Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.12

AaronFrost (5) - Petapan, Infinity 324, Implosion, Bridgeburners, Shirou
Implosion (4) - PenguinPower, seCret hYdra, Schiavetto, Isis
Something_Smart (2) - Datisi, Not_Mafia

Not voting (2) - AaronFrost, Something_Smart

(expired on 2021-02-16 10:41:00) remain until day end

Shirou is V/LA through February 18.

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to reach a majority.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:51 am

Post by SirCakez »

Prodding AaronFrost
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:11 am

Post by Isis »

VOTE: aaronfrosr
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Bridgeburners »

i agree that this day needs to end
i would just like to say that i'm not aprticularly confident that aff is gonna flip scum; and if it weren't for deadline and this day dragging i would be pushing peta rn, and i would like that to be kept in mind tomorrow in case we die plz
(not sure how likely that is but i'm hoping that in case that does happen me saying this will be remembered tom just in case)

actually i will UNVOTE: as we're at nm-quickhammer territory and we should do this properly and get a claim first, but my vote is on in spirit otherwise, and will probably put it back on afterwards

so like aaron consider my vote on you for claiming purposes please

~ skitter
First in, last out
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:34 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Consider me lolhammering to deny n_m the pleasure.
<(") | (")>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I'm not opposed to killing Aaron, but I haven't seen much in the way of reasons. Can someone give me a tl;dr of the case against him?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Bridgeburners »

i'm not sure there is one, beyond feeling like 'underwhelmed', which is why i'm not super confident he's gonna flip scum

~ skitteR
First in, last out
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Isis »

S S stop acting like outed scum
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Isis »

Like is that a 1day 19 hour post to you
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Isis »

I guess you is s s tho
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:45 am

1 day 19 hours is plenty of time for someone to give me a summary of the Aaron case and for me to evaluate it. Plus, it seems like skitter agrees with me that there isn't really one, or at least it isn't obvious.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Isis »

he posted IIoA so he must die
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:51 am

IIoA is one of my least favorite buzzwords.

Can you link to the offending post(s)?
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

i'm feeling increasingly like this is gonna end with a misflip :/

~ skitteR
First in, last out
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

May i suggest implosion?
<(") | (")>
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1862, Something_Smart wrote:IIoA is one of my least favorite buzzwords.

Can you link to the offending post(s)?
we're not friends now
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Isis »

implosion seems more like he has teammates kinda
"Well, I..."
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

ig i feel marginally better abt voting implo, but not really :/

~ skitter
First in, last out
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by Isis »

vote me it will feel good like margarine
"Well, I..."
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1848, Bridgeburners wrote:1. ig this kinda ties into a what i was saying in one of the later points - you've done this thing a few times, where you just pull out a bunch of posts from somebody's iso, label them bad, and ig it feels to me like a lot of shade that isn't going anywhere (AFF, schiavetto, complaining abt votes on the implo wagon), and it feels discordant with the fact that so many other people are struggling to find townreads, and you're just, like, shading a lot of people. i'm not sure you're like explicitly going: i scumread players A, b, c, d, and e. that's kinda why i'm calling it more subtle, and why i kinda agree with you that you ahven't produced that many scumreads. however, despite few *explicit* scumreads, there's a lot of shade coming from your slot, which is sort of having the overall effect of like weakening other players' positions in the game by adding to a chorus of people stating scumreads/not-townreads on a particular player. the thing is that yours don't feel like you actually have those reads, but rather that you're contributing to the noise and confusion if that makes sense

2. (ig the above point bleeds into this one as well). and i have a few comments here: a) why are you townreading implo so strongly that the rest of your positioning this eod seems to revolve around him? b) this is kinda ignoring my point r.e. penguin, and casting people as scummy, in general c) i may have misread what you were saying r.e. voting ss, so ok sure i retract that point in particular. d) but you just, like, idk feel like you're trying to position yourself this eod more than i feel like you're trying to flip scum this eod, and i do feel like you're trying to justify votes and shade people and like idk it feels a little manipulative and slimy to me (in the sense that i think you may be scum trying to like make a good gamestate for your team and firm up your positioning by weakening that of many of the weaker-positioned players, not in the sense that i feel like you're playing underhandedly or in a way that i find distasteful, to be clear)

