TM 2021 Large Normal 2: Wikipedia Integer Facts (Over)

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #4075 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Ythan »

If you even wanted to entertain that he would go first.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4076 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Bell »

I'm aware.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #4077 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Ythan »

And I think the vig deserves a chance first because there is nothing to be gained from running up a probable you-know.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4078 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Cephrir »

the vig should shoot someone with a decent chance of flipping scum c:
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #4079 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Ythan »

Yes but if we come to a point that a50 would be eliminated then it's better for the vig to have a chance to shoot him.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4080 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3633, innocentvillager wrote:OkaPoka - Oka feels kind of like me this game, in that if he is scum, he has been faking all the highs and lows of the deadline scramble, being present when it's urgent, and actively pushing the town to be productive at times when it felt pretty natural to do so. His confidence and excitement on pushing DGB especially when the major wagons we've revealed have all been town feels like an unnecessary amount of weight to be putting behind an elimination, although I'll admit that this could be agenda-motivated because without him DGB probably doesn't become a wagon so maybe NAI. I feel like Oka is more of a town player from his style and I don't believe he can deepwolf this convincingly as scum (if I'm wrong, please link me a game and let me know), nor is he as incentivized to anymore with his team already losing Black Flag. If he's scum I'm kind of fine letting him keep being himself and just get more readable over time. But I'm also open to reconsidering here that he's for some reason decided to effort and play the deepwolf here.
It may be a stupid reason, but.

Last game, Oka felt frustrated, emotional, aggravated, in a way that I've felt is absent from this game.

And yes--that is actually a major part of the scumread I have there.

Last game, OkaPoka radiated the energy that he felt like he was pulling out his hair trying.
This game, OkaPoka radiates energy of...nothing.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4081 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3892, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3830, Luca Blight wrote:It also potentially gives scum a valuable heads up
This line alone should make you rethink your SR on Titus. Why would SCUM her announce it in the thread, rather than share it with her team in the PT? I can only see ONE possibility for that to happen, and that would be if Titus is Scum
with
the Babysitter, and even then I don't see why they would preemptively out the existence of that role.

Disagree?
In post 3893, Ythan wrote:I can imagine if I were scum and got targeted by an announcer I might feel it would seem scummy to hide it.
This thought had also crossed my mind. It could also be to draw reactions in order to determine who the babysitter is.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4082 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4080, mastina wrote:
In post 3633, innocentvillager wrote:OkaPoka - Oka feels kind of like me this game, in that if he is scum, he has been faking all the highs and lows of the deadline scramble, being present when it's urgent, and actively pushing the town to be productive at times when it felt pretty natural to do so. His confidence and excitement on pushing DGB especially when the major wagons we've revealed have all been town feels like an unnecessary amount of weight to be putting behind an elimination, although I'll admit that this could be agenda-motivated because without him DGB probably doesn't become a wagon so maybe NAI. I feel like Oka is more of a town player from his style and I don't believe he can deepwolf this convincingly as scum (if I'm wrong, please link me a game and let me know), nor is he as incentivized to anymore with his team already losing Black Flag. If he's scum I'm kind of fine letting him keep being himself and just get more readable over time. But I'm also open to reconsidering here that he's for some reason decided to effort and play the deepwolf here.
It may be a stupid reason, but.

Last game, Oka felt frustrated, emotional, aggravated, in a way that I've felt is absent from this game.

And yes--that is actually a major part of the scumread I have there.

Last game, OkaPoka radiated the energy that he felt like he was pulling out his hair trying.
This game, OkaPoka radiates energy of...nothing.
Wait I think I can actually give this better wording.
Last game, Oka felt incredulous towards players like me. He felt baffled by what amounts to what he saw as "the stupidity".
This game, he really hasn't been.

Oka last game radiated the energy of basically tryharding and being frustrated by shortcomings in this effort.
This game, Oka's posting a lot, but when the efforts come up short, he...more or less goes "oh well" and doesn't do anything about it other than try something else.
There's just...not the same emotional depth to his play, if that makes sense.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4083 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by Cephrir »

that's actually the most sense you've made all game
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4084 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3900, Winter Flakes wrote:VOTE: luca
the spirit of dann flows through me
This is some weak sauce.
In post 3901, Winter Flakes wrote:ythan wagon is really meh like to me it just seems like policy based on personality which i don't really like. don't think it has a good chance of flipping red either imo

jjh i'm more willing to vote but i wanna go here first
Why?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4085 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3904, Cephrir wrote:
In post 3900, Winter Flakes wrote:VOTE: luca
the spirit of dann flows through me
This also continues to be fine
Anything you want to talk about?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4086 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3656, OkaPoka wrote:meh he voted ythan to compromise or something
also he didnt open with a ythan vote he waited and used ioa
idk dude it doesnt make sense
i scumread both, my reaction is ????????????????????????????????????????????
I think I can explain it further.
Oka is in some senses an inverse to hercule. hercule last game got incredulous to my scumread on him, with an overblown reaction; in contrast, this game he was fairly calm.

Oka last game got incredulous towards me, just in general, me, but also for the gamestate and everything. In contrast, this game he is fairly calm, in spite of a similar gamestate of sorts.

Like, in the post I am quoting: do you see any emotion from Oka? Subject: TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)
OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1079, Titus wrote:
In post 1077, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1076, Titus wrote:
In post 832, innocentvillager wrote:again multitasking which is why this took so long

Hopkirk is close to a townread but he is not at the level of unwnd or hercule for me. i get the feeling he's just a good player which makes me paranoid of his scumrange. honestly my eyes glaze over his posting (potentially not ideal) but the vibe I get is that it looks like he's being helpful and engaging everyone in an effort to understand what's going on. if he's establishing himself to push an agenda i have a feeling we'll see it later but im very okay having this slot around for now.

