Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4450 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4446, Cheetory6 wrote:2. I don't disagree. He also said it loudly and multiple times on D1 with multiple people who are familiar with his playstyle present so I'm assuming this isn't super out of left field for him otherwise people would have wanted him super yeeted D1.
Can confirm that SS tends to passive scum hunting. It’s pretty NAI.
This is a Parachute.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #4451 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:55 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 4425, Morning Tweet wrote:Poking through the game for easy targets to push is a terrible characterization of my scum play. i dont think i have ever tried to push an elim or a scumread decently as scum, it's rare as town but does happen when I feel >50% confident i have something or if i want to find a reaction

For you in particular I doubt I would do something that will piss you off but self meta and wifom yayaya

Also I am sorry i missed you in the hi post, don't know how that happens
poking around has absolutely nothing to do with pushing. absolutely nothing.

also why is pissing off a scummy townie a bad thing? In contrast, its good cuz if they self implode, you get a free mislim that doesn't get you the blame.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4452 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 4435, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:did you not read the ending of legends of the lost temple?

this is like bulge v lilith all over again
no I didn't read it but point me to the differences between what we have here and what we had in chara's folly.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4453 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 4437, Jingle wrote:1shot sman 1shotninja host is actually a pretty common role. It’s pretty traditional.
I can't remember who said this earlier but they brought up an incredible point that imma reiterate because I agree with it.

Watcher was gated. That means that even if scum have ninja, it is definitely x shot. Scum have zero reason to be using a shot on night 1 even if they have it. That is why at least one of morning and S_S is scum and mostly likely it is just one and not both.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4454 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Gypyx »

VOTE: Morning Tweet

yea i don't think S_S is the vote today
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4455 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 4453, Noraa wrote:I can't remember who said this earlier but they brought up an incredible point that imma reiterate because I agree with it.
Morning, kinda.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4456 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 4423, Morning Tweet wrote:Scum having both a ninja and a strongman would surprise me combined with the watcher being gated. I don't think that is likely and if it is possible i dont think we can be blamed
Acknowledging that there's probably not a ninja is like the towniest thing she's done today, and it's basically an NAI move, tbh. The post I made was calling it out as weird that she used both the actual reason and a nonsense reason.
This is a Parachute.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4457 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4453, Noraa wrote:even if scum have ninja, it is definitely x shot.
...Well, yeah. I thought that went without saying :P Ungated ninja is dumb.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4458 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 4457, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4453, Noraa wrote:even if scum have ninja, it is definitely x shot.
...Well, yeah. I thought that went without saying :P Ungated ninja is dumb.
Don't ask me. I've never seen a ninja before. The only reason I know what a ninja is is because last game I was in, I got accused of being a scum ninja by some random town pr.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4459 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:31 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Votecount 3.2Cheetory6
Gamma Emerald
Gypyx
Jake The Wolfie
Jingle
MURDERSUNNY
MariaR
midwaybear
Morning Tweet - 6 (Cheetory6, Pooky, Something_Smart, Zaiden, SirCakez, Gypyx)
noraa
PookyTheMagicalBear
SirCakez
Something_Smart - 3 (midwaybear, Morning Tweet, MariaR)
Zaiden

Not Voting - 5 (Gamma, Jake, Jingle, MURDERSUNNY, noraa)

With 14 alive, it's 8 to ask someone somewhat more tersely than previously to leave. Deadline is February 18th at 10PM EST.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4460 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by midwaybear »

It's interesting that MT and SS both don't really seem to care. I guess I get why for SS if he is town. If MT is town, I would hope for a bit more though. Maybe a final readslist or something
Some people said that they don't want to rush the day, but not much seems to be going on in terms of new pushes?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #4461 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I think the town base i gave back when i was reading was decent

ill whip something up right before my death if i feel up to but im unsure it will really be of any help. I dont really place a lot of value into my opinion on the lower half of the plist

i guess i dont feel much urgency overall though, so if you're waiting on me, definitely dont it's not worth it
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4462 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:08 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 4460, midwaybear wrote:Some people said that they don't want to rush the day, but not much seems to be going on in terms of new pushes?
I need to go back and grab peach flavors, but I don't think everyone has claimed.

I'm also not opposed to waiting if people have question.
This is a Parachute.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4463 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 4452, Noraa wrote:
In post 4435, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:did you not read the ending of legends of the lost temple?

this is like bulge v lilith all over again
no I didn't read it but point me to the differences between what we have here and what we had in chara's folly.
1) In Legends of the Hidden Temple. Notsci challenged to make it a Lilith v Bulge gladiate since Notsci was UTR. Lilith and Bulge basically didn't really case each other or push each other hard at all - niether of them seemed to care v much. The reason was because they were both scum.

