Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:22 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1522, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Here's another thing I want to bring up. Who do you think are the most thoughtful, in the "puts a lot of thought into things" sense, players in the playerlist? NOT the best or most skilled or whatever else. Also, you can't say me. Anyone can answer. Everyone can answer. I'm looking for something.
Definitely Unwnd, Imperium and you
I don't think anyone else is even close
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1523, SirCakez wrote:I can't really do this until postgame or you flip because I won't know how sincere all this is or if you're scum playing mind games
That's why I just want to move forwards
You shouldn't need to townread me in order to read my posts and respond thoughtfully. Reading the posts of the person you're scumreading is how you turn a bad read to a good one.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Imperium »

Today is a day of celebration. My quarantine ends today, and for the first time in three weeks I can actually leave my house tomorrow.

I'm so giddy about this.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:43 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1519, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:unwnd didn't scumread Duchess until nearly the very end of Day 1, partially due to not being here until then.
This is very wrong, I called Duchess scum like the 2nd or 3rd post after I replaced in
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:43 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 233, unwnd wrote:Good news I am town

Bad news I may need a minute to not be tilted about TM
In post 254, unwnd wrote:I think if you shoot Duchess it flips scum

This is not a formatted post, nor something more in line with my style. This is a quickdraw game so I don't mind breaking the mold and just firing off my reads
What do you know, it was my 2nd
Stop
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:23 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

It was your second post, yes. I don't seem to recall claiming otherwise. Perhaps you could point that out to me.

As I said in the very sentence you quoted, you weren't really here before that read... Did you read that part? No? Hmmm.

Also, as I said in the post where I corrected myself, I had gotten the timeline wrong and it was a couple days before nearly-the-end-of-Day-1.

You were so quick to defend yourself here that you didn't even check to see if your correction even contradicted what I said.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:24 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Oh. And it just occurred to me. Given I was speaking to Cakez about people who initially scumread Duchess, specifically the /first two/ in fact, I can't imagine why you'd feel the need to defend yourself at all here.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:27 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1530, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:before nearly-the-end-of-Day-1.
I don't think that's true still, RLotus got the gun around ~#750-800 post mark, and that was like the 200th something post. Also accounting for actual IRL days, I made that post 48 hours prior to RLotus receiving a gun lol
Stop
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:32 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Apologies. My memory was of Day 1 being much longer than it was. Three days! That's absurd. So you were in the first half of the Dayphase still there.

Regardless, you scumread Duchess MUCH later than Wheme and Lotus -- again, because you were not even here.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:34 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

That's messing with me. THREE DAYS. I thought it was 5 -- still absurdly short, but way better than what we got...
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:35 am

Post by unwnd »

The contrasting difference between me and Wheme is that Wheme did nothing with his scumread despite having it, while I gave my reasoning as to why Duchess was scum and even entertained them at face value
Stop
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:47 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Hello im glad duchess got shot

i dont see how duchess scum points to me being scum can some1 help me with that
Im a dog that quacks
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:47 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1534, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:That's messing with me. THREE DAYS. I thought it was 5 -- still absurdly short, but way better than what we got...
Not as bad as those large themes Shea runs where everyone is a dayvig lol
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:47 am

Post by WhemeStar »

unless you think i was hard bussing since page 2
Im a dog that quacks
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:49 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1536, WhemeStar wrote:Hello im glad duchess got shot

i dont see how duchess scum points to me being scum can some1 help me with that
No I just think your ISO is terrible
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:24 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 1535, unwnd wrote:The contrasting difference between me and Wheme is that Wheme did nothing with his scumread despite having it, while I gave my reasoning as to why Duchess was scum and even entertained them at face value
This is not what I asked Cakez though. I asked Cakez who he thought, without checking, scumread Duchess first. I did not ask him who did what with a scumread.

You seem to be stuck in your own personal interpretation of what I was looking for, and you seem to think that it is somehow wrong, and that it being wrong is somehow important. None of these things are based on anything I have said or done. If you can prove me wrong, I encourage you to. But I wouldn't waste your time: I know what I asked. More importantly, I know why I asked it and what I meant to get out of it. You do not know those things, because I have not shared them.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:26 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

For what it's worth, I think there was some hard bussing from an early stage going on, but I don't think it was Wheme bussing Duchess.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:50 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Well I was wrong

Unwnd why did your read on me change to null?

