Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

heya, i'm around for a bit and catching up now :)

~ skitter
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

UNVOTE:
i'm not really vibing scum-isis naymore

~ skitter
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 675, Infinity 324 wrote:I think more people should read people on a curve, people SR limbait for being limbait a decent amount
^^^

~ skitter
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

VOTE: dats

~ skitter
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

the vote is from both of us, incidentally

-QB
First in, last out
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Can either of you elaborate more on your aaron read?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by notscience »

Long day at work and another long day tomorrow.

I’ll be here tomorrow night or Monday.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 718, Scipio1 wrote:
In post 702, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 670, Scipio1 wrote:
In post 668, notscience wrote:Why does your gut say there’s scum in that group?
their interactions with each other don't seem to be w/w in any world but I'm having trouble believing that they're v/v/v fsr.
That doesn't really explain why you think that since you basically just said what you said in 664 but with different wording. What in our interactions causes you to come to the conclusion of 1 scum in me/Datisi/ben?
I mean, if I knew my exact thought process behind this thought I would've explained it lol.
Usually when i make that kind of claim i have some evidence or reasoning to back it up but sure
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 720, Datisi wrote:do you agree with ? from my pov it felt like being nitpicked over minute unimportant details. does the knowledge of "isis has seen town!me be *not* as townie" challenge your view? and what is your read on me, anyway?

and like, i wanna disagree with that second part, bc while things have *stalled*, they definitely don't feel *stable*. most of the people are going "oh, i'm townreading too many people, i'm not scumreading anyone", and i feel that in that
economy
gamestate, things can turn around quickly. (like, look at the way your wagon popped up shortly after i gave some much less-then-stellar reasoning for it.)
Do I have to agree with all of Isis's posts in order to townread Isis? Because that's not really what my read on Isis is based on.

I feel like I haven't been able to get a good read on you this game tbh and there's some things you've done that have raised my eyebrows a bit, like your play around mine and Isis's wagons.

As for the gamestate comment, the game wasn't quite as stalled out as it is currently when you gave that read on me. Like sure things can turn around quickly but I feel like it's gonna be hard to get 5-6 people to turn around and vote for you in particular when you've been mostly townread up until this point (compared to me who's been in most people's null categories)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by implosion »

ben dover wrote:Blood meaning as a hang or something else? I want to say something about this craving for blood in your bottom tier reads and why you think such but I think I'm missing context here.
Blood as in a flip for something to work with. I feel like I can maybe do some stuff now though.
Aaron wrote:I think her posting in the last few pages shows a very natural and logical though process (some examples are 617-624, 648, 652, 669, 672) that if it comes from scum, it's very well manufactured to look natural, but
i genuinely feel like her posting has become more and more organic over time.

I also don't think the vanity vote on you is something that comes from scum when things have sort of stalled and and she could probably get away with staying on my wagon until end of day (which if she is scum would be her best chance of staying alive). It's just a weird move that doesn't make sense for scum!Isis to make in this situation.
This is an interesting thing; I haven't really read Isis's recent posts closely yet (i intend to next) but the the part i bolded is something in a vacuum that I'm not sure should actually be town-indicative. Especially in this kind of game I feel like it could be scum who started out nonchalant and then realized they had to up their game. At least, I've definitely had scum games where I've felt like there was a fire lit under my ass and I needed to change the way I was playing when I was pressured.

Although not super meaningful because this is like reading a secondary text without reading the primary source.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by implosion »

I don't really see any thought process that I don't think can be manufactured in Isis's posting. This is probably the most interesting post
In post 672, Isis wrote:idk how to explain it to you
If I can't point to a post implosion has made by the end of day 1 and say it's a townpost, implosion probably has a role PM. If I can't point to a post Datisi has made by the end of day 1 and say it's a townpost, he's probably scum.

Datisi probably has like, 2-3 townish posts I that didn't meet threshhold for specific remarks, PP has done the same, and by the curve I grade on PP is more likely to be actually town this game than Datisi.

I play all my games like this. The extent to which I acknowledge it varies. I would think everyone plays their games this way although maybe other people wait for an actual scumgame and do this storytelling paranoid "but for this person, what if this is like that time they seemed townie but for scum?" (my approach is a bit more flawed if it were applied to someone I have not seen actually roll scum, but I have been scum -with- Datisi once and felt like he made good posts)
but like, this seems like just a way Isis approaches games. I don't think it's an especially hard post for scum-her to make.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 721, Datisi wrote:
In post 718, Scipio1 wrote:I mean, if I knew my exact thought process behind this thought I would've explained it lol.
i feel like every once in a while paranoia starts creeping up on me about scipio

and then he goes ahead and drops a line like this and i'm like !!!
i feel like i felt this so many times as town
how does one not townread him for it
a part of me wants to say "this is a good example of datisi being clearly town" but i guess I have made posts like this as scum before.

i do strongly agree with it being a good scipio town indicator.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:02 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm just really curious about how the isis wagon's buildup kind of feels like slogging through the swamp. Like it feels like there are as many people calling the wagon terrible as voting on it at any given time. I don't really put weight on that kind of broad-analysis thing in general but I really do wonder if we've had a real wagon on scum yet.

