Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5250 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 5248, Gypyx wrote:because he was the deepest scum probably? unless they were informed of double watcher, although no that doesn't make sense, pooky was the deepwolf then
I don't think I agree.

Scum clearly weren't playing around a tracker (which, incidentally, is another good reason for me to be town), but ime you don't tend to send the most townread member of your team to make the nightkill. It also couldn't have been a roleblocking necessity, because they weren't playing around the tracker and scum have multitasking.

My guess is that pooky made the kill because the last remaining scum has a relevant role that scum didn't want to risk losing. Which is less useful than I'd hoped when the question occurred to me, but still useful for massclaim.
This is a Parachute.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5251 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by Gypyx »

how were they not playing against a tracker? like imo, pooky would probably be a good performer of the kill if that was the case
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5252 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

In post 5246, Jingle wrote:Why was Pooky the one to make the nightkill?
You would go with the person least likely to be followed right? Because you would have a watcher flipped and killed so you wouldn't expect 2nd watcher.
alt of MURDERCAT
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5253 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 5235, SirCakez wrote:Everyone should pick either Murder or Gypyx so we can move on
What happened to your Maria scumread?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5254 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I buy the arguments that have been presented that she doesn't make sense as scum here
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5255 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 5254, SirCakez wrote:I buy the arguments that have been presented that she doesn't make sense as scum here
Whose arguments? I don't think many are townreading her here
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5256 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 5210, midwaybear wrote:Also, this might have been missed. But my read on Maria has shifted to lean-town because she has changed virtually nothing about her play. Her general trend for the beginning few days has been to push a couple of reads and make some hammers. I think it was initially suspicious, but I think the repeated nature of it makes it somewhat townie.
That being said, some people were saying that Spring's interactions with Maria looked good for her. These people pulled up quotes where Spring had paranoia on Maria iirc. I think I actually thought that those interactions were scummy at the time because the paranoia could be TMI Maria scum. Definitely need to revisit that and expand my thoughts.
Also, agree with Jingle about apathy. I'm guilty of it too, but I'm also slightly more optimistic that we'll be able to figure things out (fingers crossed).
This for example
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5257 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 5251, Gypyx wrote:how were they not playing against a tracker? like imo, pooky would probably be a good performer of the kill if that was the case
Pooky double targeted. If they were playing around a tracker, then he wouldn't have sent me a peach.
This is a Parachute.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5258 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:06 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 5257, Jingle wrote:
In post 5251, Gypyx wrote:how were they not playing against a tracker? like imo, pooky would probably be a good performer of the kill if that was the case
Pooky double targeted. If they were playing around a tracker, then he wouldn't have sent me a peach.
that's very true
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5259 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:22 pm

Post by Gypyx »

so, towncase on me :

First of all,
In post 608, Gypyx wrote:well, i'm gonna trust the peoples with meta on mwb so far VOTE: Cheeotry

cuz what has been said so far + this post
In post 428, Cheetory6 wrote:I'm not gonna not vote someone if I think their posting is scummy-looking just because it comes right after a vote on me. Lol.
overjustificaton imo
i'd like to reiterate that forgeting who i vote / missing obvious stuff is something that i do more often as town than as scum, like i haven't done the math, but i don't think i ever went though a towngame without saying dumb shit once
In post 628, Gypyx wrote:random though but scum prob has an item theif
not sure i'd bring that up if i were scum with an actual item theif tbh
In post 1287, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1119, Noraa wrote:*throws a peach at gypyx's head*
can you come TR me?
nope, and don't make me feel compulsed to do so lol

(that's a correct phrasing right?)
i tried to crumb compulsive, which maybe kinda shows i thought it was important and that makes me more likely town? just by a bit

Spoiler:
In post 2334, Gypyx wrote:okay so, the great maria wall aka : i spent more than 1 minute thinking about this post :

first of all, the early back and forth out of cakes
In post 409, MariaR wrote:Hello hello did you miss me? I know you did. Anyway let us vote a wolf shall we? Here I'll start.
VOTE: Cakez
which like, this post comes after 14 pages of maria waiting it out, and yet she strats with a pretty much random vote, which like, i'm really not a fan of, especially how it's only retracted upon pressure

then there's the view on self meta, which i find incosistent with maria's acts, so that also leans scum

