Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 460, SirCakez wrote:You never did actually call him town directly yes that's my point
The impression of anyone reading that wall without context would be that you townread the slot
Because why would you go so out of your way to defend someone who is null?
The purpose of the wall was to attack the reads on him. We're going out of our way to attack the reads on him because we believe that we will be able to get better reads on the people pushing him (and maybe we will see something in Norfolk as a result).

The side effect of that attack is that Norfolk gets some protection from us but that doesn't mean we think he's town and it doesn't mean that defense was the main purpose of our posting.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 461, SirCakez wrote:That wall is a giant fencesit basically if you're not committing to call Norfolk town
That wall isn't a read on Norfolk. It is outlining issues with the people pushing him. If you think it's a read on Norfolk then you'll be sorely disappointed on the lack of conclusions in that wall. If you read the wall you would have realized this.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 466, SirCakez wrote:That's like saying "I don't understand townreads on Joe Schmo"
And then later going "Actually by the way I'm not declaring a read on Joe Schmo at all."

It doesn't connect logically.
Not understanding a townread on someone means you aren't townreading them.

It doesn't mean you are scumreading them. It means that you aren't townreading them.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by unwnd »

I don't think that everyone believes you're defending Norfolk Imperium

At least, I didn't get that observation. The way I see this argument right now is kinda Cakez insinuating behavior through the lense of 'oh, you're just excusing yourself and in turn this is scummy', meanwhile, you think Cakez is badfaithing you on the notion of not being able to see that you're not trying to make an excuse.

It's a very roundabout argument between the two of you where nobody wins
Stop
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 472, SirCakez wrote:Then that logically implies you believe the opposite thing.

Like that's not a crazy connection to make????
It wouldn't be a crazy connection to make of three possibilities didn't exist. But null reads do exist.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 503, unwnd wrote:I don't think that everyone believes you're defending Norfolk Imperium

At least, I didn't get that observation. The way I see this argument right now is kinda Cakez insinuating behavior through the lense of 'oh, you're just excusing yourself and in turn this is scummy', meanwhile, you think Cakez is badfaithing you on the notion of not being able to see that you're not trying to make an excuse.

It's a very roundabout argument between the two of you where nobody wins
I wrote my clarification post because last night dunn claimed rabid defense, and then today tell's guy claimed it was defense and something when I clarified to dunn that I didn't know his alignment. Which cakez responded was a badpedal and a lie due to me previously town reading him which led us here.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 485, SirCakez wrote:Why do you/Tammy think people are "so confident" on Norfolk?
Not anywhere in this thread have i seen people expressing overtly confident scumreads on Norfolk
This isn't a significant part of our issue with people pushing Norfolk, but a read that is strong enough where you ask someone to vote with you on it is a read that is strong enough to be scrutinized.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 493, SirCakez wrote:
In post 490, Imperium wrote:
In post 455, SirCakez wrote:
In post 450, Imperium wrote:
In post 399, SirCakez wrote:This is why Imperium's defense is so bizarre to me.
What about our defense did you dislike?
What part of it was unreasonable?
It feels very unearned
Why are you going in to save someone so hard who (at the time) had made four posts?
You didn't answer either of our questions here.
I feel like I have answered this.
Nothing content wise in the defense was bad.
I'm looking at it in the context of the game.
You still have not addressed it. Waiting for specifics and "in the context of the game" is not specifics.

What part of the defense did you dislike in the context of the game? What part of the defense was unreasonable in the context of the game?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 495, SirCakez wrote:I thought posture meant setting up positions artificially in a way that is looking to help yourself in the game state.

I;e someone refusing to declare a read on a popular wagon that is imminently going to flip
If posture is setting up positions, then how in the sweet shiny Jesus is not taking a position posturing?
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by RLotus »

Town: Mush, Imperium, Whemestar, STT
Shoot Immediately: Duchess
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 498, SirCakez wrote:
In post 497, Imperium wrote:
In post 491, SirCakez wrote:Uhhhh I never declared him my top SR or for him to be shot.
It's because it seems to be the only things people want to talk about. Just now I tried to step away from it and again got dragged back into it by Mush and you. I don't want to press this point anymore.
You haven't declared him your top scumread but you've implied that he's your top scumread. If you're arguing otherwise you just really want me to fall to the dark side.
????????????????????????????????????????????
You asked how you centered your game about Norfolk.

I pointed out how you had Norfolk as top SR for a while and talked a lot about him.

