it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:43 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 741, Isis wrote:
In post 721, Datisi wrote:
In post 718, Scipio1 wrote:I mean, if I knew my exact thought process behind this thought I would've explained it lol.
i feel like every once in a while paranoia starts creeping up on me about scipio

and then he goes ahead and drops a line like this and i'm like !!!
i feel like i felt this so many times as town
how does one not townread him for it
Can you share a post that makes paranoia about scipio creep up on you?
i don't remember, i think it was more of a general feeling than any specific posts

scrolling through his iso again, was a weird/easy callout, and his posts often don't feel like they're actually doing anything (e.g. there's a wolf in that group post, or asking you to explain your read on me)

but the way he admitted he doesn't actually know his own thought process is still net town i think

maybe i should check his meta to see if he's able to do that / does that as scum
but i don't feel like it right now
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:44 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 729, Bridgeburners wrote:the vote is from both of us, incidentally

-QB
extremely looking forward to this.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Isis »

I appreciate skitter giving me the time of day too much to stay mad at her oye
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Isis »

In post 748, Datisi wrote:hm?
You're townreading Iconeum right?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Datisi »

sure am.
~M
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Bridgeburners »

dats i feel like i don't have such a good read on u and i kinda want to sort u

i agree with u that implo is being somewhat scummy. except i'm like historically dead-awful at reading him and i think he was scum in nearly every game i played with him and i always townread him so maybe thinking he's scummy means he's town? idk

~

isis i didn't realize you had such a ~thing~ against hydras and i'm going to endeavor to make a distinct effort to minimize the dissonance. wasn't trying to be annoying, and want to try to not be
<3

~ skitter
First in, last out
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Isis »

In post 748, Datisi wrote:because i feel like town!you should know better?? that me not being magically townie in a game is not automatically an indicator that i'm not town? especially considering the last time that same discussion was being held was in a game that you were modding?? *and* considering the fact that you did misread me before??

also i still disagree keiji was scummy
I don't know better. I think in the game I modded people were correct to think you were more likely scum. Mafia isn't a game of absolutes and if you apply logic that means someone is more like scum but they flip town, that doesn't disproved you, you weren't working with logic that guarantees someone is scum.

In Why Gun I think I did not interpret your posts well. I also didn't interpret keiji's posts well but in that case it was from like keijji not playing the game that well I want to clutch to some sort of proficiency in spite of my actual awful record that game.
"Well, I..."
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 755, Bridgeburners wrote:dats i feel like i don't have such a good read on u and i kinda want to sort u
ok
what is it that you want / need from me here
and also why do you think naked voting is like, gonna help you here

(i am also specifically still interested in mena's reasons for that vote)
~M
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Isis I'm lazy

Link me to a game where datisi had this much convinction/appeared to believe the things he's saying as scum

Or if not that's why I TR datisi
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:01 am

Post by Datisi »

how sure are you actually that i have a red role pm in this game, isis? and also, are you willing to sheep me on ico? (if so, why?)
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 758, Infinity 324 wrote:Link me to a game where datisi had this much convinction/appeared to believe the things he's saying as scum
i'm not sure if this is that good of a reason to townread me, i've successfully faked tunnels and stuff like that before.

though obviously there's still a difference between scum and town games, so shrug.
~M
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Isis »

In post 758, Infinity 324 wrote:Isis I'm lazy

Link me to a game where datisi had this much convinction/appeared to believe the things he's saying as scum

viewtopic.php?p=12009931#p12009931
"Well, I..."
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:06 am

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 757, Datisi wrote:
In post 755, Bridgeburners wrote:dats i feel like i don't have such a good read on u and i kinda want to sort u
ok

i don't know!!!! i feel like having some sort of dialogue with you would help, and was kinda hoping that by voting you you'd go: 'omg skitter why are you voting me' and then we could have a nice convo about idk something that would give me more to sort you with than i currently have

i feel like a lot of what you're doing is just kinda NAI? Or at least i don't see the obvtowniness that everyone is citing and like i feel like a lot of what you're doing can be said/posted by scum-you?

do you think you ought to be townread here as much as you have been?

i'm also not really sure i follow your 'evil vibes from isis wagon' -> aaron vote -> isis vote

or why you were scumreading aaron in the first place

~ skitter
First in, last out
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Isis »

In post 759, Datisi wrote:how sure are you actually that i have a red role pm in this game, isis? and also, are you willing to sheep me on ico? (if so, why?)
I'm not super sure. I'm willing to sheep your ico read for this dayphase or longer if you're serious about it.

I've been trying to expand the extent to which I treat players I see as decently competent as though they are experts, recently, for reasons. It's kind of experimental.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Isis »

Pls people keep posting I am stuck at the oil change places they are taking forever to just replace the headlight bulbs in my car so I don't get pulled over again.
My games are on my other phone im so bored.

