Mini Theme 2182 - Legends of the Hidden Temple III - Over!

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #56 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 31, notscience wrote:QUACK
the worst alt confirmed.
In post 43, xRECKONERx wrote:i'm town af this game sorry bout it scumbags
Ok snake.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by AGar »

Ok, one, jesus fuck there's 17 pages.

Two, lol@page4 challenge

Three, christ half of this shit is useless nonsense.
In post 236, Noraa wrote:But yeah this play is a huge gambit if he is scum and I'm not sure scum!pooky willingly puts himself on the chopping block just like that.
Why not? It's not actually as big of a gambit as people are making it out to be.

@Pooky
How much playing experience do you have with Noraa and Gamma, specifically?
In post 238, Gamma Emerald wrote:Just take the fucking townread goddamn it!!!!!!
In post 239, Gamma Emerald wrote:You bitch and moan about how I read you wrong and yet when I townread you you attack me. And I find it ridiculous you think I can’t find you obvtown when you yourself boast about your towniness at every turn. You’re not genuinely interacting with me, you’re being contrarian!!!!!!!!
These posts are weird. Gamma's entire reaction to Noraa pushing back on a townread is very weird.

Self-vote in . Tech. When the fuck did AtE self-votes become meta? God dammit.

@VPB
what's with the insistence on trying to get Reck/UT to parse each other in particular?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 421, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 397, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 394, Untrod Tripod wrote:Wild notion, but 46% of the posts this game are from noraa and gamma so how about the two of you chill out and let some other people talk instead of suffocating the game?
me gamma noraa baltar take a time out and let the other 8 people talk for a day or two ok?

I'm down for that

Baltar Noraa Gamma?
In post 408, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’ll try to avoid posting but I don’t want to get prodded
But yeah I’ll keep it down. I do kinda wanna have highest post count for the time I’m alive though.
Let’s note MY pair was immediately willing to comply but VP and Noraa weren’t. I think that’s an indication of who REALLY cares about keeping traction in this situation.
I mean this is a garbage concept, and thinking that not threadshitting means not posting at all is a hell of an equivalency.

Like we have to yeet one of you four, thus, it is kind of necessary that you four participate. Just stop threadshitting with petty arguments. Seems simple enough.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 424, notscience wrote:What didn’t you like about gammas reaction agar
The whole insistence that Noraa accept his Day 1 Page, like, 5? townread on her, like if she pushed back it invalidated that he felt she was town or something, and then getting very personal when it was pushed back on and it wasn't centered on the fact that she was scumreading him. It was a lot of words about someone not trusting a townread, which felt very off. At this point I lean a decent bit town on Noraa based on the whole exchange, and Gamma's insistence on the townread to the point of a self-vote feels very fucking weird.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:50 am

Post by AGar »

Can we not with the whole "the 4 who are eligible for yeeting are dipping out of the thread" thing? Again, y'all can be present and interact and, y'know, help us figure out who's where without just shitting up the thread.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:38 am

Post by AGar »

In post 442, Gamma Emerald wrote:3/4 of us have a large share of the posts though. Plus it would just be nice to hear everyone else’s thoughts for a change?
Right, hence the "hey don't threadshit but also don't disappear."
In post 443, VP Baltar wrote:Here is a new take from me: I think Reck might be scum here. Tinfoil hat says he knows too much about gamma's alignment.
Oh? Off the drunk note to self or something more?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 479, Untrod Tripod wrote:SirCakez
lilith2013
Starbuck
AGar
xRECKONERx
notscience
The Bulge

^ this list of people

what are your reads on the players on the table right now? how about the 8 of us talk about this. we don't need to talk about anyone who you can't vote for today. that will clutter this up and distract. just the people on the table.
Townlean Noraa. (posts like , ). I don't love the reasoning for townPooky she gives in and still want a follow up on why, but I don't find that scummy.

