Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7350 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:53 am

Post by petapan »

In post 7347, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 7345, petapan wrote:thoroughly mediocre
perfect description of my town game I'm glad you've finally come around!
this is why i keep asking you stuff, trying to figure out how you think about things because i don't -really- have experience with you. so i have to consider whether this is simply a matter of playstyles clashing as the self-deprecating wounded pride stuff seems real enough to me, but every time you get pushed on things i feel you never really open up and understanding you is completely impossible for me
free crypto
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7351 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:03 am

Post by skitter30 »

@hp that was my second-best guess, but i honestly dont remember what tvt fights we've had in the past, so, uh, kinda confused abt what fights we've gotten into ...

If it helps, knowing your main coupled with knowing how little you effort as scum you're probably just town but i need to like reorient around that

Honestly dont know what u mean that I'm awful at reading you, youre a pretty easy read off of motivation and effort as best i can remember
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7352 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:04 am

Post by skitter30 »

Like i think historically that's how i read u and i remember being fairly accurate but whatever

Spiffeh i'll ger back to ur peta read later
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7353 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:06 am

Post by petapan »

what i'm seeing in this iso is that you'll make some reads, give a little bit of backing to them, but you look like you've been afraid to really push on anything, you joined the push on shelly after there was momentum on her and helped bury her, opened day 2 voting almost50 but doesn't feel like a vote with conviction, it's stuff like "bad iso with words without meaning", it's how i would talk as scum if i was trying to get a lurker chopped, and to an extent it feels like you're throwing that out there without really making an effort to be persuasive, it's just a thing that you're doing. when i ripped skitter i was similarly annoyed with her throwing out votes i felt were halfhearted but it felt consistent with a townie who has little conviction in their reads and i've played with her some so it felt in character. this feels like a read you claim to have conviction in but don't really assert much and it feels incongruous
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7354 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:09 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3154, Spiffeh wrote:Specifically his posts after acknowledging shelly's claim feel like he's coaxing the wagon along without having to commit any feelings toward it
In post 3155, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 2813, Almost50 wrote:OK, so let me ask the more experienced mods amongst you about this:

Cop/Tracker/Follower/Watcher/Voyeur/Motion Detector

How many of those would you include in a game like this?
Like this is a completely useless thing to ask because we don't know anything about the make-up of the scum team so it's fruitless to try and outguess what info roles town would have
this, in particular, is interesting to me because knowing what we now know, it doesn't feel like at all a fair justification for a scumread - i think this is exactly how a town-aligned tracker would respond to a claim like shelly's, with a role that not only is seemingly redundant to theirs but mimics its function exactly. i think it fits in with his play so far of trying to stay low key.
free crypto
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7355 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:14 am

Post by skitter30 »

Welp ok fine i forgot abt that one, and i didnt go that far back cuz you made it sound like it was more recently than that

But other than that i think i'm kinda on the money? Like your just read on motivation most of the time

Remind me what your read was on pk this game?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7356 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

*you're read on motivation

Like team mafia, alisae v titus (i think? Whichever of the vs. games you were scum in the one jingle modded), i picked scum!you in both of those p easily off of that metric
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7357 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:17 am

Post by skitter30 »

Bleh i need to reread your iso to see what your reads were and how they match with what i think they should be

But like probably town ig
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7358 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 6069, Hench Princesses wrote:Who else have you had a TvT fight with about your read accuracy?
i don't. the last guy was six months ago (which is why i thought it was him, because the timeline matched up), you were close to a year ago.

and i'm p sure i'm usually p accurate on you, i think the mbos was an outlier because as best as i can remember i usually have a p firm town/scum read on you off of that metric. i dont remember exactly what the mbos fight was abt either

like as soon i actually got around to reading your game in TM last year i had you pegged as scum early, and i spent forever tryng to get {well i'm not sure if you want me to be so precise as to narrow which game that was, so i'll just say 'my teammate'} to get you wagoned.

i need to rethink your a50 read too vis-a-vis myself.

ok back to work but i'll do this later
Show
Hiatus once more.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7359 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:28 am

Post by petapan »

but the thing about trying to ding a50 for his response to the claim is, well, look at spiffeh's trajectory there:

