SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 229, Syryana wrote:
Albert B. Rampage has been replaced due to a sitewide ban. Please welcome unwnd!
Hi unwnd!
In post 248, RLotus wrote:Mush, whemestar, and STT
Why STT?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 274, Netflix and Chill wrote:What would flipping Norfolk clear up lotus?

@Cakez you can save three people who and why
Do I have to answer
I don't really have a good one nobody seems that townie so far this game
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 274, Netflix and Chill wrote:What would flipping Norfolk clear up lotus?
There has been a lot of conversation around Norfolk so seeing his alignment would help solve
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I can say Id be a fan of Norfolk, STT or NM being shot
Maybe Imperium but we'll see
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 22, Rockhopper wrote:
In post 20, WhemeStar wrote:shoot norfolk
yeah
In post 190, Rockhopper wrote:Liking MUSH, RLotus and Dunnstral so far.
In post 191, Rockhopper wrote:VOTE: ScrewTheTells
VOTE: Norfolk boy
VOTE: Not_Mafia
VOTE: SirCakez

Probably two scum in there
Also not a fan of this ISO
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 275, SirCakez wrote:Why STT?
his analysis of the game seemed to come from a town prespective
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 273, Imperium wrote:I keep forgetting about The Godfather (yes, syryana I read the setup and listened to you when you talked about The Godfather). I thought he was referring to the nightkill which shouldn’t be him since he’d be the gun bearer, but I understand!

And unwind you read fast!
I admit a lot of it was skim, but this helps me actually because I've trained myself to just skim until something glaring pops out to me

Saves trouble, I don't get people who think a wall needs to be read word for word, just pick out what you like
Stop
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum

MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

It's easier for me to pick a specific shot I'd take than three to save, currently. If I had to pick three -- unwnd, Wheme, ugggggggghhhhhhh I don't know maaaaybe RLotus but I'm really straining hard to select that third one and there's like 3 players basically in equal contention for it.

Meanwhile, there's exactly and precisely one shot I'd take. But I'll keep that out of sight unless you actually want it.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm town
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by unwnd »

I think Norfolk is a good slank shot, I don't think he'd be a clint eastwood with the gun but if he's town at least you would force scum to commit elsewhere, because right now he's just such an easy read to make. Did I hesitate a bit when I read him in that sense? Maybe, but if he's scum he's just gonna keep acting like this anyways
Stop
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 271, RLotus wrote:I think finding out Norfolk's allignment would help quite a bit
BAD POST
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Sir cakez why do you not like rockhopper's iso when you agree with his scum reads???
Im a dog that quacks
Netflix and Chill
Netflix and Chill
Goon
Netflix and Chill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Netflix and Chill »

Why lotus musha? Who were the other two?
notscience and Brian Skies
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Imperium »

I asked you that question cakez because I wanted to see how much you had thought about that and Norfolk’s early posts, and what your explanation would be. And I thought your saying that Norfolk was basically aying that Netflix was the one with the gun so he didn’t have to scumhunt was odd. It felt in a similar vein to the way you pushed battle mage in xeno, and I wanted to see if your explanation felt similar.

I also asked because it doesn’t really look all that lamist to me, but it did feel like something easy to jump on. So sure, he can be scum, but does scum come out in their first two posts and say don’t shoot me when scum are the ones that really really don’t want to be shot? My neejerk is that scum don’t want to stand out like that right away, so it didn’t look lamist to me at all.

The “I’m glad I didn’t get the gun” might give off a sense of nervousness like he’d be evaluated on why he didn’t get the gun, but I’m not sure why he would worry about it really in this playerlist.

I mean in any case he’s either nervous scum or nervous town, and I thought it was odd that everyone just kinda landed on obvious nervous scum, so there’s either people looking for an easy push or there are bussers about.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 288, Imperium wrote:I mean in any case he’s either nervous scum or nervous town, and I thought it was odd that everyone just kinda landed on obvious nervous scum, so there’s either people looking for an easy push or there are bussers about.
exactly
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum

MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

RLotus is what you might call a "nullnullnulltown" for me. I disagree with a lot of the thought process I see, and I can see scum pushing for those conclusions -- it's just ever so slightly easier to see town doing it. Flip-side, I dislike the reads so much I feel like if he's town, he's going to be a bad slot with the gun.

The other two potentials for Lifeboat Seat no. 3 are Not_Mafia and Dunnstral.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 281, unwnd wrote:
In post 273, Imperium wrote:I keep forgetting about The Godfather (yes, syryana I read the setup and listened to you when you talked about The Godfather). I thought he was referring to the nightkill which shouldn’t be him since he’d be the gun bearer, but I understand!

And unwind you read fast!
I admit a lot of it was skim, but this helps me actually because I've trained myself to just skim until something glaring pops out to me

Saves trouble, I don't get people who think a wall needs to be read word for word, just pick out what you like
I’m a slow reader and slow skimmer. I used to try to read every word, but now I skim because mafia is a hobby not my life.

I’m just always in awe of people who can read fast.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 286, WhemeStar wrote:Sir cakez why do you not like rockhopper's iso when you agree with his scum reads???
The posts just feel really easy. Idk he also is probably LHF.
In post 288, Imperium wrote:I asked you that question cakez because I wanted to see how much you had thought about that and Norfolk’s early posts, and what your explanation would be. And I thought your saying that Norfolk was basically aying that Netflix was the one with the gun so he didn’t have to scumhunt was odd. It felt in a similar vein to the way you pushed battle mage in xeno, and I wanted to see if your explanation felt similar.