Scumlean GE. I really really hate his insistence that the 4 up for yeeting shut up because it creates a situation where 8 of us talk to each other about 4 people who are interacting in a limited way and then with PTs and daytalk allows for a lot of lurking and coordination. I still find his whole thing about Noraa pushing back on a townread from him very very awkward and just there's a thing about it that doesn't sit right with me - it's setting off gut pangs.

Null on VPB and Pooky for two different reasons.

VPB's early posting was kinda fluffy but the game was generally trash so it didn't feel like there was anything he was particularly dodging. Lately he's been mostly :goodposting:. I don't love the deal made, but that's just me in general and tbf I'm not a party to that so whatever. If we come to a point where it's suddenly obvious Noraa or VPB is scum and we can't get the other to vote to yeet because of a dumb deal, we'll burn that bridge then.

Pooky's early challenge set off a few gambit bells with me but then his follow up has been... the opposite of what I would call smart scum posting if he was gambitting.
In post 509, VP Baltar wrote:How about this: how many people who are not in the challenge are using their PTs to talk about the game?
Not really right now. I will likely spew some shit in there later because I find the PT useful in spots generally.
In post 515, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:2) Ok then propose a logical reason for why anyone would hide something in the PT that they are not sharing with the rest of us.
The same reason any neighborhood is worthwhile - you can discuss stuff in a limited one on one environment to bounce shit off of someone, a second set of eyes - you don't have to trust them 100% but it can help shit out. You can ask your partner their direct opinion on a topic to get a read on them. You can just work through thoughts. Plenty of people keep notes PTs. It's at worst a notes PT with another voice in there. Besides, if your partner is keeping secrets in the PT you feel should be shared with the town... you can just fucking share that info and put that badge on your partner.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 577, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 519, AGar wrote:Townlean Noraa. (posts like 147, 232). I don't love the reasoning for townPooky she gives in 236 and still want a follow up on why, but I don't find that scummy.
What about 147 and 232 was towny?
147 felt like a genuine, logical justification for using the PT, didn't feel feigned or too concerned. Would expect scum using their PT to more fervently defend their usage than just "Meh whatever, I feel like I'll be able to read them."

232's attempt at diving in and solving and not just trying to limit it to the four who are up to be yeeted right now and engaging in all directions, when it would probably behoove scum in the yeet pool to limit their interactions to those within the pool at this point. (This is, offhand, why I don't love the attempts to get those 4 to shut up and let the rest of us carry on posting)

Anyway, let's cook a little bit more.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 591, Gamma Emerald wrote:Holy shit, way to only think about yourselves.
I put you at 5. Calm down.

You've had plenty of time that you could have put something forward and yet you have yet to do it - you keep delaying for no apparent reason. Just post it.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 589, notscience wrote:Literally anyone if it puts this day out of its misery.
Wanna rank the four up to be yeeted of who you think is most likely to flip scum to who is least likely for me?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 594, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was giving the thread a chance to breathe, sorry you didn’t get the memo scum.
I've been imploring all four of you to give valuable content if you have it. Sorry you haven't bothered to read, scum.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by AGar »

Small break in cookie baking.
In post 888, Noraa wrote:
In post 887, The Bulge wrote:because?
u really think 4 entire people didn't read the OP?
I do think it was a forced town slip.
I mean either it's a slip or it's fabricated. Don't straddle a fence there. You can't "force" a legitimate slip.
In post 894, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, to go back to why I'm voting Pooky, we have 2 people not wanting to vote VP despite finding him suspicious. As such I now have to get 7/9 people to vote there, with multiple having expressed disinterest there outside the UT/Reck pair as well iirc. So like, it's not fucking happening, on a mathematical level.
Reck and who? You keep saying this and I'm assuming you mean UT and UT has repeatedly said he doesn't?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 899, Gamma Emerald wrote:He says it's "weak, and therefore useless"
I disagree with that sentiment, but he essentially is unwilling to vote VP despite having scum feelings from him
Honestly thinking about it UT's perspective here reeks of scum motivation, he's not scumhunting, just pushing people who look bad
idk saying a read is "weak, and therefore useless" to me reads that the person doesn't have convictions in that read so it's not really a solid read.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:40 am