2) In Chara's Folly - Tweetie went into F4 basically gladiated with ducky. She opened with this post:

viewtopic.php?p=12282636#p12282636

She hasn't even put in 5% of the effort she did there.

Both of them have thrown up their hands and said "well we're biased so you guys should make up your own minds"

Which is just really hard for me to imagine people doing in a competitive event such as this one?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4464 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:07 pm

Why is doing that worse than doing what you imagine we should be doing?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4465 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:15 pm

Actually, I sort of see your point. The consensus is pretty clearly against MT, so she as town would be motivated to do anything in her power to try to turn the vote to me, because she has nothing to lose. But as scum, she risks spewing. So her not really trying here is scum indicative, yes.

...But I'm not in the same spot. I feel pretty comfortable with the way the votes have gone. From my perspective there are various downsides to efforting, but the upside right now is minimal.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4466 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:17 am

Post by SirCakez »

Feels like MT has given up
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4467 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:24 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 4461, Morning Tweet wrote:i guess i dont feel much urgency overall though, so if you're waiting on me, definitely dont it's not worth it
I mean, I think if you are town here, the best chance we have for resorting you would be for something along the lines of a readlist or even just a reaction to some of the votes on you?
Any intuition about who you think would be partners with S_S here?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4468 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Noraa »

wtf do you mean the consensus is against mt???????????????
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4469 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:31 am

I mean... have you looked at the VC?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4470 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Noraa »

Ah so consensus is against the person with 6 votes and for the one with 3 votes.
yes that absolutely makes sense.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4471 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:45 am

Post by midwaybear »

Makes sense to me
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4472 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:35 am

Midwaybear, I hath heard from sources reliable that your ISO today is garbage. Can you expand a little bit on why you chose to vote me? Why did you only do a "quick ISO skim" when you had the whole night to decide between me and MT?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4473 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:38 am

And yes, Noraa. For me to die without anyone currently voting changing their vote, all five of the remaining people would need to vote me. And PB also said to vote MT first, so I think the current direction is pretty clear to me, yes.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4474 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:19 am

Post by midwaybear »

Spoiler:
Spring to PrivateI (Maf to town)
- basic engagement about PI scumread on her
- Shades PI scumread of her, but takes a generally neutral stance
- Says she likes Noraa taking a good faith approach to Private, says she thinks PrivateI scumread is overhyped. Potential TMI town
- Forgets PI from readlist
Bottom tier of her readlist

Spring to Jake (Maf to ?)
- agrees with spf on her Jake read. I think she was referring to where spf gave a randtown read on Jake
- finds spf townie in part for "deductions" on Jake
- thinks jake is a lot more deserving of criticism out of the "lhf" slots
- calls jake lhf, but also notes that he should not be townread
- thinks SS is setting the bar too low for a townread on Jake, consistent in saying that nothing Jake has done has really been townie, doesn't think Jake's reaction to early wagon was townie
- (Note that this is right after 2544) Again, doesn't want people to be "overlooking" Jake. Seems like she views him as a policy elim
- Bottom tier of the readlist, second to last
- (Referring to 1622) Says that Jake would be quite low on her readslist, but it wasn't ordered

I took a look at Kanna's interactions with PrivateI to get a sense of how she would interact with a LHF-type townie.
First of all, she doesn't seem to directly interact with them too much. I actually think this makes sense because there is a lot more incentive to interact/distance with a LHF scumbuddy than a LHF townie.
Second, I think her progression was a bit off. In 979, she seemed much more good faith towards PrivateI, but he sat at the bottom of her reads in 2546. I do think there are reasons that PrivateI could have fallen, but I also think town Kanna would have been more transparent about it.

Looking at how she interacts with Jake, I see consistency and inconsistency in the progression. I'm curious about why she went from agreeing with spf's randtown read on Jake to thinking that he deserves more scrutiny in 1288. From there on, Kanna was relatively consistent in stating that Jake should not be townread for his content. I think an important observation to make here is that her view in general was that Jake should
not be townread
instead of Jake should be
scumread

What looks good for Jake here is that Kanna's progression roughly resembled her progression on PrivateI: from a nulltown read to a scumread.
Originally, I thought Kanna's repeated insistence against Jake was a bad look for him. I thought that scum have more of an incentive to distance from LHF scumbuddies while they might just tack a noncommittal scumread onto LHF town. However, with context, I realized that she just was being pushed more about her read on Jake than PrivateI (SS, spf). In addition, I think my observation about her
not townreading
Jake rather than
scumreading
fits in more with noncommittal scumread rather than distance.

From this, I think that Jake is probably town based off of interactions. I get that people are annoyed that he isn't providing content, but I also think there are ways to read people exclusive from that they post.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”