Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #5475 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Victim blaming is... Not an okay word to use in this setting or circumstance and I am gonna...dip for a bit
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #5476 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:51 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

oh. yea my only experience with scum!you is from PYP and I don't remember you doing any WKing.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #5477 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:52 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i just remember you tried to save me in 960 and i kind of shat on you for it and that was a pretty stupid thing to do :/
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5478 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5475, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Victim blaming is... Not an okay word to use in this setting or circumstance and I am gonna...dip for a bit
Sorry if my use of the phrase upsets you. I'll rephrase it.

I don't like when people mis-execute someone and then blame them for getting mis-executed. In rare cases it is justified, but usually it is just a tactic to avoid taking responsibility for being wrong (if town)/pushing a mis-execution (if scum).

If you say someone is scummy, and they were town, then that was you being wrong. (Which is fine. No one's right all the time.) Not them failing to perform to your expectations.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5479 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 4256, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 4251, Spiffeh wrote:If Titus is scum here she has REALLY stepped up her game in the past year

I really doubt it though
You don't seem to have a clue who scum are anyway, so you could do worse than sheeping me.
In post 4288, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 4286, Spiffeh wrote:My lim pool is still the same lim pool at this moment in time

They just have different degrees of confidence

(hint: I am confident in none of them)
Whispers in Spiffeh's ear:
Sheep Me
i like these posts a lot. i feel like it's not an attitude i'm used to seeing from brian, but i like it anyway.
In post 4272, Bell wrote:I just can’t solve as scum.
Like at all.
I don’t put on a shit eating grin and laugh like i’m BM when i’m Scum this game.
Like just iso me. It’s long but there’s a lot of consistently and readily available explanation for any thought process I may have whether I say it then or later, it still gets said eventually

*i’m a LOT* more vague as scum
And also, I can barely talk to my scum partners but i’ve Evenly distributed my interactions with players for the most part, or at least haven’t avoided anyone.

Uh, just a whole lotta reasons i’m Not scum this game.
this is weird.
why are you aware that you've evenly distributed your interactions? it makes it sound intentional. the only other thing i can come up for to explain this sentence is that it exists to shoehorn in the "even" crumb, and i don't think you'd prefer i choose that interpretation.

i'm just gonna post this now before it becomes painfully quotestripey.
-ceph
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5480 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

comment i forgot to put on paper regarding brian's titus case: i'm particularly fond of the idea that her just citing "lolmoonlogic" is something she's doing to look town on purpose. it's town-indicative when she actually posts the moonlogic, imo, and saying it exists but is a big secret i can't tell you feels more like an imitation of her town game.

hp sort of accidentally towncasing brian? is the first thing ive liked from them, though if they set out to towncase him (which i should double check) then never mind

bell:
4289-90 do give me the feel of "i'm the last scum over here". and like, "i'd be falling apart if i was scum here" while basically falling apart is kinda funny.
4304 is role-based fearmongering. i think this post comes from someone who has already decided to claim, so 4310 ("should i claim") is a strange follow up.
4308 feels like trying to produce guilt because ffery/cabd like him, but i can see myself starting to confbias here
i think someone already pointed out that 4314 isn't logical
4372 is fearmongering "cabd ur gonna lose a lot of influence when i flip town". 4401 is the same.
why are people townreading this reaction.
-ceph

/177
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5481 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

hp and muffin both defending bell sure doesn't make me feel better about him lol
but i guess i suspect titus now too and that's too many scum

page 181 just reads like bell deliberately trying to throw some fake associatives and continues to be the meltdown he would supposedly be having if he were scum
help help i'm digging a tunnel
-ceph
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5482 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:19 am

Why do you think scum shoot at the IC N1 with no strongman? They're just crossing their fingers that there's no protective?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5483 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 142, Bell wrote:I
In post 142, Bell wrote:rolled
In post 144, Bell wrote:scum
In post 153, Bell wrote:excellent

Right from the doggo's mouth, folks.
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5484 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

fwiw when bell's doc crumbs were brought up in the purple room & on discord by cabd i said i wasn't convinced they were crumbs, but bell actually claiming doctor after that is a revelation for me and i am admittedly unsure what he gains as scum by denying they were crumbs but it seems farfetched to me
In post 4640, Titus wrote:Brian's OMGUSing hard
is he????
In post 4662, Bell wrote:Well. This 1v1 is leaving my conflicted, confused, and fence sitty and i’m Not even sure this is a false dillrma or not. And I should just find a different fence.
how lol brian is clearly getting the better of this
this is the sort of thing scum like to say to look like they're thinking
In post 4679, Bell wrote:@cephrir, hmm? Because I try to look town as town. I’m pretty aware of my own interaction patterns and weaknesses, though I occasionally forget them.

