mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1645, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1644, mastina wrote:Still doubt I wasted that half hour on it?
Are you challenging doubt on how much time you spent, or the idea you wasted your time? :lol:
Doubt on time spent.

When I say I spent that much time on it, I damn well spent that much time on it. Bell doubted that I spent half an hour doing what I claimed I did.

So I spent literally an hour retracing my steps and briefly showing my homework to prove how I did indeed spend that half hour doing exactly what I said I did.

I was searching through Nacho's game history looking for any instance of me having misread him, and that took half an hour for me to eventually, on page 1/4, give up on the effort. (Notably, I also left out Newbies as I'm pretty sure the only newbie with both me and Nacho in it was the game we met in where we were both scum.) Having gone back to the Tales of You period, and then some even further behind that game, I thought I had done a thorough enough job at confirming my suspicion of not having misread him when he was scum and I was town.

Anyone with an ADHD brain like mine can pretty much confirm that this sort of hyper-fixation on a task once the idea enters your mind to check, is something that happens all the time. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1213, mastina wrote:kookiemonster
Titus
Dunnstral
Bell

Sugar Cain
Battle Mage
Flea the Magician
Oil Tycoons

Firebringer (no clue where to place him honestly)
Guillotina
Gamma Emerald

(huge gap)

superbowl9
While not much has changed since here, I feel like this is probably more apt:
kookiemonster
Titus
Bell
Sugar Cain

Oil Tycoons

Dunnstral
Flea the Magician
Battle Mage

Guillotina
Gamma Emerald

(huge gap)

superbowl9

Locktown, strongly leaning town, weakly leaning town, no-clue, scum.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1324, superbowl9 wrote:I am in the game! Would you rather me spend an hour reading and giving like 1 comment or me spend an hour here talking about the game? ^that’s how i look at it
Read superb’s ISO and very little sticks out as scummy besides this. While he says this I don’t see him working to follow through on this mindset. I feel like I tend to suspect him unfairly a lot which makes me super-skeptical of my own suspicions on him, but I think this game he’s just been unremarkable, which might actually be a sign he’s scum
does this line up with anyone else’s superb SR or are they thinking something else?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1647, Bell wrote:
In post 1646, Sequence wrote:When I said mildly difficult to be believable I didn't mean you didn't do it. I meant I found it hard to believe it was coming from a town mindset.
It was, filler something to do other than hunt in the here and now.

I feel mildly guilty that my lack of clarity led to you efforting on something I didn't disbelieve in the first place.
Woops.

That was me.

@Mastina.
Oil Tycoons
Oil Tycoons
Mafia Scum
Oil Tycoons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by Oil Tycoons »

In post 1651, mastina wrote:superbowl9
Not really seeing this tbh. Convince me?
Fire is bad for business.
kookiemonster
kookiemonster
Goon
kookiemonster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by kookiemonster »

In post 1652, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1324, superbowl9 wrote:I am in the game! Would you rather me spend an hour reading and giving like 1 comment or me spend an hour here talking about the game? ^that’s how i look at it
Read superb’s ISO and very little sticks out as scummy besides this. While he says this I don’t see him working to follow through on this mindset. I feel like I tend to suspect him unfairly a lot which makes me super-skeptical of my own suspicions on him, but I think this game he’s just been unremarkable, which might actually be a sign he’s scum
does this line up with anyone else’s superb SR or are they thinking something else?
This kinda shit makes me want Gamma to win in the arena

-j
RM + Jungkook

"Fast and loose with this game
We float like a butterfly" - Mon
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Expect more like it soon probably
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Titus »

The one game I need to be superconfident about my scumread and nope...
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1648, Sugar Cain wrote:
In post 1623, Guillotina wrote:Nero has been pushing SB as scum and you guys nominated Gamma to go to the arena.
Aye he did, it was lost in the flurry of posts that I didn't respond to. The way SB positioned himself against us was shady as hell.

To answer your question though, the world of WIFOM. considering the fact that the votes don't lead to lynches right away we could be wrong in one of our pushes and
you could still be scum with our other pick.
Is it possible? Yes.
Is it probable? No.

Why would I push a scum buddy since early Day 1, drag him all the way to nomination phase and throw him into the arena, when I could easily do something else and avoid losing a partner? What you are implying here is that in your world, I'm scum playing against my wincon. I don't game-throw. (Ok... I have, Nero and Gamma know the story but I was arrogant and thought that FPSing would help town get the win but I promised I'd never FPS again until i knew the community more).
If you look into my ISO you will see that I picked up Gamma and Superbowl since early in the game and they instead of towning up, they have been performing unremarkably in relation to their town-play from other games.

