Mini Theme 2182 - Legends of the Hidden Temple III - Over!

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by SirCakez »

This challenge thing is really frustrating me because I feel like it's making it hard to scumhunt outside the given pool
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 500, SirCakez wrote:This challenge thing is really frustrating me because I feel like it's making it hard to scumhunt outside the given pool
Remember when I said this was dumb?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by SirCakez »

What part?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Noraa »

Cake why am I scum? You don't seem to have a reason.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Just popping in to say Pooky is a dirty cheater at chess.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 497, VP Baltar wrote:Because I think starting a neighborhood on trust carries an expectation that Noraa is transparent with me. If she fails to deliver on that transparency, which she proposed, then I will be able to easily see scum motivation. Scum can't keep up the charade indefinitely, and the more she talks, the more I can assess her alignment.

Agreeing to a day of openness is hugely beneficial for me to read her (and I'm assuming that was her intent as well).
why would you think its better for Noraa to post her thoughts in a PT where only you can see it rather than in the public thread where all of us can see it and evaluate it?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 505, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why would you think its better for Noraa to post her thoughts in a PT where only you can see it rather than in the public thread where all of us can see it and evaluate it?
:THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING: :THINKING:
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 505, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why would you think its better for Noraa to post her thoughts in a PT where only you can see it rather than in the public thread where all of us can see it and evaluate it?
First, she's not just posting her thoughts in the PT though. No one has said that's the case. Second, I think I have a greater responsibility -- and frankly ability given the PT -- to assess Noraa's alignment compared to the rest of the town.

If this is back to your point that no one should use PTs to talk about the game with their partners, I don't agree with your premise.

Do you honestly think we are the only two players talking about the game in our PT? If no, do you think that's scum indicative for those other players?
YOUR AD HERE

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 505, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 497, VP Baltar wrote:Because I think starting a neighborhood on trust carries an expectation that Noraa is transparent with me. If she fails to deliver on that transparency, which she proposed, then I will be able to easily see scum motivation. Scum can't keep up the charade indefinitely, and the more she talks, the more I can assess her alignment.

Agreeing to a day of openness is hugely beneficial for me to read her (and I'm assuming that was her intent as well).
why would you think its better for Noraa to post her thoughts in a PT where only you can see it rather than in the public thread where all of us can see it and evaluate it?
what a dope false dichotomy that also ignores the fact vpb said "the thoughts in the PT MATCH the thoughts being stated publicly"
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

If you're pocketing me reck, it's working.

How about this: how many people who are not in the challenge are using their PTs to talk about the game?

Unrelated question: if Pooky hadn't challenged, which two teams would you send into a challenge rn?
YOUR AD HERE

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 509, VP Baltar wrote:If you're pocketing me reck, it's working.

How about this: how many people who are not in the challenge are using their PTs to talk about the game?

Unrelated question: if Pooky hadn't challenged, which two teams would you send into a challenge rn?
me n UT are now bc it avoids the noise of the game and talking thru it together helps me sort my reads tbh

honestly i don't have thoughts outside of t he current challenge bc it's all i've been focused on
green shirt thursdays
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by notscience »

Bulge has been busy so it hasn’t been much discussion
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 511, notscience wrote:Bulge has been busy so it hasn’t been much discussion
Ok, but will you use it or do you agree with pooky that any use of pt is anti-town?
YOUR AD HERE

lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

I think I probably would’ve challenged noraa/vp if pooky hadn’t, but I can’t tell if that’s just because they’re who I’m thinking about already, like reck kinda said it’s hard not to focus on the pool once the challenge is out there

pooky, did you ever explain why you challenged noraa in particular? Was there a reason beyond memeing?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

I don’t think using a pt is anti-town particularly, it’s not any more anti-town than challenging on page 3?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:16 pm

In post 507, VP Baltar wrote:First, she's not just posting her thoughts in the PT though. No one has said that's the case. Second, I think I have a greater responsibility -- and frankly ability given the PT -- to assess Noraa's alignment compared to the rest of the town.