I also asked because it doesn’t really look all that lamist to me, but it did feel like something easy to jump on. So sure, he can be scum, but does scum come out in their first two posts and say don’t shoot me when scum are the ones that really really don’t want to be shot? My neejerk is that scum don’t want to stand out like that right away, so it didn’t look lamist to me at all.

The “I’m glad I didn’t get the gun” might give off a sense of nervousness like he’d be evaluated on why he didn’t get the gun, but I’m not sure why he would worry about it really in this playerlist.

I mean in any case he’s either nervous scum or nervous town, and I thought it was odd that everyone just kinda landed on obvious nervous scum, so there’s either people looking for an easy push or there are bussers about.
You can disagree but you're shading me pretty heavily here.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by Imperium »

I am scumhunting you yes cakes and I suspect your approach to Norfolk.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 288, Imperium wrote:I mean in any case he’s either nervous scum or nervous town, and I thought it was odd that everyone just kinda landed on obvious nervous scum, so there’s either people looking for an easy push or there are bussers about.
I mean without fully repeating myself

If he's scum then this is just his MO. You can't expect anything else out of him. He's a good shot to where you either start opening up the idea of bussing or he's a townie who becomes worse (no offense) later down the line

If I think about gamestate I'd actually say he makes the best shot reading back my own thoughts lol
Stop
ScrewTheTells
ScrewTheTells
Goon
ScrewTheTells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by ScrewTheTells »

Re: 3 players to save? I don't think anyone is so likely to be town that I'd care about saving, lol. MUSH and Norfolk are most likely to be scum at this point. If you shoot someone other than those two, I'd say they're all interchangeable pretty much.

A bit of playstyle meta self-commentary:

So it looks like I'm gonna be posting less frequently relative to a bunch of players here. Some people asked why I seemed to be explaining my every thought in my last post and well, this is why. First of all that's just my style. Second, I realize that because I'm posting only about once or twice a day, and this game seems to be moving very fast, so I better make sure I say everything I wanna say. I'm not gonna be around to give people the info in piecemeal. Third, this is a hydra of a scummer and a newbie to Mafiascum (but not deduction games in general). We had the idea of playing together so I could introduce the new-head to this place and its meta. As a consequence we're only posting at the slowest rate that our slowest head is comfortable with; It wouldn't make sense for one of us to go ahead and play without asking the other what their thoughts are.

And now back to non-meta object-level content:

SirCakez, Dunnstral, MUSH and Norfolk all said my last post was bothering them for one reason or another. For SirCakez: fair enough, I don't blame him for not knowing why I post in that style (but now you know why!)

For Dunnstral: Why was it a "dig"? I genuinely want to know why some players said they had a town read, because I don't have that read. Why do you think I was digging at you?

MUSH: I don't get it, we both write walls, so you think my walls are suspicious even though you also explain your actions in no fewer words? This inconsistency is scummy.

Norfolk: Well I'm happy with what I said last time. It's been like a day and your scum hunting initiative has gotten no better. You can't blame it on timezone now.

In my experience, scum-hunting effort is the best indicator for alignment. It's not the only thing, and it can be faked, but it is a costly thing to fake. It's bayesian evidence and it works well.

On the other hand, MUSH's scumhunting effort is also convincing at face value, but this is overshadowed by the actual logic of some of what he has said, which I don't think is very town-like logic, which makes me think he's just good at faking effort.
Netflix and Chill
Netflix and Chill
Goon
Netflix and Chill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by Netflix and Chill »

In post 97, Imperium wrote:Lol wheme gets it!
What was the reasoning behind this statement?
notscience and Brian Skies
Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by Duchess »

In post 159, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 155, Duchess wrote:UNVOTE: RLotus

VOTE: Whemestar
How do you agree with someone who isn’t voting me and hasn’t called me scum and then vote me?
Sorry, what are you asking me?
Gotta frown at some of this stuff
They say that new Duchess don't sound hungry enough
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 294, unwnd wrote:
I mean without fully repeating myself

If he's scum then this is just his MO. You can't expect anything else out of him. He's a good shot to where you either start opening up the idea of bussing or he's a townie who becomes worse (no offense) later down the line

If I think about gamestate I'd actually say he makes the best shot reading back my own thoughts lol
You’ve played with him before, are you saying he’ll never do anything?

I mean the game is just under 48 hours in and what ten pages. I don’t get the POV you’re holding.

Quite frankly if he’s town I don’t want him shot because he doesn’t want the pressure, and in one of his newbies he stated not really liking scum or power roles, so the pressure thing is real regardless of his alignment, and if he’s town we lose Netflix who I want around longer.
Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Duchess »

In post 160, Norfolk Boy1 wrote:I'm not digging ScrewTheTells jumping in and claiming it's suspicious that i'm not posting when it's Sunday night in the UK.

Anyone suggesting a committee or that votes should decide the shot is a scum candidate for me.

The only confirmed town is Netflix, so Netflix should decide.
Who do you see making that suggestion? Who do you think is scum?
Gotta frown at some of this stuff
They say that new Duchess don't sound hungry enough

Return to “Completed Open Games”