TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #67 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 28, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: the worst
In post 29, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: ythan
Sup wit dis?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 70, Dannflor wrote:
In post 67, AGar wrote:
Sup wit dis?
changed my mind

decided I valued attempting to start a wagon more than voting ducky
In all of half a minute?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by AGar »

Obligatory "Fuck all y'all for a page an hour"
In post 84, Dannflor wrote:
In post 76, AGar wrote:
In post 67, AGar wrote:
Sup wit dis?
changed my mind

In all of half a minute?
yep
Aight den.
In post 81, Titus wrote:VOTE: Agar

If you think Dann's scummy, why aren't you voting him?
Ah, right, you're here to misinterpret every word I type. Cool cool cool.
In post 108, unwnd wrote:I dislike when people make statements like 'oh gosh why didn't X roll TOWN with me?' Such a presumptuous way to provide a read that usually just comes from scum
Wtf is this.

is a lot of words for "I want to fit in with the cool kids hyper spam crowd," without saying anything useful.

VOTE: Albert B. Rampage

We should do this. This would be a good idea. Would also consider Titus and unwnd but ABR is better.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 526, JacksonVirgo wrote:Why Agar, I just checked the last page and holy fuck it's either they slipped heavily or something happened haha
I dared call ABR scum, presumably. Otherwise I got to 8 votes because a bunch of people don't know what they're doing.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 510, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: AGar

i don't know if i'd have been bothered by this if unwnd didn't point it out but new york's hottest scumpost is 506. this post has everything:

-complaining about post count
-pointless filler that also randomly drops the only thing he's cared about thus far
-overreaction to titus
-useless nonanalysis on unwnd that turns into a suspicion for some reason
-a MYSTERY VOTE

ceph, i hate to ask, but what's a mystery vote
well seth, that's when you vote ABR without having ever mentioned him before anywhere in your iso for no apparent reason.
Hi scum!

I'll pull this apart, because you basically scum-claimed here:

- I 'complained' about post count, partially as a joke, and partially because I do it literally every game now once it hits a point of explosion because the site meta has shifted to pointless spam posting and I will old man at cloud this shit as much as I can.
- Dann's answer way back on Page 4 was not really of import at that point, but I felt it important to acknowledge it because it was the last thing I had commented on. He's acquitted himself relatively fine since then.
- No, my reaction to Titus was perfectly appropriate. I didn't realize Titus was on the playerlist during signups. I do not feel Titus takes a single thing I say in good faith and she proved that. I simply called that how I see it. That's called history. But jump to that defense there!
- Clearly I thought my apparently useless nonanalysis on unwnd was a little more meritous, hence the suspicion. Can you even keep up?
- My ISO was basically barren so literally any vote was going to be what you call a "MYSTERY VOTE" so you can just admit you've been waiting for me to post to set this one up and I'll say "it's ok, I'm sorry for your obvious scumplay."

The ABR vote and feelers were specifically to maybe hopefully coax something out of ABR considering he's been the quietest person in this thread wrt what is few posts actually say. I've literally never seen this from ABR and it's the antithesis to his bloated ego to sit back and let someone else dictate a gamestate.

Anyways, my policy is to vote scum when scum claims.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Cephrir

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by AGar »

Disengaging with Ceph for now because the rest of my team thinks I'm way off here, I'll give them some credence right now.

UNVOTE:

In post 580, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 548, AGar wrote:The ABR vote and feelers were specifically to maybe hopefully coax something out of ABR considering he's been the quietest person in this thread wrt what is few posts actually say.
I've learned how to play without taking over the game.
And I'm Dutch royalty.

@Titus
If you really think that was taking one of my *two* posts in good faith because I asked questions on page 2 and didn't vote in a fucking large, then I really can't help you any further.

In post 776, Cephrir wrote:kind of amazed agar just dipped after that one post who does that
I do not live for mafia - I enjoy it but I've got plenty of other shit I'm going to pay attention to. I'm not even saying this as a meta thing, but it takes literally like two minutes to check my game threads and see that I'm not someone who checks in every 30 minutes and I'm somewhat of an infrequent poster if you hadn't
already picked that up by my posting habits so far
In post 790, Titus wrote:Still waiting on Agar to respond to my question.
Nothing stopping you from literally posting about anything else that has happened in this game while you wait.

Splitting into a second post, much to my own self-loathing, plz hold.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by AGar »

Did a re-read of the entire game to flesh things out because I felt very very off, and as I read on, my reads just got more and more fucked.

