, unless they are scum with your slot. And if you are town and DK is scum, I don’t know that DK would be able to come up with that fake reasoning to scumread Red over his opener that quickly. Granted, DK only initially said that Red’s opener was scummy without explaining why, but they knew they would have to eventually explain why (and DK did as soon as Red replaced out), so I think that regardless of DK’s alignment they knew what the explanation of the scumread was going to be at the time that they called Red’s opener scummy. I think it’s more likely to be a genuine thought process coming from town!DK rather than a fake thought process coming from scum!DK, especially when the short time lapse is taken into account.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 181, volxen wrote:
In post 78, Gimli wrote:ow about you let other people decide if that is a townslip? also fair to note DK was annoying my slot cause redflavor had like a small hint of being mechanically aware, and now they're looking like they don't know anything at all about the game they're playing. so how does dkkoba know there's a doomcounter and they don't know there's 3 mafia?
DK can correct me if I am wrong, but I interpreted their reasoning behind their early Red scumread as that, if Red rolled scum the doom counter would be fresher in his mind since it’s mentioned in the scum role PM, whereas the DC is not mentioned in the town role PM. I don’t think it’s a great reason to be scumreading your slot, but I believe that is where DK is coming from regarding the scumread of Red’s opener.

I don’t think it’s really far-fetched that town!DK could have been aware of the DC early on but glossed over the fact that there are three scum vs two scum. DK might have simply focused on the DC part of the setup information and overlooked the number of town vs scum if they were reading the setup primarily to learn about the DC mechanic.

The alternative explanation is that DK is scum and faked all of these “mistakes” by pretending to think that there were only two scum, and that scum could also nightkill. I don’t think this is as likely because DK’s progression that started with incorrect analysis (2 scum and nightkills) and ended with them realizing their mistakes seemed genuine to me.

Also, if you look back at the early interactions between Red and DK at the very beginning of the game (, , ), DK’s posts where they called Red’s opener scummy and said it was a somewhat serious vote came 2 minutes after Red’s “hardclaim DC” opener. Scum!DK couldn’t have possibly pre-planned that opener, unless they are scum with your slot. And if you are town and DK is scum, I don’t know that DK would be able to come up with that fake reasoning to scumread Red over his opener that quickly. Granted, DK only initially said that Red’s opener was scummy without explaining why, but they knew they would have to eventually explain why (and DK did as soon as Red replaced out), so I think that regardless of DK’s alignment they knew what the explanation of the scumread was going to be at the time that they called Red’s opener scummy. I think it’s more likely to be a genuine thought process coming from town!DK rather than a fake thought process coming from scum!DK, especially when the short time lapse is taken into account.
i feel very naked right now :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 132, clidd wrote:
I'm a little worried this is setting up for pushing but I guess we'll see.
I usually push players who are vocally weaker compared to me as scum, and Volxen doesn't fit that criteria.

Unless I have a specific context for pushing a player that is vocally difficult to eliminate (as I did on partition with ABR)
After our last game together -- where we were both town and I incorrectly scumread you early on in the game because I was suspicious of your "easy" townread on me -- I think it's plausible that scum!you would be aggressive towards my slot and push me in the beginning. You know I'm skeptical of people who townread me if I can't follow their reasoning. So if anything, I would expect scum!you to err on the side of being too aggressive towards my slot (rather than whiteknight me), at least initially, because you could always pull back later and have your read of me "evolve" into a townread if I started to become more widely townread.

I don't know if scum!you would necessarily deathtunnel me, but I am convinced after our last game together that scum!you would be very cautious with things like the timing of when you might fake a townread on me and your fake reasons for doing so, because you know that I would call you out on it if I felt that your reasons for townreading me were not genuine.

So I don't buy this narrative at all that scum!you would always start off by pushing the less vocal slots.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

volxen im feeling that vibe u fit into a very similar archaetype of player like I do :lol:
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 108, clidd wrote:
In post 105, DkKoba wrote:
In post 104, clidd wrote:
In post 94, Gimli wrote:last post of the day is a retraction of that ahsoka townlean after much consideration.

in fact I think her entrances in the thread are very bad with the flow of everything and point to scum.

will develop on this read tomorrow.

VOTE: ahsoka
I sympathize with this impression, but I am a little more concerned with Volxen. The mech wall made me uncomfortable and I want to understand his slot better before moving on.
y does it make u uncomfortable
It reflects me as malicious
, but not explicitly. It is a personal feeling.

I already made some posts of mech stuff (as scum) and even though it should be seen naturally as nai, I noticed that some players seemed to trust me more.

