Newbie 2050 | The End

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:40 am

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

In post 300, Lunar Martian wrote:That's not a realistic possibility. It's never a small-brained play to kill a blank slot. It's some sort of big brain move.
Well, I mean, at the very least, the kill could be random (or as close as you can get with humans). As far as I am aware, there is no law of statistics mandating that random kills avoid blank slots.
StatueSurfer
StatueSurfer
Townie
StatueSurfer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:11 am

Post by StatueSurfer »

Sorry about the lack of activity, been busy the last couple of days.
In post 272, Lunar Martian wrote: Statue assume I'm Town for a minute. Who is your pick for the Mafia team?
Sure, I'm willing to dive into some fantasy for a moment.

Harumi/MK: if we take Frost's points as true, then MK seems like a potential partner here. They've had virtually zero interaction (I think I found one), and Harumi TRed MK based on rather spurious logic.

...and that's honestly the only good scumteam I can really come up with that doesn't include you, but here's another:

Harumi/Alice: two newbs explains the utterly bizarre nightkill! but doesn't make much sense otherwise.

I'll respond to everything else tomorrow, I promise!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:12 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 293, AliceK wrote:I actually slightly suspicious of RayFrost right now.
That's great and all, but are you actually going to say anything of substance in response to what I posted or what?
don't you feel silly now?
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

In post 302, StatueSurfer wrote:Sorry about the lack of activity, been busy the last couple of days.
In post 272, Lunar Martian wrote: Statue assume I'm Town for a minute. Who is your pick for the Mafia team?
Sure, I'm willing to dive into some fantasy for a moment.

Harumi/MK: if we take Frost's points as true, then MK seems like a potential partner here. They've had virtually zero interaction (I think I found one), and Harumi TRed MK based on rather spurious logic.

...and that's honestly the only good scumteam I can really come up with that doesn't include you, but here's another:

Harumi/Alice: two newbs explains the utterly bizarre nightkill! but doesn't make much sense otherwise.

I'll respond to everything else tomorrow, I promise!
Eh, fair I guess.
Though I like to think I'd be a
little
competent as scum...
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

Statue and if I'm Mafia, who am I partnered with?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:49 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 287, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 281, volxen wrote:
In post 280, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 274, volxen wrote:Also, Lunar: You now know that all three SE’s have a connection to Krazy. What are your thoughts on Ray and I? You’ve only talked about Mala so far.
I think your answers implicate you more than the other two.
I may have the most experience with Krazy out of the three of us. What I want to know is why you think that at least one SE being scum is the only possible explanation for the nightkill. You did some basic analysis in so far as saying that the three of us might have motive due to past experience with Krazy, but you haven’t made the case as to why that’s more likely than any other possible motivations for the nightkill (e.g. PR hunting, etc.).

Given that you immediately jumped on this “at least one SE must be scum” narrative after day two started, it’s obvious that you at least know who Krazy is outside of the context of this game. So following your own logic, why shouldn’t you be under scrutiny for the nightkill?
I know who Krazy is, but I don't know Krazy that well. If I were going to go for a shot like that I'd kill an SE who already had been posting. The was no reason to think that slot was obviously Town or a PR since it hadn't been posting. There are two possible explanations: Town is playing really poorly and so Mafia didn't want a replacement stirring things up, or it was a personality thing, like Krazy has a tell on someone. The latter would almost have to be an SE. The former I think would also be more likely to come from someone with experience.
Regarding your first point, the only SE that was widely townread on day one is Ray. If you are scum with another newbie, then Krazy would have been a fourth town SE. If your goal was to take out an experienced player, then there’s the argument that either Mala or myself wouldn’t have been a better nightkill than Krazy, since neither of us were widely townread on day one. At the same time, scum!you would have to consider the possibility that Ray would be targeted by a protective. Between that and the fact that you already knew who Krazy is outside of the context of the game, it establishes that you would have motive to nightkill Krazy.

Yes, the same argument could be applied to anyone who is aware of who Krazy is, which includes all three SE’s. But the difference is that you are the only one who is insisting that the nightkill effectively “proves” that at least one SE has to be scum. I’m not arguing that the nightkill in and of itself proves that you are scum, I’m saying that you would have motive to nightkill Krazy if you are scum. You are downplaying this by saying that you know who Krazy is, but not “well enough” to have the same motive that you are trying to attach to the SE’s.