I understand that SB is V/LA but the times he has posted here, he's posted scummy-fluffy shit. I honestly don't understand why Kookies townread him besides not wanting to do so because they have run him up in other games where he flipped town, if they got rid of that guilt and objectively read his posts and the intention behind those posts, they'd be voting him now. So I think that the reason the hydra is not voting is because I'm voting him and they dont wanna vote with me.
The question is how about everyone else? What are they seeing that I'm not?

It's not like I'm tunneling them either. I scum read Mastina slot (previously occupied by MWNN) and she came in all aggro on me and we thunderdomed and ever since, she's been towning up IMO. I'm aware that I'm new on this site and that she is a legendary player here and she could fool me, but I don't think that's the case here. Her posts are well elaborated (besides the piece of shit read-list part) and explained her points that from my opinion come from a town mindset (she is hesitant but so are we, otherwise there would be two players in the arena already). Bell says it cannot, I'm sure he knows Mastina more than I do, but skeptical me will only believe in my gut for now so I townread her. She and I also mindmeld on not being able to sort FB and scum reading SB, not to mention that she got Noraa (along with BlackMage) off my back for a bit allowing me to breath and enjoy the game with the limited time I have to play it, if she is scum, I'm hard pocketed.

I scum read Bell for something I interpreted as a pocket/buddy up attempt on Noraa and tunneled him for that for a while, but his interactions with others and the way he drives the thread does not feel it is ill intended. He scum hunts, asks informative questions and assists me in reading others while does not pressure me into town reading his town reads which I appreciate.

And then there are you guys. I scum read you too, partly because Nero didn't seem to be playing a town game the way I saw them play on L230, mainly the aggressive scumhunting part that I know him for, he pointed out that he indeed has, I admitted that I was wrong and backed off, but not to the point to call you town, you are still at the bottom but not the bottom where you are in danger of getting nominated to clash against Gamma in the arena.

If I had to decide now who goes against Gamma, it would be VOTE: Superbowl and unless something happens that motivates me to change my mind, I think I will park it.

Good night.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1654, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 1651, mastina wrote:superbowl9
Not really seeing this tbh. Convince me?
Okay so I went to do an iso of superbowl9 convinced I could do precisely that.

Except as it turned out, his iso is actually better than I thought. :oops:

Instead of me having a real case like I thought I did.

It actually turns out I don't really have a case, beyond, "this game probably has three scum in it and
someone
needs to be scum, and he's among the least town in the game". :?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1657, Titus wrote:The one game I need to be superconfident about my scumread and nope...
Mood. :P

This is literally a game where everyone has reason to be town. I can towncase every slot here.

But someone, probably three someones, needs to be scum so three of the players I can townread would, by necessity, not be town.

So when it comes down to it, it's the players that I am least-townreading that I want to nominate, because I don't really have scumreads here. :?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1651, mastina wrote:kookiemonster
Titus
Bell
Sugar Cain

Oil Tycoons

Dunnstral
Flea the Magician
Battle Mage

Guillotina
Gamma Emerald
superbowl9
This is where I'm at right now. I realize I only have four locktown, half as much as ideal, but in a game where everyone has reasons to be town, you by necessity need to have doubts on the reasons for those players to be town since there's, presumably, three who are not.

And I only have four players who I am confident are not, beyond any shadow of a doubt.

This is beyond that I think Noraa is capable of doing as scum.
I believe I know what Titus is doing and it is highly town--furthermore, she and I have a lot of read synergy, reasons overlap, and even mood overlap, with her and I both being in pretty similar mindsets here. All good signs pointing to her being town. I don't think it'd be possible for me to townread her more.
Bell is towning it up here in a way I fundamentally don't think he's capable of doing as scum. He's showing an active investment in solving, in reasoning, in logic, his pushes are from good spots, he's not doing nothing, he's radiating town energy.
Sugar Cain the more I see, the more sure I am that this is them as town.

Oil Tycoons I am not as sure as being town, but I am still liking what I am seeing more and more. The takes aren't impossible to come from scum, but the take just...looks like town. Not locktown town, but still town.

Yet that's only 5 town; I should have at least 8, ideally 10.

Dunnstral I quite liked as town, his thoughts were good, his content was good, but the drop in content is incredibly worrying.
Flea I love as town, but, 1: I admit bias here in liking Flea naturally, and 2: I'm not too familiar with Flea, having only seen faer scumgame once, so I can't tell what's faer scumplay and what's faer personality.

