Mini Normal 2185 | EFoBBBiO | Game Over!

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Grendel »

Lets get bugspray into claiming territory.

VOTE: BugSpray

I would prefer a trendell/ORAM/Outworlder counter wagon to bugs. Lunar is more likely town then those three

-/-/-/-

pre-edit

wasnt Trendel Lunar's stronger scum read over all?

Lunar also plays like they want to keep the day phase going long as possible. Which means avoiding consolidating on a weaker scum read. I think thats sub optimal play since we're in the last 48 hours, and this isnt exactly a poppin' town. I do, however, know a lot of players that avoid compromise like its the plague, so the action isnt inherintly AI.

I think you said something about Lunar being scum with OWER for choosing the smaller Trendell wagon. Im not sure about that. But Ill keep it in mind if one of them end up being scum.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Momrangal »

OWER/Trendall/NPOM was always his scum team, until more started going up against OWER more.

More notably, I found this on a quick iso to double check
In post 734, Lunar Martian wrote:Based on interactions on this page I don't think that OutWorldER and Frog are both Mafia. I'm leaning towards Frog being Mafia and Out being Town.
This came after his vote, and after Frog acknowledged that I may have something here. There were multiple wagons at the time, and it feels like newbscum sticking to some scumreads to look like they are generating them early on and sticking to their reads and falling back on just one of them when others start looking more into it.

Also at this time, Trendall was popular. If two scum are in the POE pool d1 it makes sense as a survivalistic move to try and move over to a townie that's under scrutiny to save them
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Trendall »

I don't mind voting bugspray but I don't think it's the best elimination. They could be maf tho.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 827, Trendall wrote:I don't mind voting bugspray but I don't think it's the best elimination. They could be maf tho.
Grendel you're right in that I'd prefer not to compromise, but I will. The quoted post makes me particularly fine with voting for bugspray. Still prefer ER or Trendall though.

VOTE: bugspray

That should be 5 votes, or E-2.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Something about the number of people calling bugspray second best makes them seem more likely scum. Not because buddies are trying to push townies rather than bus, but because generally the way to avoid getting limmed as scum is not to be ultra-town but to just not be the scummiest in the room.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ORAM
ORAM
She/Her
Mashterstroke

ORAM
She/Her
Mashterstroke

Mashterstroke

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by ORAM »

Quick post: replace "pretty obvious scum" with "scum who does things that will obviously get them to be widely scumread."

And make no mistake: I am a
very
nervous person.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

ORAM's entrance seemed fine to me. At the very least, I can't divine any scum agenda ORAM put into it. But I have to see more of that slot before making a proper judgement.

I very much prefer flipping Bugs here. I still think that trajectory is strikingly bad. I could also see Lunar being scum here but I feel Bugs is a more sure shot.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 818, Momrangal wrote:
In post 812, Frogsterking wrote:Well it looks like you're both in your early 20s so scratch that theory out.
Replace chronological age with mafia age. There is an unnatural amount if irration and useage of energy trying to keep up with the newer generation of mafia

Including an irritation at you for dropping amelie down to null- maybe scum
In post 824, Momrangal wrote:
In post 806, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 777, Amélie wrote:You recently said you reviewed my posting and thought me town. Then soon after I moved you to my scum reads and this post followed.
Can you talk to me about how you are thinking?
That isn’t an accurate representation of the timeline
I feel like it’s hard to parse out what factors into your reads so they come across as baseless and random
Amelie is a bit disorganized but, she posts stream of thought posts in the attempt or organize and communicate her thoughts and ideas which I maintain is difficult for newer scum to do. It looks like to me that her mind is moving much faster than she is able to get down on paper and it does show that she is trying to solve a puzzle vs trying to manipulate the situation to make it look like she is solving a puzzle.
I drink too much but I wanted to say that after looking closely again at Amelie, Grendall, and Gamma this afternoon I felt more confident that they were town.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

yeah that kinda seems to be the case imo as well
your breakdown of me v. Amelie and grednel v. Amelie really made that click I think. It also covered my question towards you before of you you weren't factoring in Amelie's own distaste for Grendel, fwiw
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