Post by AGar »

In post 904, Gamma Emerald wrote:would it not do to shore that read up though? It's the same issue I brought up regarding baltar where the solving is not present imo
It does not strike me as odd. It's Day 1. He clearly doesn't see it as a priority.
In post 906, Untrod Tripod wrote:AGar, why the Gamma vote?
Of the four, I find Gamma's sustained behavior most likely to come from scum. I could see an argument for Pooky gambitting with the autochallenge, but the followup hasn't given me those vibes. VPB has been, to me, the most logically consistent all throughout. Noraa I still get townvibes from overall. Haven't loved recent posting, but most of it I can chalk up to some level of frustration. A little concerned about VPB's statement of inconsistencies between PT and this thread, and there's been some recent alarm bells, but I'm not close to switching.

In post 911, Noraa wrote:
In post 909, VP Baltar wrote:My gut says gamma is more scummy overall, but if we do have a four town situation, I think Noraa is less utility because I don't read Cakez as scum at all right now and she seems keyed up to auto challenge him.
Kinda rude for u to say that. ur basically just justifying a vote on me as a Pl and *assuming* all 4 are town.

Ur like gamma is scummier but Noraa is more negative utility to town. Hence justifying ur vote on both largest wagons of the day.

Maybe I can see
Vp/Notsci/Cake/__
I loathe this post. I hate the intentional misconstruing of 909, and the attempt at a solve that follows.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:25 am

Post by AGar »

Shamless prod dodge. Will get caught up tonight (hopefully) or tomorrow AM. Apologies for my relative absence since Thursday night.

For now, have an explanation in the form of a picture:
Spoiler:

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 946, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 943, AGar wrote:Of the four, I find Gamma's sustained behavior most likely to come from scum
okay but I don't think it's gonna happen
What convinces you Gamma *shouldn't* eat the yeet?

@VPB
The shift in & is throwing me a bit of a loop - care to help me out here? 953 seems to insinuate you would like a Gamma yeet but the vote 2 posts later obviously strays in a different direction.

seems to miss the entire point of what UT brought up in wrt reading other players. I'm unsurprised.

Narrator: He did, in fact, misremember.

@Reck
re: - Pooky's challenge was anti-town but do you see anything in the followup to indicate scum? Or are you just finding the pool largely homogenous and that's enough to sort out among the four?
In post 1011, Starbuck wrote:If you're not sharing, this picture means nothing to me.
For just a short drive down to St. Yeet, you too could have some of these delicious cookies.

And in , we can see the wild scum circle back to the very thing that was brought up in , oblivious to the fact itself.

bad, ignores basic common sense.

re:

1. Gamma
2. Pooky
3. Noraa
4. VPB

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1059, notscience wrote:Just checking in to remind everyone that Noraa is town and we should vote out the guy who put us in a four town lolchallenge thanks
Feels like you could've pushed harder on this than "oh let's just yeet any of these four IDGAF"

---
Bye noraa.
---
In post 1080, Untrod Tripod wrote:his read on what was going on yesterday was better than mine so I think he probably has a better handle on what's going on than I do

the high degree of confidence he had in his read(s) could be because he's scum, but I'm choosing to believe that it's because he has better reads than I do at this time
This feels like an odd turn from yesterday where you felt fairly confident and willing to take a driver's seat. You had one wrong read and you're willing to do a complete 180?
In post 1093, The Bulge wrote:I don't think I'd want to see the iguanas in another challenge. definitely not any time soon.
Por que no?
In post 1100, lilith2013 wrote:For example, Agar called noraa towny for her argument with gamma when they were getting equally emotional and imo the argument should have been NAI for both sides, and as a result of that basically crossed her off his elimination list. What difference were you seeing there that made you think noraa was town but not gamma? (@agar)
I townread noraa based off of tone/motivation. I said nothing about her side of the argument being towny, and I also already told you exactly what I did find town about her early in the game, none of which had to do with her argument. I thought the argument was dumb and toxic, but I thought the thing that sparked it - GE's whinging over her reaction to a
townread
- was drawing at straws to try and just be saying something about the four up for the yeet. Everything after the initial volley of posts was pretty unindicative of anything, with a slight undertone of "GE is still protesting this way too much," and didn't really color my reads at all.