I’m pretty confident i’ve mentioned interaction patterns both as a self meta defense and to read others.
that's weird!
i'm not putting much stock in the meta stuff, everyone is doing it and i prefer to just play this game more than other games. i'll trust cabd to do some of that for me and i'll care what he thinks but personally i usually only use meta with people i've personally experienced

-ceph
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5485 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:45 am

Will you at least accept the meta claim that he has randomly capitalized words in past games and it has (to my knowledge) never been for crumbing purposes?
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5486 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 5485, Something_Smart wrote:Will you at least accept the meta claim that he has randomly capitalized words in past games and it has (to my knowledge) never been for crumbing purposes?
i don't need meta for that, i can see it in his iso in this game. he could have decided to use it to crumb in this game, or he could not have; i don't think the even thing is that important anyway
-ceph
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5487 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

ss have you seen titus' post directed at you or are you just defending bell for fun
-ceph
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5488 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

never elim brian ever ever ever. he is a radiating ball of town.
-ceph
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5489 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:56 am

Post by petapan »

brian hooked a live one yall
free crypto
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5490 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:57 am

In post 5487, Dandelion Wine wrote:ss have you seen titus' post directed at you or are you just defending bell for fun
I mean I'm defending Bell because I think he's probably town and regardless it isn't a good idea to kill him now.

I have not seen Titus's post. I'll look at it now.
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5491 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

wait, if we turnstile titus she gets loverized to ss? so... we can lim both of them at once? uh i kind of want to do that but we already turnstiled.
lovers that only exist in inverted thread doesn't suggest a forwards doc exists to me at all.
-ceph
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5492 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

Oh also.

In post 1371, Bell wrote:#1094: Pinged.
#1098: Okay.
#1099: Okay?
#1111: You sound like there's a terrorist with a gun to your head forcing you to play in 12 games just out of frame or something.
#1113: I don't! :good:
#1125: Sure.
#1135: Wut? We went to a Halloween pumpkin tour thing. It was very pretty. My grandpa said his favorite part was the pumpkin 'Dinasnores.' which is my new favorite made up word.
#1214: What about the last few pages wasn't fun? I had fun.
"Poo(k)y is WW" (Bell was scum with Pooky this game and signaling to traitor-taylor swift)

It's not like there's not precedent for Bell knowing about this style of thing. Bulge head of Annie was the one who caught it, even.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5493 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:01 am

Post by pisskop »

Im gonna assume I can get some reads by reading the first pages. If somebody can point me to some key tech that'd be awesome though.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5494 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:01 am

Ah ok. I confirm that Titus & I are neighbors who become lovers if we are in the same timestream. I don't agree with her that this implies doc. I think the IC NK implies strongman, which implies doc.

I think she's probably town from setup spec; it doesn't make an awful lot of sense for this role to be T/S.
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5495 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 4757, Bell wrote:It really really really eeallly reallllllllly doesn’t make sense to me.

I mean sure, we’ve had games with no doc or whatever in smoke filled.
Wait were you in that game.

But the balancing was all different was the conclusion i’m Skipping to the end here.
???????????????????
do you think every game has a doctor and lovers
-ceph
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5496 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 5494, Something_Smart wrote:Ah ok. I confirm that Titus & I are neighbors who become lovers if we are in the same timestream. I don't agree with her that this implies doc. I think the IC NK implies strongman, which implies doc.

I think she's probably town from setup spec; it doesn't make an awful lot of sense for this role to be T/S.
i think it would actually be an interesting mechanic to force this on scum and watch what they do to avoid the turnstile
-ceph
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5497 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:07 am

I would imagine the answer is "probably nothing."
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5498 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 4777, Bell wrote:This is what I don’t get, where the fuck is your wait a minute moment?

It’s inexplicably missing.
wait a minute everyone! titus claimed a role that is NAI! hold the FUCK up pump the fucking BRAKES this is a GAME CHANGER
-ceph
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5499 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

fuck, my not being sarcastic streak was going so well
-ceph

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”