Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i think titus is fine - leave her alone for today
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Bell »

In post 572, Battle Mage wrote:"for the purposes of honesty"?

early wagon on math is town indicative as scum prob doesn't bus math Day 1.
People get mad when incomplete information about themselves is given. I was cutting that out from the root. Because if I didn't say she eventually voted Math, I would have mplied she defended Math the whole game and never changed her mind.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i dont trust myself to read you Bell, you always look scummy to me
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

I agree Titus is probably town which means she’s gonna say I suck at working together no matter what despite me in prior games actually being good town and she was in scums pocket so hard I deviated at the very end.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 577, Battle Mage wrote:i dont trust myself to read you Bell, you always look scummy to me
Trust me then. Bell is town. I understand his read. Elim me if you have to. Bell is town.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Titus »

In post 578, MathBlade wrote:I agree Titus is probably town which means she’s gonna say I suck at working together no matter what despite me in prior games actually being good town and she was in scums pocket so hard I deviated at the very end.
What caused your read change on me?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:33 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 580, Titus wrote:
In post 578, MathBlade wrote:I agree Titus is probably town which means she’s gonna say I suck at working together no matter what despite me in prior games actually being good town and she was in scums pocket so hard I deviated at the very end.
I’ve had a town read on you.

Your townread is conditional on Dunn because you want me to stop pushing my top scumreads of Cakez and Pooky and consolidate super early.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:34 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

you can't seriously scumread me

that's absurd
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Bell »

In post 577, Battle Mage wrote:i dont trust myself to read you Bell, you always look scummy to me
Sure.

I don't agree that Titus is probably town.

I feel like there are two factions in this game and I'm not sure which one is mixed with scum. But one faction is larger than the other, so I'll just go ahead and say the larger faction has more scum. Rather than factions I'd say there's 2 reads lists being thrown about.

Sure, Math. I agree that based on previous posts you've made, that your town games and scum games are probably similar in wording and sentence structure. Even though I've never played with town you. I don't see much reason for you to lie about that, though I'm sure there are differences.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 583, Bell wrote:
Sure.

I feel like there are two factions in this game and I'm not sure which one is mixed with scum. But one faction is larger than the other, so I'll just go ahead and say the larger faction has more scum. Rather than factions I'd say there's 2 reads lists being thrown about.

Sure, Math. I agree that based on previous posts you've made, that your town games and scum games are probably similar in wording and sentence structure. Even though I've never played with town you. I don't see much reason for you to lie about that, though I'm sure there are differences.
Bell there’s only one scum faction per the OP. It says 4 mafia. If you’re feeling there’s two scum groups then either there is a traitor or there’s a town group pocketed by scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Titus »

In post 581, MathBlade wrote:
In post 580, Titus wrote:
I’ve had a town read on you.

Your townread is conditional on Dunn because you want me to stop pushing my top scumreads of Cakez and Pooky and consolidate super early.
I am going to be blunt with you. I am using the Dunn wagon to get reads. Such static reads aren't good. Use the wagon as a way to check your reads rather than supposing you're right. Let yourself and others solve the game over time.

How to host a murder isn't solved round 1.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

Day one is where scum mess up the most. It’s why scum hate replacements. The tone of a game is set in D1. If people looked back in Boonskiies they would have saw that we hardly bussed at all. While it’s not solved D1 no, a lot of tells are given as to who won’t push who.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85010

Please look back at this game and stop assuming/poisoning the thread that I am inherently bad.

I caught FL damn early then and then proceeded to catch the rest. But kept having to argue I am decent with you so much I swapped out a scumread at the last minute for you.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:47 am

Post by Bell »

In post 584, MathBlade wrote:
In post 583, Bell wrote:
Sure.

Bell there’s only one scum faction per the OP. It says 4 mafia. If you’re feeling there’s two scum groups then either there is a traitor or there’s a town group pocketed by scum.
No I meant there are two groups of players with similar reads.
One group is pretty convinced Prism is town.
One group is pretty supportive of LLD, while another group resists it.