GE is still scum y'all.
One of UT or Reck has it over on the other. Book it.
Notty's nibbling a lot and picking on post counts and justifying it with "gut". Fucking lol.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1105, notscience wrote:agar I literally was saying for days it was four town. Several people scum read me for it.

ANd at first I was frustrated I had no time to think. Then i started towmreadimg all of them and got annoyed
Yes but you decided to not even put any effort into "they're all town but we should yeet Pooky because of this dumb challenge" because... why? Like you voted him and you traded barbs, but you waited until right before the self-hammer to actually appeal to anyone else that we should yeet Pooky.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by AGar »

I feel like this game is about 50/50 on meta cases. Yeah, you're gonna get shouted down by UT/Reck and myself to a lesser extent, but that feels like a weak as shit reason to not pursue.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1114, notscience wrote:The best way to explain it is pretend I’m a vegan

I know me telling people to become a vegan because they’re killing animals and I’m so great will get me nowhere

So I don’t

Ninja-
I don’t know Lilith or starbuck

I know you three will shoot it down

Bulge will half listen bc he is used to me but agrees with you three

Cakez? Meh. I haven’t interacted with him much in any capacity

And the rest were directly involved in it all.
So how did you come about on Pooky and VPB likely being town? Since you singled out GE and Noraa were meta reads?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:38 am

Post by AGar »

Quote striping like it's 2011 in here because I don't feel like @ing and formatting BBcode rn.
In post 1122, notscience wrote:@Agar- anti town more likely comes from town for Pooky
I'm sorry hwat?
In post 1123, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1121, notscience wrote:
In post 1119, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1105, notscience wrote:agar I literally was saying for days it was four town. Several people scum read me for it.

ANd at first I was frustrated I had no time to think. Then i started towmreadimg all of them and got annoyed
mmm I don't think so

Go on?
the four town argument I think is wrong
What benefit do you see to scum angling to push a four-town mindset if there's a scumbag in there?
In post 1137, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1126, VP Baltar wrote:Also, why say that about me, but not pooky, who I don't think has even posted any content this phase?
i thought people were tired of me posting shit and wanted me to shut up tbh
Imagine misreading the room this bad.

Imagine.
In post 1128, notscience wrote:Show me where I’m shirking responsibility for it and not chastising Pooky.
Chastising Pooky about his play isn't not shirking responsibility though. You did fuckall to try and at least move the town towards the player you felt was acting most detrimental, if you truly feel all four in the pool were town, and you've hid behind "Well like three of you would've for sure shot me down because I townread two players because of meta" which is a charmin level defense for not making any real attempt to even sell anyone on Pookie.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1148 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1143, xRECKONERx wrote:agar are you scum bro
Nah. :(
In post 1144, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1142, AGar wrote:What benefit do you see to scum angling to push a four-town mindset if there's a scumbag in there?
this seems really obvious no?
plant the idea of scum as town
like scum 101
The counter point is it's a pretty low reward play (you might keep one of your scumbuddies out of a yeet pool for a bit, you maybe get a bit of towncred) with a lot of opportunity to backfire if one of them flips scum and is linked back to the person pushing it and even if they aren't they lose any potential gains as soon as that one flips. Unless you think notty's mild attempts to persuade others that all four were town will prevent any of them from ending up back in a challenge. I don't see it as a good play from Notty to try and save a scumbuddy there.
In post 1145, notscience wrote:Agar we had two separate players in the pool talk about auto challenging.
What is this specifically in regards to? I'm actually not following here. If this is in response to my "hwat" comment, I want to know why you think Pookie's anti-town actions are a town indicator for him. This doesn't seem to really help with that unless I'm missing something.
In post 1145, notscience wrote:And yeah, I didn’t go “yes this guy is town but he’s an asshole who was anti town so elim him” because I have zero desire to try and confidently shove a miselim. Look at me yesterday- I was originally content to hammer anyone but after I realized it was four town I couldn’t bring myself to hammer her. I lead elims on scum, not on town.
If you think all four are town, and those are the only four up for a yeet, you should be angling to actually get the one you suspect is most dangerous to get yeeted, not hide behind "I lead elims on scum, not town" and "no one would listen to me because meta."