I also did just look at datisi's early game and i can't find the things that i thought were strongly town. I think might have been one of them (although I think I thought he was town before then?) but I think that post is emblematic of the kind of interaction with the game that I was viewing as town. There's actually a lot from him that looks like it could be performative like and . I would like to hear from skitter if she has specific reasons for voting him or if she's just shopping around.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by implosion »

I do kind of just like Aaron's posting recently. just strikes me as genuinely town. And the isis unvote, and the way he talked to datisi in his last post.

i'll try to actually be online when other people are at some point soon hopefully :\
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:50 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 689, Datisi wrote:now, what's actually *bothering* me here is that isis did use the argument "datisi isn't as townie in this game as he was in autumnal" before, and she used it when she was scum against me.
Do you have a reason that's alignment dispositive? The way I play scum is to emulate my towngame, so that just kind of all lines up, to me.

I forgot about Why Gun, as much as I racked my brain. It does seed doubt. All the Your Turn To Die avatars were so scummy.
In post 695, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 617, Isis wrote:notscience is not even actually a low-poster/inactive, he just said he was going to be, then he's had standard activity. I thought it was weird. I guess the only scenario where it's scummy weird is when notscience has posted in a scum PT that he's gonna self impose a limit and gets to lurk but don't worry he'd prob do it as town too.
It's not super characterizable but it's super weird! like notsci feels high content to me. Though I don't remember much of the content so he's probably scum
I think I was looking at pure post count when I said that. When it comes to actual content then yeah his activity has been alright, but their posting hasn't really made me feel any type of way
Did you literally click Activity Overview and decide "that number is bad!"? I'm super mixed up between wanting to scumread you for copping out to a metric that shouldn't be matching your feelings but also resonating about how notsci's content feels. Mostly it should be the former because it's not a hard thing to resonate.
In post 704, AaronFrost wrote:UNVOTE:

I don't think Isis is scum
I'm a coward and bad and wanna reciprocate this grlnschminkuppkreuuuuuu
In post 709, seCret hYdra wrote:
In post 685, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Frost
hey NM, make a readslist for me and i'll give u a hammer

- hYdra
This is not a very townmotivated post. This could die today. Which I've felt before but the main blocker is, how good do I think Datisi is at mafia or not.
In post 711, ben dover123 wrote:She put a lot of effort into her reads and I respect that. Not fully town for me but entering that nulltown area.
*he/his
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:50 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 713, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 705, Datisi wrote:cool.
VOTE: isis

what made you think so and who is scum then?
I think her posting in the last few pages shows a very natural and logical though process (some examples are 617-624, 648, 652, 669, 672) that if it comes from scum, it's very well manufactured to look natural, but i genuinely feel like her posting has become more and more organic over time.

I also don't think the vanity vote on you is something that comes from scum when things have sort of stalled and and she could probably get away with staying on my wagon until end of day (which if she is scum would be her best chance of staying alive). It's just a weird move that doesn't make sense for scum!Isis to make in this situation.
It is maybe less cowardly to want to let this live today.
I think my Datisi vote is remarkably easy to characterize as a scumvote if you should like to.
The natural/logical thought process bit gives me pause. It's probably similar to why I townread Schiavetto but I'm arrogant enough to believe my scumrange is broad enough to counsel against that kind of thing. AF wouldn't have any reason to share that belief though.

implosion's idea that I'd have an easier time spitballing mid day 1 instead of early day 1 as scum is maybe true but seems to ignore how being pressured would affect my play, being pressured as scum is a weakness for me.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:52 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 721, Datisi wrote:
In post 718, Scipio1 wrote:I mean, if I knew my exact thought process behind this thought I would've explained it lol.
i feel like every once in a while paranoia starts creeping up on me about scipio

and then he goes ahead and drops a line like this and i'm like !!!
i feel like i felt this so many times as town
how does one not townread him for it
Can you share a post that makes paranoia about scipio creep up on you?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:55 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 726, Bridgeburners wrote:UNVOTE:

~ skitter
does anyone just want to eliminate the scum hydra for not even pretending to maintain a read progression

skitter was supposed to "not be vibing scum isis anymore" during her last post either, Mena is the one who revoted

this is absurd
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:00 pm

Post by Isis »

I really hope infinity is paranoid that I am scum with skitter

the notion keeps striking me as delightful and has mostly good outcomes

removing skitter and mena from a game of mafia in a game that includes NM is kind of sad regardless of alignment, though. NM doesn't seem to have selected this game as one of the ones he is going to actually play
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:03 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 735, implosion wrote:I don't really see any thought process that I don't think can be manufactured in Isis's posting. This is probably the most interesting post
In post 672, Isis wrote:idk how to explain it to you
If I can't point to a post implosion has made by the end of day 1 and say it's a townpost, implosion probably has a role PM. If I can't point to a post Datisi has made by the end of day 1 and say it's a townpost, he's probably scum.

