Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Morning Vote Count 1.01

Morning 1 will end in (expired on 2021-02-22 15:17:03)

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to deliver
Lucretia's Comb
to a player. If no one receives that many votes by deadline, plurality rules will apply.

Prism (2): sangres, Tammy
Spiffeh (2): Spiffeh, SirCakez
Battle Mage (1): Titus
SirCakez (1): MathBlade
Lady Lambdadelta (3): PookyTheMagicalBear, Battle Mage, Bell
sangres (1): Prism

Not voting (7): borkjerfkin, Kitty Trauma Team, Lady Lambdadelta, mastina, GreyICE, quiet, Dunnstral

Mod notes: borkjerfkin is V/LA
6/85 pages used
If Morning 1 ended now, the Artifact recipient would be Lady Lambdadelta
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 112, Spiffeh wrote:I am not shitposting I have already telegraphed to Tammy that I'm town which is a very good use of my time tyvm

Just waiting on the rest of you to stop being dramatic and accept it too!
@Tammy, how are you feeling about this?
In post 133, SirCakez wrote:Pooky does not have anyone's back, I've learned recently
Elaborate?
In post 141, Prism wrote:Thought about it more, haven't read last page and can't atm but zero chance sangres is scum here

VOTE: Sangres
There is nothing outside my scum range in this thread yet. Probably goes double for Nacho. But, you're not wrong, so

Are you trying to ignite my paranoia? You'd need purple goo and a neutralizer bag to put it out.

In post 144, Bell wrote:VOTE: LLD

I'm available, call me If you change your mind.
I feel like you're going to break my heart this game.
In post 146, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
In post 111, MathBlade wrote:Mala is probably town.
An early read on me doesn’t sit right.

<...>
~M
Have you played with Math since coming back from hiatus?

I haven't. Nacho probably has more recent game experience than me.

I'm not townreading Math.
In post 147, Tammy wrote:But I also think that Nacho told you one of the reasons I recognized you as scum in Battlestar because I think you'd kinda reflexively do it again, and I know that he had a pretty detailed plan with you for misbronzing me if you guys rolled scum, which I know he said he can't do now because he tole me about it. Anyway, I liked it and I feel weird right now that I keep having good feels about people and I'm about to go all leap of faith lol.
re BSG game, if he ever told me, I don't remember, so I'm gonna ask.

And yeah, he had an elaborate plan, but hadn't shared details with me before he got drunk and spilled it to you. He thought I'd be the perfect hydra partner for whatever the shenanigans were, though. Probably won't happen in a sangres game, now. Which is probably good for my nerves.

Leap of faith is exactly what I'm doing with my vote. I know (better than I used to) that Prism can be incredibly town-feeling as scum. But this doesn't feel incredibly town. It just feels...town.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 110, MathBlade wrote:I think Spiffeh town BM scum Prism null LLD scum lean Cakez is prob town but scum in a very minor circumstance so not considering it. If I am right then Titus is town by proxy.
Scummy reads
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm on my phone so pretty limited, but the short of it is that sangres would make a bigger show of paranoia here, which hasn't happened yet. They also respect my towngame too much to fight on my behalf out of the gate like this, let alone give me the artifact. Hard town.

Playstyle it's nice to have diversity.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Tammy »

My initial thought was that math looked townie due to the push on prism and the focus on hunting over trying to get yourself confirmed without realizing that prism was hunting in the process of that, and that reminded me of the game where math thought I was scum and focused on a misunderstanding and didn't let up. I don't buy into the scum qt response thing. I don't know it seems like something I might respond to if someone accused me of it. But i was taken a bit aback by him considering the prism could be town who was excited view because it cut at his scum read which seemed to be based on attempting to confirm without hunting. And I thought that when math blade gets a whiff of something, he's kinda more dogged on that. But that is based on exactly one game of experience and the description of his game years ago, and I could have a completely wrong understanding of him as a player and even if that was him at one time it doesn't mean that's still him. So help here if I'm completely wrong in my understanding.

Completely null on LLD's attack there. When I was skimming while walking I had a knee jerk this is scum response, but I'm not sure if it's oh for sure it's scum or if I just had a knee jerk aversion to the aggression, and I knee jerk almost always think someone is scum when they do the HERE'S ALL THE SCUM THIS IS TOO EASY thing. On the one hand, it's a very good scum approach to come in very aggressive and make a good impression while setting people off balance if you want to get the artifact, which as scum you do want to do right? And then on the other she probably would want it as town too especially if it's kill power. I went back to FGO though because I thought I remembered her arguing to become the master thingy day one, but she point out argued for why she was the best to get it rather than here which feels like she wants it but isn't coming out and saying it. Though she might walking in snow and reading means I could have missed something. So, this is to say I got my eye on you, quiver and shake in your boots while I waffle over here.

Pooky feels bad :(
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by Kitty Trauma Team »

@sangres:

I haven’t. I’ll eleborate more after he explains the townread on me if you don’t mind

~M
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 151, sangres wrote:
In post 112, Spiffeh wrote:I am not shitposting I have already telegraphed to Tammy that I'm town which is a very good use of my time tyvm

Just waiting on the rest of you to stop being dramatic and accept it too!
@Tammy, how are you feeling about this?
Cautiously optimistic!
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by quiet »

Hi people, only freshly traumatized by a couple of you. It should be fine.

I will not be voting for Prism to receive an artifact like, ever. Too raw. That being said, I reallllyyy don't know about this performative scum narrative; I can absolutely see a world where someone named John Doe has an artifact named John Doe's Hammer, and hands it over to someone to try and modconf themselves as John Doe. If I'm misreping the idea, lmk.