- early town read on shelly
- "I don't really get why shelly is being scum read" "posting was very stream-of-conscious which I think is hard for newer players to fake as scum"
- cites a string of posts as stream of cosnciousness
- wouldn't said shelly to the other thread if the plan is to turnstile scummy players
- attacks muffin for shading his read on shelly
- criticizes bell for not giving a reason why he's confident on shelly being scum
- "shelly could very well be scum, I just don't feel that way and apparently a lot of people disagree"
- asks shelly to explain her brian skies scum read
- says shelly is too low in unwnd's readslist
- "shelly just isn't DOIN IT for me" (in the context of who he should vote)
- votes shelly, "I know I said I was townreading her earlier get over it"
- gives a poe of {Pooky, Almost50, pisskop, shellyc, Hench Princesses}
- reads list with shelly as a scum lean, "I initially town read shellyc but p. much all my town reads are scum reading her and her naked vote on Pooky without even acknowledging her previous certainty that Bell was scum doesn't make any sense"
- "I think it's possible she realized her Bell push was being met with a lot of resistance and scum reads so she's lurking it out"
- "I think shelly's probably telling the truth about her role, but that doesn't really mean anything one way or the other in terms of her alignment"
- "She could literally be telling the complete truth about her role and still be scum"
- "The longer shelly remains absent after her claim the more I want her to die"
- "I'm fine with limming any of {shellyc, Almost50, Gypyx} today, in that order with strong preference to shellyc"

This, to me, is exactly what i would describe as someone looking to "coax the wagon along without having to commit any feelings toward it". sure he names her as a scum read, but there's not really a lot of substance to it, just saying he's following his townreads, then accusing her of lurking out and casting doubt on her claim when people were considering not eliminating her. i think him trying to put blame on a50 for his approach to the wgon when he behaved this way is hugely scummy.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7360 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:29 am

Post by petapan »

VOTE: LLD

down to a singular focus today
free crypto
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7361 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:40 am

Post by SirCakez »

Elimination Votecount 5.16

Petapan (4) - Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, skitter30, Almost50

PookyTheMagicalBear (3) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, LadyLambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

LadyLambdadelta (2) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

skitter30 (2) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Spiffeh (2) - Spiffeh, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Firebringer (2) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, Almost50

Almost50 (1) - Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

midwaybear (1) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Deacon Blues (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Dandelion Wine (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

(expired on 2021-01-16 22:32:00) remain until day end

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to reach a majority.
Spiffeh is V/LA through Friday.
Firebringer is V/LA through Saturday.

Spoiler: Turnstile
Turnstile Votecount 5.16

skitter30 (3) - Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear

Petapan (2) - Spiffeh, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Spiffeh (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Almost50 (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Deacon Blues (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Dandelion Wine (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

midwaybear (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Firebringer (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

LadyLambdadelta (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

PookyTheMagicalBear (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Spoiler: Purple Room
Purple Room Votecount 5.16

LadyLambdadelta (5) - Spiffeh, Petapan, midwaybear, Firebringer, skitter30

midwaybear (3) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, Almost50

Spiffeh (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Almost50 (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Petapan (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Firebringer (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

skitter30 (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

PookyTheMagicalBear (0) - Spiffeh, Petapan, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Firebringer, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50

Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7362 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:58 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 7287, Deacon Blues wrote:seriously, midway I had no idea you had a burning desire to visit the purple room. :/
I don't have a burning desire. I'd like to though. I'm ambivalent about LLD going.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7363 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:00 am

Post by petapan »

why is that?
free crypto
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7364 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:03 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm sorry, why on earth is peta the leading wagon
Show
Hiatus once more.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7365 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:06 am

Post by petapan »

the votes on me are LLD, spiffeh, pooky (all of whom i have consciously agitated) and firebringer, who townreads me but is sheeping LLD
free crypto
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7366 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:09 am

Post by midwaybear »

Because I don't townread her. What kind of answer were you expecting?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7367 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:12 am

Post by petapan »

i was just wondering if there was anything more to it, that's fine

i'm kind of w/e on the purple room in general

could i interest you in a spiffeh (un)vote
free crypto
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7368 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:22 am

Post by midwaybear »

UNVOTE: Spiffeh
Sure
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7369 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

is this another Great Pooky Escape
i'm basically at meh on spiffeh. he's not been particularly impressive or pinged me too much. don't know why a50 gets to just not play the game i guess.
i like my current vote of no one and am gonna keep it that way for the moment
-ceph
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7370 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Firebringer »

whats the great pooky escape
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7371 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

i mean his death felt like it was supposed to be a foregone conclusion yesterday and then sort of didn't happen and now it feels like it's not happening again
but i never read the part of the game where he apparently claimed scum so eh
-ceph
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7372 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:59 am

Post by petapan »

he called me a fucking idiot and made me feel bad
free crypto
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7373 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Thank you everyone for universally deciding I should be flipped the week I am V/LA because of work

midwaybear is probably scum for hopping on so easily and Bell looks atrocious cheering this on from the other thread
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7374 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Spiffeh »