Spoiler: Notes
Rereading from the start:
- Hercule early stuff feels a little tryhardish in retrospect?
- DGB's certainty/confidence feels unwarranted.
- worst early posting feels forced. idk. colored by the fact that his defense of me feels like an attempt to gain easy towncred. I like 138, I hate 141.
- A50's #102 and #105 read very nervous to me. 111 & 112 follow suit.
- dann 117 pings town for me.
- Dunn hopping onto IV after the worst/unwnd back and forth. This whole interaction stinks.
- dann 149 - paranoia. little townish. Wrong, but townish.
- dann 150 gets it. Does Titus respond?
- Oka's early game feels extremely brazen. I don't think scum would do this in a PL they're not familiar with as it's high risk play with little to no reward. They weren't getting any traction on anything, weren't getting recognized towncred. Just there.
- Hopkirk's #161 just feels aggravating and is the kind of thing that probably takes me off my balance. Prior posts were good but then this is just a pointless post, and he follows up by saying that it's pointless but deal with it. He's probably town, and I think I'm just prone to seeing shit like that as scumposting.
- Through 170, dunn seems to be the one I like best out of worst/unwnd/dunn trio.
- Slight weird voting trend onto worst that goes in the face of my reads but is worth noting. Could be nothing. Want to be able to come back to it later.
- Winter's entrance is very strong. Don't know how he arrives at some of those, but I know I like his later posting.
- Hopkirk/IV interactions are giving me townvibes on both. This is good.
- I just 100% disagree with unwnd in 243 & 256 and the soft implication that IV could be scum for what he is doing in those posts.
- Titus's posts here are weird in their straight ignorance of anything else related to the game. 260 is a useless complaint/performative "i'm doing stuff!". 262 is the worse of the two imo. Tries to tie it to something game related based on a read, slightly shades IV, then dips out using "well there can't be a hydra in this game, it's a normal" which is pretty easy scum not having to follow up on anything. 265 is just not necessary, again just boosting "hey look I'm trying to help." At this point, her one read (me) isn't posting, yet she's refusing to engage with anything else on more than a surface level. IV offers an answer to 262 in 264 and she ignores it. She has not responded to dann's 150 as of this point in time.
- 266 from unwnd gets thrown in the same bucket as 243 & 256.
- hercule 268 really trying hard to justify that Ythan SR. 283 also feelsbadman.
- Yeah this is where I'm full on scumreading unwnd. 291 is just... pointless?
- 295 is awkward.
- 321 stands out as a goodpost from unwnd, in contrast with literally everything else so far. Idk, the more I read this slot, the less I can make heads or tails of it. Fucking null for now I guess.
- 332 from DGB is very weird. I don't like hopkirk's busy work like the points spec either, but it's hard to call it game avoidance when hopkirk has been doing that stuff WHILE also engaging directly with the game.
- Yeah I'm pretty sure DGB tried to layer that one in there amidst other things. DGB's weird insistence on sticking with this line is very very scummy.
- 378... IV is town y'all.
- 405 is an admittedly good catch by Ceph.
- 414 is weird vibes from Ythan. First Ythan post I haven't liked tbh.
- 463 is off. Don't like it.
- I like Oka for town as the game has progressed.
I posted here. I was wagonned. The wagon, despite being on me, has made some sense based on my teammates sentiments. I actually think the comp is mostly town. I will prioritize Shea/Keely's read on Ceph over mine because they see objective thought processes and I clearly didn't but it's probably tinged by a strong bit of being at 8 votes.
- Xotxm in 521 is weird - "510 is an objectively good post" but no vote. Don't love that! Xtoxm has felt absent as fuck in this game.
- Winter on JV on page 22 is good. JV's response... not so much.
- Worst in 537 & 539 is weird. Didn't like it, nor did the team. Could be town, but feels very convenient for scum to say I'm town preempting the yeet to point back to.
- Not read related, but 542 is hilarious in the context of what's about to happen wrt my retort and ceph's response. Do you have a Patreon?
- Hey let's go back to Titus. 567 and 569 completely ignore literally everything that's happened since 267 when Titus last posted. 7 of Titus's 12 posts have centered around me. I've posted five times. Kinda weird, huh? Titus has focused on me and buddying up to ABR and that's almost entirely it.
- 578 is awkward from Hercule. Shea noted Hercule began at this point to post but completely avoid directly engaging with the most pressing thing in the thread and danced around it. Felt very weird to all of us how he did this.
- JV in 579 confirms my thoughts about the wagon being fairly town loaded. Feels very much like a scum player confident they can use a town flip to chain a couple yeets off of. 584 is a nothingburger trying to present itself as "I'm sorting!"
- 586 from Titus is weird. At no point did I suggest Titus and ABR in any connection. Very weird extrapolation to pull from any of my posts that I specifically wanted them to "turn on each other." I tried to get some votes on ABR, but didn't opine to Titus for those, and I strictly took one shot at Titus because of history. Again, never appealed to ABR to vote Titus (which would've been weird as I was voting him).
- A50 is weird and I can't get a handle on these posts. He feels very tunnel heavy in when he engages, like he gets blinders. Probably just null for now but the weirdness is a thing for sure!
- More skating from JV in 646-649.
- 667 is red flag. Completely off feel, but that is just a very scum type thing to say.
- Winter keying in again hard on people's thoughts of them. Seen this a couple times and don't love it. Overall towny, but less strong than other reads.
- 710 is yikes from hercule. Two of the people he was asked to read have ISOs that take 2 minutes to read, but he just pushed off giving reads on them with "I'll have to ISO them." Gave no original thought on Winter, passed the buck to teammates. went null on two others. Only two commitments he gave out of seven were a slight tr on worst with plenty of palm trees above it for that shade, and a tr on xtoxm that I literally cannot comprehend.
- C/P of my notes on 737 from earlier when I just read forward from my last post:
- A50's 737 is... I dunno. I don't like it, but I also just can't see the actual scum benefit to that, to put yourself under a microscope so willingly.
- 741 and 748 give me more of that tryhard vibe from Hercule.
- Trying to isolate myself out of 763. Outside of alignment, I generally feel like this is a push for urgency to yeet before the player can actually establish themselves. "Even if he flips town you have enough commitment represented by the votes." seems like the shit scum want to say to paper over a bad yeet. But I admit I'm biased, so I'm just gonna ask for a second set of eyes here.

Drawing out a few things. I have to unfortunately tie a lot of these to myself because, well, no one else has gotten the votes and is sitting at E-2, with someone else essentially saying I'm functionally at E-1.

Titus is almost certainly scum. Entire body of posting is just avoiding the actual game and clinging to hanging on to me, even though I've made next to no posts. Complete ignorance of almost everything else that has happened, aside from calling two posts town with zero elaboration. In the twelve posts there's some weirdness and a general lack of answers to "why would town do this?". From the notes:
Spoiler: Titus notes
- Titus's posts here are weird in their straight ignorance of anything else related to the game. 260 is a useless complaint/performative "i'm doing stuff!". 262 is the worse of the two imo. Tries to tie it to something game related based on a read, slightly shades IV, then dips out using "well there can't be a hydra in this game, it's a normal" which is pretty easy scum not having to follow up on anything. 265 is just not necessary, again just boosting "hey look I'm trying to help." At this point, her one read (me) isn't posting, yet she's refusing to engage with anything else on more than a surface level. IV offers an answer to 262 in 264 and she ignores it. She has not responded to dann's 150 as of this point in time.
- Hey let's go back to Titus. 567 and 569 completely ignore literally everything that's happened since 267 when Titus last posted. 7 of Titus's 12 posts have centered around me. I've posted five times. Kinda weird, huh? Titus has focused on me and buddying up to ABR and that's almost entirely it.
- 586 from Titus is weird. At no point did I suggest Titus and ABR in any connection. Very weird extrapolation to pull from any of my posts that I specifically wanted them to "turn on each other." I tried to get some votes on ABR, but didn't opine to Titus for those, and I strictly took one shot at Titus because of history. Again, never appealed to ABR to vote Titus (which would've been weird as I was voting him).

DGB is playing with an unusual confidence and some very weird pings. This read kind of works out to gut to some extent, but here's the notes.
Spoiler: DGB notes
- DGB's certainty/confidence feels unwarranted.
- 332 from DGB is very weird. I don't like hopkirk's busy work like the points spec either, but it's hard to call it game avoidance when hopkirk has been doing that stuff WHILE also engaging directly with the game.
- Yeah I'm pretty sure DGB tried to layer that one in there amidst other things. DGB's weird insistence on sticking with this line is very very scummy.
- 667 is red flag. Completely off feel, but that is just a very scum type thing to say.

To lesser scum leaning reads:
- JV has been doing some weird avoidance, dancing around and picking and choosing spots to engage. Has some ticks like that basically confirm my thought that the wagon that erupted on me was largely town. Giving deference to shea/keely thinking I'm way off on Ceph. 579 felt like TMI and trying to set up a couple of yeets off of the back of my death.
- Hercule has this weird tryhard vibe going. He completely ignored the wagon on me for like... 200 posts, even as it was at the forefront of the game, but when pressed for a read on that largest wagon, he couldn't be fucked to read my 5 post ISO? First read on him leaned town off of some early stuff, but re-reading and later posting have killed that.
- Xtoxm's short ISO, I don't know how anyone is getting town vibes from it. 521 was weird in calling Ceph's vote and explanation on me as "objectively good" but neither voting me nor commenting on the wagon/my post itself, nor even mentioning me. More null than scum but don't love the slot and very confused by people calling the slot town.
- Concerned about worst's stance wrt me, feels very off and weird and like trying to get that credit. Not TMIing, but also don't love the vibe. Could be paranoia, but mild scumlean.