Your nightkill analysis is… convenient, in that in both of the two scenarios that you mentioned, the conclusion is the same: at least one SE has to be scum. You outright reject any other possible explanations for the nightkill that would include the possibility of all SE’s being town, even though you haven’t put forth a good argument as to why that couldn’t be the case. For example, why couldn’t it be the case that scum were PR hunting with the nightkill? That wouldn’t require an SE to be scum to be plausible. Harumi also mentioned the possibility of the nightkill being a mis-play that could be indicative of two newbie scum, which you immediately shot down.

This is why I don’t get the sense that you are really trying to analyze the nightkill to figure things out, but rather you are using it to justify this stance of yours on separating the newbies vs SE’s. All of your nightkill analysis seems centered around reinforcing a pre-determined conclusion.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:52 pm

Post by volxen »

VOTE: Lunar Martian

E-1.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
AliceK
AliceK
Goon
AliceK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:15 am

Post by AliceK »

In post 307, volxen wrote:VOTE: Lunar Martian

E-1.
I am not convinced. Lunar is right, he can't really be partnered with anyone.
StatueSurfer
StatueSurfer
Townie
StatueSurfer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:42 am

Post by StatueSurfer »

In post 275, Malakittens wrote: It was your wording. It already looked like you were going to vote me regardless of “reactions”. IDK asking the thread what is your connection to Krazy felt like an alternative motive. It’s very easy for you to meta people rather than come out the way you did in D2 and ask. Like I said the whole way you have entered D2 is scummy as fuck.
Agree with this completely.
In post 274, volxen wrote:Also, Lunar: You now know that all three SE’s have a connection to Krazy. What are your thoughts on Ray and I? You’ve only talked about Mala so far.
In what way??

In post 282, RayFrost wrote:So, I'm going to start off by answering the first question you probably have, which is "why not lunar?"

My answer to which is I do not think Lunar is mafia. Instead of looking at what you think of as poor or missing logic from Lunar, I ask you to look at what would
motivate
Lunar to post in the way that they're doing currently. Does it make sense for a mafia member to be so polarizing to start the day off, essentially putting themself into the spotlight, after a rough start to the game day 1 where they were under suspicion?
I don't know. Maybe they're just bad? Maybe they figured there were so many scummy players in the game already they could slip under the radar? Maybe they figured that being aggressive would look townier? (which I saw someone [MK?] say about me earlier in this game) As I liked to say in live games, it isn't my job to justify bad scumplay.
RayFrost wrote:On top of that, if we're assuming Lunar is mafia, why would Lunar pick Mala of all people to antagonize? There's lower hanging fruit to try and focus. Even if you're only looking at the SEs, Volxen would be an easier target for MafiaLunar to focus. If you look outside of the SEs, you could argue that either of Alice / Harumi would be an "easier" target than Mala depending on your personal views of them.

Now, you could say "well, MafiaLunar's not angling at [player] because they're mafia together" but that only works for one player.
I would argue that before this post, Harumi was TRed by most people (at least I think; he was TRed me, MK, and even Lunar at any rate), while I personally at least didn't see MK as town.
RayFrost wrote:Further still, why would MafiaLunar, who has previous experience with Krazy, try to use experience with Krazy as the metric for why the kill makes sense?
Maybe he didn't think anyone would find that out.
RayFrost wrote:
I won't disagree that some of Lunar's methods are perhaps anti-town in nature.
But anti-town and mafia are different things.
I'm glad we agree on this, but it's my personal opinion that we should execute whoever the most anti-town player is at the end of the day.
In post 283, RayFrost wrote:Now, on to why Harumi:

I ask you, what has Harumi contributed to this game?

A theory disagreement with Alice which was more distracting than revealing.
That was a really dumb thing for Alice to say though. I called them out for it too.
RayFrost wrote:Some point scoring[
Yeah, that does seem a little forced.
RayFrost wrote:A reads list which essentially boiled down to "these people are not people I'm trying to push right now and they've posted, so they're town" - "neutral for not posting" - "Lunar's a popular vote right now, so I'm going to follow what other people say" and "this seems like an easy target"
The MK and Volxen (at the time, at least) reads are bad, and some of this could be more verbose so... well, you might have a point here. The reads on Charles and Crab are kind of dumb, but also consistent with overrating the towniness of players that don't post.

So okay. This is not a good reads list.
RayFrost wrote:This post looks like someone trying to get points (
my
reads are based off of multiple posts!).
Eh, I don't think this is really compelling unless you were already assuming he's scum.
RayFrost wrote:"We have to punish mistakes like these!" has to be one of the more blatant "making an excuse for when this person flips town" posts I've seen. "You couldn't possibly suspect
me
for voting them. After all, they was playing so badly. We had to get rid of them, for the good of the town!"