M y head is pounding I'm going to go to bed. I can't remember I was trying to say something.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Grendel »

At E-2 and about a day and a half left BugSpray should strongly consider cliaming and dropping their legacy reads when they come back.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 829, Gamma Emerald wrote:Something about the number of people calling bugspray second best makes them seem more likely scum. Not because buddies are trying to push townies rather than bus, but because generally the way to avoid getting limmed as scum is not to be ultra-town but to just not be the scummiest in the room.
I agree with this

-/-/-/-/-
In post 830, ORAM wrote:Quick post: replace "pretty obvious scum" with "scum who does things that will obviously get them to be widely scumread."

And make no mistake: I am a
very
nervous person.
I will do my best to keep that in mind in future.

-/-/-/--
In post 834, Frogsterking wrote:M y head is pounding I'm going to go to bed. I can't remember I was trying to say something.
Im very lucky that my "hangovers" manifest mostly as me just being extra sleepy. Hope you rest well.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by Amélie »

There are too many pages. I will catch up after work.
Why is it so easy to kill our happiness but so hard to kill our sadness?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Bugs is my preferred elimination today. I agree that they should claim in their next post.
ORAM
ORAM
She/Her
Mashterstroke

ORAM
She/Her
Mashterstroke

Mashterstroke

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by ORAM »

Today was not a good day for me. Not an excuse. Hope to feel better tomorrow and be more useful
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Post by Galron »

I think Orem deserves a closer look.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:30 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

VOTE: bugspray

I'm not entirely confident on this but I'm going with the consensus
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

E1
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:18 am

Post by bugspray »

i'm a backup neighbor lemme quote the crumb/soft
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:19 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 37, bugspray wrote:Frogster why is your ocean test better than rvs and why didn't you link us all the same one and also post your results?
NPOM and Galren might be beside one another in this wagon and I'm here to back them up

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Amélie »

In post 843, bugspray wrote:i'm a backup neighbor lemme quote the crumb/soft
I have not read up but is this role confirmed to be town like a mason or can it be scum?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:22 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 845, Amélie wrote:
In post 843, bugspray wrote:i'm a backup neighbor lemme quote the crumb/soft
I have not read up but is this role confirmed to be town like a mason or can it be scum?
it can be scum but i seriously doubt that there isn't some other town power that can confirm me tonight

Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Amélie »

If todays choices are Bugspray and Lunar Martian, I actually prefer Lunar Martian over Bug spray now. The claim is a really strange role that doesn't seem like a scum fake claim to me.
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:45 am

Post by Amélie »

Spoiler:
In post 779, Grendel wrote:I'd say you're allergic to me lol. If you can think of a reason every single post a player makes is scummy then you're trying very hard to make the player in question look scummy in your mind.
If this is where it stands then im not sure if theres much point in me engaging you this game.

You asked about why I said "if you're both town then chill out" w/regards to the Lunar Vs Luca thing. Its a means of discouraging self-destructive town tendencies, its a net neutral as far as telling scum it i think? "if you're both town" just appeals to a player's better nature in general. I use the phrase pretty regularly in most games i play.
The bolded is what I find unsettling in this post. My Grendel scum read is definitely still there.
In post 779, Grendel wrote:That interesting b/c the whole "keeping up with the game, and summarizing whats happening" is a crutch i leaned in hard on when i was inexperienced scum. Players are less liekly to turn on you when you say mostly uncontroversial things as a newer player in site meta. I will have to read AGambling Pigs posts agian as I dont recall them v well.
They had only 5 posts so I'm not sure it really meant much.
In post 780, Grendel wrote:"Quick lets flip this inactive slot before we get a replacement!" Froggking looking really town if AGB slot turns out to be mafia.
This is a super bad way to describe this and makes Frogsterking look particularly bad if ORAM ever flips town. I dislike ORAM's posts but I dislike the way you are approaching them even more.
In post 784, Grendel wrote:Not really sure about the idea of flipping ORAM today since its so low info tho.
This feels like you want it to happen later so Frogsterking can die right after.
In post 790, Lunar Martian wrote:I think Grendel is right to point out that ER has been inactive since pressure started to build on them. The pressure consequently dissipated, and they have remained inactive except a quick comment after being prodded.
Who is "ER"?
In post 793, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 782, Grendel wrote:Lunar standing in the face of death and actively tempting Luca to hammer runs contrary to how survivalistic most scum are. It would be safer in that situation to just go ahead and (fake)claim and hope for the best as scum. Lunar actively spiting on that notion and aggressing the players active in that point of time is pretty inline with town behavior.

