Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4200 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

I legitimately do not understand where your read is coming from.

Why do you think that I must have some “sufficient level” of engagement in order to be town? How have my posts not “scumhunted” enough? Is this some general bar of towniness or specific to me as a player?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:15 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

question for you, auro: would you say this interaction with you is “sufficiently scumhunting”?
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:17 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 4190, Auro wrote:Not all scumhunting techniques require direct engagement, and sometimes direct engagement can work *against* your efforts to read someone when they're competent at responding and carrying out conversations~
Wow, this just describes the way I feel about your slot
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 4202, chennisden wrote:
In post 4190, Auro wrote:Not all scumhunting techniques require direct engagement, and sometimes direct engagement can work *against* your efforts to read someone when they're competent at responding and carrying out conversations~
I can see it.

Now I'm going for real. I think I may lurk from now on until we get the flips, maybe not, I don't know.

I mostly consider this game wraped up/solved until I'm proven wrong with mod confirmed info. It's a lazy way to think about it, and it may backfire, but I can't help but think like this under those circumstances.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 4200, lilith2013 wrote:I legitimately do not understand where your read is coming from.

Why do you think that I must have some “sufficient level” of engagement in order to be town? How have my posts not “scumhunted” enough? Is this some general bar of towniness or specific to me as a player?
You play that way as town, and it's specific to you as a player.
Please tell me your strategy for {AL->Flopz!town universe}
In post 4201, lilith2013 wrote:question for you, auro: would you say this interaction with you is “sufficiently scumhunting”?
No. "Scumhunting" me is unimportant when I'm taking the El anyway, and given your weaker-but-unarticulated reasoning on my being scum there is little reason to believe this engagement will help you sort me no matter the outcome - much less where this engagement does not damage my scumread on you anyway.
In post 4202, chennisden wrote:
Yeah not an invalid method, but can sometimes have incorrect conclusions :P
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:45 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

it's been pretty clear that I was scumreading math, and personally I would flip math over flopz. why are you asking me this? this isn't a strategy that I proposed. how is this helping you to sort me?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:46 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 4205, lilith2013 wrote:how is this helping you to sort me?
I'd like to see your engagement with those slots.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:47 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 4204, Auro wrote:You play that way as town, and it's specific to you as a player.
I'll just quote myself here.
In post 1539, lilith2013 wrote:sidenote I really dislike that I’m being BoPed here because like, I should be able to have a towngame where I can’t be as active as I typically am and not get immediately scumread for it
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:48 pm

Post by Auro »

And calling it an immediate scumread "because activity" would be incorrect.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:50 pm

Post by Auro »

Remind me to ask Menalque a certain question before the day ends :P
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:50 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

inactivity has directly led to me not being able to read and engage with large parts of the game.

what reasons do you have to think that this is something I always do as town? what reasons do you have to think that this is sufficiently different from other towngames such that it is more plausible to be a scumgame than a towngame?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 4210, lilith2013 wrote:inactivity has directly led to me not being able to read and engage with large parts of the game.

what reasons do you have to think that this is something I always do as town? what reasons do you have to think that this is sufficiently different from other towngames such that it is more plausible to be a scumgame than a towngame?
Because you do have activity and engagement, just that it's not the type I expect.
Anyway - doesn't matter.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:04 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

again, it matters to me. I don't think your reasons for scumreading me are real; I think your intentions towards my slot since the beginning of D1 have been mostly to try to prevent me from being townread; I think your argument against shirou's proposed plan is distorted because you are trying to argue that the plan is contingent on infinity being scum and voicing your disagreement of it, but his alignment just does not matter because he's not on the table, and that if you were actually scumreading me you would be trying to convince others why this plan will not work and the reason would be because
I
am scum, and not that infinity
isn't
; I think what you're trying to argue is so mismatched to what shirou is actually saying because you're scum; and you seem more interested in trying to put me on the table for elimination in future days than actually discussing whether the plan will work.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:13 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

if we go back to D1, I think it's suspicious that you would try to prevent townreads on me at multiple points without saying that you think I'm scummy, or without a qualification like "well the method of reading her isn't really valid but I think she's town anyway," which makes me think that the sole or primary purpose of you bringing up those things was to discredit and prevent me from being townread, not to make sure that I was being sorted correctly. This is what I mean by "you haven't expressed your own read at me while you were doing it."
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #4214 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:25 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