Can someone else read 763 and tell me if it feels bad? I cannot separate my thoughts from the fact that I feel I would in fact be a bad yeet because I'm town and I have given very little to work with post-flip up until these last two posts. I go back and forth on unwnd in general because the early push on IV felt contrived and very much trying to shut a town player down from doing something to get them townread, but later posting was fine and consistent. Binning them as null right now because I can't get a handle on the slot, even with a read, an ISO dive, and a re-read.

IV is probtown, many posts showing the thought process and direct engagement.
Hopkirk is probtown. Felt opposite early, but engagement with IV was good, and realizing that while I hate posts like , he was still directly engaging with the thread and honestly I think that's just probably me being a grumpass to hate posts like that.
Winter is slight-town. Seen stuff I like wrt interactions and posting. Slight insistence on focusing on other people's read of him which feels weird to me, but it's not domineering and it's not enough for me to move the slot out of general town range.
ABR's later posting has acquitted him well. Mea culpa on that one, didn't like his early game posting (or, more accurately, lack thereof). Apparently this is a true change of heart from how he behaves, so I'm liking the minimalistic engagements we've gotten since I voted.
Oka is also probtown. Early game felt bold in a "there's a lot of risk for scum here and no actual reward," and later posting has matured well.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by AGar »

VOTE: Titus

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 853, the worst wrote:
In post 842, AGar wrote:VOTE: Titus
this is gonna be a super wild question given I'm never going to read your long post in full but why did you wait until after you'd posted it to vote Titus? lol
Honestly just forgot.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 857, the worst wrote:you decided Titus was scum and posted a lengthy indignant argument to that effect but forgot to vote her?
I have been looking at this game for the better part of the last 4 hours, first reading from my last post forward, then an iso dive, then realizing I had no grasp on this game and re-reading from the very beginning because I needed a reset. Yes, I forgot to actually place the vote in the post, because my brain is mashed potatoes at this point. Would love to see your spin on this. Keely has chimed in that he thinks it's baffling you're making a big deal out of such a nothingburger.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 862, innocentvillager wrote:agar, to be fair, worsty's reaction to your lack of vote reminds me of this
In post 76, AGar wrote:
In post 67, AGar wrote:
Sup wit dis?
changed my mind

In all of half a minute?
How so? They are completely different situations.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 870, Almost50 wrote:
In post 865, OkaPoka wrote:am i antagonizing you a50? if so im sorry
When you say it's strange of me to ask for teammates reads on me in TEAM MAFIA then I guess the answer is yes, it's frustrating. The whole tournament is based on a team to be playing the games the members are involved in. It's the only event where you can actually talk about an ongoing game to someone who is not playing in it (in your team PT/discord). How can you even tell if <insert name> is posting their own thoughts and not channeling their teammate's thoughts?

My request is simple: My ISO isn't even that big -at least not yet- so ask Pooky, Nancy & DkK to take a look at it and give you a preliminary read to convey to me and that would be it. Thank you
Hey so why'd you leave me off that list? You @'d every other player in the game for reads from their teammates and gave some specific delineations. Wanna expand on the omission?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 878, Almost50 wrote:@ABR: Thank you :]

FWIW, my reads are volatile and keep changing rapidly, so I will provide a preliminary read list (or something that resembles one) once I've decided on a number of slots So far I only have 2 solid TRs

@Oka: I said there was a
reason
for me to ask. And yes, I feel that I gave been very transparently town indeed, but only those who know me well enough will be able to realize it. There is also a reason why I am playing like this, but that's another story.
Whew boy this post
stinks
In post 890, Cephrir wrote:yeah reading titus up to this point leaves me pretty unimpressed but i don't feel the need to vote it right this second
Mmk. So what do you make of her ISO is actively just avoiding addressing
literally anything
that has occurred outside of me. I feel like you can muster up more than "unimpressed".

I am once again disagreeing vehemently with an unwnd post. (Source: )

On that track, would love it if someone would maybe help me out here:
In post 840, AGar wrote:Can someone else read 763 and tell me if it feels bad? I cannot separate my thoughts from the fact that I feel I would in fact be a bad yeet because I'm town and I have given very little to work with post-flip up until these last two posts. I go back and forth on unwnd in general because the early push on IV felt contrived and very much trying to shut a town player down from doing something to get them townread, but later posting was fine and consistent. Binning them as null right now because I can't get a handle on the slot, even with a read, an ISO dive, and a re-read.

I can fuck with the part of JV's about Hercule.
In post 1008, Xtoxm wrote:i didn't vote you (or anyone) yet because its an approach i decided to take this game.
That was a bad decision if you ask me.

@Jackson
Do you anticipate being caught up to Page 40 before we reach Page 90?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:23 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1029, the worst wrote:
In post 1019, AGar wrote:I am once again disagreeing vehemently with an unwnd post. (Source: 918)
and?
It's almost like I've said I'm trying to parse out a read on unwnd because I'm struggling there so I'm noting things.
In post 1036, OkaPoka wrote:gamestate/sanity check

for 42 pages, wagon movement has been awfully slow hasn't it?
Yep.
In post 1054, innocentvillager wrote:he's not explicitly suggesting the wagon should/can get quickhammered and I don't think people would do that so early in a more serious game like TM, he's just saying the wagon is good. if you think he's indirectly suggesting you "could" be flipped soon (or cementing that you should be the eventual flip today) and that would be fine then... maybe in isolation that's +scum agenda-y? i think i might see why you're apprehensive about it but to me it leans NAI for the most part.
I appreciate this.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:18 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1060, unwnd wrote:AGar, talk to me in real time. I'm not as disagreeable as you perceive and I don't want to just condemn your slot if the disconnect is based on misunderstanding
I honestly think we just have very different perspectives on the game and how it should be approached. I doubt it's a realtime thing so much as a "I strongly disagree with how you go about the game" thing.

@Titus
Keely would like to point out that you made a big deal out of wanting an answer from me to your question though now that an answer has been provided you don't actually seem to care about that answer. Shea suggests you look at the multiple breakdowns from players in the game that have found me to be town if you are having that hard of a time comprehending people finding me to be town. Suggests Hercule as a recent example who went through ISOs.

@Almost50
Reck's read of you is "ok boomer."
Shea finds you mostly null, has some things he likes (juxtaposition of 109 and 112 to him lean town), things he doesn't like (primarily the continued insistence we all ask our teammates about you specifically).
Nothing from Keely.

from Titus is the kind of shit that we love to see from scum. It's truly fantastic in how wrong it is and how much it shows a predetermined focus on a yeet. Love it. Her catchup spam (ironic considering she called out folks for multiposting earlier and then suddenly vomits a dozen posts in an hour or so) is the kind of empty shit that trapped scum puts out to not give off too many associatives while they're under the microscope and limit damage.