Battle Mage's pushes have felt like normal Battle Mage to me, with him raising surprisingly good points and I can see him genuinely thinking the things he does, and his Flea case does look TvT, but I know I can't read BM and if I were forced to choose between Flea/Oil/BM as having a scum in the three, I'd say BM was the most likely just because as much as he looks town, he doesn't look
as
town.

Firebringer's entertaining, but I don't know how to read him. He looks town, but I have no clue if he is or not.
Guillotina, the more I see, the more I like, but I have an utter unfamiliarity with the slot and I have no true frame of reference. I'm thinking Guillotina probably deserves to be higher, because I do see where Guillotina is coming from by and large and think it looks like coming from a town place more and more.

Gamma looked town, but doesn't radiate town in the way other slots do.
superbowl9, I was convinced was scum, but when doing an iso his iso was better than I thought...but while looking more town, his iso doesn't radiate town in the same way as other slots do.

So Gamma and superbowl9 are my best guesses for two of the scum in this game, and I'm hoping that on future days we can better hone in and refine on which of the townie-looking slots are actually town.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:45 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1649, mastina wrote:I mean if Firebringer actually had a role where he got benefit from being in the arena and winning the duel (which is a role I can see in the game), I feel like he'd just outright have said so, since the town would be willing to play along and believe him.
Yeah, I don't have a role that gives me any buffs for winning a duel.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:45 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1661, mastina wrote:Firebringer's entertaining, but I don't know how to read him. He looks town, but I have no clue if he is or not.
i feel like the first part of this sentence should spook me.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:48 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1643, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m not sure on you atp
I need to read before I can say who I want in the ring with me
What has changed between scumreading me to not being sure now. This wasn't that long ago u tried to get me into the ring.
Show

Oil Tycoons
Oil Tycoons
Mafia Scum
Oil Tycoons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:25 am

Post by Oil Tycoons »

In post 1661, mastina wrote:Dunnstral I quite liked as town, his thoughts were good, his content was good, but the drop in content is incredibly worrying.
Noraa has hydra slipped as much as Dunnstral has posted. What makes you think town?

VOTE: Dunnstral

I don't like the superbowl option mostly because I don't like voting for people who've been V/LA for the entire game Day. Has more than 3x Dunnstral's post count even with that.
Oil Tycoons
Oil Tycoons
Mafia Scum
Oil Tycoons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:26 am

Post by Oil Tycoons »

In post 1665, Oil Tycoons wrote:What makes you think town?
To be more clear, what content and thoughts specifically felt good to you?
Oil Tycoons
Oil Tycoons
Mafia Scum
Oil Tycoons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:27 am

Post by Oil Tycoons »

Could also get behind chucking Battle Mage in the ring, tbh.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:27 am

Post by Firebringer »

Oil Tycoons i feel insulted by ur signature. Why do u think fire is bad for business.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:27 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1667, Oil Tycoons wrote:Could also get behind chucking Battle Mage in the ring, tbh.
This is terrible. You should know battle mage is town
Show

kookiemonster
kookiemonster
Goon
kookiemonster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:40 am

Post by kookiemonster »

In post 1658, Guillotina wrote:I understand that SB is V/LA but the times he has posted here, he's posted scummy-fluffy shit. I honestly don't understand why Kookies townread him besides not wanting to do so because they have run him up in other games where he flipped town, if they got rid of that guilt and objectively read his posts and the intention behind those posts, they'd be voting him now. So I think that the reason the hydra is not voting is because I'm voting him and they dont wanna vote with me.
The question is how about everyone else? What are they seeing that I'm not?
He acts like this regardless of alignment

I don't even townread him, I'm just absolutely unwilling to lose another d1 to it. ESPECIALLY since he's been away. I'll fight on this.

-j
RM + Jungkook

"Fast and loose with this game
We float like a butterfly" - Mon
Sugar Cain
Sugar Cain
Goon
Sugar Cain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:28 am

Post by Sugar Cain »

nero head letting everyone know i'll be back tomorrow
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:45 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Hello! Pina colada is almost done
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:48 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1652, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I tried to discuss the game but all anyone wanted to do was tell me to read which is not happening
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:21 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 1650, mastina wrote:Anyone with an ADHD brain like mine can pretty much confirm that this sort of hyper-fixation on a task once the idea enters your mind to check, is something that happens all the time.
Can confirm. Its why i write my thought walls.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”