Harumi only gives up on trying to argue with Lunar when Lunar stops, even though it had passed the point of productivity. Which shows a desire to generate more noise (and score more points).
Honestly, I thought Lunar was more guilty of noise since he made basically the same post three times (and I said as much in #102). I
think
Harumi actually changes up his questioning in #98-- actually he isn't really asking a question there, although he is at least analyzing.
RayFrost wrote:Harumi "doesn't like" crab's entrance but also sees someone they can push off to the following day and wants to try and push the Lunar lynch through on day 1 instead. ... Then, when the momentum of the Lunar lynch seems to be dying, Harumi's suddenly is all for moving over to crab as the tide (oceanic pun intended) seems to be shifting.
Now I feel like I really should've noticed that at the time instead of just right now. And you're right, he made zero analysis of any of Cook's posts.
RayFrost wrote:Harumi is consistently behind other people when it comes to pushing or suspecting players.
Ignoring the point here for now, woulda been cool if you'd linked to multiple posts demonstrating this here.
RayFrost wrote:This "you were doing okay at the end of D1" stuff is superfluous. Harumi's vote on crab was almost unexplained and born from seeing other people vote crab and seeing that a Lunar lynch wasn't going to go through. The "he was looking a little bit better" in day 1 is just a light, touch-once excuse for the vote swap when it happened, and we can see how easily Harumi switches back.
That is... definitely oddly-worded.
In post 288, Lunar Martian wrote:Hot take: could it be Harumi and Statue?
No, it couldn't.
And another unexplained read in a thread already full of them. Would you, could you please explain?

Could we get full readlists from everyone, please?

Lunar Martian wrote:That's not a realistic possibility. It's never a small-brained play to kill a blank slot. It's some sort of big brain move.
You're either overthinking this or know it with 100% certainty (or, improbably, you're overthinking it and happen to be right)
Lunar Martian wrote:Statue and if I'm Mafia, who am I partnered with?
Easy here, it's what I've been thinking all game would be your most logical scumpartner: Alice.

Reasoning:
- Alice susses Lone for no reason right off the bat, along with Charles
- They quickly explain why they sussed Charles, but take forever to give an actual reason for Lone
- Almost as if they had no reason except that they
knew
Lone was scum
- Later on, after Lunar replaces in, Alice goes from SRing to nullreading to TRing the slot is a very short span with no explanation
- Meanwhile, Lunar mutually TRs Alice based on some (imo) slightly shaky logic

I guess MK isn't impossible, and Harumi would make zero sense, so there you go.
volxen wrote:VOTE: Lunar Martian

E-1.
So I definitely won't be ending this post with a vote on Lunar, especially not with the points raised by Frost.

@Harumi: why did you fail to analyze Crab's posts at all -- or indeed, really anyone's posts since your fight with Lunar?

Okay yeah there's some serious questions here, especially since Lunar/Harumi would be like the weirdest possible scumteam.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

I'm pretty set on a PoE of Volxen, Statue, and Harumi. Everyone else is Town.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:12 am

Post by Cook »

Bah.

I leave you!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:51 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 310, Lunar Martian wrote:I'm pretty set on a PoE of Volxen, Statue, and Harumi. Everyone else is Town.
The scum read you had on me poofed?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:36 am

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

@StatueSurfer: This was probably a lapse of judgement on my part. You are correct in that I should do that more, but unfortunately I can't really say much else beyond "whoops".

@Lunar: I don't like how I suddenly am on your scum list with no explanation, not even a "per RayFrost".

I'm going to dissect all of Lunar's D2 posts when I get the chance. I would provide a readlist but since Lunar is at E-one it's probably not a good idea unless something changes.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 313, Harumi Ayasato wrote:@StatueSurfer: This was probably a lapse of judgement on my part. You are correct in that I should do that more, but unfortunately I can't really say much else beyond "whoops".

@Lunar: I don't like how I suddenly am on your scum list with no explanation, not even a "per RayFrost".

I'm going to dissect all of Lunar's D2 posts when I get the chance. I would provide a readlist but since Lunar is at E-one it's probably not a good idea unless something changes.
Your argument for suspecting me is silly. Why would Mafia be any more likely than Town to not write an essay every time their mind changes. I started thinking you were scummy before Ray posted, but that case is very good and lays it out well.
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

I wasn't asking for an essay I was just asking for any reason whatsoever good god

It's a tad late so I'll compose my full analysis in the morning. Good night.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Statue, are you wanting me to post a
full
readlist including my town reads?

