Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3900 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Hench Princesses »

putting aside balance, isn't turnstiling more players like supposed to be a fun minigame for town

I just think from a design perspective it's too convoluted in terms of the appeal of the setup to be a scum role, for town it's a little minigame activator and obviously meant to also help town slightly but mostly to probably be fun

I think the other thread has more paranoia about his role because of the turnstile in the purple room being a similar mechanic but I can't see why brian's role would be scum personally, I've already made my balance argument and in general "argument from fun" is not always correct but I also think I've found town brian now off play

-E
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3901 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Annie Edison »

I could be omgussy re:superbowl. most of what i remember is feeling extremely irritated and frustrated. did Tammy give any thoughts on the slot?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3902 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:19 am

Post by SirCakez »

Elimination Votecount 2.7

zMuffinMan (2) - Gypyx, Titus
Hench Princesses (2) - Annie Edison, Bell
Titus (1) - Brian Skies

Not voting (4) - Dunnstral, zMuffinMan, Spiffeh, Hench Princesses

(expired on 2021-01-04 12:54:00) remain until day end

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.

Spiffeh is V/LA through Sunday.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3903 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Annie Edison »

In post 3900, Hench Princesses wrote:putting aside balance, isn't turnstiling more players like supposed to be a fun minigame for town

I just think from a design perspective it's too convoluted in terms of the appeal of the setup to be a scum role, for town it's a little minigame activator and obviously meant to also help town slightly but mostly to probably be fun

I think the other thread has more paranoia about his role because of the turnstile in the purple room being a similar mechanic but I can't see why brian's role would be scum personally, I've already made my balance argument and in general "argument from fun" is not always correct but I also think I've found town brian now off play

-E
my read has nothing to do with roles
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3904 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Annie Edison »

In post 3901, Annie Edison wrote:I could be omgussy re:superbowl. most of what i remember is feeling extremely irritated and frustrated. did Tammy give any thoughts on the slot?
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3905 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:24 am

In post 3477, Hench Princesses wrote:I mean... I kinda think yeah? Like most people were not super optimistic about hitting all the scum by EoD2 even if we still wanted to try to go for it.

anyway if this was already beamed sorry -e
In post 4640, Deacon Blues wrote:
NACHO, TAMMY NOTES FROM THE NIGHT ONE NEIGHBORHOOD

PART 2 - THE REVERSE THREAD

Nacho posted a list of his confident townreads in the reverse thread.

Superbowl9
Petapan
Deacon Blues
Dandelion Wine
Firebringer
Tenet/upside down sinkhole

I don't think these were in any particular order.

Nacho said that midway almost made the cut on the strength of peta's day 1 read, but felt he needed more scrutiny

Nacho would have wanted to elim skitter30 in the reverse timeline day 1. He told us we need to calm some of you down and get 'er done.

Nacho doesn't think superbowl is scum (this is a theme...)

Tammy expressed concerns that Dandelions didn't fight the FL elim. Cabd explained the toddler-needs-dad thing going on at the time.

Tammy thought LLD's posts felt performative and expressed that she was not townreading LLD at all. She expressed concern that Deacon-ffery townread LLD so easily based on her interactions with superbowl. She said that LLD putting a vote on pooky while reacting in a "lolwtf" over flavor getting buried felt way off. She mentioned that Nacho had pointed out that she'd picked out several posts on day 1 that ffery would never make as scum, though.

Tammy thought that in a Dandelion/LLD/pooky scum world, the whole push was planned and that at least one of those three would have had a better reaction to what was going on. She thought that Cabd and Flavor Leaf would have had a different set of interactions given how closely they worked together in the Xeno game. She agreed he was being annoying as hell and wasn't easy to work with. She went on to say that she felt pooky went from refusing to give the forwards thread much interactions or reads or anything (basically an activity level of 10 mph, to hammering his turnstile, and going to 90 miles an hour in the reverse thread. Sh thought he looked like he had a clear agenda. She said that she was focusing on pooky's 150 performance in the reverse thread after giving the forwards thread 10. She reiterated basically the same argument about pooky twice in this post. It was rambly.

Nacho said he felt pooky-scum very strongly when ffery asked if pooky-scum or not.

Tammy wrote a post about LLD's early posting saying that LLD felt schmoozy fake-laughing like at bad jokes at an office party. It went on and on from there with cards against humanity games and stifled boredom and there's no way I can do it justice via paraphrase. you'll have to read it postgame. It's post 299.

Tammy suggested that Cabd NOT fake a guilty and just yell about skitter until we elim her. (this is partially a joke but yelling about skitter was serious)

Tammy loved Firebringer this game and doesn't care what his alignment is, he's a bright spot in a barbaric thread.

Nacho said that Midwaybear's post 34 was strange. Midway suggested that we should send over PRs who are stronger in the other thread. He said it so matter of factly that it sounded like he's confident he knows how things work. Then midway went on to point out that that idea wouldn't work because players would be outed. Then he voted himself for turnstile.

Tammy went back to the issue of cabd/midway/LLD day end weirdness again. She questioned herself again over expecting a better response if they had all known what was coming when pooky turnstiled over. She felt less so about midway on this, but also had been thinking that her earlier townread on him was bad, and thought that first thinking about LLD and then saying not felt strange. She reiterated that Cabd and LLD would have coordinated better than for them to both be there and not knowing what to do. She said that having to deal with an infant at that time made perfect sense for not being there. And she questioned why FL self-hammered as town there.

Nacho said he didn't understand why midway ended up voting Annie Edison. And didn't understand why he ended up voting for FL after having him as a lean town. Nacho liked his self confidence, but noted it was in short spates. He liked midway's post 261, but said it was not enough to solidify him as town. Nacho wanted to press him on his thoughts when he made these stances.

