MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3775 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:43 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

It's fine, I just have a better memory for the interactions considering I was part of them and there are few that are better.
alt of MURDERCAT
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:43 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 3658, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3646, MURDERSUNNY wrote:40 minutes pass but no one else posted in the main thread.
Okay yeah actually this DOES make PI look worse imo
The person who ended up being the fluke did have this correction posted very quickly, and it was a scum-scum reader-readee situation so I’m like “hey that comes across as quite similar so maybe my mile-a-minute brain hit a chord here”
VOTE: PrivateI
Putting this here as an expression of my faith in this
What do these sequence of posts mean, if someone would be kind enough to explain. How does 40 minutes of no posting reflect badly on PrivateI? I'm not following here.
In post 3673, Noraa wrote:Thats not spicy and its a total vanity wagon that's literally not going to go thru in this game state regardless of if its on scum.
Something struck me when I saw Nora describe S_S's vote like this. Do people consider my vote on MariaR a vanity wagon and if so, why? I'm surprised to see so many townreads on MariaR. I guess from your perspectives, if she drops something you all considered a town tell that would make sense. From my perspective, a lot of stuff doesn't add up. Still working on the case that balances the likelihood of town/scum for MariaR. I'll set myself a deadline of this Friday to release it so stay tuned. I truly believe votes for PB/MS are vanity/anti-town right now. But that's because they literally have discernable + concrete contributions D1 that form the basis behind consensus townreads - which MariaR utterly lacks.

To add to the discussion on S_S that MariaR has been pushing. Something_Smart's vote onto Spring Breeze was quite quick and opportunistic - considering they had been on Cakez the whole time. But my thought goes and I agree with Cakez here, if Something_Smart is scum, might they hesitate a bit before committing to the Spring Breeze wagon to see if the situation could be salvaged rather than instantly placing down the vote? I don't know Something_Smart as a person/player so I can't comment on this.

But I'd be surprised if they made the quick decision to abandon their buddy and fit in as opposed to waiting things out a bit - since their vote came down extremely quickly without putting up any formalities. Whereas MariaR literally slammed down her vote as the hammer without any explanation when everything looked doom despite posturing Spring Breeze as obv town earlier. What I do know is that if there is scum between S_S and MariaR there can only be one. And in this instance I'm definitely leaning towards MariaR here and my guess is that she's scum with an ability related to casting a hammering vote.

Additionally. I'm not actually sure PrivateI's flip would solve much about the game. Or at least more about it compared to MariaR. Their interactions with people were generally limited and even if they flipped town/scum I'm not sure it really tells us who else is town/scum. Unless I've missed something here. Whereas I feel MariaR's flip would tell us more about the game since she's inextricably linked to more people in terms of direct interactions.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3772, MURDERSUNNY wrote:
In post 3770, Gamma Emerald wrote:Is this just for the fact I'm the only other one that goes for?
It applies to you and you are still willing to vote Monty for it, that's seems off to me yeah.
I think the fact I'm voting for Monty given that should show I'm acting in good faith? Like, if Monty flips town I end up in a bad spot that I'm willing to take because I believe the idea I have enough to stake my life on being wrong
So why is your way of looking at it to view it as me being scummy for pushing it? I'm not saying it's a thing scum do exclusively with scum, in fact I presume I was added because I am limbait this game and it makes me look worse.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:46 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

In post 3774, Cheetory6 wrote:murder what would be your best bet for a scumteam right now.
Pretty sure I've been pretty face up about it but

{gamma, MariaR}

is what I feel good about

{Jake, Monty}

are also in my poe.
I haven't looked at associations that closely so I don't know how good I feel about it as a hero solve, but I bet if we elim those 4 players over the next 4 days we will probably hit 2+ scum.

Monty isn't my preferred elim today, FWIW, just want content from the slot.
alt of MURDERCAT
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3776, Zaiden wrote:What do these sequence of posts mean, if someone would be kind enough to explain. How does 40 minutes of no posting reflect badly on PrivateI? I'm not following here.
it has to do with the fact there was no one there to comment, so it shows SB was self-conscious of how the absence looked
The scumperson who did it in the offsite game, although I misinterpreted somewhat when I first saw it, also corrected course with 0 prompting in that game, putting the person left off in careful neutral after having forgotten to give an actual read on them. A little later they were also self-conscious of their read on that same scumbuddy so I feel like that's where that comes from
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:49 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3769, Gypyx wrote:
In post 3764, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3753, Noraa wrote:I won't waste my time on pink ball anymore tho. I'll forget the linking and I believe that if scum, it'll show through eventually.
In post 3756, Noraa wrote:It's funny. Now that I don't SR pb, I feel like I have no SRs. But a moment ago I felt like I SRed the whole plist. My brain is funny.
town posts
agree with the second but not the first, can u explain why?
Because a scum tactic is to just keep tunneling and tunneling on one person. It gives you an excuse to not interact with other people.
Noraa breaking it off is a town sign.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:49 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