DGB's posting is still scum.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1129, Almost50 wrote:@AGar: How's THAT for a "stinking" post/response?
I think you missed why that post stunk.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1361 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:58 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1176, the worst wrote:more immediately, agar - what is DGB doing as scum?
I did qualify this in that some of this is gut driven, but DGB came out of the gate with a confidence that pinged as off. DGB's reads have been mostly of the blasé unimpeachable variety, but I felt that the read on Hopkirk in was trying to slip one by and put feelers out based on distorting the facts. The denial of noticing ABR in felt cagey and weirdly unnecessary to say "I barely noticed them" rather than attempting to coalition with a player that DGB wasn't actively scumreading. Townblocking and townhunting is fine and the hot new rage, but the absolute scarcity of engagement with anyone that DGB hasn't townblocked is concerning, and a naked readslist seems useless and actively trying to pass off as doing something in a format where you have teammates. Zero attempts to engage with the current wagon, zero attempts to parse other spots for pressure, and zero attempts to parse out the burgeoning null-list that is growing. As far as I'll dive into meta is I know DGB plays an, um, unconventional game. But this stinks of scum.

Worst and Oka have thoroughly picked apart Xtoxm's (and Auro's, I guess) logic wrt Titus so I'll just say I support the things they questioned.
In post 1246, unwnd wrote:VOTE: Hopkirk

You guys don't know it yet, but this has been scum all along
Quoi?
In post 1250, unwnd wrote:Maybe it's my own impatience but I've mulling over my vote on AGar and came to my own conclusion he isn't going to respond.
Honestly I feel like we've just been talking past each other and talking more vague than specifics. If you have a succinct question I missed, I'll try and answer but I do think we just have fundamental differences on how we think town should play. Like, was "talk to me in real time" which 1) is super vague and 2) is really tough for me to be like "ok yes" because I do very much check a thread, post, and usually go do something else. That's just my life at this point. got a little closer in terms of more specific points, but "I'm open to criticism/complaints" is pretty vague when my problem boils down to "We just play differently." I don't think it's bad, and I'm coming around to a more reasonable read just from reading with that perspective. But I don't have a criticism of your playstyle, if that makes sense. It's just hard for me to put my brain into at this point.

Whew Hopkirk's back and forth with unwnd this afternoon was surprisingly terse.

@Hopkirk
What specifically about the interactions between ("townread him before. probably still do.") and (unwnd not on your list of townreads) moved unwnd in your reads? Feels very much like some blinders are on, to be honest.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1368 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1363, OkaPoka wrote:what were agar and unwnd disagreeing about anyways? id think they'd get along

agar is very reminiscent of a bygone era of ms.net players that unwnd likes (i think)
It centered around IV and IV's behavior early on, for the most part.

Also, you can just call me a boomer instead of hiding it.
In post 840, AGar wrote:He completely ignored the wagon on me for like... 200 posts, even as it was at the forefront of the game, but when pressed for a read on that largest wagon, he couldn't be fucked to read my 5 post ISO?
@Hercule
Can you elaborate on this tidbit for me? It was noticed by myself and my team that you just happily plugged along while I was being run up and didn't even make a sound about it in one direction or the other. Hopkirk asked in among other people and your response was basically that you needed to ISO me, and then didn't get any attention on that until after I had posted my large spew later on.
In post 1364, Hopkirk wrote:@Agar - i didn't put him in my townblock because i want to reviewhim so probably town. this thing today is weird and shook my confidence in a slot i liked until now. i realize i'll probably like it again when i'm not as mad at him in a couple of days
Gotcha. Appreciate the awareness.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1387 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1373, hercule wrote:I think I did elaborate on it twice but yeah in an 18 person game I don't feel the need to chime in on everything, and the bw on you was interesting to me but I didn't feel the need to discuss it, just let it run its course and see if anything shakes out, and if there's something interesting to me I will comment on it. It would have been highly surprising to me if people actually even put you at, say, L-2, at that point in the day. When I gave the snap reads to Hopkirk I didn't realize how small your ISO was, I was mainly just trying to answer each question off-the-cuff. I only dug into Titus' ISO because I realized I didn't remember a single thing they had said or done. Sorry if my attention to your slot was lacking at that point lmao it's a big ass game you're just gonna have to deal with it
I mean, it was *the* thing happening in the game.

And I was put at E-2 *twice*.

Like this is just wildly off kilter for someone who is seemingly trying to be very engaged.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1444 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1388, DrippingGoofball wrote:AGar, you didn't think I'd let that fabricated-by-scum case on me slide, did you???
I'm amazed you chose to engage me at all based on how you've been playing this game. No one south of your townlist gets attention. I feel special.

@Hercule, re :
Alright. Meh, but alright.

Re: DGB,
: Confidence wasn't just limited to RVS. You haven't given any reads that impress me, sorry. The fact that you brought up Hopkirk posting "game avoidance" despite a mountain of evidence to the otherwise nullified your point and was a sketch as hell mistruth to bring into things. Your limited interactions are a red flag because you show no attempt to actually sort the people in the null bin, specifically. That you've refused to engage with scumreads is just another fact that I noted, and I can't help that you were extremely blatant with your selective engagement. The naked readlist wasn't a crux, was just an observation that in kind with everything else, it stinks. Your votes have been mostly lifeless, you haven't tried to rally the troops or even mention those folks, and you haven't tried to sort out any of your nulls. Can't help that the facts are the facts.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1586 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:24 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1446, DrippingGoofball wrote:Yeah AGar... You don't even think I'm scum, most of what you said isn't alignment indicative for anyone.
What can I say but lol. You're flailing here.
In post 1567, the worst wrote:re agar I felt...slightly towny? at the time. the wagon felt uncomfortably fast given agar was actually doing content.
Uhhh this is patently false?

Also did you actually read the chunk I wrote about DGB or did you just ask for the sake of asking and I wasted some time throwing that out there?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:24 am

Post by AGar »

EBWOP: The patently false part was "agar was actually doing content."

I was very much not really doing content when I was run up.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1735 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1590, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1586, AGar wrote:What can I say but lol. You're flailing here.
FWIW I wouldn't mind a more serious response to her rebuttal because I'm too lazy to study the conversation and figure out who's right
I don't have a "more serious response" because her rebuttal is that "oh you don't actually believe this" and "oh you could apply this to multiple people." My points are in . Nothing DGB has done has convinced me those points were wrong.
In post 1596, Albert B. Rampage wrote:*snip* I feel like scum have been controlling the game state and keeping us from consolidating. *snip*
I'm interested in an elaboration on this theory.