You know I'm against that, but I will if you're
really, really
wanting me to.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by RayFrost »

And I'm only willing to bend on this because I like you. Surfing pikachu is awesome.
StatueSurfer
StatueSurfer
Townie
StatueSurfer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:26 pm

Post by StatueSurfer »

In post 310, Lunar Martian wrote:I'm pretty set on a PoE of Volxen, Statue, and Harumi. Everyone else is Town.
Didn't you have a scumread on MK, as she pointed out two posts later?

In fact, your
vote
is still on MK so um. What's up?
In post 311, Cook wrote:Bah.

I leave you!
You died, like, a week ago :neutral:
In post 316, RayFrost wrote:Statue, are you wanting me to post a
full
readlist including my town reads?

You know I'm against that, but I will if you're
really, really
wanting me to.
I guess we're getting too close to the end of the phase now, so it can wait til D3 I guess.

@Alice would you at least mind telling us why you TR Lunar?

Also since I suss two people who IMO are incompatible as scum and one of them isn't at E-1, I wanna make things interesting VOTE: Harumi. That's E-2

@mod:
what happens if there's a tie in the vote?
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:18 am

Post by Sirius9121 »

There is no elimination if a simple majority does not occur before the deadline.
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:39 am

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

Well, I said I'd do this, so here it is. Every post Lunar made D2 and my thoughts on it. I feel like it wouldn't hurt for someone to do the same to me, since at this point it's clear that one of us is dying today.
In post 254, Lunar Martian wrote:WOW THAT'S SO RUDE.
This was in response to someone who had just replaced in being NKed. This comes off as a NAI joke to me.
In post 255, Lunar Martian wrote:An SE is Mafia. Maybe both. My guess would be Mala, but I'm not sure. SEs: what is your relation to Krazy, and would you kill him?
Lunar starts off by raising this point without providing any reasoning at all. This alone would be pretty bad, but it's made worse by some other things he does later.
In post 258, Lunar Martian wrote:VOTE: Mala
Mostly an extension of the above post. Lunar has a habit of making rapid small posts, but I'm fairly sure this isn't unique to him.
In post 269, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 267, Malakittens wrote:
In post 265, AliceK wrote:
In post 256, RayFrost wrote: With that said, I don't think night kill analysis this early serves a purpose. Making assumptions on the mafia's logic in their kills, especially with no flips and so little information, is the type of rabbit hole that distracts from actually figuring anything out and gives mafia a free way to avoid actual, intentional hunting. Please don't do night kill speculation this early.
I disagree completely. Mafia often get away with obvious kills, because no one does analysis. It is distracting from what?
Normally I agree with NK analysis later in the game, but please explain to me what type of information we are going to get out of two slots that were null and another who didn’t post?

I just feel like Lunar tried to set this up to frame people, but ofc it’s against me, but he still hasn’t answered why me instead of the other SEs
Why you? It was a low information guess. People's reactions around the vote have been super informative though. When I said both, I was referring to both Mafia, not both SEs. Either way, not a Town tell. Town has no extra reason to not know the number of SEs. More to follow shortly.
I'm fairly sure this is the second time Lunar justified an action by saying "I was baiting for reactions", but I might be wrong. He also says that he's learned things from said reactions but afaik he never actually said what those things were, so I'm inclined to believe this isn't true.
In post 270, Lunar Martian wrote:For example: AliceK is pretty obviously Town. Mala is looking very Town.
Normally I'd bash Lunar for posting reads without explanation but everyone's doing that this game.
In post 271, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 267, Malakittens wrote:
In post 265, AliceK wrote:
In post 256, RayFrost wrote: With that said, I don't think night kill analysis this early serves a purpose. Making assumptions on the mafia's logic in their kills, especially with no flips and so little information, is the type of rabbit hole that distracts from actually figuring anything out and gives mafia a free way to avoid actual, intentional hunting. Please don't do night kill speculation this early.
I disagree completely. Mafia often get away with obvious kills, because no one does analysis. It is distracting from what?
Normally I agree with NK analysis later in the game, but please explain to me what type of information we are going to get out of two slots that were null and another who didn’t post?