Tammy said she'd be surprised if Firebringer was telling the truth about his role.

Nacho reiterated a few times that he did NOT want us to turnstile anyone to the Forwards Thread today.

And, last but not least, Nacho gave me the sacred duty of getting along with superbowl today and working to get him into the Purple Room. Tlaloc knows I'm trying!

I <3 this neighborhood so much! Miss you guys! Hope I've done your thoughts justice!
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3906 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:25 am

the implication of the last line "getting along with superbowl today" implies that they had superbowl as their strongest townread and were okay with sending him to the "townie" timeline
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3907 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:27 am

Post by Annie Edison »

I was responding to that wall, which doesnt say if they both felt the same way about superbowl

ok yes with the last line especially I guess some kind of consensus is strongly implied thank you
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3908 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Annie Edison »

not a terribly important question anyway

@Deacon did you have anything you wanted to ask me about thise reads or was it just to inform me?
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3909 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:49 am

In post 4997, Deacon Blues wrote:I wanted to be sure you'd seen the stuff about superbowl. It worried me a little because it looks like you and notsci hadn't hydra-discussed imperium/dandelion/deacon reads on superbowl.
I feel like the dead's reads are not necessarily the top priority for a hydra partner catching up? :P Why would that worry you, I don't get it

-E
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3910 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:11 am

I mean it's a legitimate question, "worried" is a specific feeling and I don't really get why you assume that someone in the forward timeline would prioritize a dead player's reads about a player from the inverted timeline over... the 157 pages of this timeline. I'm not even saying it's a scummy thought, I'm trying to understand why you think they'd prioritize that

-E
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3911 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3896, Hench Princesses wrote:
In post 2697, Gypyx wrote:Bodyguard
Fowards odd-night cop
Fowards Watcher
Inverted *something*
Turnstile giving role or something
Innocent Child
Amnesiac Followeur

I'm not seeing similar roles tbf
gx why did you think fire was odd night here?

-E
because he claimed that? or am I misremembering?

also if annie could sign their posts, would be really cool
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3912 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Gypyx »

anyways titus case, titus case....
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3913 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:28 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 5000, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 3909, Hench Princesses wrote:
In post 4997, Deacon Blues wrote:I wanted to be sure you'd seen the stuff about superbowl. It worried me a little because it looks like you and notsci hadn't hydra-discussed imperium/dandelion/deacon reads on superbowl.
I feel like the dead's reads are not necessarily the top priority for a hydra partner catching up? :P Why would that worry you, I don't get it

-E
I hate pretty much everything about this post. If I didn't already have concerns about HP, this post would have caused whiplash.

I'm not going to answer it, but I want my opinion known to the forwards thread.
what's so bad about it?
Show

bottom text
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3914 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:29 am

In post 3911, Gypyx wrote:because he claimed that? or am I misremembering?

usually bulge has announced his presence when posting

I don't see where fire ever claimed odds... why did you think he claimed that? idk a few people made that inference because he said he didn't want to be turnstiled day 2 but that wasn't something in his claim itself

-E
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3915 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:29 am

In post 3912, Gypyx wrote:anyways titus case, titus case....
is this you wanting to write one or you waiting for brian?

-E
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3916 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3914, Hench Princesses wrote:
In post 3911, Gypyx wrote:because he claimed that? or am I misremembering?

usually bulge has announced his presence when posting

I don't see where fire ever claimed odds... why did you think he claimed that? idk a few people made that inference because he said he didn't want to be turnstiled day 2 but that wasn't something in his claim itself

-E
huh, could've sworn i saw him claim odd-night

i'll look it up
Show

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3917 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3915, Hench Princesses wrote:
In post 3912, Gypyx wrote:anyways titus case, titus case....
is this you wanting to write one or you waiting for brian?

-E
me trying to get myself to write one

it isn't working out
Show

bottom text
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3918 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:53 am

It doesn't need to be a long case. Which post most pings you, and why do you think she's scum in like, a single sentence beyond that?

-E
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3919 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Annie Edison »

Thanks, bulge. Happy Holidays to you too!

@ffery- haven’t really discussed him but bulge and I were pretty much in the same spot re him from what he’s posted recently

I’m also not signing but it’s been majority me and bulge announces his presence
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3920 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3918, Hench Princesses wrote:It doesn't need to be a long case. Which post most pings you, and why do you think she's scum in like, a single sentence beyond that?

-E
this
In post 1255, Titus wrote:
In post 1236, Annie Edison wrote:We can punt pisskop first followed by Pooky. I’m cool with that.
I'm ok turnstiling pisskop. It's a slower thread so he may be able to play the game and get sortable.

VOTE: turnstile pisskop
this
quote="In post 2192, Titus"]@Wine, How confident are you in your soft CC? I would hate to see you and skitter be back to back miseliminations.[/quote]
(i don't necesarly hate the content, but the way it's formulated)

and i explained a pretty bad chunk of post in

there also was something about titu's reaction to my push but i can't find it back

plus generally, titus feels different from her town!titus games i had with her (less agressive / not seeing her VCA, which is kinda weird especially in a game with 6 VC's)
Show

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3921 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Gypyx »

fuck the quote
Show

bottom text
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3922 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:53 am

GX how do you feel about the muffin man and the fact that he's the last scum in this timeline?

-E
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3923 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:04 pm

skitter I've never seen you be naked scum before, this is kinda fun.

how pumped were you when you saw you were teamed with LLD?

-E
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3924 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Annie Edison »

Who is scum over here then pumba?

Idk how I feel about muffin anymore. I’m not really impressed with anything he’s said and wouldn’t be surprised if he did flip scum, but my guts saying he won’t

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”