In post 1631, Hopkirk wrote:to clarify, which of this is the bit that's the reason for not liking DGB? obviously you're saying a lot of things that you don't really like, but i'm not sure if you're pointing specifically to one or two of them as very specifically the scum indicative ones? could you make it a little clearer for me pls
Top 2 were 1) the contrived bit on you about game avoidance and then doubling down and 2) the scarcity of engagement with anyone that wasn't in DGB's townlist. Other matters are more supporting. Also the quoted post is more of a response - more elaborated reasoning is in .

In post 1632, the worst wrote:
In post 1587, AGar wrote:EBWOP: The patently false part was "agar was actually doing content."

I was very much not really doing content when I was run up.
you had like three or four posts and I thought they were fine / even towny? given how early in the game it was that definitely constitutes doing content relative to us who just shitpost and yell about nothing for the first few pages.

this is a really absurd thing to nitpick, what do you think of literally anything else happening?
Because it feels like you're letting slip information inadvertently. The delivery of your opposition to my wagon was... of the questionable variety where I was paranoid you were scum calling a surefire yeet town preemptively and Shea felt you might be trying to pocket me and to be wary.

I am also still wondering if you actually read or if you just asked for me to post about DGB to appear like you gave a shit.

re: other things, I don't like the xtoxm wagon's composition and how it's happened. Hopkirk/unwnd has helped me get a better handle on both players and I would like to yeet neither of them right now, and I'm townleaning unwnd after getting a better idea of his thought processes. But I'm also nitpicking because I'm specifically trying to suss out your alignment because I feel that's fairly pressing to me at this point.

Folks,,,

Once you're aware of your own meta, that meta becomes garbo and this is why meta is trash. Stop pointing out that you're playing to your town meta as proof that you're town. TIA.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

In post 1666, innocentvillager wrote:hot take Hopkirk v unwnd is SvS
Spicy. Go on...

In post 1682, Dannflor wrote:I have a post to post before the day ends
haaaate this.

I do not understand the wagon on xtoxm nor how it has come about. Could've missed reasoning, but don't think I have? Composition feels like it sucks, would need a VC to confirm but I've seen some names I don't like on it.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1754 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1745, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1735, AGar wrote:I'm interested in an elaboration on this theory.
I feel like there's scum in DGB/the worst. Nobody's interested in bandwagonning them.
May I present to you .

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1857 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1833, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1829, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1735, AGar wrote: I do not understand the wagon on xtoxm nor how it has come about. Could've missed reasoning, but don't think I have? Composition feels like it sucks, would need a VC to confirm but I've seen some names I don't like on it.
This got ignored at the time but should get an explanation
again the xtoxm wagon is purely because xtoxm

1) had a townread on titus for townreading iv for scumreading her
2) but this reasoning was demonstrably false because titus had townread iv before iv scumread her
3) and xtoxm rather than backing up, doubled down on a faulty premise and also included auro backing himself up

so the argument is xtoxm and auro have decided that they want to townread titus (don't know why) and invented a reason as to why.

me n the worst are voting xtoxm presumably for this reason because it was us two who were quesitoning xtoxm. hercule mentioned xtoxm was in the lhf null scum poe. idk for others.
Appreciate this explanation.
In post 1834, Dunnstral wrote:It should get an explanation from AGar, I mean.
The part where I didn't understand the wagon's reasoning or the part where I didn't like how it was getting there?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1870 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1858, Dunnstral wrote:I was going for: What are the names you don't like on it and why
Absolutely don't like DGB or Titus. I think those are self explanatory.

Hercule and the worst are slots that I don't love. At best, I cannot get a good handle on them. I have reasons of being hesitant about both based on engagement.

I'm fine with you, Oka, and to a lesser extent Cephrir. I liked the reasoning Oka gave in theory.

But the fact that it's just casually meandered up to 7, and with this composition, I'm uneasy about it.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2030 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by AGar »

The progression from to to where we are now has given me whiplash.

Also it's nice to see that Mastina just came into this game with preconceived reads and is looking for what she can stick to them as she combs forward.

P-Edit: I TYPED TWO FUCKING SENTENCES AND YOU FUCKS PUT IN SIX POSTS IN MY P-EDIT WHAT THE GODDAMN FUCK Y'ALL.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2032 (isolation #27) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2031, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Xtoxm at l-1 with intent to hammer, im just gonna call out the chances of him flipping town are much higher than the worst / oka / ceph vote block seem to think
Oh c'mon, you're better than this.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2212 (isolation #28) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by AGar »

This is me, pointing out that mastina has read the first 14 pages, then turboskipped to engaging with the current events of the thread starting with page 76, is wholly uninformed on huge chunks of the gamestate, and yet is handing out "locktown-townblock" and "lockscum" reads while continuing to engage in the ongoing discussion in a central way, thereby centering herself in the discussion, generating more conversation and current discussion to get into (which right now is arguing in circles because it's more convenient to deliberately get into a shitspat with Oka) and further delaying her actually going back, continuing to get caught up, and rounding out her reads. After replacing into a JV slot that disengaged in what was an almost deliberate manner, reread Pages 1-10 like three fucking times and kept giving reads on those on page like fucking 50, and was generally shifty and dodgy.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mastina
In post 2201, mastina wrote:
In post 858, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: Titus fine with this
Like, IV voted Titus here, in 858.
Titus townread IV in 1079.

Xtoxm said that he townreads Titus for townreading IV for scumreading Titus--which...Titus did, and IV did, exactly the way Xtoxm described.
If you had read up, you would understand that Titus wasn't caught up on the game at that point in time, and was giving out a read without that information. Oka has explained this to you. But it's more convenient for your "reads" to continue to engage in a bad faith argument and intentionally misunderstand what Oka is saying than to go back and read up.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2217 (isolation #29) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by AGar »

Oka do you feel like mastina is engaging you in good faith?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2222 (isolation #30) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2219, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 2217, AGar wrote:Oka do you feel like mastina is engaging you in good faith?
no but that's not AI for her
Let's ignore meta because meta is trash.

Do you see no benefit to scum using bad faith arguments as a stalling tactic to avoid having to read back on the thread to gain context which could shatter their "reads"?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2232 (isolation #31) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2225, OkaPoka wrote:mastina is scumsiding by cluttering the thread with takes that aren't aligned with reality yes it's beneficial for scum but also it doesn't mean she's scum

Y'know what?