in short i think Lunar is more likely town then scum.
I get where you’re coming from, but I could also see that behavior coming from scum who know their time is up/are getting bussed.

I do think Bugs is the more likely scum of the two, and my recent meta-dive reinforces this belief.
I feel like if Bugspray was scum, they could just claim something really powerful and they'd be safe for the rest of this game. What they claimed doesn't match that description.
In post 803, Frogsterking wrote:I'm willing to hammer Lunar, ORAM, and bugs today in that order of preference. I'd be pretty stunned if there isn't at least one scum in this group and not very stunned at all if there are three.

Nulls I have are Trendall and OutworldER.

I townread everyone else. If one of my townreads is wrong my first pick would be Amelie as a proxy read off Gamma's intuition and my second pick would be NPOM because of his profile. There is also a weak associative tell I pointed out between the ORAM slot and Momrangal.
I think I'm going to drop Frogsterking to a scum read. It feels to me like he is looking for the easy pushes.
In post 807, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 717, Amélie wrote:I feel like this is either a huge play style clash or you are scum. I hate nearly every post you post.
Curious why frogster didn’t address this when bringing up that point about emotion before
Btw I think part of the problem with your posts Amelie is you put your thoughts behind the spoiler= tag so it’s harder to engage with.
If I did not put them in spoilers, people might complain about their length.
In post 816, Gamma Emerald wrote:@NPOM and the other anti-s: still this personality stuff is bullshit?
I did not read that entire block of text. If Frogsterking can summarize it and make it shorter, I am willing to read it.
In post 824, Momrangal wrote:
In post 806, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 777, Amélie wrote:You recently said you reviewed my posting and thought me town. Then soon after I moved you to my scum reads and this post followed.
Can you talk to me about how you are thinking?
That isn’t an accurate representation of the timeline
I feel like it’s hard to parse out what factors into your reads so they come across as baseless and random

Amelie is a bit disorganized but, she posts stream of thought posts in the attempt or organize and communicate her thoughts and ideas which I maintain is difficult for newer scum to do. It looks like to me that her mind is moving much faster than she is able to get down on paper and it does show that she is trying to solve a puzzle vs trying to manipulate the situation to make it look like she is solving a puzzle.
I don't think scum defends me here and this is a very accusation representation of my play. I am very overwhelmed by the amount posted and am always catching up again and again. Momrangal moved back up to a townread.
In post 833, Gamma Emerald wrote:yeah that kinda seems to be the case imo as well
your breakdown of me v. Amelie and grednel v. Amelie really made that click I think. It also covered my question towards you before of you you weren't factoring in Amelie's own distaste for Grendel, fwiw
I thought you just called Frogsterkings personality tests bullshit.
In post 841, NoPowerOverMe wrote:VOTE: bugspray

I'm not entirely confident on this but I'm going with the consensus
This is the worst vote on bugspray so far. Im dropping this to null.

For now, since the deadline is coming up and no one particularly agrees with my reads, I will compromise and

VOTE: Lunar Martian
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Amélie »

Town: bugspray, Momrangal, ORAM
Null: OutWorldER, Lunar Martian, Trendall, Frogsterking, NoPowerOverMe, Galron
Scum: Gamma Emerald, Luca Blight, Lunar Martian, Grendel

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”