Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Umlaut »

o/

Probably going to sleep in a bit, I've only read this page but I'm assuming there's a reason we're talking about massclaiming on day 2?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 663, Bell wrote:VOTE: Dunstral

This doesn't have much to do with the mass claim versus not mass claim thing.

If town shot their shot. I would like to know who and why.
Reasoning for this? I know you said it isn't really about the mass claim but I think at first glance calling for it is a towny move, so you should have some reason for finding him scummy that overwhelms that.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 677, Tanner wrote:room temperature take: VOTE: johnnyfarrar

< insert disagreement about massclaiming today here >
VOTE: JohnnyFarrar

I can get behind this, his ISO is pretty much empty.

Can someone give me a synopsis of the important things that happened yesterday so I don't have to feel bad about not reading?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Umlaut »

I assumed he was talking about your case but I'm not sure it matches up with what you said about Akarin. But that said I don't see what you dislike about the votes on JF that isn't equally true of your vote on Akarin.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Umlaut »

And why were you/anyone voting Akarin yesterday?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 749, Tanner wrote:@umlaut, have you read *any* of the game? got any takes for us so far?
Haven't done any reading to speak of, no. I did take a quick look at your own ISO when I was sheeping your vote to make sure nothing screamed scummy to me, and saw a few posts I found towny in tone (, , ) and nothing that really pinged me, so I'm leaning town on you. My plan is to just read from the point where I subbed in and only go back if something catches my eye and I want to get more info about that. I've found that trying to just "read everything" really just doesn't work, I end up skimming and realizing at the end that I haven't really formed any impressions at all; whereas if I'm looking into something specific I end up reading more intently and actually getting something out of it.

Akarin's Gamma vote makes sense to me, I don't like how Gamma's explanation for voting him is basically "well _someone_ gave a reason for that wagon, as I recall" and it feels more like he's looking for a reason to be on not-the-leading-wagon.

In fact, it makes enough sense for me to
VOTE: Gamma Emerald
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I can't even think of a game where I was scum and you were town.
In post 763, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, Umlaut’s questions here remind me of a VERY common scum tactic where they try to fish out reasons to figure out the move to make. It’s not just a mafia tell, it also works well in Among Us. If someone acts “who are we voting” close to the end of a meeting, it’s likely they’re an impostor trying to figure out the best vote that they can push.
This analogy is pretty forced. Asking you to justify voting Akarin is completely different in both content and purpose from asking something like "so who are we voting" in general.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Umlaut »

@mod V/LA for weekend
, going to be mostly AFK
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Briefly looking in to respond to one thing
In post 811, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Hiraki what does town!Umlaut look like to you? I personally have a sorta-high bar for him based on recent experience, and his play so far isn’t hitting it.
This actually kind of makes sense given I had some pretty strong moments in our recent games, but lately I seem to habitually find it hard to effort as town when I'm just getting into a game and can take a game-day or more to really start playing actively. Did you not notice this in our games too?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1351 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Sorry for replacing out so quickly, folks, my available free time just took a major dive almost immediately after I joined and I realized I wasn't going to be able to give the game enough attention and also meet my other obligations. Gg town.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”