Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:36 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 299, Prism wrote:The most recent posts confirm for me that I just instinctively hate virtually every post Nacho makes from an alignment perspective, think this is the 5th/6th game in a row. There was one game he convinced me he was town as Imperium but every single other game I wind up thinking "Wow that's a bad post" and scumreading him and I'm throwing in the towel.
I loved your thoughts when you were scum. I loved your approach to the game, I love your drive, I love your passion, I loved almost everything about you when you were scum.

When you're town it seems like we're oil and water unless I'm serious mode.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm sorry but you have the wrong house, Tammy is next door, please get off my doorstep

On a more serious note, while it is in my interest to suggest this, we want to make sure we leave the majority of pages for the rest of the dayphase, ie. the bronzing/elimination. I'll take a step back for the night to make space for the town players who haven't posted, additionally.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:07 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 289, sangres wrote:
In post 272, Prism wrote:Ffery makes more of a show of uncertainty here, your response tackles positioning which is a completely separate issue and doesn't matter.

Neither of you are bad at the alignment but I am scared of neither of you.
This tracks.

And Tammy, this is part of the reason I'd like to roll scum soon! So many people now only know my scum game as the husk of a mafia player that I became at the end of hiatus - not everyone knows the might of House (insert name of whatever the fuck house it was when we got snowstorm mislynched after he got a cop guilty on me). I hate that people only know me for my valleys - I want people to see what Peakcho is capable of.
Gods do I wish that site was still up and that more people appreciated the awesomeness of the symp role as we ran it. Probably some of my best showing in a scum role ever just because of the freedom.

Kinda want to help kitty team out here, but sitting back makes things readable. Might need a hug or a support group or something later, so I'll maybe provide that lol.
In post 296, Prism wrote:Finally home so I can go more indepth.

First I want to preface this by saying I'm intentionally playing more abrasively. As mentioned before, diversity is nice and I'm tired of playing friends after Iceland.

Second, at the risk of echoing the Elo in Iceland, most players who have posted feel town (Least town players to me are MathBlade, LLD, Dunnstral, all of whom have plausible reason to react these ways as town though Math continues to be ???. Spiffeh's reaction to Math is A+++ content regardless of what he is). I guess I haven't really read much Cakez/Pooky either.

Now that I think about it quiet's opening post was pretty rough.
In post 264, Tammy wrote:Although my view of Prism as town doesn't really line up with that easy of a town read on nacho hrm.
So with your bit about the high expectations, you're incorporating reads from Undertale and a bit of Xenoblade and maybe Chara's Folly/2181-things like my demands of Nacho as Replica, and my high demands of Hectic, Chara, and catboi in Chara's Folly. I don't really have any expectations like those of any of the players at this table, and I think my last two games with Nacho reinforce why the bar is very low. Texturing reads realtime with the "Wait it's this play" is super basic and I wouldn't put stock into it.

My sangres read comes from ffery atm, who I've only really seen as scum. This read has nothing to do with her meeting a certain level of townplay, but everything to do with how I think she chooses to react to me making a power move mechanically, and what she thinks
I would expect
after Iceland. She's also dead wrong about how strong of a town player I am, but in her mind I'm a "scumhunting dynamo" and not someone who should be given a solid position to lead with. Hard town slot, easily.

To be blunt, it's not that anything about her tone or whatever is outside of her scumrange, or that her positioning is disadvantageous as scum. She's just wrong that she would do this as scum, because her mind in interacting with me would be completely elsewhere.

You mentioned something about how this isn't what you've seen of my scumgame, and you're right. I'm on record as valuing a high degree of flexibility in my scumgames, I categorize my scumplay focusing around eliminating any sort of risk and positioning very safely, and have yet to fakeclaim something besides VT
ever

But I'd would burn this tell in a heartbeat without question, my meta record exists to be abused, as quiet recently learned the hard way.
In post 242, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 235, Prism wrote:Bork review the negative again and think, it's extremely useful as a counter to a certain role
I'm sorry if I'm being dense but I'm trying to think of the positive utility of what you're talking about other than "unable to get snowed by Cabd in the purple room this time"
There is a very niche but extremely powerful usage but I don't think it's that important to get on the same page about atm.

