Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 746, Isis wrote:I feel like no one has engaged my core reason for calling Datisi scum, but also no one has like, done the opposite and said "this is a townpost", which if you truly do not think there are signs of artificiality in that post, it absolutely should be. You can't all be scum, with or without Datisi, for being handwavy in the aggregate but I don't get it ughhhh. I really don't care that much about whether I spot people too much or too little store credit for having a good/bad meta and would much rather talk to people about whether saying a total of like 2 things in a post 3 times each is an indicator of performativity or it isn't
Circling back to this, I agree with you that the post is +scum but I'm not sold on datisi-scum in general

Skimming some other datisi scumgames, I think my articulated reasons for TRing datisi were probably bad but I held my gut up at gunpoint and it coughed up a meager TR

So that's where I'm at I guess
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Honestly I'm at basically the same place with aaron with being the one scummy post

Idk who's scum so time to sheep my past self

UNVOTE:
VOTE: implo
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

@datisi Are you still SRing ben
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Schiavetto »

In post 684, Isis wrote:"Fiddler still goes hard" seems like a popular culture reference I'm missing
as in Fiddler on the Roof--was just reacting to the way you had tradition in caps there. Thanks for the link btw--actually kind of makes me more confident in town!Dat, hydra shenanigans aside.
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Schiavetto »

Also ftr, I'm good with whatever pronouns.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah that game isn't the best representation of datisi's scumgame imo now that I've done the meta

Also fiddler on the roof is great yes
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:46 am

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 688, Datisi wrote:(also while we're at it, why *is* here there, ben?)
More because everyone else has had a townier moment than aff imo.
In post 713, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 705, Datisi wrote:cool.
VOTE: isis

what made you think so and who is scum then?
I think her posting in the last few pages shows a very natural and logical though process (some examples are 617-624, 648, 652, 669, 672) that if it comes from scum, it's very well manufactured to look natural, but i genuinely feel like her posting has become more and more organic over time.

I also don't think the vanity vote on you is something that comes from scum when things have sort of stalled and and she could probably get away with staying on my wagon until end of day (which if she is scum would be her best chance of staying alive). It's just a weird move that doesn't make sense for scum!Isis to make in this situation.
Wow, this post is a mindmeld. This is a good post by AFF.
In post 715, seCret hYdra wrote:
In post 711, ben dover123 wrote:She put a lot of effort into her reads and I respect that. Not fully town for me but entering that nulltown area.
that's an "effort = town" kind of read?
Yeah, but I want to see where Shiavetto goes from his reads.
In post 722, Datisi wrote:
In post 688, Datisi wrote:(also while we're at it, why *is* [aff] [in the lower half of your nulls], ben?)
@ben

also if there's ordering between your ~nulls, i'd like to see that too.
It's in my reads, let me pull a quote up.

I'm not sure about the Datisi wagon, my head is kinda a mess and I need to re-evaluate I think. Can't really read straight rn.
imagine having the userid "ben dover123"
what a userid i respect it a lot
~Alisae
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Schiavetto »

In post 738, implosion wrote:I do kind of just like Aaron's posting recently. just strikes me as genuinely town. And the isis unvote, and the way he talked to datisi in his last post.

i'll try to actually be online when other people are at some point soon hopefully :\
re: Aaron, I actually feel the opposite? Like, I kind of held off on responding to them for a bit just to get some distance on that first impression/avoid getting too tunnelly, but 733's a bad look imo. It just feels like more of the same, taking refuge in the gamestate being "sort of stalled" to--again--get out of actually having to opine on anyone. Like, there are some tonal things that are maybe nice in this most recent batch of posts, but a lot of it still boils down to "I'm not sure how to feel about this"--which would be a lot less egregious if there where any sense of urgency, which I don't get from Aaron at all. Part of me wants to like for the pushback on you (don't think you ever answered this btw) but it's very much just echoing what I said, and in the context of 564-66 it's hard not to take it as buddying. I kind of want to like the back-and-forth with Dat, too, but like.... 604 is just stones/glass houses, etc. & 733 isn't even really an answer?
Would love for anyone to change my mind on this.
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

dats i'm responding to your here

i'm not trying to make you react in any particular way, was just kinda hoping that it would spark a dialogue so that we could talk and i could sort u cuz i feel like we haven't interacted super much particularly in this game

do you think i/my slot ought to be townreading you yet? cuz like i feel like that's been bandied about quite a bit thus far and i'm just not quite seeing it yet