In post 3776, Zaiden wrote:What do these sequence of posts mean, if someone would be kind enough to explain. How does 40 minutes of no posting reflect badly on PrivateI? I'm not following here.
I'm questioning how SB noticed she had left 2 players out of a reads list after 40 minutes when no one else posted. One explanation is that it was mentioned in the scum PT by someone who was not mentioned. I don't think it's that important, but it's an idea. It could have just as easily been mentioned by someone who was mentioned. My point was just to fight against the idea that someone mentioned that you would never forget to leave out a buddy (by suggesting that SB intended to put them in at the end and forgot about them).
alt of MURDERCAT
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:49 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3776, Zaiden wrote:
In post 3658, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3646, MURDERSUNNY wrote:40 minutes pass but no one else posted in the main thread.
Okay yeah actually this DOES make PI look worse imo
The person who ended up being the fluke did have this correction posted very quickly, and it was a scum-scum reader-readee situation so I’m like “hey that comes across as quite similar so maybe my mile-a-minute brain hit a chord here”
VOTE: PrivateI
Putting this here as an expression of my faith in this
What do these sequence of posts mean, if someone would be kind enough to explain. How does 40 minutes of no posting reflect badly on PrivateI? I'm not following here.

In post 3673, Noraa wrote:Thats not spicy and its a total vanity wagon that's literally not going to go thru in this game state regardless of if its on scum.
Something struck me when I saw Nora describe S_S's vote like this. Do people consider my vote on MariaR a vanity wagon and if so, why? I'm surprised to see so many townreads on MariaR. I guess from your perspectives, if she drops something you all considered a town tell that would make sense. From my perspective, a lot of stuff doesn't add up. Still working on the case that balances the likelihood of town/scum for MariaR. I'll set myself a deadline of this Friday to release it so stay tuned. I truly believe votes for PB/MS are vanity/anti-town right now. But that's because they literally have discernable + concrete contributions D1 that form the basis behind consensus townreads - which MariaR utterly lacks.

To add to the discussion on S_S that MariaR has been pushing. Something_Smart's vote onto Spring Breeze was quite quick and opportunistic - considering they had been on Cakez the whole time. But my thought goes and I agree with Cakez here, if Something_Smart is scum, might they hesitate a bit before committing to the Spring Breeze wagon to see if the situation could be salvaged rather than instantly placing down the vote? I don't know Something_Smart as a person/player so I can't comment on this.

But I'd be surprised if they made the quick decision to abandon their buddy and fit in as opposed to waiting things out a bit - since their vote came down extremely quickly without putting up any formalities. Whereas MariaR literally slammed down her vote as the hammer without any explanation when everything looked doom despite posturing Spring Breeze as obv town earlier. What I do know is that if there is scum between S_S and MariaR there can only be one. And in this instance I'm definitely leaning towards MariaR here and my guess is that she's scum with an ability related to casting a hammering vote.

Additionally. I'm not actually sure PrivateI's flip would solve much about the game. Or at least more about it compared to MariaR. Their interactions with people were generally limited and even if they flipped town/scum I'm not sure it really tells us who else is town/scum. Unless I've missed something here. Whereas I feel MariaR's flip would tell us more about the game since she's inextricably linked to more people in terms of direct interactions.

basically if i understeand, PI posted as if he made a stream of conciousness rectification, but it's been 40 mins since he made the post

did i get it right?

pedit : oh well, rip
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:51 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

In post 3777, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think the fact I'm voting for Monty given that should show I'm acting in good faith? Like, if Monty flips town I end up in a bad spot that I'm willing to take because I believe the idea I have enough to stake my life on being wrong
So why is your way of looking at it to view it as me being scummy for pushing it? I'm not saying it's a thing scum do exclusively with scum, in fact I presume I was added because I am limbait this game and it makes me look worse.
Ok fair enough. Why do you think you are limbait this game?
alt of MURDERCAT
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3780, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3769, Gypyx wrote:
In post 3764, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3753, Noraa wrote:I won't waste my time on pink ball anymore tho. I'll forget the linking and I believe that if scum, it'll show through eventually.
In post 3756, Noraa wrote:It's funny. Now that I don't SR pb, I feel like I have no SRs. But a moment ago I felt like I SRed the whole plist. My brain is funny.
town posts
agree with the second but not the first, can u explain why?
Because a scum tactic is to just keep tunneling and tunneling on one person. It gives you an excuse to not interact with other people.
Noraa breaking it off is a town sign.
i mean, could be just as well noraa realizing that she can't manipulate the game while locked on PB right?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The game got out-of-hand lengthwise and I couldn't really effectively address concerns directed my way early and I ended up making a bad first impression
<Embrace The Void>

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Jingle »

Okay, so, contextually the first one was a throwaway comment on page three and SB's second post ITT. Given that murder made an alt and avatar for this game particularly, I feel like that one can be taken at face value.