3. also this seems kinda incongruent to me: you were following along enough to know you want to be in this game and were tracking things for several days before repping in, but you have no real reads from that experience? that doesn't, like, fully 'gel' to me

4. you're talking to me like you're townreading me, and like you want me to not be scumreading you
5. what didn't you like from sechyd in the shirou rep-in? right around there is where townreading them sort of 'clicked' for me

~ skitteR
1. i actually think schiavetto is quite towny, for the record. i just don't think their case on implosion is that strong. but overall i have had more people i defended in some way thinking they are towny than people i have actually attacked. like right now i think schiavetto, PP, shirou are town, maybe isis, maybe you, had early townreads on infinity and implosion but probably want to refresh those, had a strong townread on datisi before i replaced in as well, is that me discrediting too many people?

2. i'm not super solid on implo town but don't think there's a good case on him and disagree with the wagon. i could, of course, be horribly wrong but if i disagree with a wagon i'm going to say so, and examining the reasons there they seemed not very solid to me. (full disclosure: implosion and i are from the same homesite but haven't played together in forever, i'm going to be biased there but i think on net still feel like he's town)

3. i'm being lazy/i don't like pronouncing reads on people before i have a decent degree of confidence on them. again, i don't really have a problem but i don't have strong feelings here. maybe i'll start efforting in a showoffy way, or maybe i'll just continue to play this way out of spite. who knows!

4. i suppose so, i'm going to engage with you until i feel something is off. and, like, the thing is i feel you are probably "correct" to not be townreading me by how i've played so far, because i don't think i've been especially town, but i have a reflex to get annoyed at not being townread regardless and so i'm stuck here arguing with you

5. the specific attacks he was making didn't sit right with me. like 1140 feels like it's trying to put everything about that post in the worst possible light - shirou says he's going to try to restrain his activity and gets attacked for this, somehow he is attacked for actively lurking the game before replacing in (which makes no sense), and shirou makes an offhanded comment about expecting ben to be a person who gets wagoned, and this gets called "discrediting the ben wagon while fence-sitting it", when really it is neither

the whole thing feels fuckin' dirty looking back at it, like he's just straining to attack everything shirou says
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by petapan »

aaron had too many posts that existed as general commentary without really expressing an opinion and when he did put out reads they were soft, not much pressure anywhere, just some weak townreads i think, didn't look very scumhunt-y
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 483, Datisi wrote:
In post 482, Bridgeburners wrote:I would like to know what about the isis wagon feels evil and why, btw dats

Also, would like to know why it’s AFF?

-QB
i don't know. i get a bad feeling from the fact the game was after ben and she kept calling ben townie and now it's slowly turning against her and she is just making posts like which i feel like don't help her case at all? like this sorta quietness/shutting down is something i'd maybe expect from newer scum but not like, isis!scum?

can i say ~gut~? earlier in the game i got an off vibe from him for a bit but i ignored it bc i was more interested in ben at the time. now i feel like a good number of his posts doesn't actually serve a purpose (e.g. , , ) and i didn't like his vote on isis
like this was a good post by datisi when i saw it, and nothing in particular in the 10 days (!!!) since then have changed my mind much at all
free crypto
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Isis »

petapan this is your homesite :angry piplup:
"Well, I..."
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by petapan »

in my heart i'm forever an epic mafia troll, sorry
free crypto
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

peta am i understanding this right:
- you're staying off of implo because while you're not solidly townreading him you don't like his wagon
- you're voting for aff for essentially being underwhelming?

like it doesn't 100% make sense to me that you're basically avoiding implo because you disagree with the wagon while voting aff for fairly weak reasons / piggy-backing off of dats post as he's being wagoned for kinda meh reasons ....

~ skitteR
First in, last out

Return to “Completed Open Games”