Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by Isis »

"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by Isis »

"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:39 pm

Post by Isis »

don't vote S_S he rolled town
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:39 pm

Post by Isis »

he is playing the S_S towngame that actually looks precisely like everyone else's scumgame thingy
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:40 pm

Post by Isis »

and he tried to break my defense based on framement but the framiment itself is still relevant
"Well, I..."
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:58 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 1921, Something_Smart wrote:Well, for one, I don't think it's true that town are more likely to be stalling out a wagon on town than scum are. Especially if implosion is also town, scum might be positioned to whiteknight me, or they might be unable to switch to push me, or they might just want to encourage apathy and slow the game down.

And aside from that, it seems like most of the information you get from flipping one of me/implosion comes if the person flipped is scum... which leads me back to my point, which is that you should be trying to hit scum, not trying to get information. I don't agree that me/implosion are necessarily going to be the foci of D2 if we don't die today; Aaron has a bigger wagon than either of us right now! And I've accumulated a couple of pretty vehement defenders (Isis, skitter) who will probably be trying to block a wagon on me tomorrow. (Plus I might have a result.)

So your post reads as an excuse to try to drag the focus back onto me/implosion more than anything. I could even say it looks like you're complaining that your mis-exes are slipping away, though that's quite a reach. But I don't like it.
oh don't get me wrong

i am ABSOLUTELY trying to get the focus back on you/implosion
i very much am aiming to hit scum, and i think that flipping in the 2 of you yields the highest % of achieving that today

'gaining information' is a sort of worst case 'what do we still get if this does hit town' kinda thing

and that shady ass remark about seeing 'misexes slip away' is bullshit and you know it

its only in a world of exactly scum!sechyd + scum!AFF that I would have to be worried about that -> yeet aaron today, get focus back onto my 'misexes' tomorrow

so yeah

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:59 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 1927, Isis wrote:don't vote S_S he rolled town
ben rolled scum tho

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:03 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1930, seCret hYdra wrote:i am ABSOLUTELY trying to get the focus back on you/implosion
Oh I know. I'm not saying you're trying to be subtle or sneaky about it. I'm just saying your arguments for doing so are terrible and may not be your true reasons.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:04 pm

In post 1930, seCret hYdra wrote:i very much am aiming to hit scum, and i think that flipping in the 2 of you yields the highest % of achieving that today
So you think that skitter and Isis... are my scumbuddies? Or that you know me better than they do? Or what?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:04 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 1932, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1930, seCret hYdra wrote:i am ABSOLUTELY trying to get the focus back on you/implosion
Oh I know. I'm not saying you're trying to be subtle or sneaky about it. I'm just saying your arguments for doing so are terrible and may not be your true reasons.
i've been pushing your slot for the majority of this day, my other head has been on Implo for a while and when we see attention go away from our desired pushes, we try to get back to that

yeah, absolutely terrible argumentation

imagine someone trying to push their scumreads right

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 1933, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1930, seCret hYdra wrote:i very much am aiming to hit scum, and i think that flipping in the 2 of you yields the highest % of achieving that today
So you think that skitter and Isis... are my scumbuddies? Or that you know me better than they do? Or what?
i said no such thing

why are you trying to put words in my mouth?

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:05 pm

In post 1930, seCret hYdra wrote:and that shady ass remark about seeing 'misexes slip away' is bullshit and you know it
And I mean I admitted this was a stretch. It's not impossible, though it is unlikely. It doesn't require you to be scum with Aaron; I'm a claimed tracker, and leaving me alive is kinda dangerous for scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:06 pm

In post 1935, seCret hYdra wrote:i said no such thing

-seCret
I'm trying to ask you why you think I have a high chance of flipping scum when two separate slots are very confident that I'm town.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by implosion »

i very much am aiming to hit scum, and i think that flipping in the 2 of you yields the highest % of achieving that today
This feels very... equivocate-y. Your explanation in 1918 was all about getting information, not about us being the most likely scum. And like, 1918 is really terrible logic. But beyond that the relevant thing here is it feels like you're trying to paint this picture where both me and S_S eventually being flipped is inevitable because of the info we'd get and

Like. there was a huge isis wagon? and a big-ass aaron wagon right now? what happened to those???? why is the information from those on a different level from the information from mine and S_S's? Is it just some excuse to claim that the people your heads scumread are the people that should die anyway?

I can't tell if this is just some kind of sechyd thinking themselves into a hole or if it's scum manufacturing logic to sound like they have a coherent logic. Or if there's just some step to the logic I'm missing.
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 1937, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1935, seCret hYdra wrote:i said no such thing

-seCret
I'm trying to ask you why you think I have a high chance of flipping scum when two separate slots are very confident that I'm town.
ooooh i missed that yeah

you being townread by 2 slots makes you conftown/unpusheable

gottit

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:09 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 1938, implosion wrote:
This feels very... equivocate-y. Your explanation in 1918 was all about getting information, not about us being the most likely scum. And like, 1918 is really terrible logic. But beyond that the relevant thing here is it feels like you're trying to paint this picture where both me and S_S eventually being flipped is inevitable because of the info we'd get and

Like. there was a huge isis wagon? and a big-ass aaron wagon right now? what happened to those???? why is the information from those on a different level from the information from mine and S_S's? Is it just some excuse to claim that the people your heads scumread are the people that should die anyway?

I can't tell if this is just some kind of sechyd thinking themselves into a hole or if it's scum manufacturing logic to sound like they have a coherent logic. Or if there's just some step to the logic I'm missing.
it's really not rocket science

2 major competing wagons nearing EoD
lots of shifting

there is only profit here

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:10 pm

Post by implosion »

the competing wagons near eod right now are me and aaron...
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:10 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

Why not isis? She improved a lot over the day. It was a good early wagon.
Why not aaron? Everyone can push there if they like. I don't see it.

I prefer sticking to the slots my other head and I are *actually* scumreading

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:11 pm

In post 1939, seCret hYdra wrote:you being townread by 2 slots makes you conftown/unpusheable
Let me rephrase the question more directly.

Assume I'm scum. Why are Isis and skitter so confidently wrong about me?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:11 pm

Post by implosion »

like, sure. but i could make an equally valid argument that if we go on aaron then we have not only the usefulness of looking at how his wagon sprang up out of nowhere, but also the early wagon on him and how it competed with the isis wagon, if he flips town.

It just feels fully arbitrary.
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:11 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 1941, implosion wrote:the competing wagons near eod right now are me and aaron...
because attention suddenly completely shifted away from SS for ?? reasons

i don't like that

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1942, seCret hYdra wrote:Why not isis? She improved a lot over the day. It was a good early wagon.
Why not aaron? Everyone can push there if they like. I don't see it.

I prefer sticking to the slots my other head and I are *actually* scumreading

-seCret
so the "information" thing is fully just a back-justification then?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1945, seCret hYdra wrote:
In post 1941, implosion wrote:the competing wagons near eod right now are me and aaron...
because attention suddenly completely shifted away from SS for ?? reasons

i don't like that

-seCret
have you heard of stalling
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 1943, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1939, seCret hYdra wrote:you being townread by 2 slots makes you conftown/unpusheable
Let me rephrase the question more directly.

Assume I'm scum. Why are Isis and skitter so confidently wrong about me?
I don't know? Because they are just wrong in that case? Is that impossible/improbable?

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:12 pm

In post 1942, seCret hYdra wrote:I prefer sticking to the slots my other head and I are *actually* scumreading
Why do you scumread me and implosion?

Return to “Completed Open Games”