Spoiler:
In post 414, MariaR wrote:It was mostly a joke at Cakez because I made the exact same kinda post at him before when he a wolf. I assume he guessed that given his lackluster reaction
pout

If you want my serious vote at the moment it's this:
VOTE: zaiden
I'm not normally the one to start spearheading wagons so I'll simply ask people to look closer at this slot and if you can see the few glaring flaws that me and 1 of my team members saw. (At least when I was ranting they agreed)

"i don't really push peoples too much"

Spoiler:
In post 1294, MariaR wrote:
In post 1293, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1291, MariaR wrote:It's very amusing to hear that kind of argument since you couldn't get further from my personality if you tried. Anyway it's not like I'm going to be the day 1 fade. I can care less if you TR me or have me at null branch off me to more important matters unless you really find this so pressing.
how exactly is your personality so incompatible with these kinds of plays?

and yeah, doubt you'll be the D1 fade, but like, not a reason to disregard points made against you
I can not recall a single time in my mafia carrier that I as scum have stopped pushing someone because I was worried about the reaction/heat I would get from it. Take that as you will

and here, maria says she isn't afraid of pushing peoples, while showing reluctance to push earlier

actually
i retract that read
keeping the previous construiction as i still feel like it made some valid points, but i recalled maria as arguing about her general play, not her scum play

in that case, i'd even stretch that as +town

my maria wallcase, idk if i'd even get so chaotic as scum, especially while casing town
In post 5197, Gypyx wrote:would like to remind that i pushed MT and also was pretty consistently feeling average about pooky, which is like, idk, a super hyper risky plan given that SB was getting pushed?

idk, feeling like me and murder leave in every universe so really go for what y'all prefere
[/quote]

and this

i think that's enough to show that i'm town, but if y'all need more i could try to read through page 2-3 of my ISO

bottom text
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5260 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:53 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 5215, Gypyx wrote:
In post 5206, Zaiden wrote:Okay, I've been living under a rock and only just caught onto the situation in Texas. Stay safe, Jingle. Hope you, your friend and your family over there make it through no problem.

Thinking back on interactions throughout the game, especially the steep dropout in activity, I can accept that Murder is within the POE range. But the way Murder is saying vote Gypyx after they die makes me think it might not be them? I dunno, I really hesitate when people go in with a death wish in real life because it's quite often townie frustration rather than scum resignation. But you can't read these things like tone/body language on an online game. So I'm gonna have to go with unsure here. But if people reckon town Murder would fight his way out of being wagon'd, then I reckon this resignation is rather damning. However, I just feel that MariaR has been so much scummier this game. If this game is four scum as people have posited, I've already given my prior reasoning for believing why it's MariaR. And I'm not convinced by the counter arguments suggesting why she might be town. Maybe I just don't know her well enough. But I find it crazy how many people are giving her a pass for behaviour I perceive to be obv scum.