Pls help.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Isis »

Please the lobby is playing reality tv it's killing me
"Well, I..."
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:40 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 762, Bridgeburners wrote:
ok

i don't know!!!! i feel like having some sort of dialogue with you would help, and was kinda hoping that by voting you you'd go: 'omg skitter why are you voting me' and then we could have a nice convo about idk something that would give me more to sort you with than i currently have

i feel like a lot of what you're doing is just kinda NAI? Or at least i don't see the obvtowniness that everyone is citing and like i feel like a lot of what you're doing can be said/posted by scum-you?

i'm also not really sure i follow your 'evil vibes from isis wagon' -> aaron vote -> isis vote

~ skitter
ok ok ok fair enough
after you voted me i had like, a Vision that this is scum!you trying to make me react similarly to how i did in 1992
but that's too tinfoily right now

i don't think i have good self-meta to offer here
i don't think i've hit the Datisi Obvtown Levels™ yet
i don't think i've broken my scumrange so far (at least not the recent one) but also idk how scum!me would be playing here bc idk who'd my partners be or whatever so can't quite tell

yes and no. like this isn't the peak of my towngame, but a lot of people here don't have that much (or any) meta on me and don't know that. based on that, this ~collective read on me~ is kinda what i'd expect.

ok. evil vibes because i didn't think at the time isis was acting like experienced scum that's facing pressure (wasn't pushing anyone else, was kinda passively still calling people [possible targets] town). so i'm looking around her wagon, and i disliked aaron's vote on her the most, it seemed like he's voting there without much thought or conviction, after some weird shading-but-not-really.

i thought he might be scum bc of posts that i linked before (e.g. , , ) which seemed like pretending to be helpful but not actually Doing Anything. (i guess what the kids call iioa.) also i got pinged by aaron early game too for something but i don't really remember what anymore, can go back to check if it's important

like idk if i can explain it better, i explained it earlier and you said you didn't like it

(though i do think his recent posting is Better)

isis vote bc the reasons because of which i thought her wagon was bad (i.e. her not acting how i'd expect pressured scum to act) were not there anymore, she switched to voting aaron for ??? reasons, then her scumread on me which looked plain bad faith to me - like nitpicking that one post bc i asked multiple things at once, and the "i saw datisi once when was town, he was super townie, he's not here so prob scum" when that was literally false

though if she really forgot about why gun (which for some unknown reason to me i kinda sorta maybe buy at this moment) then asfhfjklfnkl game hard
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 763, Isis wrote:
In post 759, Datisi wrote:how sure are you actually that i have a red role pm in this game, isis? and also, are you willing to sheep me on ico? (if so, why?)
I'm not super sure. I'm willing to sheep your ico read for this dayphase or longer if you're serious about it.

I've been trying to expand the extent to which I treat players I see as decently competent as though they are experts, recently, for reasons. It's kind of experimental.
i'm serious about it yeah
nothing ico has done is making me go ?!?! which i'm taking to be a good sign

also omg isis thinks i'm decently competent?
~M
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:10 am

Post by Isis »

Datisi called me a kid and now we are going to fistfight
"Well, I..."
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:17 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 761, Isis wrote:
In post 758, Infinity 324 wrote:Isis I'm lazy

viewtopic.php?p=12009931#p12009931
Even the post you linked me to is kind of an overreaction to someone thinking datisi is scum

I can feel the "ahh someone might be SRing me" from datisi there

He also makes posts like this one: viewtopic.php?p=12008729#p12008729 which he doesn't do here

I can a lot more easily buy that the convinction is real convinction here than there

I hope I'm making sense
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Isis »

That was a towngame I'm trolling you
"Well, I..."
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Datisi »

lol i was wondering how long that was gonna go on for
~M
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

ISIS NOW I LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:11 am

Post by implosion »

In post 744, Isis wrote:
In post 735, implosion wrote:I don't really see any thought process that I don't think can be manufactured in Isis's posting. This is probably the most interesting post
In post 672, Isis wrote:idk how to explain it to you
If I can't point to a post implosion has made by the end of day 1 and say it's a townpost, implosion probably has a role PM. If I can't point to a post Datisi has made by the end of day 1 and say it's a townpost, he's probably scum.

Datisi probably has like, 2-3 townish posts I that didn't meet threshhold for specific remarks, PP has done the same, and by the curve I grade on PP is more likely to be actually town this game than Datisi.

I play all my games like this. The extent to which I acknowledge it varies. I would think everyone plays their games this way although maybe other people wait for an actual scumgame and do this storytelling paranoid "but for this person, what if this is like that time they seemed townie but for scum?" (my approach is a bit more flawed if it were applied to someone I have not seen actually roll scum, but I have been scum -with- Datisi once and felt like he made good posts)
but like, this seems like just a way Isis approaches games. I don't think it's an especially hard post for scum-her to make.
I 100% agree I could post this as town, jester, mafia, cult leader, or werewolf.
So like, what are you trying to accomplish with this post? How is this simultaneously my "most interesting post" and, not, it is clearly not, it is very obviously not.
I’m saying I don’t really see what Aaron finds town about your recent posting. Honestly I didn’t actually check if that was one of the posts he mentioned and I’m not going to right now bc I’m on mobile.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:24 am

Post by implosion »

In post 762, Bridgeburners wrote:
ok

~ skitter
This is the first post this game that’s made me say “ oh yeah, that’s what skitters town game looks like”.

Is there a reason that took so long? I know you’re also good as scum so I don’t really know what to make of it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”