I just feel like Lunar tried to set this up to frame people, but ofc it’s against me, but he still hasn’t answered why me instead of the other SEs
I do really dislike the second line here. I hadn't posted at all, it's not like I was ignoring you, I just wasn't online. Killing a slot that had done absolutely nothing and was probably going to be a VT implies they were going after Krazy, which suggests a personal connection to Krazy, which implies that an SE wanted Krazy dead, because it's unlikely that a newbie knows Krazy well enough to be concerned.
Now Lunar explains his logic (which makes me wonder why he didn't do so before). This reasoning is very poor, but I'm not going to waste too much time dissecting it because several people, including me, already have.
In post 272, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 262, StatueSurfer wrote:
Lunar Martian wrote:WOW THAT'S SO RUDE.
Kind of a weird thing to say.
Lunar Martian wrote:An SE is Mafia. Maybe both. My guess would be Mala, but I'm not sure. SEs: what is your relation to Krazy, and would you kill him?
This is either a townslip or you not actually paying attention, because there's
three
SEs (volxen is the third). And... I also don't understand the logic behind why you think a SE in particular would've killed him.
RayFrost wrote:Please don't do night kill speculation this early.
Well, I'll indulge myself for a moment anyway, because this kill makes absolutely no sense. Multiple people said they thought this slot was scummy (and I don't remember anyone saying they thought they were town), so why kill them? Me and you were townread by just about everybody, so why wasn't one of us targeted?

IMO the possibilities are:
1) the scumteam is just newbies and decided to just kill a random townie
2) the actual townies are so completely on the wrong track that they're comfortable keeping us alive
3) the scumteam deliberately wanted to cause this kind of WIFOMy analysis by killing someone SRed (kind of ties into the above, since both would likely require skilled players)

and in light of that I'll drop it for the time being.

Now, my reads list:

Townreads:

Nobody because I'm paranoid

Townleans:

RayFrost: helpful to town, good points, good analysis, solid questioning
Volxen: good questioning, good analysis
Harumi: pro-town behavior, good questioning

Null:

AliceK: Bad reads, waffles constantly, but has started acting more pro-town of late.

Scumleans:

Malakittens: Little questioning, mediocre analysis (imo), feels like fake activity

Scumreads:

Lunar Martian: Bad entrances to both days, a lot of IIoA/statistical analysis posts, not a ton of actual analysis, mediocre questioning
volxen wrote:
In post 255, Lunar Martian wrote:An SE is Mafia. Maybe both. My guess would be Mala, but I'm not sure. SEs: what is your relation to Krazy, and would you kill him?
I played some games with Krazy and in some games that he modded back in 2019. I would nightkill a townread player from day one over Krazy.
I do agree with Frost that this is weird, and worded oddly specifically.
Statue assume I'm Town for a minute. Who is your pick for the Mafia team?
Lunar asks these sort of questions a lot, to the point where I'm of the opinion it's no longer useful. Can't really tell if this indicates scum though.
An explanation why, at the time of posting, would be great. Or at least "I'll explain more when I have time" if appropriate.
I may have the most experience with Krazy out of the three of us. What I want to know is why you think that at least one SE being scum is the only possible explanation for the nightkill. You did some basic analysis in so far as saying that the three of us might have motive due to past experience with Krazy, but you haven’t made the case as to why that’s more likely than any other possible motivations for the nightkill (e.g. PR hunting, etc.).

Given that you immediately jumped on this “at least one SE must be scum” narrative after day two started, it’s obvious that you at least know who Krazy is outside of the context of this game. So following your own logic, why shouldn’t you be under scrutiny for the nightkill?
I know who Krazy is, but I don't know Krazy that well. If I were going to go for a shot like that I'd kill an SE who already had been posting. The was no reason to think that slot was obviously Town or a PR since it hadn't been posting. There are two possible explanations: Town is playing really poorly and so Mafia didn't want a replacement stirring things up, or it was a personality thing, like Krazy has a tell on someone. The latter would almost have to be an SE. The former I think would also be more likely to come from someone with experience.
Lunar explains the two possibilities why his reasoning is correct. Unfortunately he missed several, which will be brought up shortly.
Yet
another
scumread thrown out with no explanation. I at least had the benefit of RayFrost writing a long post of why I should be executed, but Statue recieved no such post.
In post 290, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 289, RayFrost wrote:I'm still not the type of person who enjoys calling scumteams and looking for connections until I get a confirmed flip.