Here: viewtopic.php?p=11811488#p11811488

Not saying it is scummy, but in the context of Volxen, who is a very competent player as scum,
it gave me a shiver

I remember other example too about I correctly scumreading scum with the same feeling, but I need to take a look to see if I can find the game.
I think the bolded red parts of this post are exaggerated. I don't get the sense from this post and your other posts that my post on mechanics bothers you nearly as much as you claim it bothers you.

Also, why didn't you mention my mechanics post () earlier if it the basis of your suspicions of my slot? Your opening post () doesn't mention it at all, and in fact that post of yours in isolation looks like your vote on my slot may have not even been a serious vote at the time. After that post you made several other posts that were directed to or about other slots. You didn't first mention my mechanics post until responding to Gimli in , and this was several hours after you first stared posting in the game. And you didn't elaborate on my mechanics post until DK asked you about it in the post quoted above.

If it bothered you so much, why did you make no mention of it in your opening post, or at least within your first few posts after you started posting in the game?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:24 pm

Post by Gimli »

Hullo my friends! I wish you all a great weekend.
In post 95, DkKoba wrote: wheres the dishonesty?

cmon dude. lets see it. :lol: :lol: :lol

whats scummy about them? EGGSPLAIN TO THE CLASS
The dishonest part of your posting that I referred to was the comment you made about NM's list, saying you thought it was a reads list, which is probably a lie you decided to tell for reasons yet to be discovered. I'll let you know if I still find you scummy in a bit.

as to whether you could fake a particular thought process that looks like townslip, I'm in no position to evaluate and you made it a moot point by announcing your own posting as townslipping. Now it just reads as deliberately doing things just to get townread for doing them.

I have nothing to say to #99. we'll see where my read goes.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 110, DkKoba wrote:
In post 107, Not_Mafia wrote:Radja is obvscum

honestly I vibe with this NM read
how?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:28 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 117, Ahsoka wrote:
In post 116, Ahsoka wrote:I am not a player who would be unsure if scum.
That is not the way.
what is this?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:29 pm

Post by Gimli »

that's brilliant.

btw I like clidd's impression of volxen as towny and I like the way he is approaching ahsoka. seems like he is posting in good faith trying to parse out the slots.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 121, Ahsoka wrote:I would
never
succumb to the dark side like my master before me.
those italics are so scummy.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 128, Horsewoman wrote:Damn 6 pages ok i will read them..... Soon
where are you?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:35 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 147, Ahsoka wrote:People play expecting town to have reads, but a townie shouldn't have strong reads at this point in the game. I will converse as I see fit, and these conversations will look good to look at in hindsight, which is why I converse.

I have given my thoughts on the stuff that stood out the most.
a townie 'shouldn't' have strong reads as opposed to 'I don't have strong reads' points to someone trying to mimetize town behaviour as opposed to just being town.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:35 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 149, DkKoba wrote:
In post 147, Ahsoka wrote:People play expecting town to have reads, but a townie shouldn't have strong reads at this point in the game. I will converse as I see fit, and these conversations will look good to look at in hindsight, which is why I converse.

I have given my thoughts on the stuff that stood out the most.
you're lockscum
I like this.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:37 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 162, Ahsoka wrote:I don't know Gimli, but I know you and Kkoba, so let's fight. Shall we?

I believe this push on me is fabricated. I believe there are town on my wagon currently, as I specifically do not think Gimli and Dkkoba are both scum voting me.

Clidd can be scum because they hard misrepped me right when momentum on me could have gone either way. They can be impatient town. Either way, this should end up amusing.
where were you misrepresented?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by Gimli »

I like volxen's defense of dkkoba as town with that early push on my slot, but I don't townread volxen for it.
Ahsoka
Ahsoka
Goon
Ahsoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:48 pm

Post by Ahsoka »

Look at that hard discredit train of Gimli, just chop chop chopping me down.

That might actually be scum indicative. He made the choice to push further, almost unnecessarily, in a nitpicky fashion like the italics. Seems like they want to keep momentum going on me.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:49 pm

Post by Gimli »

I might be strong townreading clidd after these pages but their scum game could be just that good. and then dkkoba to a lesser extent, given I'm reading some of the things they posted early in a different light. raja can be town, but her posts are still too easy to and about everyone.

as far as d1 goes, that leaves me with volxen, radja, NM, horsewoman, ahsoka. ahsoka is an actual scumread out of this bunch. everyone else should be solidly null, though I liked radja's two posts.

kind of awkward posting but I'm back later with more.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:50 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 196, Ahsoka wrote:Look at that hard discredit train of Gimli, just chop chop chopping me down.

That might actually be scum indicative. He made the choice to push further, almost unnecessarily, in a nitpicky fashion like the italics. Seems like they want to keep momentum going on me.
where did clidd misrepresent you?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:53 pm

Post by Gimli »

just so you won't think I'm picking on you, I just found all your posting to be scum indicative as I was catching up. I could be wrong of course.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”