Now that I have more votes I'm down to swap back as sangres suggested

VOTE: Prism
Yeah, for the expectations thing. It's actually something that I noticed a long time ago, right after you and nacho hydrad for the first time. I think it was that game that nacho, mastin and gin, did that all night jam session or something, and from an outside perspective nacho was super super town, but you were really super weary, and I started my theory then that you tended to not town read easily people that you had some familiarly/expectations for. It didn't always hold because in midsummer's you townread regfan without a lot of coal raking, so then I had a theory that you townread people's posts that you could understand/appreciate on a logic level. So when yeah you outed yourself as replica, and I said oh that makes sense, it was because you raked nacho over the coals and town read chara there and it fit the theory I was building of you as a player in my head. And then yes, the other examples you mentioned reinforced that bit. Xenoblade doesn't really fit in that or at least I don't remember why it should. I'm thinking about ways you interacted with Nacho in some of the undertale games, ways you interacted with catboi and chara in that undertale game, ways you interacted with peta in damn that normal game where all the town had the power roles but scum had none. And I developed the theory that you were extra on guard for people you were familiar/close with/had expectations for.

I like the thought about positioning!

For what I was thinking about your scum game, it's not the flexibility thing or never not claiming VT, but more about my thought that you're a more conventional scum player in that I don't think it's your style to try to get town read at the beginning of the game by flavor claiming and then claiming to have sent something to another player and then having the reaction that you had towards the reactions that people had to you. That sentence is garbage I know, but I hope it conveys what I think. I think you're a bit methodical and image conscious, and while I *think* you'd be okay doing something that makes you look bad and get you limned early if you think it would do something for your team overall I guess, but I just don't think the way you approached this day makes sense for that possibility. (I did just look at the Iceland game to make sure that my thought there wasn't garbage, and while yeah you look really natural there, I don't think that point is negated.)

And ah I thought your point was based on ferry's behavior as scum in that normal, so that point is probably nevermind but maybe not, might come back to this.

Gonna stop here because we just drank some and I'm not sure if I make sense if I continue.

pedit: I have been debating whether or not to limit this phase and shut up. Earlier I wanted to bitch at people for posting too much and thought they were scum for it (pooky, lld) but now I'm wondering if these early pages while we're figuring out who should get the artifact aren't actually quite fucking important, and for myself once the weekend is over, I probably won't be posting as much anyway so.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:28 pm

Post by Tammy »

Not sure what to think of titus and interaction with math bland there :/
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:32 am

Post by Kitty Trauma Team »

In post 251, Tammy wrote:
In post 250, Spiffeh wrote:I have identified one (1) scum player so far
Good job Spiffeh!

I feel quite good about Prism being town but that's it for things I feel strongly about.

I'm kinda leaning town on mathblade for being for being so laser focused on the prism/bork thing. What do you think there?
I low key personally agree with you on this, but this is just me.*

*I’m not speaking for the full hydra.
In post 274, Titus wrote:
In post 197, MathBlade wrote:I think the leashing idea is really not smart.

The only thing it does is keep things vanilla and powerless.

I am telling you elim me if you have to the plan is stupid.

Let’s assume Townread X gives an artifact and gives it to scum Y. Scum Y tells the truth we learn nothing.

Let’s assume Scumread Y gives it to Townread X. Townread truth tells we learn nothing unless scum intentionally want to force a 1v1 between those two players.

Assume it’s town and town. We learn nothing.
And assume it’s scum and scum we learn nothing.

Some artifacts will be meant to be passed I think and some kept.