I'm just gonna go raid and play WoW because I can't get anywhere with this fucking game and it's pissing me off.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2379 (isolation #32) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:54 am

Post by AGar »

In post 2253, Winter Flakes wrote:tbh i haven't paid attention to you, titus, AGar or Xtoxm this game.
3 of those 4 players have had a wagon gain at least a modicum of traction on them. Odd choice.

is so self-charitable it should be a fucking tax writeoff.
In post 2299, OkaPoka wrote:mastina actually could be scum because usually she's frustrating in "productive" manners in the sense that she's trying to run someone up while doing so

this one could just be a game where mastina is literally trying to blow this game up and make problems appear
*whistles*
In post 2320, Winter Flakes wrote:
In post 2310, OkaPoka wrote:how does everyone feel on winter flake btw? i want to kill that slot a lot too
"hey guys i'm not sure how this slot is perceived and i dont wanna push him myself buuuuuut if i can get support and not get solely blamed for when he flips green, i'd really appreciate it."

ok BUDDY
oh c'mon this is weak as shit.
In post 2326, Cephrir wrote:the omgus quotient is getting a bit high here my man
Let it be known I got in on this shit first.
In post 2356, Almost50 wrote:WHAT?? Don't tell me you are not familiar with mastina play. If anything this is TOWN!her trying. Scum!her
would
have buried herself in the past and probably never getting to the meantime.
Meta is trash. Stop giving scum an excuse.
In post 2357, Almost50 wrote:You did me a favour (explaining my gibberish typing to Titus) so I'm going to try and return the favour: mastina is saying what Titus said can be translated into {I am aware if the fact IV voted me, but I have not read the posts between here and where he actually did", which is a valid interpretation if you ask me.
If you find the interpretation being proffered by mastina valid, why did you not voice this until it was said by mastina?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2481 (isolation #33) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:20 am

Post by AGar »

In post 2475, Hopkirk wrote:maybe it's because i didn't read the entire post, but this felt commentary and idk why that makes Mastina scum?
Come again?

Getting really miffed at people going "I didn't read AGar's whole post but what does AGar's post mean?"

Like, since I'm specifically focusing on Hopkirk, were you not just saying earlier that "everything you post is for a reason?" Do you not think everything I post serves a fucking purpose? At least show some basic fucking respect and actually read my fucking posts or don't fucking engage. Jesus christ, this game has been infuriating and half of it is because I feel like I'm screaming into the void because I don't take 3 sentences and turn them into seventeen god damn fucking posts. I've made my points - I feel they're salient. I haven't been fucking challenged on them or pushed in any legitimate manner outside of DGB's engagement because everyone just keeps qualifying their response with "I didn't read AGar's entire post." READ THE ENTIRE FUCKING POST. I'm putting reads out there and every time I'm asked to clarify or expand it's SOMETHING I ALREADY FUCKING SAID but y'all are too lazy to read one paragraph. It's not like I'm fucking wallposting.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2501 (isolation #34) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:35 am

Post by AGar »

In post 2485, Hopkirk wrote:i said 'everything i post is for a reason' in an exaggerated manner then made a post immediately afterwards saying 'a good reason' as a joke that the second post wasn't being made with a good reason. that one may not have landed, but not all my jokes do. some of them just become satellites

based on my general tone, from what you've observed this game do you think i hadn't actually read your entire post, or was i saying i hadn't in a somewhat jokey way while having read the post- wanting to see how you took the comment?
Homie if your jokes continue to not land you should stop making them.
In post 2493, Hopkirk wrote:Herc/Agar/WF would any of you put your vote down on one of the other people in that group of 3?
At this juncture, no.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2803 (isolation #35) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:00 pm

Post by AGar »

is scum just faking astonishment that any of the three wagons didn't go through and faking misery, followed by a pivot to a "wagon" with no traction in despite lamenting that we had "lost traction." Traction would probably be gained from actually maybe putting a genuine effort in to put forward authentic reads and some reasoning, but scum don't have to do that in this game because we've had 3 largely pointless wagons. And then we bounce off again in . Noting that I'm just going to laugh at everyone when Titus flips scum because I've been saying it and shouting into the void.

is big if true. (as of it's true).

Shea and I have been discussing that ABR is almost certainly town. Shea's point is specifically that ABR's frustrated response to the formation and dissipation of wagons has a significantly high chance of being town and between he and I we agree there's no scum benefit to ABR objecting in the manner he did.

could replace Hopkirk with like... 85% of this playerlist.
In post 2555, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2379, AGar wrote:If you find the interpretation being proffered by mastina valid, why did you not voice this until it was said by mastina?
It is not my job to explain Titus' behaviour/statements. She is well capable of doing that herself.

I only explained what mastina was saying to Oka because he asked for help.
So my thing is that the entire xtoxm wagon sprung up based on the interpretation that Oka had that mastina was arguing against. So you just decided to keep your mouth shut about it? Or did you not read it that way?

is a weird post when you're staring down the barrel of a flash wagon unless you're informed that that flash wagon isn't actually going to push through. Suuuure makes you think.

There is a time where I would have audibly laughed at for all of it's glorious irony. Today though, I just nodded.

is a pretty bad post. Whew doggie.
In post 2617, the worst wrote:who's still vanity wagon or voting lurkers? they need to shift to their votes to high scum equity players
Buzzword density exceeded. "High scum equity players" fucking lol, what is that even supposed to mean, the reads you made up?

Ah good, mastina is back and we're getting pointless bullshit to clutter up the thread for no good reason and reads still absent context for the next however long. Love when scum do this and no one who is presently in the thread calls it out so they get away with this horseshit.

is tech talking "fake reads"
In post 2663, mastina wrote:AGar is getting away with hardcore lurking and y'all should be ashamed for it given his pop-ins are blatantly scum.
"hardcore lurking" fuck off. Sorry I won't fucking nolife this game.
In post 2669, OkaPoka wrote:plus we end day early and we give mastina 2 days of interrupted catching up
I'll tell you right now that ain't gonna happen.
In post 2699, Dannflor wrote:imagine a world where we quick elimmed agar
Would've saved my blood pressure and not wasted a fuckton of my time with the idea that anyone is gonna read my fucking posts, so I wish you had.

Sidebar: Suuuuuper fucking cool to see a skittle who can't keep site policy straight and keeps using a word that mods were asked to remove from their vocabulary. Suuuuuper fucking cool.

In post 2703, Dannflor wrote:can we get a vibe check
Dann, Imma let you in on a secret: Any time you ask this, you are assuredly going to get 3 positive answers to shift and then you're gonna have a wagon. Just fucking vote if you feel it.
In post 2723, the worst wrote:agar? a little yeah, he has that "not angry just disappointed" energy which makes me not want to cross him
If this is the energy you're honestly getting, then you are way off on reading me because this game has me incensed and at rage levels I haven't felt since 2016.
In post 2733, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2731, mastina wrote:
In post 2703, Dannflor wrote:can we get a vibe check
Consider this to be that:
VOTE: AGar.
since you suspect that slot you may enjoy 510 and 561
:roll:
In post 2740, mastina wrote:
In post 2713, DrippingGoofball wrote:Today's posts are a vast improvement <3
There's no change tho--I'm still presenting the exact same reads I was yesterday including defending the same people and scumreading the same people. I've had one read change overnight (Winter Flakes), and that's it. It's the same reads and the same presentation and the exact same lack of 60 posts' worth of info.
The mastina bus to Day 2 is now boarding. Last call for passengers.
In post 2745, OkaPoka wrote:i have convinced myself flipping agar isnt too bad because if he's scum then at least mastina should be locktown and not needing to sort mastina can simplify so much
You are going to be so disappointed.
In post 2773, Dunnstral wrote:I'm not though (low activity)
Didn't you get the memo - if you aren't a hyperposter who's here seven times a day, you're low activity.