Instead of doing the scumteam analysis, how about your thoughts about what I said about Harumi?
I agree. Harumi has recently made a bunch of posts that made me lean scum there. It's not scumteam analysis. Those are the two people I most suspect individually. I still think one Mafia memeber is probably an SE though.
Interestingly, he doesn't cite RayFrost as being a reason he suspects me. He also reiterates his SE theory (which he is very fond of as you probably noticed).
In post 295, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 292, Harumi Ayasato wrote:
In post 290, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 289, RayFrost wrote:I'm still not the type of person who enjoys calling scumteams and looking for connections until I get a confirmed flip.

Instead of doing the scumteam analysis, how about your thoughts about what I said about Harumi?
I agree. Harumi has recently made a bunch of posts that made me lean scum there. It's not scumteam analysis. Those are the two people I most suspect individually.
I still think one Mafia memeber is probably an SE though.
Could you really quickly brief me on why you think this? I don't quite follow your reasoning. (The bolded part.)

This is just him requoting one of his posts at my request because I am small-brained.
In post 296, Lunar Martian wrote:
Doubt it. Explain though?
I mean, that's a reasonable response to Unexplained Read #11037 in this game.
In post 297, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 294, AliceK wrote:
Would they make some obvious that they are playing with the same agenda? Both of them were pushing you Day 1.
I mean that's pure WIFOM. I don't have any reason to think they are partners. I just suspect both of them. Like I said, I think there's an SE in the mix.
Not much to say here, because he's basically just reiterating stuff he's already said.
In post 300, Lunar Martian wrote:That's not a realistic possibility. It's never a small-brained play to kill a blank slot. It's some sort of big brain move.
This logic doesn't hold up; at the very least, there's a 1/8 chance he'd die if a random slot was picked, and that's not taking into account a misplay.
This post in particular gives me the impression that he's not interested in changing his theory, which in turn gives me the impression that he's not actually trying to find scum.
In post 305, Lunar Martian wrote:Statue and if I'm Mafia, who am I partnered with?
Another one of these questions.
WHY?

In post 314, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 313, Harumi Ayasato wrote:@StatueSurfer: This was probably a lapse of judgement on my part. You are correct in that I should do that more, but unfortunately I can't really say much else beyond "whoops".

Your argument for suspecting me is silly. Why would Mafia be any more likely than Town to not write an essay every time their mind changes. I started thinking you were scummy before Ray posted, but that case is very good and lays it out well.
I already responded to this.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:50 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

VOTE: Harumi

That's E-1.

My PoE is because: Xolxen for the SE theory, but the other SEs have done things that make me much more confident in them being Town. Statue for a number of really odd posts today, and Harumi for being opportunistic and feeling icky every time they post. Look at the long wall above this, for example. A few questions are asked, and they take the time to respond to every single one of my posts to try and look busy, but that entire post has 0 analysis of why I'm likely to be Mafia.
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:57 am

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

Well, I might as well give my overall analysis.

Most of your posts are meaningless noise.
You ask a lot of questions which I doubt actually tell you anything.
You come up with a theory with rather poor reasoning and refuse to change it despite the fact that it's unlikely to be true.
You
constantly
perform actions without explaining them.
You also have said twice now that "this is informative" without saying what you've learned.

All of this makes me feel like you're not trying to solve the game. (And I did bring all of those up in the previous post, but admittedly they weren't super clear.)
I feel now would be a good time to respond to these.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:43 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

Why are you pushing a narrative that I learned nothing from my questions despite not asking me what I learned? Can you not see my reads changing after I say that? I have lots of thoughts. Most of them are wrong. The more I detail my reasoning in the thread, the more Mafia can latch onto the bad thoughts and tell me they're good. Instead, I share my vote, and people can agree/disagree.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:44 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 322, Harumi Ayasato wrote:Well, I might as well give my overall analysis.

Most of your posts are meaningless noise.
You ask a lot of questions which I doubt actually tell you anything.
You come up with a theory with rather poor reasoning and refuse to change it despite the fact that it's unlikely to be true.
You
constantly
perform actions without explaining them.
You also have said twice now that "this is informative" without saying what you've learned.

All of this makes me feel like you're not trying to solve the game. (And I did bring all of those up in the previous post, but admittedly they weren't super clear.)
I feel now would be a good time to respond to these.
Most of this also isn't analysis, it's merely statements about your feelings about my playstyle. None of it is AI.
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

Your playstyle is anti-town. Anti-town people should be executed. This is why I am focusing on your playstyle.

Also, when people don't share their reasoning, it's easy to assume it's because there is no good reason--or, rather, because this reason is tied to them being scum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”