Datisi probably has like, 2-3 townish posts I that didn't meet threshhold for specific remarks, PP has done the same, and by the curve I grade on PP is more likely to be actually town this game than Datisi.

I play all my games like this. The extent to which I acknowledge it varies. I would think everyone plays their games this way although maybe other people wait for an actual scumgame and do this storytelling paranoid "but for this person, what if this is like that time they seemed townie but for scum?" (my approach is a bit more flawed if it were applied to someone I have not seen actually roll scum, but I have been scum -with- Datisi once and felt like he made good posts)
but like, this seems like just a way Isis approaches games. I don't think it's an especially hard post for scum-her to make.
I 100% agree I could post this as town, jester, mafia, cult leader, or werewolf.
So like, what are you trying to accomplish with this post? How is this simultaneously my "most interesting post" and, not, it is clearly not, it is very obviously not.
"Well, I..."
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:04 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

by the way, i personally kinda have trouble to get reads rn but my other head thinks that datis is playing to a part of his town meta that he hasn't broken yet, and we also have a scumtell on him that he didn't trigger

so not feeling too great about a dats wagon

anyways i'll prob not be able to post much more, busy day

pedit : i'm always in for an exe on NM btw

- hYdra
Bottom rawr!
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:08 pm

Post by Isis »

I feel like no one has engaged my core reason for calling Datisi scum, but also no one has like, done the opposite and said "this is a townpost", which if you truly do not think there are signs of artificiality in that post, it absolutely should be. You can't all be scum, with or without Datisi, for being handwavy in the aggregate but I don't get it ughhhh. I really don't care that much about whether I spot people too much or too little store credit for having a good/bad meta and would much rather talk to people about whether saying a total of like 2 things in a post 3 times each is an indicator of performativity or it isn't
"Well, I..."
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:45 am

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 730, Infinity 324 wrote:Can either of you elaborate more on your aaron read?
loosely +town. i'm not really sure i see the IIOA that people are complaining about, and he has had a couple of well-timed takes that i liked. like not super strongly but not enough to really like the wagon or want to vote there if that makes sense

to be fair, now thati write this out, i realize that my read on AFF may be more about how other people are playing around him (i.e. how the wagon is forming and how people are scumreading him) than how he is playing himself, if that makes sense

~
In post 737, implosion wrote:I would like to hear from skitter if she has specific reasons for voting him or if she's just shopping around.
i would like to pass on this for the moment, but will circle back

~
In post 742, Isis wrote:
In post 726, Bridgeburners wrote:UNVOTE:

~ skitter
does anyone just want to eliminate the scum hydra for not even pretending to maintain a read progression

skitter was supposed to "not be vibing scum isis anymore" during her last post either, Mena is the one who revoted

this is absurd
well, when you posted after mena revoted you and before i posted 726, your posting looked even more townie to me, so i took the vote off again because when i said 'mena can vote wherever' i wasn't expecting him to vote you
i will endeavor to try to be more consensus-y with mena before posting votes

also i think this is town ^
you feel a little too ~prickly~ rn to be mafia if that makes sense

also wrt your dats scumread post: like ig i see where you're coming from but i don't know if i agree with the conclusion (i.e. i'm not sure if the things you listed are actually scum-indicative) but i think that the thought process *you* had in that post is townie, and i'm not sure i agree with you that the post is inherently super +town if i don't ascribe to your reasons for scumreading it either

~ skitter
First in, last out
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 733, AaronFrost wrote:Do I have to agree with all of Isis's posts in order to townread Isis? Because that's not really what my read on Isis is based on.
no, but i think i didn't express myself well. i wanted to ask you to look at it from my pov - isis has seen me be not-townie, and to me it felt like a shitpush. you cited some of those posts as ~natural and logical~. do you still view them as so, after knowing about the meta?
In post 739, Isis wrote:
In post 689, Datisi wrote:now, what's actually *bothering* me here is that isis did use the argument "datisi isn't as townie in this game as he was in autumnal" before, and she used it when she was scum against me.
Do you have a reason that's alignment dispositive? The way I play scum is to emulate my towngame, so that just kind of all lines up, to me.

I forgot about Why Gun, as much as I racked my brain. It does seed doubt. All the Your Turn To Die avatars were so scummy.
because i feel like town!you should know better?? that me not being magically townie in a game is not automatically an indicator that i'm not town? especially considering the last time that same discussion was being held was in a game that you were modding?? *and* considering the fact that you did misread me before??

also i still disagree keiji was scummy
In post 739, Isis wrote:Which I've felt before but the main blocker is, how good do I think Datisi is at mafia or not.
hm?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Datisi »

actually change of plans

VOTE: implo

i don't like
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M

Return to “Completed Open Games”