You then seemed to argue that you didn't have Norfolk as a top SR because you didn't explicitly say it which is a bananas argument to make.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 499, SirCakez wrote:I am not making another post about Norfolk until he posts again or something materially changes otherwise
This is a waste of time and other people need to talk
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by RLotus »

I really want to see Rock talk more.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Imperium »

I'd like to see more from him too.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 511, SirCakez wrote:
In post 499, SirCakez wrote:I am not making another post about Norfolk until he posts again or something materially changes otherwise
This is a waste of time and other people need to talk
I don't need you to respond to every post that I make, but I do need you to read them. I would like a response to #507.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Imperium »

And an ACTUAL response to #507 where you make an effort to explain where you're coming from, not the throwaway "replying for the sake of replying" stuff that I've been getting so far.
Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Duchess »

unwnd. Whemestar has hardly been posting since our last interaction. There are at least two posts I addressed to him on my list of pursuits tonight that he ignored, so I will be following up on those later. Last night I was mainly distracted by my interactions with Mushshagana and Imperium, and this morning I only had a short window of time to finish catching up.
Gotta frown at some of this stuff
They say that new Duchess don't sound hungry enough
Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by Duchess »

RLotus. You say I am scummy for saying Whemestar's early play was an act. You yourself said he was being LAMIST. These are the same thing. Please explain yourself.

I have absolutely given original thoughts. If someone has a similar thought to me, I would not simply state my own opinion without trying to collaborate or brainstorm with that person. But to say that I have not given any original thoughts when you are the one who seems to have the biggest problem with them is a scummy push.
Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:50 pm

Post by Duchess »

In post 437, RLotus wrote:
In post 335, Duchess wrote:RLotus. How often do you see players of either alignment committing to any reads in their first post?
Not usually. I never said or thought that you were committed to your reads, if that is what you are implying.
In post 172, RLotus wrote:
In post 169, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I haven't seen anyone but you and Wheme talk about Duchess posting fluff. I'm seeing the opposite there. You'll need to explain how it's fluffy.
I'm mainly referring to their first post about how everyone should vote. It looks meant to appear as if they are invested in the game without actually committing to any reads.
You do not believe this push. What you are saying does not make sense.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 517, Duchess wrote:RLotus. You say I am scummy for saying Whemestar's early play was an act. You yourself said he was being LAMIST. These are the same thing. Please explain yourself.
I just explained this to you
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 517, Duchess wrote:I have absolutely given original thoughts. If someone has a similar thought to me, I would not simply state my own opinion without trying to collaborate or brainstorm with that person. But to say that I have not given any original thoughts when you are the one who seems to have the biggest problem with them is a scummy push.
Virtually everything you have contributed have been questioning without stating any opinions, or piggybacking on other people's push
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 518, Duchess wrote:You do not believe this push. What you are saying does not make sense.
another empty read
Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by Duchess »

In post 439, RLotus wrote:
In post 407, Duchess wrote:I don't like this one bit. Cakez seems way too concerned about how his reads are perceived, like he doesn't want to risk knocking over something he has carefully constructed.
Another read on the back of mush.
In post 404, Duchess wrote:I don't understand what the next step is in this line of thinking. This response was very quick, but I fail to see how it connects to your conclusion.
Another vague/half hearted read in an attempt to OMGUS. It really just looks like you are pushing where is convenient as opposed to having your own convictions.
Where did Mush talk about that post or present any of the same specific thoughts regarding it? I'd like you to show me please.

That is not a read at all, I am obviously prompting you to explain yourself. I would still like an explanation as to why unwnd's entry gave you the idea that I am the Godfather?
Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Duchess »

In post 519, RLotus wrote:
In post 517, Duchess wrote:RLotus. You say I am scummy for saying Whemestar's early play was an act. You yourself said he was being LAMIST. These are the same thing. Please explain yourself.
I just explained this to you
You are missing what I am saying. I saw your explanation. I am not near satisfied. Read my words. You called him LAMIST. I called it an act. These are the same thing. This makes me scummy, and it makes you...?
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 522, Duchess wrote:Where did Mush talk about that post or present any of the same specific thoughts regarding it? I'd like you to show me please.
He did not mention that post in particular but he said that he scum reads cakez. And then you come in to give a generic uninspired read about cakez, like how you did with every scum read you have given, well except the one on me.
In post 522, Duchess wrote:That is not a read at all, I am obviously prompting you to explain yourself. I would still like an explanation as to why unwnd's entry gave you the idea that I am the Godfather?
I explained it to netflix when they questioned me about it. It is like you aren't actually trying to evaluate the things I've said but trying to push back on me to defend yourself.

Return to “Completed Open Games”