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (isolation #22) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1165, VP Baltar wrote:AGar, you already say today who you think should be in the challenge arena?
Nah, but I've also been operating under the assumption that one of Cakez/Notty is gonna challenge me. I'd prefer Notty or GE in the arena to tango with.
In post 1167, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1148, AGar wrote:The counter point is it's a pretty low reward play (you might keep one of your scumbuddies out of a yeet pool for a bit, you maybe get a bit of towncred) with a lot of opportunity to backfire if one of them flips scum and is linked back to the person pushing it and even if they aren't they lose any potential gains as soon as that one flips. Unless you think notty's mild attempts to persuade others that all four were town will prevent any of them from ending up back in a challenge. I don't see it as a good play from Notty to try and save a scumbuddy there.
but it gives him a pass to not have to bus
This feels like a weaker justification, but ok.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (isolation #23) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1174, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1172, AGar wrote:Nah, but I've also been operating under the assumption that one of Cakez/Notty is gonna challenge me. I'd prefer Notty or GE in the arena to tango with.
We all have control over this.
I mean, people have wanted me in the spotlight so I'm fine with that. Like I said, bringing in Notty or GE would be preferable to me.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1176, VP Baltar wrote:What do you think of lillith Agar?
Mostly null rn due to a lack of real interaction. Her latest stuff has been probing at me, trying to get a handle on intention there.
In post 1177, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1101, AGar wrote:I townread noraa based off of tone/motivation. I said nothing about her side of the argument being towny, and I also already told you exactly what I did find town about her early in the game, none of which had to do with her argument. I thought the argument was dumb and toxic, but I thought the thing that sparked it - GE's whinging over her reaction to a
townread
- was drawing at straws to try and just be saying something about the four up for the yeet. Everything after the initial volley of posts was pretty unindicative of anything, with a slight undertone of "GE is still protesting this way too much," and didn't really color my reads at all.
is this not referring to her posts during her argument with gamma?
In post 426, AGar wrote:At this point I lean a decent bit town on Noraa based on the whole exchange, and Gamma's insistence on the townread to the point of a self-vote feels very fucking weird.
If you didn't mean that her posts were towny, then what about "the whole exchange" was towny to you?
That was more of a vibe off of the way GE approached it - didn't feel like scum theater, but his posting gave me all sorts of vibes of "This ain't right." Felt like he was trying to use her to springboard some activity for himself that was not committed to getting his hands dirty with a misyeet but also he knew it was someone who would take bait on bickering.
In post 1177, lilith2013 wrote:Your repeated "Noraa's posts haven't been that great" but hand-waving it away as "chalking up to frustration" also seem pretty TMI in retrospect.
I said once, late in the day phase where the game had stalled out, that I didn't love her recent posting, and chalked it up to frustration based on the fact that I could see the mindset. I had the townread prior - the frustration assumption was based on the fact that none of those posts swayed me enough to shift to a scumread.

I don't feel like any of this was particularly masked.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1186 (isolation #25) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:22 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1185, VP Baltar wrote:I'd like to hear from each of the four about who should be yeeted and the bullet point case supporting that.
And I'd like a job that wasn't trying to crush my soul and didn't have me working until 10 PM last night but I'll just keep on wishing.

Non-snark: I have no grasp on Starbuck, limited interaction with Lillith and need to actually put time into reading Cakez. Cakez has literally more posts than the rest of us combined. (equal once I press submit I think).

