Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

No talking about replacement, that's against the rules.

No one has been an asshole to anyone.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Right, I forgot that Shelly was a cheater.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 798, Zaiden wrote:Literally, Hopkirk and Hectic just told me 'Do your regular thing you do in real life and other people should townread you pretty quickly' and vanished to focus on their respective games.
This is roughly what I was thinking of-- I figured they wouldn't throw you into this without some guidance of some kind. If you're having trouble figuring out how to get reads, you definitely should ask them. I doubt they were setting you up as a joke.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 811, Cheetory6 wrote:I can replace out if people think I'm actually being an asshole.
In all honesty, I'm glazing over your 1v1, but I don't think either of you are being particularly assholish by my standards. It just seems like a really boring fight that's not actually going to make either of you more solveable.

Might be worth it for both of you to disengage and look at other people. Maybe ignore each other until Wednesday?
This is a Parachute.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:27 pm

In post 823, midwaybear wrote:
In post 820, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but you really haven't done much to move the game forward recently besides asking Gamma the same question. I get that you want an answer from him, but it would be nice if you did other things as well.
Why did you choose to go after me in particular?
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Zaiden »

In post 639, midwaybear wrote:
In post 635, Zaiden wrote:everyone else going off vibes from prior experience/be able to tell what player based scum slips are
Who has been doing this? I might have missed this, but I haven’t really gotten the feeling that most people are using meta to scumread others.
Some reads don't make sense and when people don't bother explaining the only way to rationalise it in my mind is meta. So SFP full townreads SpringBreeze just because they feel like it and that's supposed to make total sense without any sort of justification? Wouldn't the gap in needing to explain anything therefore be meta? As for the lack of response over my queries on Pooky/SpringBreeze. Again, wouldn't the lack of any explaining anything be a gap that's filled in everyone else's mind by meta? Apparently Gamma was scumlean to some people because of being pedantic, which again sounds like a gap that's being filled with meta. Like why must being pedantic be a scum indicative thing? Because if you ask me, none of these responses (or the lack thereof) make any sense without using meta to explain why some players would hold a certain opinion. Because I'm being asked to take things at face value which I personally just can't take at face value in the absence of any actual explanation.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 829, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Why did you choose to go after me in particular?
Because I'm scared of Pooky

Your vote on Gamma wasn't great, and you were falling under the radar. Do you find me scummy for going after you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 811, Cheetory6 wrote:I can replace out if people think I'm actually being an asshole.
You're not being an asshole, and please don't talk about replacing out.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:30 pm

In post 830, Zaiden wrote:Wouldn't the gap in needing to explain anything therefore be meta?
It could be gut, faked townread, testing for a reaction, or something else. Meta doesn't have to be the first answer.
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by staypositivefriend »

In post 830, Zaiden wrote:
In post 639, midwaybear wrote:
In post 635, Zaiden wrote:everyone else going off vibes from prior experience/be able to tell what player based scum slips are
Who has been doing this? I might have missed this, but I haven’t really gotten the feeling that most people are using meta to scumread others.
Some reads don't make sense and when people don't bother explaining the only way to rationalise it in my mind is meta.
So SFP full townreads SpringBreeze just because they feel like it and that's supposed to make total sense without any sort of justification
? Wouldn't the gap in needing to explain anything therefore be meta? As for the lack of response over my queries on Pooky/SpringBreeze. Again, wouldn't the lack of any explaining anything be a gap that's filled in everyone else's mind by meta? Apparently Gamma was scumlean to some people because of being pedantic, which again sounds like a gap that's being filled with meta. Like why must being pedantic be a scum indicative thing? Because if you ask me, none of these responses (or the lack thereof) make any sense without using meta to explain why some players would hold a certain opinion. Because I'm being asked to take things at face value which I personally just can't take at face value in the absence of any actual explanation.
if the "SFP" in this post is referring to me, then i haven't outed a stance on springbreeze yet, and i also am not being purposefully coy with my reads. feel free to ask me for my stances on anyone here - i am an open book

and ftr, the reason i didn't respond to your inquiry about pooky earlier is because i have zero experience with how pooky plays as scum, and a question that specifically revolves around his meta isn't something i felt qualified to answer. it had nothing to do w/my choice to vote him last night either
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:33 pm

In post 831, midwaybear wrote:
In post 829, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Why did you choose to go after me in particular?
Because I'm scared of Pooky

Your vote on Gamma wasn't great, and you were falling under the radar. Do you find me scummy for going after you?
No, I don't.

Why wouldn't you choose to go after someone who's been a little less contentful (like Clidd/Morning Tweet, for example.)
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 830, Zaiden wrote:So SFP full townreads SpringBreeze just because they feel like it and that's supposed to make total sense without any sort of justification? Wouldn't the gap in needing to explain anything therefore be meta?
I'm going to assume you are talking about MariaR here. I think the way she presented the read leaves room for the method she used. Perhaps it was a meta read, but Maria could also have found some of Spring's posts townie independent of such. It's definitely understandable that Maria hiding the reasoning doesn't sit right.
In post 830, Zaiden wrote:As for the lack of response over my queries on Pooky/SpringBreeze. Again, wouldn't the lack of any explaining anything be a gap that's filled in everyone else's mind by meta?
Yeah, I explained the dynamic between them earlier. Take a look at . This is the one example of meta being used as a read that I will acknowledge.
In post 830, Zaiden wrote:Apparently Gamma was scumlean to some people because of being pedantic, which again sounds like a gap that's being filled with meta. Like why must being pedantic be a scum indicative thing?
Being pedantic isn't scum indicative. Jake's vote was not a good vote for that reason.
In post 830, Zaiden wrote:Because I'm being asked to take things at face value which I personally just can't take at face value in the absence of any actual explanation.
Yeah, so it seems that sometimes you interpret scumreads/townreads on others as meta when it isn't really. Earlier in this game, you talked about catching scum based on inconsistencies. Can you talk more on that?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 835, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Why wouldn't you choose to go after someone who's been a little less contentful (like Clidd/Morning Tweet, for example.)
If MT follows the same pattern as you, I will definitely go after her.
Now is there a reason your content level dropped off? You have been deflecting a bit for your past few posts.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:46 pm