Also maybe I'm biased but I think the way some people were pushing Duchess felt unnatural/TMI, especially early on before rtlotus got the gun, I just don't think they were that easy to pick out and then they flipped godfather

I didn't know wheme has pushed duchess, that was interested from mush, I thought unwnd was one of the first
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1525, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1522, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Here's another thing I want to bring up. Who do you think are the most thoughtful, in the "puts a lot of thought into things" sense, players in the playerlist? NOT the best or most skilled or whatever else. Also, you can't say me. Anyone can answer. Everyone can answer. I'm looking for something.
Definitely Unwnd, Imperium and you
I don't think anyone else is even close
STT?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by petapan »

i don't scumread imperium
free crypto
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1542, Dunnstral wrote:Well I was wrong

Also maybe I'm biased but I think the way some people were pushing Duchess felt unnatural/TMI, especially early on before rtlotus got the gun, I just don't think they were that easy to pick out and then they flipped godfather

I didn't know wheme has pushed duchess, that was interested from mush, I thought unwnd was one of the first
Who are these people?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by petapan »

this is going to sound fucking terrible but as i was reading yesterday, i thought the way imperium is plying they're going to get vengekilled for sure if they're town, so i decided to gambit and bullshit a scumread on them because if scum buy that i'm hardtunneling them maybe they don't get venged, i figured they wouldn't get shot by rlotus ever but just to be safe i was like "shoot norfolk first every time", that's why i was so insistent on that order that they got on my case hardcore about, it was because i didn't actually want them shot. they came back at me so hard i actually panicked a little and talked myself into think they were scum for a bit but at some point i realized i was being a fucking idiot and tammy is obvtown, but i might as well keep it up for the sake of the gambit (and, honestly, this is terrible to admit but i felt like if i backed down there i might actually get shot). you can see how eventually i stopped attacking them at all and was basically only making arguments in self-defense and even trying to disengage entirely, because i was bluffing my read the whole time but didn't want to keep forcing arguments i didn't actually believe in. (i did get legit pissed at the BoP thing though, sorry, but that felt like it was entirely in relation to my read on them and nothing else). the whole idea was the make sure they don't get venged for the sake of an easy game and that's why i pushed them, i know it's stupid but that was my big brain plan
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by petapan »

anyway if you want real scum look at how STT was trying to set up a dichotomy between imperium/cakez and then later shifted it to imperium/me, that shit is skeevy as fuck
free crypto
ScrewTheTells
ScrewTheTells
Goon
ScrewTheTells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by ScrewTheTells »

Okay so I was very wrong about MUSH being scummy. Sorry MUSH. :/ At least Duchess flipped scum, otherwise I'd think I'm probably hopeless this game.

Imperium, where is your definitive argument on why peta is scum? I just kinda expected that you would have finished that write-up while we waited for Day 3. I mean if it's still not presentable now I don't know why you expected to write it before ending Day 2.
In post 1474, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I think there's a chance of this also being positioning for a deepwolf that I townread.
Does that even work in this set up? As soon as you misfire the gun goes to a different person, messing up the deep wolf positioning. Seems to me like we shouldn't be paranoid about our town reads if we get the gun. Worry more about the scumreads.

I mean if there were such a deepwolf angle on you, it would undoubtedly be Imperium right? But I actually don't think that would be a consideration for scum-Imperium. Let me elaborate that in my response to your question:
In post 1510, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:STT? Give me a towncase on Imperium. Yes, I know you scumread them, that's why I want your towncase specifically. Think about it and you'll get the point of this request.
Yeah actually I'm less confident about my previous scumreads on Imperium. I mean by order on my town-to-scum list they're probably still in the range of being scum, but probably just barely hovering around that line. One of the things I was suspecting was that one of you (Mush and Imperium) was trying to buddy up to the other, 'cause it seemed all too in sync. But though it's still possible, that probability is lowered now with a confirmed MUSH. It's still possible that Imperium is the ass-kissing scum, but then I wouldn't expect them to give you the gun this early. To do the deepwolf play they'd want you to get the gun later in the game, when people run out of other targets and start looking hard at Imperium. Then their buddying-up will pay off and convince you to make that final misfire. Giving you the gun now would mean wasting all their buddying-up investment as soon as you misfire. And scum would want you to misfire ASAP...so they can't both have their cake and eat it too.

In general I have to re-calibrate the weight of my previous reasons for suspecting Imperium now that I know I was wrong about MUSH. The most convincing reason to see Imperium as town is that their reactions, their emotions, seem genuine. They put a lot of effort into asking people questions to find out whatever info they need. They are not shy about putting themselves in the spotlight. When I called them scum it didn't deter them from their initiative, so it's either good town or scum trying to redirect. They're super hyped about their case on petapan in a way that seems town-like. I mean if I had a good reason to think someone is scum, as they say they do, I believe I'd act the same way (although, unwnd noted that they believe Imperium was capable of faking this conviction so....but then again how much should I weigh unwnd's words? I don't have a good reason to).

Anyway there was this other thing from Unwnd:
In post 1501, unwnd wrote:I stand by what I said of peta earlier, the reasons you're trudging about are not alignment indicative. I think peta is genuinely annoyed/frustrated at your BoP angle, which even in the event of them being scum will make him less cooperative
I think this is the 2nd time you've mentioned the thing about "even if petapan is scum, your play is bad because it makes him uncooperative". How does this work? I don't understand because you can never trust scum to cooperate with you anyway, it's not like if we are nice to them they give us more chances to win. I don't understand this reasoning from a town perspective.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1545, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1542, Dunnstral wrote:Well I was wrong

Who are these people?
I don't know... do you have thoughts?

I was thinkign unwnd from early

Return to “Completed Open Games”