I'll be limited access this weekend until Sunday - should be able to check in tonight and tomorrow, but via phone so not gonna be able to do those things right away.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1208 (isolation #26) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:21 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1192, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1101, AGar wrote:
In post 1093, The Bulge wrote:I don't think I'd want to see the iguanas in another challenge. definitely not any time soon.
Por que no?
what would we learn? if they show up in a later challenge then so be it, great if there's scum there. but there is a whole team to find and we have already had a tonne of analyzable content from those two slots, so no I don't think that would have been smart townplay in the least bit.
Just because those two are back in it doesn't mean it also has to be VPB. Putting them up against another team where you suspect there to be scum could be a way of gleaning who's gonna fall where, but it's not that big of a deal for me.
In post 1198, VP Baltar wrote:Cakez, hit me with that speed reader AGar case.
[whisper]he doesn't really have one[/whisper]

@VPB
I'd give you bullet points, but there's not enough between the four of us to really do that. Cakez's iso is just floating shit out softly and abandoning things that don't take. Starbuck is... a player? Haven't used our PT for much beyond some memes and shenanigans. Partially on me, as I stupidly forgot "no scum nightkill" means "no night phase" and was looking forward to a brief respite from this thread to organize thoughts and try to engage 1-on-1.

I most want to yeet Lillith. Her prodding feels artificial, she seems like she's just latching on to wanting to yeet me so as not to have to engage with Cakez, and her ISO is mostly just globbing on to whatever seems to be something she can echo at the time.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1257 (isolation #27) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by AGar »

Spent 11.5 hours and so far almost every waking minute staring at 600 acres worth of utility maps today. Going to go for a run to reset my brain/create a divide in the day for my own sanity, then I'll deal with some of the garbage in here, but boy do I have some fucking takes.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1261 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1209, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1208, AGar wrote:I most want to yeet Lillith. Her prodding feels artificial, she seems like she's just latching on to wanting to yeet me so as not to have to engage with Cakez, and her ISO is mostly just globbing on to whatever seems to be something she can echo at the time.
Talk about this? I feel like lilith’s content has been decent at least, for what little she had
I have yet to see anything showing original thought or effort from Lillith.
In post 1210, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1208, AGar wrote:I most want to yeet Lillith. Her prodding feels artificial, she seems like she's just latching on to wanting to yeet me so as not to have to engage with Cakez, and her ISO is mostly just globbing on to whatever seems to be something she can echo at the time.
this is a Bad Take, an Easy Yeet for Scum to Push and also Very Lazy

when you find me agreeing with Gamma, that's a take you can trust
In post 1214, Gamma Emerald wrote:On my part my issue with AGar is less that his lilith push is bad and more that he sussed all three of the other people in the pool.
Ok Boomer Take #1: Providing observations on a set of players when asked is not "sussing" or "shading" all of those players just because it does not feature a fucking glowing "this person is town omg!" review. Jesus fucking christ, I literally said that one of the players is "a player". The other I provided a candid observation with no fucking indication of a lean. I literally said I wanted to yeet one player in that post. One. Not two, not three.... I swear to christ reading comprehension cannot be this difficult.
In post 1217, notscience wrote:...it’s talking about agars push. He’s not going to push himself.
Well not with that attitude I won't.
In post 1223, notscience wrote:And honestly I struggle to remember what Lilith has done this game. Could just be on me, but I had no problem with UTs line of questioning there
This. Is. Fucking. Stellar.