First impressions:
VOTE: Sangres as my first TR, mostly because 151 is towny, I don't think Prism + sangres are scum together both TRing each other, I don't think prism!Scum TRs scum as their first vote, and I don't think town!Prism is likely to be wrong here either.
I don't really know if I find LLD flailing particularly AI? I think that slot will resolve for me fairly rapidly.
(pedit: and oh look, Tammy shares the same opinion. +town points for being on my vibe at exactly the same time I got there)
People piling on Math a bit is interesting. Thoese interactions are the first place I want to do a re-read.
Tammy is towny to me, but someone can tell me if they're real good and none of what they've said is AI.

I feel like I should probably have more thoughts on Spiff, but I don't have any strong feelings at the moment.
Looking forward to hearing more from Bell and BM.

Exited to play! I'm also a fair amount busier at the moment, but I wasn't about to miss a Warehouse 13 game.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Titus »

Tammy has a point that scum likely already have a plan for who they want and don't want to get the artifact because they likely know what it does. Mathblade's opening assertion that we just give it to town feels a bit TMI ish. At the same time, I'm not sure if that's the correct assumption because we have no clue what it does.

If it was such a good artifact for town, why not just keep it or force it onto a less skilled player?

Scum might very well want a vocal active townie with the artifact due to its downside.

Let's suppose the artifact is a zonk (meaning it has no upside). Our obvtown spends a day passing to their biggest scumread. Scum then just lies about the artifact or can counteract its effects.

This feels like a zero sum game. I'm not really sure how to get this game moving without any threat to the scumteam at all.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by Kitty Trauma Team »

In post 158, Titus wrote:Scum might very well want a vocal active townie with the artifact due to its downside.
But there's nothing that says the vocal townie has to use it, is there? They could simply choose to pass it along themselves. Or am I misunderstanding?

-k
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 154, Tammy wrote:On the one hand, it's a very good scum approach to come in very aggressive and make a good impression while setting people off balance if you want to get the artifact, which as scum you do want to do right?
um if scum wanted the artifact, they could just take the artifact themselves right?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by Tammy »

Guys you had to read the instructions to give the confirmation phrase in order to confirm.

There can't be this many of you that just do not know how the mechanics work. It is not possible that I understand or believe I understand the mechanics better; we're not in that big an upside down world.

Some of you have to be faking it.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by Tammy »

The above was not prompted by Kuribo's post but by Pooky's.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 151, sangres wrote:Elaborate?
He's been scum lately
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 152, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 110, MathBlade wrote:I think Spiffeh town BM scum Prism null LLD scum lean Cakez is prob town but scum in a very minor circumstance so not considering it. If I am right then Titus is town by proxy.
Scummy reads
This all you have to say?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

for what it's worth, i confirmed without using the confirmation phrase (and then subsequently read the rules).
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 161, Tammy wrote:Guys you had to read the instructions to give the confirmation phrase in order to confirm.

There can't be this many of you that just do not know how the mechanics work. It is not possible that I understand or believe I understand the mechanics better; we're not in that big an upside down world.

Some of you have to be faking it.
Confirmation phrase? Seriously, the mod didn't make me but I'll read tonight.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I have some reads

One of them makes me sad :(
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Quiet I hope we can see more of you this game after booneytoonz had such a lame ending
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Wow penguin made me use the confirmation phrase...
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 160, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 154, Tammy wrote:On the one hand, it's a very good scum approach to come in very aggressive and make a good impression while setting people off balance if you want to get the artifact, which as scum you do want to do right?
um if scum wanted the artifact, they could just take the artifact themselves right?
But to answer your question:

"Two Artifacts are presented to the Mafia at the start of the Night phase. They pick one to keep by the end of the Night phase (along with a recipient for it, among their faction or elsewhere) and one that will go to the game thread at the start of the Morning, where the living players will vote on the recipient of that Artifact decided by plurality. The Morning will end if a majority vote is reached for the Artifact recipient."

They can only keep one. That doesn't mean that they wouldn't also want the other one if it might have a benefit to the town.

And, we don't know if scum know what the effects are unless I'm lol missing that from the instructions too. It looks like the recipient is the one who gain that knowledge, so the scum may be choosing blind on what they keep or give away and what they leave for the morning vote.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 164, SirCakez wrote:
In post 152, Dunnstral wrote:
Scummy reads
This all you have to say?
No I also didn't like post
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:20 pm

In post 170, Tammy wrote:But to answer your question:

"Two Artifacts are presented to the Mafia at the start of the Night phase. They pick one to keep by the end of the Night phase (along with a recipient for it, among their faction or elsewhere) and one that will go to the game thread at the start of the Morning, where the living players will vote on the recipient of that Artifact decided by plurality. The Morning will end if a majority vote is reached for the Artifact recipient."

They can only keep one. That doesn't mean that they wouldn't also want the other one if it might have a benefit to the town.

And, we don't know if scum know what the effects are unless I'm lol missing that from the instructions too. It looks like the recipient is the one who gain that knowledge, so the scum may be choosing blind on what they keep or give away and what they leave for the morning vote.

ok but if they want the haircomb thing

couldnt they just take the haircomb instead of sending the haircomb to the town and giving the other artifact to prism?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:23 pm

In post 170, Tammy wrote:And, we don't know if scum know what the effects are unless I'm lol missing that from the instructions too. It looks like the recipient is the one who gain that knowledge, so the scum may be choosing blind on what they keep or give away and what they leave for the morning vote.
im like assuming the scum know what the 2 artifacts do

but like if they don't know what the artifacts do, why the heck would they send the artifact to a townie ?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:26 pm