Once more for posterity:

We should be yeeting within {Titus/DGB/mastina/the_worst} today, but we won't because the town wants to make it's life harder.

I have mixed emotions on xtoxm who could very well be scum but wagon interactions don't make me feel comfortable unless there are at least 2 other scum on the wagon. Wagon analysis after a few flips will tell whether this holds.

My secret gut paranoid read is that Dann is scum but that is entirely and purely a gut read with no basis to back it up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We absolutely should not be yeeting {IV/Dunn/ABR/Hopkirk}. I throw Oka into that, but we have disputes within our team and varying levels of confidence as to who the worst player on our team is when it comes to that one, currently an ouroboros of passing the buck to someone else "being better." I'll say it with my chest that Oka is town. Fuck it. Bold of me, I know.

I've come around on Ceph, unwnd, and Winter Flakes but someone's probably snowing me in that trio. WF > Unwnd > Ceph in confidence levels.

I've gone back and forth on {Hercule/A50}. I currently don't feel either of them is all that bad, but have had moments I didn't like so they can be "null" for all I care.

I have never been able to read Ythan's brain and I'm not going to pretend I'm gonna start for the first time in 12 years just to get yeeted in the next 24 hours.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2804 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:00 pm

Post by AGar »

Fuck it, it's a wall and I don't care right now.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2836 (isolation #37) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:19 am

Post by AGar »

In post 2807, Cephrir wrote:What are you so mad about, agar? Just not being listened to about titus?
Legitimate question: Have you actually been reading my posts? Because I have [Rob Lowe voice]literally[/Rob Lowe voice] explained this before. I'm screaming into the void about everything since I re-read it feels like. It isn't until I get run up and then scream and then the pressure dies down that anyone pays attention, and that feels scummy that the pressure dies down as soon as my effort is perceived as a response. The first wagon I at least understood. My own team called me out that I basically deserved that wagon. This one? It felt like it was just a swing and then as soon as I post a raging post which I feel like has been the same tone that anyone goes "oh wow, AGar posted." I've been hammering since mastina replaced in that they're approaching the game in a scummy way. I posted essentially the same DGB case two or three times before I started just linking back to the first, because people keep asking. I screamed into the void about Titus and only like... half the playerlist bothered to engage. It's not like people are even saying "well this read is bad and I disagree" it's just straight up being ignored so I can't even fucking engage to see if I'm wrong in my thought processes or people are being shady about it. So I'm just mad and salty about this fucking game in general and half of it is my fault because my playstyle just doesn't fucking "vibe" here.
In post 2808, Dannflor wrote:can you elaborate on the worst scum read?
I'll pull it together and organize. It's evolved and it's one of the reads I haven't explicitly detailed and we've been discussing it in discord, so I need to pull the links.
In post 2824, Hopkirk wrote:Agar feels tonally off. I'll aim to reread him today.
Homie you've been more or less saying you should do this for a couple of days now. Shit or get off the pot.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2837 (isolation #38) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:21 am

Post by AGar »

In post 2830, DrippingGoofball wrote:Hey AGar.

I'm vibin' - you vibin'?

VOTE: Titus
I think mastina is legitimately more dangerous to the town since her behavior is so obviously scummy D1 and she can't chalk it up to/isn't trying to pass it off as "well my scumhunting relies on VCA so without flips I'm a little hamstrung" and the town is still buying into her bullshit and lapping it up as town.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2860 (isolation #39) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:38 am

Post by AGar »

@Dann

From the earlier notes:
Spoiler: [post=#12522269]840[/post]

- worst early posting feels forced. idk. colored by the fact that his defense of me feels like an attempt to gain easy towncred. I like 138, I hate 141.
- Dunn hopping onto IV after the worst/unwnd back and forth. This whole interaction stinks.
- Worst in 537 & 539 is weird. Didn't like it, nor did the team. Could be town, but feels very convenient for scum to say I'm town preempting the yeet to point back to.
- Concerned about worst's stance wrt me, feels very off and weird and like trying to get that credit. Not TMIing, but also don't love the vibe. Could be paranoia, but mild scumlean.

I generally don't like when folks openly put reads together off of incomplete information and insist on current engagement. It gives them the appearance of engaging, while allowing deeply flawed reads that get picked at so they are capable of amending them and then everything they read is soaked in confirmation bias at best. At worst, it gives scum cover to manipulate their reads to appear to be contributing while also making safe reads that keep their asses out of the jackpot.

The biggest shift for me was that post was straight up TMIing. He had to go back and justify a town read and he slipped - when I was run up I wasn't "doing content", I had like 5 posts. 2 were at you in the early phase, then there was my post that got me run up, a snarky reply about "I dared vote for ABR" and then my spat with Ceph. When I called him out on it, he handwaved it off that I was "nitpicking." ()

Smaller things that have bugged me and added to my suspicion:

He started oddly picking on the split vote post in and felt the need to draw out a wild nothingburger over a few posts for... reasons? He kept trying to engage it after I admitted I just had fried brains and it felt very much forced and more of "oh look at me engaging!"

We've got him asking for an elaboration on a read in and then I give it in and then... silence. Why even ask if you have no intention of engaging/acknowledging?

Given the wagons of me (twice)/ABR/xtoxm (twice): I'm town. I feel very strongly that ABR is town. I am leaning scum on xtoxm but that's contingent on other flips. His reaction: weak/awkward calling mine town, and then on all of the rest. I've pointed out that xtoxm's response in earlier felt awfully sure of themselves for someone sitting at E-2 and that had been threatened to eat a hammer unless you knew you had scumbuddies on the wagon who were going to pull the ripcord in order to make sure you didn't die. Worst was on that wagon and then pulled the ripcord 40 posts later.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2981 (isolation #40) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2864, OkaPoka wrote:just a pro tip to make your posts more readable @agar, use quote tags instead of post tags so we dont have to click around (especially helpful when mobile viewing the game)
Not my style to quote stripe to be honest. I'll try evenutally.