Galaxy brain type shit.
In post 1230, notscience wrote:My point was and still is that it’s an easy push for agar to make. You’re saying she’s done stuff and I’m wrong- cool, whatever, I don’t remember it and am not really pushing the issue my main point is it’s a weak push from agar
Yes, the infamous "easy push" that has gotten all of *checks notes* 1 other vote and it would need 6 total. Marvelous play. I think y'all are confusing "easy push" with "push I don't like". Which, if y'all don't like it fine but say so and don't just hid behind "oh it's an easy push."

re:
See Boomer Take #1. Also your one point about questioning the townread is correct, and I misremembered exchanges with Notty post-Noraa/GE, but that's literally... *checks notes* your only contribution? Questioning a townread?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1263 (isolation #29) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1262, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1261, AGar wrote:Ok Boomer Take #1: Providing observations on a set of players when asked is not "sussing" or "shading" all of those players just because it does not feature a fucking glowing "this person is town omg!" review. Jesus fucking christ, I literally said that one of the players is "a player". The other I provided a candid observation with no fucking indication of a lean. I literally said I wanted to yeet one player in that post. One. Not two, not three.... I swear to christ reading comprehension cannot be this difficult.
How is what you described from Cakez not yeetworthy?
Because I've seen both alignments do it in my
long and storied
lengthy and pathetic career on this site? I don't find it indicative of anything - it's something he's doing and not only have a few people intimated that he has a habit along these lines regardless of what alignment he has, if he's doing it as scum, he needs either a hard shift from the town writ large to start picking up the things he's floating and running with or he'll need an entire playstyle shift to something more active.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (isolation #30) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1271, Gamma Emerald wrote:It’s a scummy way to play tho. How does “he’s floating shit across and seeing what sticks” not sound like a scum tactic? That’s a great way to avoid taking hard stances that might backfire Id think.
There's merit to that but it's also not something I'm wanting to yeet over. Again - he'd need something else to happen to help him along in this setup. I also think he's been pretty consistence wrt the challenge and his follow up so I don't think he's doing it as scum rn.
In post 1272, lilith2013 wrote:
Ok Boomer Take #1: Providing observations on a set of players when asked is not "sussing" or "shading" all of those players just because it does not feature a fucking glowing "this person is town omg!" review. Jesus fucking christ, I literally said that one of the players is "a player". The other I provided a candid observation with no fucking indication of a lean. I literally said I wanted to yeet one player in that post. One. Not two, not three.... I swear to christ reading comprehension cannot be this difficult.
You made the fencesittiest post of all time that would allow you to pivot to literally anyone in the pool and with like 0 evidence of attempts to sort the people you were fencesitting on. Then you made up a reason to pick me as your favored elim.
I wasn't aware calling someone a "player" was giving me the ability to pivot to that person.

I didn't make up a reason - hell, I specifically mentioned in a previous post I was trying to get a grasp on your intentions - you have been background and mostly riding the currents to this point. I was wrong on one item (even though I said your ISO was "mostly" globbing on, not "only" globbing on) but all the same, you made zero attempt to engage anyone else in the pool, immediately voted me with nary a thought to anyone else and did whatever survival instinct said to do and pushed the other wagon forward in order to avoid engaging with Cakez so he can't rip you apart.
In post 1230, notscience wrote:My point was and still is that it’s an easy push for agar to make. You’re saying she’s done stuff and I’m wrong- cool, whatever, I don’t remember it and am not really pushing the issue my main point is it’s a weak push from agar
Yes, the infamous "easy push" that has gotten all of *checks notes* 1 other vote and it would need 6 total. Marvelous play. I think y'all are confusing "easy push" with "push I don't like". Which, if y'all don't like it fine but say so and don't just hid behind "oh it's an easy push."
out of the remaining three, yeah I think I would have been the easiest to push if scum!you is just trying to survive, which I think is what UT was saying.
I really think you don't know what an easy push is.
re:
See Boomer Take #1. Also your one point about questioning the townread is correct, and I misremembered exchanges with Notty post-Noraa/GE, but that's literally... *checks notes* your only contribution? Questioning a townread?