The second one came when SB was first coming under pressure from Cheet. Interestingly, murder was largely absent before hand and came in with a flurry of townposting not long afterwards. Either way, it seems to have served the purpose of distracting the thread away from SB for a time, and I'm not sure that it's impossible that it was a planned intervention on Murder's part. It's definitely the strongest argument of your three, but I'm not sure I believe it.

The third was when SB had already claimed and looked largely political to me, both then and now. I don't think it's farfetched at all to put MurderScumBuddy at the top of that list, simply because Murder was fairly UTR. I did notice while looking at that post that she gave roughly the same reasoning for Murder town and Pooky town and Murder was a higher place on the list, and that top four were the only people really considering letting her off (Cheet was getting cold feet and Murder was poking Pooky to explain his defense better).
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Jingle »

That was @Gypyx's towncase, I walked away and didn't read anything when there was a shitton of PEdits.
This is a Parachute.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Gypyx »

that's fair, those were not the best points anyways upon re-reading lol

thanks for taking the time to answer

bottom text
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 3771, MURDERSUNNY wrote:That wasn't a very good town case and if you want a real one I'll do it
Eh. I'm more concerned about how other people are reading you than you towncasing yourself. If the wagon takes off I'll take you up on that, though.
This is a Parachute.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:05 am

Post by PrivateI »

I'm a compulsive fruit vendor--again, very sorry. Are we claiming fruit varieties? Does it matter at this point? My target was SPF, a factor I'm well aware doesn't work in my favour.

Cephrir, on my team, is very very very convinced that Gypyx is town. He yells about it quite often. Do with that what you will. He also notes that after I flip town, he will be quite upset with you if you politely ask MurderSunny to leave, whom he believes is overly transparently town. I'm not as sold on that, but I'll take it.

I did ask UT privately, and he said that my inventory should have said Newhaven Peach, so this crisis has been averted.

I'm gonna give you what Ceph has for a tentative readlist, since I'm like...unable to fully catch up rn. And if you know a guy or gal willing to come fix Internet, I would appreciate their services in my home.

Murder Sunny--as town as town could possibly be, could not be anything other than town, any dissenters should be fined.
Gypyx--Similarly town. If Gypyx came up to you and you didn't say "hey that's a townie" Ceph believes you're woefully misguided, but still have time to turn away from your wicked ways.
Noraa--Ceph believes Noraa is probably town, just with extremely bad instincts this game.
Zaiden--Null, no read.
Pink Ball--Probably town, and Ceph notes that folks who are pushing them for...almost single-handedly eliminating scum D1? are not doing helpful things.
Jingle--Leanscum, Ceph used the phrase "performative towniness" when describing Jingle.
Something_Smart--Leantown, but I don't see the reasons why. I agree based on what I've seen, but can't get into my notes to say more at this time.
Maria--Leanscum
Pooky--ceph said he wants to know more about your absence. admittedly, many want to know more about my absence, so I'm not too hung up on it. Personally, I have Pooky as null.
SirCakez--Ceph has you as null, but only because of his many other scumreads. I still have Cakez as leaning scum.
Morning Tweet--Null, Ceph says you say a lot without saying much, but I also have liked your posts so far.
Jake--Town
Gamma--Scum, one of Ceph's most certain negative reads. In particular, he noted Gamma's tendency to overexplain things...including Gamma's most recent vote on me.
MWB--"Town, I guess"
Cheetory--Null
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:07 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

UNVOTE:

Now we wait for PB case?
alt of MURDERCAT
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Jingle »

That's about what I'd expect from Ceph, tbh.

Interesting he's reading Cheet as null though.
This is a Parachute.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3792, Jingle wrote:That's about what I'd expect from Ceph, tbh.

Interesting he's reading Cheet as null though.
it's a good look for PI then?

bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Cephrir clearly knows nothing about me lol
I tend to overexplain a lot in real life and that bleeds into my mafia play
It’s especially bad when I’m trying to set context, such as for my offsite meta point
<Embrace The Void>

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I find it hard to believe that Ceph is reading this game and thinks I'm null.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Jingle »

Hard to say. Ceph is certainly capable of faking a reads wall.

It's why I dislike the wagon so much. I don't think there's a good argument for it either way and it doesn't seem like it's going to give us anything to work with regardless of the flip.
This is a Parachute.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Like at the very least he should have thoughts there given that I'm pretty sure that I would be the player he has most experience with in this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3798 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3760, Gypyx wrote:putting your scumbuddy on top of your townreads would be a pretty fucking ballsy move i'd say
This was part of my reasoning, actually; most of SB's townreads were high posters. Murder was the exception, which makes me think that maybe she wanted to put a partner high up for WIFOM even if she didn't have solid logic on it.

(The other people who are noticeably out-of-place are Jingle and midwaybear, who I've also suspected for various reasons, though I've been liking Jingle more recently.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3799 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3767, MURDERSUNNY wrote:I'm town and won't be flipped so don't bother
Where have I heard this one before...
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”