Going back, my biggest gripe with Murder's kamikaze proposal which makes me doubt them is that I don't think it's Gypyx due to how he was focused on the Clidd/MT slot. Gypyx was the one who highlighted Clidd's meta being indicative of the slot's scumminess before Pink Ball caught Morning Tweet out - which is something I definitely didn't know and assume many others didn't either. I don't think scum would bring their partner into the spotlight like that. Especially when MT was universally middle of the pack read back in D1 until PB exposed her. Also the fact that MariaR voted Gypyx. I distrust her and I feel compelled to innately believe in the person she's voting for.
by the way zaiden, there's only one scum left, so for your last paragraph, if you think anyone is scum, that means everyone else is town
If there is only one scum left, that's great. If I end up being wrong about MariaR, I guess I'm also trying to think who else it could be.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5261 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:09 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 5222, MURDERSUNNY wrote:
In post 5206, Zaiden wrote:But if people reckon town Murder would fight his way out of being wagon'd, then I reckon this resignation is rather damning.
I am fighting out of it, using slight AtE which is exactly what I would do as scum because I have the same motivation here that I would have as scum. Which is exactly why you should discount all of it. I admit I have some suss interactions with scum and I said to BoP me at the start of the game. I haven't really gotten to make good on that, except that I was very willing to flip SB and I did call that MT could very well be the scum of the 3 watcher results. Pooky I missed on. So there's not really a chance for me to do that now, except to take my shot and you can all decide to lim me now and give me my shot posthumously or let me take it now and kill me tomorrow.
I need to rephrase what I said before. You are fighting. But I don't get the feeling you're fighting that hard. However, if there's one scum left I'd without question bet my left ball sack that it's MariaR and not you.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5262 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:20 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 5210, midwaybear wrote:
In post 5206, Zaiden wrote:which is something I definitely didn't know and assume many others didn't either. I don't think scum would bring their partner into the spotlight like that.
I actually think Gypyx's scumread on clidd might have been too good to be true.
Of course, I don't want to scumread people for being too good, but I normally don't see people scumread for making six ok posts and then replacing out without relation to the game.
I guess I'm thinking the game state is already looking on the down for scum with one of their team eliminated D1. So pulling that kind of gambit would be pretty risky.
In post 5210, midwaybear wrote:Also, this might have been missed. But my read on Maria has shifted to lean-town because she has changed virtually nothing about her play. Her general trend for the beginning few days has been to push a couple of reads and make some :shifty: hammers. I think it was initially suspicious, but I think the repeated nature of it makes it somewhat townie.
That being said, some people were saying that Spring's interactions with Maria looked good for her. These people pulled up quotes where Spring had paranoia on Maria iirc. I think I actually thought that those interactions were scummy at the time because the paranoia could be TMI Maria scum. Definitely need to revisit that and expand my thoughts.
Also, agree with Jingle about apathy. I'm guilty of it too, but I'm also slightly more optimistic that we'll be able to figure things out (fingers crossed).
The interactions read too weirdly for me to drop it. MariaR tried to push me as a wagon as the Spring Breeze wagon D1 was gaining traction. Then vanishing saying they were busy, then literally leaping in bang on the clock as Spring Breeze is about to go down to try and mount a defence, then lol hammering when it looks hopeless. You say it's town indicative that we're seeing repeat shifty hammers. I'm speculating it's a scum ability relating to hammers given how every scum has flipped with an ability so far. And if things are great for her if she gets more hammers I think we need to address her ASAP rather than later.
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5263 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:20 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

VOTE: MariaR

given Gypyx is actually trying to do stuff. I'd like to see Maria do .. anything?
alt of MURDERCAT
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5264 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:47 am

Post by SirCakez »

So your SR on Gyp was just based on him not doing much?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #5265 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:54 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Votecount 5.4Gamma Emerald
Gypyx - 2 (Gamma, MariaR)
Jingle
MURDERSUNNY - 2 (Jingle, Noraa)
MariaR - 2 (Zaiden, MURDERSUNNY)
midwaybear
noraa
SirCakez
Something_Smart
Zaiden

Not Voting - 4 (Gypyx, midwaybear, SirCakez, Something_Smart)

With 10 alive, it's 6 to ask someone politely to leave. Deadline is 3/1 at 8PM EST.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5266 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:27 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 5263, MURDERSUNNY wrote:VOTE: MariaR

given Gypyx is actually trying to do stuff. I'd like to see Maria do .. anything?
This kinda just makes me want to go back to MURDER.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5267 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:23 am

Post by MariaR »

Yo what the fuck I thought we were in night phase for ages
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5268 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:26 am

Post by MariaR »

The question you need to ask yourself is if the wolf is not in me/gypx/murder are you ok losing if the answer is yes then it doesn't matter what order we go in yeah?

At worst you go to f4/f3 and go 'wtf' So really idc if I go first second or third
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5269 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Murdersunny has a point
Maria’s play has been a lot of coasting imo
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5270 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:29 am

Post by MariaR »

Sure we can start with me
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5271 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:32 am

Post by MariaR »

If you remove the obv town and people who are getting elimed I'm left with this f4:
noraa - Mask Your Worries
Something_Smart - Daylight Savings Time
SirCakez - The Fakeclaim Processing Department
Gamma Emerald - Basterd Modding
(Yes I went back on a few reads bite me)
Trying to figure out the solo wolf in that world is more important then trying to figure out who to elim in us 3 since it doesn't matter. Focus on that
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5272 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Jingle »

VOTE: Maria

E-1.

Mostly, I want to see who gets killed tonight.
This is a Parachute.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5273 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Gypyx »

maria, if murder me and you are town, who do you say is the scum?

bottom text
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5274 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:58 am

Post by midwaybear »

:facepalm:
Weren't you the one super annoyed about this town?
pedit: @Jingle

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”