and ig you're kinda the progenitor of htis whole 'aaron is scum for doing iioa' thing and i'm not really sure i see that read? like ig if you're looking to vote him you can characterize his posts as such but like i'm not really sure that's what's behind his votes

ty for explaining the isis -> aaron thing tho, i appreciate it, and it helped me see wht you were thinking around then
but ig i kinda disliked the timing of your isis vote - it felt a bit like you decided it was time to help the wagon along, if that makes sense, once it kinda stalled out. like it was a weird time to hop on just then. and like i see your explanation and i can see it being plausible, but at the very same time it just doesn't feel 100% real to me? i'm not sure how much that makes sense but i'm like trying to articulate what i'm feeling/vibing rn and i'm not sure how good of a job i'm doing

~ skitter
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 774, implosion wrote:This is the first post this game that’s made me say “ oh yeah, that’s what skitters town game looks like”.

Is there a reason that took so long? I know you’re also good as scum so I don’t really know what to make of it.
uh idk beyond 'i was really busy last week and was only giving like a half a thought to this game'
not sure why that post in particular made you see town-me tho

~ skitter
First in, last out
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Isis »

I disliked the timing of Datisi's Isis vote because its timing wasn't postgame discussion.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 782, Schiavetto wrote:
In post 738, implosion wrote:I do kind of just like Aaron's posting recently. just strikes me as genuinely town. And the isis unvote, and the way he talked to datisi in his last post.

i'll try to actually be online when other people are at some point soon hopefully :\
re: Aaron, I actually feel the opposite? Like, I kind of held off on responding to them for a bit just to get some distance on that first impression/avoid getting too tunnelly, but 733's a bad look imo. It just feels like more of the same, taking refuge in the gamestate being "sort of stalled" to--again--get out of actually having to opine on anyone. Like, there are some tonal things that are maybe nice in this most recent batch of posts, but a lot of it still boils down to "I'm not sure how to feel about this"--which would be a lot less egregious if there where any sense of urgency, which I don't get from Aaron at all. Part of me wants to like for the pushback on you (don't think you ever answered this btw) but it's very much just echoing what I said, and in the context of 564-66 it's hard not to take it as buddying. I kind of want to like the back-and-forth with Dat, too, but like.... 604 is just stones/glass houses, etc. & 733 isn't even really an answer?
Would love for anyone to change my mind on this.
I can see a reading of 733 that's mediocre but I don't really see it as significantly scum-indicative.

To answer the post I never answered it comes down to being bold about the haiku thing. It's a kind of dynamic that I can see scum avoiding engaging in. It's a minor thing. I think someone else said something similar about it.
In post 784, Bridgeburners wrote:
In post 774, implosion wrote:This is the first post this game that’s made me say “ oh yeah, that’s what skitters town game looks like”.

Is there a reason that took so long? I know you’re also good as scum so I don’t really know what to make of it.
uh idk beyond 'i was really busy last week and was only giving like a half a thought to this game'
not sure why that post in particular made you see town-me tho

~ skitter
Fair. I'll not answer why and see if you keep doing it; I don't actually know if it's actually a towntell for you but.

What is it from me this game that you've found scummy-but-not-in-a-way-that-you're-sure-actually-means-i'm-scum?
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

@ implo:

~ your early game penguin read felt kinda weird, almost like that interaction wasn't tvt ( and )

~ your earlygame dats townread was also fairly bizarre and felt like it came too early to me? like this is one of the 'dats is town' reads that seem fairly prevalent and i just ... don't get why

~ similarly, , although abt ben, feels like it's oriented towards dats almost? like you're trying to get on dats' side in that conflict? idk felt weird

~ mena didn't particularly like that you called our slot scum but was fine waiting to resolve this read via waiting to see if we died or not. tbf this i didn't really mind.