I really don’t feel the need to restate things that everyone else has already said when I’m catching up, and there’s only so many things to talk about that haven’t already been talked about

please provide examples of where you’ve contributed unique and new thoughts to this game
The origination of calling out GE's reaction to Noraa - not the argument, but the initial reaction that set off the argument. Followed up in with further elaboration.
Arguiang the efficacy of actually utilizing the PTs we were given as more than just scum hiding their thoughts.
Giving what D1 reads I had on the four that were up to be yeeted
Pushing on VPB a bit for what I read as not entirely consistent reasoning

You can contribute in other ways. You can engage with - wild thought - multiple people. I started this day off questioning posts I found curious from notscience and UT. I spent parts of yesterday imploring that the four who were up to be yeeted not go dark because their interactions would help to build further connections and it was essential they actually participate.
In post 1273, lilith2013 wrote:In that vein I think this quote in hindsight seems like projection, because scum!agar has to push me in order to not have to get in a 1v1 with cakes:
Newsflash: I am still the leading candidate to be yeeted and Cakez is still on my ass about things so I don't really think your perception is reality.
In post 1276, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1257, AGar wrote:Spent 11.5 hours and so far almost every waking minute staring at 600 acres worth of utility maps today. Going to go for a run to reset my brain/create a divide in the day for my own sanity, then I'll deal with some of the garbage in here, but boy do I have some fucking takes.
were you in prodrange before you made this post?
I think it's 72 hours to prod, so no? Not sure why that's relevant at all.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (isolation #31) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1298, SirCakez wrote:but where is his scumhunting? I'm seeing so many empty questions and fluffy posting that's not really motivated by town imo
You had 3 hours to literally click any of the links in the post right before this one but you chose not to. Por que no?

Also I thought I did this but apparently not?

VOTE: lillith2013

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1331 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:39 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1325, Gamma Emerald wrote:I also don’t want to rush agar when Lilith might be better
Coming from someone who "shaded everyone in the limpool", you keep hinting you might want to lean lillith but you've shown zero effort to actually assess her slot or push on it. You just continue to speak about it. Why?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334 (isolation #33) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1333, Gamma Emerald wrote:It seems there's a demand for action from some people without actually wanting to think about that action.
I legitimately have no clue what in the hell this is supposed to mean.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (isolation #34) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1336, The Bulge wrote:it seems like an entirely pointless post, a little nervous even. do you often feel pressured to check in to the thread before being available to post substantially?
I generally try and check in with a post that is more than just a prod dodge every 24 hours.
In post 1343, notscience wrote:Meh gammas town
Go on...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1373 (isolation #35) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1360, Untrod Tripod wrote:is that Y-1?

I'm willing to hammer.
VOTE: AGar

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2806 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:04 am

Post by AGar »

In post 2746, The Bulge wrote:gg all, sorry for the low activity. for a significant portion of the game the entire scumteam was waaaay below the rest in terms of posts lmao that all town first challenged fucked us right up tbh
It really fucking did.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2814 (isolation #37) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2809, Gamma Emerald wrote:Subject: Mini 2182 - The Heart of the Hidden Temple
AGar wrote:I make like two posts and there's already burgeoning suspicion of me. Cool.

It actually might be worth it to start heaping some suspicion on me early. Key in on my use of soft words like 'odd' and 'weird' instead of outright calling GE scummy and the nibbling.
what's up fuckers
Yeah I mean I knew early on I needed to be bussed so I was trying to give my team a heads up on what they should jump on so it looked like they took the bull by the horns instead of trying to get on later. I really wanted them to start shading my behavior D1 to coast.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2820 (isolation #38) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:06 am

Post by AGar »

In post 2809, Gamma Emerald wrote:Subject: Mini 2182 - The Heart of the Hidden Temple
AGar wrote:I make like two posts and there's already burgeoning suspicion of me. Cool.

It actually might be worth it to start heaping some suspicion on me early. Key in on my use of soft words like 'odd' and 'weird' instead of outright calling GE scummy and the nibbling.
what's up fuckers
Yeah as soon as that started I was really trying to encourage some action so it would be quick and easy and my flip would be as little information as possible.

In retrospect, I should've just snap challenged Notscience to start D2 before everyone could discuss and run a play there towards a quick death.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”