This is a bit of a tertiary point but I’ve felt all game that your posts have been like, “surface level towny” but I think I struggle to really see the genuine thoughts behind them. I’ve held off on mentioning this because I haven’t had the chance to compile a set of posts that I think demonstrates my feelings, but I already vaguely referenced this as a reason that I thought you had a decent chance of flipping scum.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #4215 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:30 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

If you think AL is town and I’m the only objectionable player in the current bloc in shirou’s plan, I don’t think it actually even matters, because you wouldn’t need to eliminate scum!me to win if you’re able to find my partner. So: who’s my partner, auro?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4216 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:41 pm

Post by Auro »

Shirou has clarified that he has no plan for {Auro->Flopz} not ending the game, and my arguments pertain to that universe.

Yes, I have been discrediting townreads on you - and I am now.

I am interested in putting you on the table for elimination in LimLo or LimLo-1.

I could give less hoots about your own read on me when I'm allowing my lim today anyway - if you're town it should be important to you that I retract my scumread on you before I flip, and I already said that direct engagement with me on my scumread of you doesn't matter. If you're going to use this as reasoning to be content voting me, go ahead, but I'll continue advocating for your elim at LimLo(-1).
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4217 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:41 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 4215, lilith2013 wrote:So: who’s my partner, auro?
I shall reveal this during my last words :D
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4218 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:42 pm

Post by Menalque »

Hello friends
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4219 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:42 pm

Post by Menalque »

VOTE: mathblade
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #4220 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:58 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 4216, Auro wrote:Shirou has clarified that he has no plan for {Auro->Flopz} not ending the game, and my arguments pertain to that universe.
okay still not sure what purpose asking me this question serves
Yes, I have been discrediting townreads on you - and I am now.
You’ve completely missed my point, which is that you’re discrediting townreads on me just to discredit them, and not to actually encourage me to be sorted correctly.
I am interested in putting you on the table for elimination in LimLo or LimLo-1.

I could give less hoots about your own read on me when I'm allowing my lim today anyway - if you're town it should be important to you that I retract my scumread on you before I flip, and I already said that direct engagement with me on my scumread of you doesn't matter. If you're going to use this as reasoning to be content voting me, go ahead, but I'll continue advocating for your elim at LimLo(-1).
Not really sure why I would care about you retracting a scumread since 1) I think you’re scum, and 2) I haven’t been eliminated as town for a
very
long time for a reason - I’m obvtown. I don’t think you’re this wilfully blind to this as town so my conclusion is that you’re scum.

why would you advocate for my elimination and not the person you think my partner is? I don’t think it’s that much of an exaggeration to say that I would be among the most difficult slots to get an elimination on this game.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4221 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by Menalque »

lld and i talked during the night a bit and while I’ll later share the rest for now she also believes that this is math!scum so can we just win the game pls
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4222 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:08 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 4215, lilith2013 wrote:If you think AL is town and I’m the only objectionable player in the current bloc in shirou’s plan, I don’t think it actually even matters
It's not a question, I said that because you keep framing my arguments as being related to Shirou's plan.

How does my intention behind discrediting matter if I flip anyway?
Not really sure why I would care about you retracting a scumread since 1) I think you’re scum, and 2) I haven’t been eliminated as town for a very long time for a reason - I’m obvtown. I don’t think you’re this wilfully blind to this as town so my conclusion is that you’re scum.
My flip would prove (1) wrong.
Your being scum would mean (2) doesn't apply.

Town shouldn't listen to "Auro was blind town" when it comes to LimLo(-1).
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4223 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by Menalque »

Actually I’ll share what I guess are the main 2 things now:

(1) she thinks there’s approx a 10% chance that joqiza (the person most responsible for Johnny dying yesterday) was bussing

(2) she thinks that if we decide to do shirou’s plan from yesterday then it’s non-negotiable that shirou dies first, but then gets to pick the elims for the next 2 days
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4224 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by Auro »

Mena, I am curious as to whether Maria has kept up with the game.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”