~ you shaded the aff-scum thing when that was a thing, but without like really commiting to it

~ putting both us and isis on your bottom tier of your readlist was, like, a take, ig. that didn't make much sense to me

~ again with the strong town on dats that feels kinda unwarranted

~ and then you were promoting the isis wagon well after it stopped being a particularly viable thing, and like, i don't get the timing

and like i'm not sure that that all adds up to scum-implo but i keep going hmmmmmm??????? and like i don't have happy-feel-good-vibes because i don't super get how you're approaching this game really

~ skitter
First in, last out
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Isis »

I don't like when people scumcase eachother and I'm not convinced by the scumcase but I townread the way she went about it cause it doesn't give me anybody to vote
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

i mean i only did cuz implo asked me too

~ skitter
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

and i'm not sure i agree with the scumcase either, that's my problem

~ skitter
First in, last out
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by Isis »

implo has felt somewhat less towny in general past couple RL days but I distantly remember really liking something which means I would need to reread to due dilligence actually voting there but that is EFFORT auugh

when I could be lazy and just policy vote

or paranoia PP

or something
"Well, I..."
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

I feel like you're townreading me off of posts I've made that I don't feel should be AI. You mentioned earlier that you like my 266 and 167 so can you elaborate on why you read those as town?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 777, Infinity 324 wrote:@datisi Are you still SRing ben
i guess??? like i don't think anything in his recent posts (or like, any posts for that matter) made me go like "yes... this is town..." and i do think there's still decent enough chance he's scum, but that decent enough chance is not like, decent *enough* for me to start screaming and fighting the uphill battle against consensus to get him flipped today

and like. if ben isn't happening today then sorting him today isn't really a priority, so i'd rather kinda let that sit till day 2 bc i know i could be confbiased here, and i assume day2!datisi will be like, fresher and smarter (or possibly dead but then i extra don't have to sort him so)
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 742, Isis wrote:does anyone just want to eliminate the scum hydra for not even pretending to maintain a read progression
I think that weird progression can be explained more by hydra dissonace than it can as a scum progression so not really
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

I think bridgeburners is someone I'd rather sort later anyways just because I've been historically inaccurate at reading both heads of that hydra in the past
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 748, Datisi wrote:
In post 733, AaronFrost wrote:Do I have to agree with all of Isis's posts in order to townread Isis? Because that's not really what my read on Isis is based on.
no, but i think i didn't express myself well. i wanted to ask you to look at it from my pov - isis has seen me be not-townie, and to me it felt like a shitpush. you cited some of those posts as ~natural and logical~. do you still view them as so, after knowing about the meta?
If you're asking me if I think you being not obv-town is an indicator that you're scum this game, the answer is no. My whole point was that I can see why town isis thinks this is the case based on her experience playing with you, even if I don't think there's a correlation with Datisi being not obv-town = Datisi scum.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 783, Bridgeburners wrote:do you think i/my slot ought to be townreading you yet? cuz like i feel like that's been bandied about quite a bit thus far and i'm just not quite seeing it yet

and ig you're kinda the progenitor of htis whole 'aaron is scum for doing iioa' thing and i'm not really sure i see that read? like ig if you're looking to vote him you can characterize his posts as such but like i'm not really sure that's what's behind his votes

ty for explaining the isis -> aaron thing tho, i appreciate it, and it helped me see wht you were thinking around then
but ig i kinda disliked the timing of your isis vote - it felt a bit like you decided it was time to help the wagon along, if that makes sense, once it kinda stalled out. like it was a weird time to hop on just then. and like i see your explanation and i can see it being plausible, but at the very same time it just doesn't feel 100% real to me? i'm not sure how much that makes sense but i'm like trying to articulate what i'm feeling/vibing rn and i'm not sure how good of a job i'm doing
i have no clue about you because i don't know how skitter machine works
i can understand mena not yet explicitly townreading me here but i also don't think he should be voting me which is partly why i'm interested for him to get on the phone here (is that the expression? you know what i mean)

i mean like, that's partly why i voted him. if you don't agree with that read/conclusion, fine, but i'm not sure i get what you're trying to ask me here? like the way the second sentence is formed makes me think that you're asking *me* for explanation of other people's votes on him?

i think i get why you think the timing was weird
like as soon as i saw those posts from isis on me, i wanted to vote her, but she was on 5 votes, and i cannot just put someone to 6 votes in a n_m game, but i also didn't wanna give intent yet because i wanted to see her response to me first
so after aaron unvoted, i could then vote her without putting her in lolhammer range
if that's what you meant by my timing being off, then yeah i get it
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Datisi »

did that really take me 15 minutes to type up oh my god i should not be awake right now
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 796, AaronFrost wrote:My whole point was that I can see why town isis thinks this is the case based on her experience playing with you
and my whole point was that the experience that she was citing was not actually the full extent of it and whether the knowledge that it actually wasn't the full extent changed your outlook

but as this is a point i have kinda given up on myself i don't know if there's much point dragging this line of discussion further
~M

Return to “Completed Open Games”