If this is back to your point that no one should use PTs to talk about the game with their partners, I don't agree with your premise.

Do you honestly think we are the only two players talking about the game in our PT? If no, do you think that's scum indicative for those other players?
1. I never said she is posting only in the PT and not posting in the thread. My point is that there is not an actual need to hide any thoughts in the PT that you would not post in the thread. Your point about a "greater ability" to assess Noraa's alignment compared to the rest of the town is exactly the point I am making. Why would you nerf the rest of our ability to assess Noraa by allowing her to post thoughts in the PT that she is not posting in the public thread?

2) Ok then propose a logical reason for why anyone would hide something in the PT that they are not sharing with the rest of us. I have made it clear what the case for transparency is:

A) There is no scum night-kill, you don't need to worry about being killed for good reads
B) There's no need to speculate about Power Roles or Softs, this is a fully open MT Game.
C) There's no need to influence scum-nightkills by hiding what your actual beliefs about the game state are.

Show me some good reasons for why people should be posting hidden thoughts in their PT. Don't just say "I disagree" make an actual case for why you would disagree.

3) What the hell type of counterpoint is this? I'm stating why I think it is anti-town behavior to be using PTs in this format, I have made my case why. I would hope everyone would listen to me and actually populate the thread with their thoughts and ideas instead of hiding them in a PT. Now if everyone chooses to not listen to me that's on them. I'm not saying every person who posts in a PT is scum - I'm saying everyone should not do it.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:19 pm

In post 513, lilith2013 wrote:pooky, did you ever explain why you challenged noraa in particular? Was there a reason beyond memeing?
this is a funny question lili because I'm shocked it took 16 pages before some1 asked me why I challenged them :3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:20 pm

Like obviously I did it for the memes cuz Baltar was making fun of my team being iguanas

but like looking back now he is pretty shady and I think he probly does flip scum here.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by notscience »

I mean I have used it to

A) Shit post
B) talk about how dumb a page 4 challenge was
C) mentioned my reads early on that have since changed
D) accused him of being scum with agar
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 479, Untrod Tripod wrote:SirCakez
lilith2013
Starbuck
AGar
xRECKONERx
notscience
The Bulge

^ this list of people

what are your reads on the players on the table right now? how about the 8 of us talk about this. we don't need to talk about anyone who you can't vote for today. that will clutter this up and distract. just the people on the table.
Townlean Noraa. (posts like , ). I don't love the reasoning for townPooky she gives in and still want a follow up on why, but I don't find that scummy.

Scumlean GE. I really really hate his insistence that the 4 up for yeeting shut up because it creates a situation where 8 of us talk to each other about 4 people who are interacting in a limited way and then with PTs and daytalk allows for a lot of lurking and coordination. I still find his whole thing about Noraa pushing back on a townread from him very very awkward and just there's a thing about it that doesn't sit right with me - it's setting off gut pangs.

Null on VPB and Pooky for two different reasons.

VPB's early posting was kinda fluffy but the game was generally trash so it didn't feel like there was anything he was particularly dodging. Lately he's been mostly :goodposting:. I don't love the deal made, but that's just me in general and tbf I'm not a party to that so whatever. If we come to a point where it's suddenly obvious Noraa or VPB is scum and we can't get the other to vote to yeet because of a dumb deal, we'll burn that bridge then.