In post 837, midwaybear wrote:
In post 835, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Why wouldn't you choose to go after someone who's been a little less contentful (like Clidd/Morning Tweet, for example.)
If MT follows the same pattern as you, I will definitely go after her.
Now is there a reason your content level dropped off? You have been deflecting a bit for your past few posts.
I am not aware of this.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:50 pm

Post by Jingle »

If you're looking for scum Noraa meta, Ari pointed me at MafiaSunny for a stronger game and Booneytoonz14 for a weaker game. I would pull up a link, but I'm being lazy atm.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Jingle »

I don't know how I feel about being left out of {lowpostingexamples} while you included someone who's not actually in this game.
This is a Parachute.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

He gave only one example; Clidd/Morning Tweet is the same slot
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by Jingle »

Shhh... I'm pointing out how half assed my content has been to see what happens.
This is a Parachute.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Oh shit sorry!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 840, Jingle wrote:
I don't know how I feel about being left out of {lowpostingexamples} while you included someone who's not actually in this game.
Yo this seems very LAMIST
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I already didn't like Jingles opening
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Nah, feels like LAMISS ;)
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Jingle »

Excellent. Talk about me more, Cakez. Your words give me power.
This is a Parachute.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 308, Jingle wrote:
In post 8, midwaybear wrote:BTW, the inventory mechanic has me suspecting that there is the possibility of power role distribution.
Town.
In post 46, Something_Smart wrote:Sources say that midway is very scummy.

I haven't read anything yet.
Gross
In post 76, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 75, midwaybear wrote:
In post 71, Something_Smart wrote:Your last post is somewhat towny though.
Why do you think that?

Votes on Cheetory right now seem forced
forced from who, specifically? that's some pretty broad shade to throw if you're not gonna name names
Town
In post 100, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 99, Noraa wrote:
In post 81, SirCakez wrote:Noraa you're scum aren't you?
Nope.
In post 113, Gamma Emerald wrote:
To start this game off, I would like to present:

The Basterdies!

An award granted to players who have moderated at least one game I feel like fits the soul of Basterd Modding! What that means is fair yet fun game design that messes with players' heads.
Our recipients are:

1. Gypyx: His normal moderation practices exhibit strong adherence to the idea of Basterd Modding (games awarded for: Mini 2180, Mini 2169)
  2. Flavor Leaf: on his account Boonskiies, he is a firm believer in the power of Basterd Modding, creating astonishingly creative and well-made theme games, generally staying normal-esque but sometimes breaking out of the normal-esque mold to create something truly wild! (games awarded for: Booneytoonz Extravaganza, Booneytoonz UPick: Boon There, Done That)
  3. Dr Easy Bake: Using the moderating account of The Baker, he even has his own brand of modding to himself called Baker-Level Bastard, he loves moderating impressively well-crafted large themes that encapsulate his interest as well as the spirit of Basterd Modding. (games awarded for: Redneck Mafia, Guitarists Mafia)
  4. Hectic:
  5. thestatusquo
  6. Cheetory6
  7. Jake the Wolfie
  8. almost50
  9. the worst
  10. Jingle
  11. Pine
  12. xRECKONERx
(I got sidetracked and decided I'd just rather post this in this state vs spend ?????? amount of time finshing it)
Trash tier. Both of those Gypyx games are Normals, and as such not not bastard at all. DEB should clearly have taken it, SirCakez, chk, and Ginngie didn't even make the list, and you didn't make a comprehensive list of all the Jester/Cult/Actually bastard games I've modded. Also, everybody knows Cheetory doesn't really exist and is just a puppet for the great and mighty Gork.
In post 139, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 138, staypositivefriend wrote:if i'm able to concentrate the momentum of the game onto a specific player early on, then it tells me a lot about both the dynamics of the game and the alignment of the player i'm pushing on.
Or it tells you how many people baa like a sheep.
I am your designated sheep captain, and all sheeps must answer to me.
In post 147, Gypyx wrote:hello, best town player of the earth here, let's catch some red PMs

Found one.
In post 174, Gypyx wrote:your head's all messed up then sir

and i think it's just gamma being gamma otherwise, now of course if he keeps thing that way i won't hesitate to hop on

pedit : what does pedantic mean?
pedantic: The quality of focusing on an insignificant detail to criticize the whole of an argument.
In post 218, Pink Ball wrote:Zaiden, you are funny. Very very funny
Wrong.
In post 230, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 164, Cheetory6 wrote: Jingle feels particularly difficult to read atm.
Look, I'm flattered and all, but could you please stop rubbing my face? It got awkward about ten minutes in.

VOTE: Gypyx

Srs Business.
I was keeping this in my pocket but this wall seems so fake
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

bump