Outing the plan is stupid though.
Math is likely town. I have said this before and gotten burned, so take it with a grain of salt.
Titus is this the post that’s giving you townvibes from Math, or is it more posts?

~M
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:37 am

In post 275, Cabd wrote:
This is me being a swell husband and snagging this pagetop for my wife to edit in a VC tomorrow morning.
Simp! ILY tho.
In post 292, MathBlade wrote:
In post 288, Titus wrote:
In post 286, MathBlade wrote:
In post 278, MathBlade wrote:Hey Titus, got something up your alley. Make a list of everyone who sussed me at the start don’t forget yourself. Who is scum there
Here
I am actually going to hold on this question. I want to see the thread flow to determine which people are scum. It's a question to answer on a reread after a day or two. I just have to do it.
Why are you assuming you get more than one day? You bemoan the fact you’re the N1 NK usually. What’s different?
In post 293, Titus wrote:
In post 292, MathBlade wrote:
In post 288, Titus wrote:
In post 286, MathBlade wrote:
In post 278, MathBlade wrote:Hey Titus, got something up your alley. Make a list of everyone who sussed me at the start don’t forget yourself. Who is scum there
Here
I am actually going to hold on this question. I want to see the thread flow to determine which people are scum. It's a question to answer on a reread after a day or two. I just have to do it.
Why are you assuming you get more than one day? You bemoan the fact you’re the N1 NK usually. What’s different?
A) I haven't been the NK recently. B) I doubt I am in this playerlist C) Right now the question you ask hasn't matured yet. It's one of those things where you know scum are there but it's too early to know motivations of everyone. It's the same reason VCA takes time.
Both of these posts are fair. As I was mentioning to Kuribo. Since I came back from hiatus I have only played with Titus a few times. The last time I played with her she threw herself to scum by fakeclaiming. So I feel like I may be able to read her a bit better once I can vibe with her which seems lately impossible.

~M
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:40 am

In post 303, Tammy wrote:Not sure what to think of titus and interaction with math bland there :/
I think we are vibing here on this. Titus replies makes sense, but it seems like it’s placed. More or so. I think I got the wrong word here.

It’s just odd how it’s let go, but then again it’s early so I’ll just make a note and hopefully it will be addressed later on.

~M
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:55 am

Post by mastina »

(As a reminder: for the rest of the month I am V/LA every Friday/Saturday. In this case, I've still got ~10 hours of work that has piled up since Friday that I've been unable to finish and my intention is to get into the mafia games I wasn't already playing once I get through that circa 10 hours, which should be either Sunday or Monday, so in effect, I am V/LA until Monday.)
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:58 am

Post by Tammy »

we don't care
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:00 am

In post 308, Tammy wrote:we don't care
Excuse u
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:03 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 309, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
Excuse u
<3
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:13 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 310, Tammy wrote:
In post 309, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
Excuse u
<3
I wish i could properly convey how i feel about this at the moment, but I can't. so my original, we don't care as bitchy as it sounds suffices.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Spiffeh »

VOTE: Prism

I agree we should hammer artifact and move onto the next phase
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:22 am

Post by Tammy »

did you just wake up with that epiphany or?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:23 am

Post by Bell »

I'm here to let everybody know that while I agree with Dunn that sangres town reads were unnatural at the beginning, Sangres is town.
Because I don't think FF, burdened with a scum role pm can compliment others in the middle of a game like that with Prism.*

*All my reads are subject to reversal.

I think Tammy was doing a seance with their boss's heart.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Tammy »

i've entered the realm of bitchy drunk, don't mind me, I'm going to sleep now
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:25 am

Post by Bell »

*Back pat's Tammy*
Have a good sleep.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Titus »

Limited access today
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:09 am

Post by sangres »

In post 296, Prism wrote:Now that I think about it quiet's opening post was pretty rough.
Yes. It was. I want to see more. insert paragraph about rapidly evolving new players here.
Bell wrote:I'm here to let everybody know that while I agree with Dunn that sangres town reads were unnatural at the beginning, Sangres is town.
Because I don't think FF, burdened with a scum role pm can compliment others in the middle of a game like that with Prism.*

If you're talking about #300 at the top of this page, then you're attributing a Nacho post to me.