Pooky's early challenge set off a few gambit bells with me but then his follow up has been... the opposite of what I would call smart scum posting if he was gambitting.
In post 509, VP Baltar wrote:How about this: how many people who are not in the challenge are using their PTs to talk about the game?
Not really right now. I will likely spew some shit in there later because I find the PT useful in spots generally.
In post 515, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:2) Ok then propose a logical reason for why anyone would hide something in the PT that they are not sharing with the rest of us.
The same reason any neighborhood is worthwhile - you can discuss stuff in a limited one on one environment to bounce shit off of someone, a second set of eyes - you don't have to trust them 100% but it can help shit out. You can ask your partner their direct opinion on a topic to get a read on them. You can just work through thoughts. Plenty of people keep notes PTs. It's at worst a notes PT with another voice in there. Besides, if your partner is keeping secrets in the PT you feel should be shared with the town... you can just fucking share that info and put that badge on your partner.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:25 pm

ok whatever just dont get pocketed by your partner cuz ive seen that happen way too many times to count.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:38 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 503, Noraa wrote:Cake why am I scum? You don't seem to have a reason.
i'm not really SRing you very strongly. UT had a decent case for you being scum.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

Page 10 to 14

Reading back over Page 10 because it was still bothering me after I read yesterday. I don't have a lot of experience with her, but Noraa seems quite overdefensive and borderline unreasonable in and . I'm just sensing raised hackles every time I see her address Gamma. That can be attributed to being 1 of the 4 today, but I'm not feeling a genuine sense of outrage. It's like she's putting on a show of being mad at Gamma, especially with the atrocious AtE.

In 232, notsci brings another perspective to the table and Noraa automatically slots him as scum without fully fleshing out his points or having a conversation with him. It's hasty and total OMGUS.
In post 254, Noraa wrote:If I don't act high and mighty with confidence in games where I'm heavily SRed, I fucking always die a day 1 lim. Is that hard to understand or something?
This is AtE of the highest level. I used to be an easy Day 1 elim, too, for a long time, but if you act scummy, you're going to get votes. That's how it goes. I think Gamma is completely right with his response in . Additionally, I'm not feeling the "high and mighty" in this scenario, but more like stomping of the feet like in .

Yeah, after reading through all of this, I have more faith in Gamma town than Noraa town.
In post 267, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 241, Gamma Emerald wrote:What is UT posting in the PT so far, Reck?
he's not. he has one post calling me a bitch that's it
Ahh, so par for the course, then.

No Gamma, stop selfvoting! RE: . I know you're frustrated, but there are many other players besides Noraa and her opinion of you isn't the end all be all here.

In post 290, Gamma Emerald wrote:I could see that? But honestly at this point I'm pissed off about things to the point I'd rather have my slot resolved ASAP, and prove wrong those who think I'm scum here.
No, this is lame and a bullshit excuse. Get your vote off yourself. Who out of the other 3 is most deserving of your vote and why?

It's interesting because there's a Gamma/Noraa 1v1 and a Pooky/Baltar 1v1 happening. I feel like I've sorted the first, but I'm not sure about the 2nd.

In post 349, Untrod Tripod wrote:god dammit you're gonna make me read a bunch of spammy bullshit aren't you

I'm too old for this shit
This is the quote of the YEAR.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 517, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Like obviously I did it for the memes cuz Baltar was making fun of my team being iguanas

but like looking back now he is pretty shady and I think he probly does flip scum here.
No, you're trying to justify your stupid play after the fact. Of the four people you have forced into a challenge, the person who has been the most actively scummy is gamma, but I don't see you talking much about that. You're mad because I called your play for what it was: dumb and anti-town.

Regarding the PTs: I'm not going to keep arguing this with you pooky. I don't agree with the points you've made about why it is anti-town, my position on PT use is clearly in the majority, and I don't care if you don't like it.

You stating a "case" on PT use policy doesn't help us find scum. You're going to keep saying the same things to justify your bad read on me because you're in a shit tunnel, and I'm not going to participate in that. If you want to talk about actual play, or really anything other than what I do with the PT I'm a part of, I'm listening.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 519, AGar wrote:If we come to a point where it's suddenly obvious Noraa or VPB is scum and we can't get the other to vote to yeet because of a dumb deal, we'll burn that bridge then.
I agree with this as a policy. If Noraa's obvscumming, you can believe I'll be yeeting her to the sun.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”