JacksonVirgo - mostly a tonal read. i don't love 526 or 533 but the posts i thought were +town are: 534, 597, 598, 599, 647, 648. it's hard to explain it beyond just being openly frustrated and utterly not giving a shit about his thread perception which i have found in practice (in my anecdotal experience) to be a towntell for him.

A50 - this is like exactly the same as A50 in this one towngame we played and not at all how he played in this scumgame we did (granted he replaced in, which is different). there are moments like , , , that ring eerily similar. "but it's just A50's playstyle!" you might say. okay sure maybe, that's why he's one of my weaker townleans i guess. also is a really weird thing to post as scum but i obliged him since someone on my team thinks he can read him ok.

Xtoxm - unprompted and unpostury/interesting notes from Auro are good, i liked for example. don't see an agenda from this slot, not postury, takes are pretty reasonable. other people townreading them too despite lack of content quantity which feels good. weaker townlean probably

TW - ill likely be revisiting this a lot bc im paranoid. here's the reasoning i gave earlier
In post 496, innocentvillager wrote:rn it's leantown i think with the engagement and with the hinting on Datisi scumreading me so early (inside thing where town!Datisi has tunneled early town!me for two games in a row, i like that Datisi gave the read and the worst mentioned it unprompted). his entrance felt forced but on reread it's not bad. could be some confbiasing going on there so im conflicted, idk, im gonna just like worsty be a slow burn read for me.
and i think with your recent interaction with me im townreading you even more. i think your disengagement from this game is fine in the context of being busy and maybe even +town in a vacuum. also i think it's easy for scum!you to try and pocket me and you've done everything but engage with me and pocket me.
I'm ok adding IV to my townblock
i dont think that's how townblocks work

iv is voting you
Haven't got there yet, but I'm ok with putting him in my never eliminate pile.
literally three posts down
not talking to you until you catchup because my sanity is gone
Subject: TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)
OkaPoka wrote:you know what instead of interacting with mastina
raise your hand if you agree with mastina's interpretation of time and events, if you raise your hand I'll interact with you instead
OkaPoka wrote:someone translate mastina's posts for me i cant look at them
OkaPoka wrote:or agar for you: if I voted mastina right now it would be because I can't find a good scum flip and want to go for policy, but i have a couple reads i want to flip so yeah
OkaPoka wrote:points 3 and 4 mastina, points 3 and 4
OkaPoka wrote:like mastina think critically about why people haven't flipped to agree with you even though you are posting mega walls with logical steps
you are missing massive amounts of context that everyone else has, stop arguing with me until you've read up
OkaPoka wrote:fuck it too many people have tmi'd xtoxm as town and literally not one of them can explain why he is town
mastina is the closest but her best argument boils down to xtoxm wouldn't play so shit as scum
UNVOTE:
OkaPoka wrote:If im a noise generator, you are a fucking banshee
OkaPoka wrote:Legitimately push a fucking scum case on me jesus
Compare to things like this from last game.

Oka in particular engaging me on Xtoxm was a point of emotion from him that couldn't come from scum because he was town.

Oka in this game has...nothing which he had there.

There's none of that emotion, none of that frustration, none of that.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4087 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

notice how the moment i got emotional i went from hitting two scum to hitting no scum
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #4088 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by Ythan »

Are you saying you adjusted your play between games to be better town?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4089 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3696, OkaPoka wrote:hmm
checks out tbh
Also, I do want to ask:
Last game, Oka had pretty good solves and even when he had doubt thrown on the solves he had alternatives almost immediately. He had strong stances that he backed with reason and was actively trying to lead the town while dealing with the frustrations of the town doing bad town things.

This game, Oka has...well he has stances but he's pretty passive about it and he's not putting forward many and when he does it's not with much reason. He's more timid, he's more reserved, he's not charging forward.

Why the strong contrast?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4090 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i made some adjustments yeah
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #4091 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ever notice anything like this in all the games you've played in the past or was it the first run of this game that it clicked?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4092 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

wdym?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4093 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3719, OkaPoka wrote:a50 pushing a me + ythan scumteam is ridiculously considering what happened yesterday to the point where again i still have nothing to say
Like: last game, A50 pushing an Oka-Ythan scumteam, just as ridiculous that game as this game, would've caused Oka to have a bit of a blowup.

Here, he says it himself: he has nothing to say.

The calmness, the lack of emotion, is itself disconcerning. Oka lacks passion here. He's not exactly lifeless; he's active, he's posting, he's giving stuff, etc. He's just not...showing emotion.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #4094 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 4092, OkaPoka wrote:wdym?
Given you've been here seven years it just seems awfully convenient to suddenly make a change like that now. Ykwim?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4095 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Mastina, can you remind me why you TR jjh?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4096 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 4094, Ythan wrote:
In post 4092, OkaPoka wrote:wdym?
Given you've been here seven years it just seems awfully convenient to suddenly make a change like that now. Ykwim?
oh like changing between games? its not like i have a set meta tbh. the thing is honestly i dont have that many games for a person with my postcount and years because i pretty much play one game at a time and devote all my attention to that one game

i kinda just like to try what good players are doing and then copy and then slowly adjust between games to make it work for me you know
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #4097 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Ythan »

Cool cool ty.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4098 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

plus pre re roll my team was in the running to win the event because the event just started and well, it doesnt really matter to me now if i get scored highly or not for actively forming townblocs and shit you know

anyways self meta is annoying so i tried to be as neutral as possible ig, more fun to talk about my meta in a theoretical sense like im a scholar or something
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4099 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3837, jjh927 wrote:I'm feeling a bit lost rn