Btw, Oka, and are in direct conflict with one another.
In post 2886, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2803, AGar wrote:So my thing is that the entire xtoxm wagon sprung up based on the interpretation that Oka had that mastina was arguing against. So you just decided to keep your mouth shut about it? Or did you not read it that way?
?? I'm in a bit of a loss. What does Xtoxm has to do with an argument about Titus between Oka and mastina?????
You're joking, right? The core of the wagon growing on Xtoxm centers around an interpretation of Titus's post supposedly made by Xtoxm being defended by mastina, very much opposite of how Oka (and others) interpreted that post, to the point of most suspecting Xtoxm making up a TR of Titus.
In post 2898, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2839, Xtoxm wrote: ythan - he had one post that pinged me
"You are not authorized to read this topic"

This was probably approved by the rest of his team before-hand.
FWIW, I think I noticed an issue with the [ post ] tags earlier in this game but chugged ahead anyways. I don't remember where but I'm pretty sure one of mine directed to another thread.

would be brilliant if no one was paying attention because it pegs Cephrir against a wall regarding a leading wagon except that the IV wagon never had a chance of taking off and no wagon on D1 outside of myself, Xtoxm, ABR, and to a lesser extent, Titus, has taken off. Portraying IV as ever being in danger or a legitimate bad wagon is bad faith to the nth power.

In post 2929, Cephrir wrote:is there more to this later or is the argument just "and nothing since has improved it"
Nothing since has improved, mostly. She's taken a backseat, still held to her belief that I'm scum despite admitting in a post that she needed to look over some posts because "that many people [townreading AGar] can't be wrong" and then never following up on that that I saw. She's skated by on a lot of soft shit and trying to buddy up to mastina since her entrance.

I need a different mindset than the one I'm in right now to respond to , one where I haven't had some drinks. I disagree with a lot of it and the characterizations by the worst, but of course I do because they don't strike me as good faith.

is so hilariously bad. So so bad. Like just stop. Just. Stop. Yet, is worse.

Mastina's insistence on defending the xtoxm slot - even though she says it's not worth it and despite saying she's no longer defending him in a post where she challenges the very idea of yeeting him - is enough for me to finally be fucking over this.

I need a votecount to be sure, but consider this intent to vote and potentially hammer if he's close enough. No one's going to fucking take to yeeting the actual scumbag who's derailing the town here, so let's take to yeeting her pet.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2983 (isolation #41) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2982, OkaPoka wrote:okay i havent read the entire wall yet agar but the reason why i wanted just another day is mathblade replaced into our team which means another pair of eyes to look you know?

Fair but also this game is just hitting a point of being fucking untenable for Day 1. I appreciate wanting your new teammate involved but I think it's a greater detriment to the town to extend for a player who isn't in the game at this point.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2984 (isolation #42) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by AGar »

Like I am legitimately fucking exhausted with this game Oka. I seriously wish to some extend y'all had speed yeeted me 70 fucking pages ago.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3086 (isolation #43) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:15 am

Post by AGar »

In post 3000, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2981, AGar wrote:FWIW, I think I noticed an issue with the [ post ] tags earlier in this game but chugged ahead anyways. I don't remember where but I'm pretty sure one of mine directed to another thread.
Yeah I saw that but it wasn't a slip

You used the tags wrong so you went to post # whatever of all time made on the site, you'll notice it was like a 2006 post
The point is I just do [ post ] # [ / post ] and it did that. I know the forum changes the formatting after you hit preview or submit but the way it did that. 728 is an actual post from Ythan. I think the tag actually just glitched.

is hoooorseshit.

Ythan and Oka was painful.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: xtoxm

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3165 (isolation #44) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by AGar »

Flonk if you don't believe Xtoxm's claim.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3172 (isolation #45) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 3088, Dannflor wrote:
In post 3086, AGar wrote:3079 is hoooorseshit.
why?
Sorry, skimmed past this.

Xtoxm is just straight up abdicating responsibility for this game and letting Auro pilot them now? There's enough meta folks in this game to where that strategy actively subverts how they sort players, and continues a pattern of Xtoxm specifically trying to subvert them (as you pointed out when you discussed the slot with mastina and xtoxm coming in and saying they were trying out a new playstyle). It's also just more filtering down xtoxm's actual thoughts to make them more palatable/less able to be pinned down because we're getting Auro's thoughts, not Xtoxm's and we're getting very little first/honest reactions. We haven't seen any original thought from the slot in a while now, just filtering through what the rest of the teammates have to say.

P-Edit:
@ABR
I wanna keep pressing this for a bit. *shrug*

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3183 (isolation #46) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 3180, the worst wrote:it felt like, extremely natural to us
Very very weird thing to say.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3185 (isolation #47) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 3184, OkaPoka wrote:if we aren't yeeting xtoxm today we are yeeting xtoxm never until lylo just want to make that clear
What why

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3189 (isolation #48) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 3186, the worst wrote:
In post 3183, AGar wrote:
In post 3180, the worst wrote:it felt like, extremely natural to us
Very very weird thing to say.
honestly your entire iso is stilted reaching nonsense so pot/kettle

can you stop calling every second thing i say "weird"? lol
If I said "I find X that I did very natural" wouldn't that ping you as a weird thing?

Like I'd be concerned/no one is going to admit "I found this thing I did unnatural".

So why qualify it that way?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3191 (isolation #49) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 3190, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3185, AGar wrote:
In post 3184, OkaPoka wrote:if we aren't yeeting xtoxm today we are yeeting xtoxm never until lylo just want to make that clear
What why
you just have to play it this way barring someone guiltying xtoxm or equivalent
... No?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3203 (isolation #50) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 3194, the worst wrote:i do things i find unnatural all the time

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3287 (isolation #51) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:27 pm

Post by AGar »

Let me hammer this drum yet again because y'all are fucking ignoring the obvious:
In post 3225, mastina wrote:
In post 3116, Xtoxm wrote:he's also telling me to claim; we are a tracker.
This is sadly nai--when I came in and did setup spec, I was expecting scum to have [partial redaction on setup spec], with a fairly weak investigative. I was guessing [redacted due to setup spec], but tracker would be loosely comparable to [redacted guess] in power for the scum.
This serves
zero
purpose but to create hot air in the thread and go "look at me! Look at how smart I am!" It doesn't actually assist in solving, it doesn't actually sort anything. It just makes it look like mastina is doing something despite the fact that she is still actively not doing that and just making shit up to cover for her shitty made up reads.

Yeet mastina or yeet Xtoxm, Day 1.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3288 (isolation #52) » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 3286, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: ythan
What purpose does running yet another player up serve aside from further muddying the waters of any info that could be gleaned post-flip since now the wagons have all already lost a significant chunk of their value because they're just being pushed around willy nilly?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3316 (isolation #53) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:53 am

Post by AGar »

In post 3315, Dannflor wrote:How exactly does me voting someone else muddy the waters? Why have the wagons lost a significant chunk of their value? What gives you the impression slots are getting pushed “willy nilly?”
As you've voted, there's generally been a swath of players that have followed you. So analyzing the wagons that have been run up has been really diluted because guess what - it's the same 3 to 4 people at the core of the wagon, every single time, with little to no assertion or follow through. The incessant shifting of the wagons has felt trite and farcical at this point. If you actually intend on running Ythan to a yeet, then whatever, but this feels like just another point where a wagon is going to erupt to 8 votes, steam out, and go nowhere and we get nothing from it.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”