My puzzle is to figure out if this is a thing that town-bell would believe about scum/town ffery. :/

-----------------

Also, and this is a question for Dunn, too: Whose reads were unnatural and why?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 318, sangres wrote:
In post 296, Prism wrote:Now that I think about it quiet's opening post was pretty rough.
Yes. It was. I want to see more. insert paragraph about rapidly evolving new players here.
Bell wrote:I'm here to let everybody know that while I agree with Dunn that sangres town reads were unnatural at the beginning, Sangres is town.

If you're talking about #300 at the top of this page, then you're attributing a Nacho post to me.

My puzzle is to figure out if this is a thing that town-bell would believe about scum/town ffery. :/

-----------------

Also, and this is a question for Dunn, too: Whose reads were unnatural and why?
Insert paragraph about rapidly evolving new players here? < What’s this?

Pretty sure my reads are bad and sangres is scum without a damn good explanation.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Bell »

@FF: It's a strange moment when I knew Nacho posted that, but I mentally attributed it to you. Chalk it up to another forced town read.
I don't really know if pondering that particular question is actually going to result in anything. I feel like you're more reserved as scum. that's just a genuine meta opinion and I doubt I would alter it as either alignment.

Math is doing that thing where he's a pugilist that can wiggle his way out of an elim through sheer gumption even though he isn't making much sense or making up particularly good opinions.

@Spiffeh, sure my reads could suck. That's always a thing.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:31 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 268, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
In post 265, SirCakez wrote:Ok what's your point here? This is such a dumb thing to nitpick.

My point is that I feel like you're making mountains out of emotional molehills by calling that a meltdown, and that's a real real strong alarm bell to me.

So again, I ask you, what part of that post you quoted do you call a meltdown? Two mildly peeved posts, if even that level of annoyance is hardly a meltdown, but that's the word you used.

-k
He was literally saying he was excited to play the game but was accepting that he was going to be elimmed after like one person attacked him. It was ridiculous.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:31 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 276, Titus wrote:
In post 252, Spiffeh wrote:Not sure what to think about Prism yet

MathBlade has been transparently town to me from jump and I'm not thrilled with there already seeming to be somewhat of a consensus scum read there

He's clearly not the most charismatic player itg (no offense!) and I feel that's being used to put him in the hot seat already and there is absolutely no scum motivation to start and maintain this back and forth with Prism so early on
+1 This is how I feel.
Do you have your own opinions tho
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:32 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 279, sangres wrote:What does that have to do with this game?
Nothing really I was making a joke about his title it wasn't game relevant
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:34 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 282, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
In post 280, Titus wrote:Why are we discussing the definition of a meltdown? Mathblade's emotions made him easier to read imo. Why care about the description?

I agree with you on that, remember, reading emotions is how I read the game.

I'm asking why Cakez felt the need to use that word in particular. Meltdown makes it sound so much messier, more charged than what it was. I mean, it's not like I recently laid out exactly why I take a second look at players who do that or noted the very real fact that it has netted me scum on a shockingly accurate basis. I could be misapplying what amounts to a personal tell that only works when the target is me, but there's only one way to fine out.

So no, we're not nitpicking over a definition. I'm not even calling Cakez scum. But here's the thing: Attempting to paint another player as more angry or volatile than they are has serious scum equity. And so I want to know: why the word meltdown? And while we're at it, I want to know if Cakez thinks Math is scum or town. Many answers to these questions would be more than satisfactory to me, but I'll tell you one that isn't: "Why do you care?"

-k
Call it an overreaction then if it bothers you.
I think Math is town-ish actually I just think his behavior is very silly.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”