Note the LLD group is not nearly as fixated on Dunnstrall in rhetoric as the players pushing his wagon, but they're not really against it either. So there's not much of a lack of consensus on Dunnstral, so yeah. If we're just going by votes and that no one is defending him except town me, then there could be a problem there. Or, just Scum bussing and hoping to get convinced to jump off or will pretend to get bored, or maybe they wagoned Dunnstrall early hoping interest would die off if they bussed a buddy early though this puts a lot of attention on him, but best of luck with that.

I'm saying a lot of words, but the observation probably isn't even that important. I would just ignore this post.

I'm not able to read Math's confidence in his reads. Whenever I get hard town read like that my initial position is to unvote them. It's a dumb instinct.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

I don’t think it’s a dumb instinct. I think it’s more self preservation instinct as I don’t remember if we’ve had a town game together except probably this one. I think your instincts will heal over time.

That’s exactly what I mean by two factions. If Prism + LLD are town there’s likely a scum in each camp kinda keeping that up. If one is scum and the other is town then that explains the factions. If they’re both scum then we’re all just hella confused so much so I am disregarding this possibility for now and would come back to it only on flip of Prism or LLD.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:55 am

Post by GreyICE »

*Checks Mastina's ISO*

Crap, no easy scumread. Dammit.

Uh, does Lucrita's comb kill someone? Because I'm not down with killing LLD.

If not, this is a snoozefest, wake me up when there's some fucking blood. I don't play wank off pregame sessions.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

Grey’s town.

Wake him up in 3 days I guess lol.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:57 am

Post by GreyICE »

Seriously three days until we're even allowed to wagon people?

QQ

Back in my day we'd have killed two or three people by now and be running around the town screaming in all caps and killing.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Bell »

Pretty sure we're in the elimination phase of the game now.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:14 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 540, MathBlade wrote:Along that thought stream, what if LLD is town and Prism is town and they’re both town derp? Scum didn’t want me miselimmed but were more than happy to add to the pressure.

And Cakez that is not you every game. You ask more questions as town. More vocal.
What's your example here?
In post 562, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 560, MathBlade wrote:And Pooky imho is scum.
lolol what

I don't even know who the bad guys in the show are
Says scumbear
In post 563, Bell wrote:
In post 479, SirCakez wrote:
In post 462, Bell wrote:
In post 461, SirCakez wrote:A Math wagon is really boring and unhelpful
Join this one instead!
No.
Why not?
Joke answer: Because he's my scum partner.

Actual answer: I've made a similar case on Dunnstral before and he was town in that game. I'm not going to say he's town in this one, but I'm more cautious about it and it seems like scum are pretty happy to vote Dunnstrall, but not Mathblade.
Who are the scum voting Dunnstral?
In post 565, Bell wrote:Titus feels off.
What's off? This is useless.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:15 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 592, GreyICE wrote:Seriously three days until we're even allowed to wagon people?

QQ

Back in my day we'd have killed two or three people by now and be running around the town screaming in all caps and killing.
back in my day we started off with a nightkill

and we'd be pointing fingers by now about who killed me
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:16 am

Post by SirCakez »

Bless the page limit
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 587, MathBlade wrote:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85010

Please look back at this game and stop assuming/poisoning the thread that I am inherently bad.

I caught FL damn early then and then proceeded to catch the rest. But kept having to argue I am decent with you so much I swapped out a scumread at the last minute for you.
with the greatest respect math, that game is literally the last one I'd pick as an illustration of your ability as a player.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 595, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 592, GreyICE wrote:Seriously three days until we're even allowed to wagon people?

QQ

back in my day we started off with a nightkill

and we'd be pointing fingers by now about who killed me
QFT
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 583, Bell wrote:
Sure.

i think it's too early to even draw that conclusion. feels like lots of quiet players not in either 'faction'. it's possible that all of: math, titus, LLD and Prism are town.

dunno why you don't believe my math-meta?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”