Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I don’t think RLotus has demonstrated that at all to be totally honest. And what does being new have to do with anything? Some players can play Scum decently well. RLotus did a good job fooling people last game we played. They completely avoided being suspected aggressively and bussed effectively.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:44 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1248, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:can you respond to the lotus + GC question andres.
I already answered that once I’m caught up I’ll provide an opinion on GC when I have some time to ISO. I don’t see why I need to shift focus just yet.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:47 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 1243, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1241, RLotus wrote:I'm just saying I don't think the POE had anything to do with the votes on them. Why he changed his read on VPB, I don't know.
Okay but you’re fighting an argument I’m not making. I said those slots were skeptical of Koba. Not that the POE came about because they were voting Koba.
Ok that's fair enough
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:53 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

That progression by Elements on Baltar on page 42 is very poor. Like yikes, at first I was gonna say that it was interesting how RTP was the one to catch it, but that was pretty blatant.

That kinda shot you up the list. I’m on Lotus right now cause frankly I feel better there, but that’s very ugly.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by Reformed Toxic Player »

In post 1251, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1248, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:can you respond to the lotus + GC question andres.
I already answered that once I’m caught up I’ll provide an opinion on GC when I have some time to ISO. I don’t see why I need to shift focus just yet.
lol
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 950, RLotus wrote:This I called him scummy for since he was already settling on a POE when so many alignments are up in the air.
How in the world can you post this and not criticize RTP/Koba for it and defend them now? I’m so confused.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:57 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1054, Datisi wrote:i am interested in
@italiano, do you have a read on me here yet? also like, any opinion/change on lotus/rtp?
This is what I was referring to when I addressed you in
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:59 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 1250, Andresvmb wrote:I don’t think RLotus has demonstrated that at all to be totally honest. And what does being new have to do with anything? Some players can play Scum decently well. RLotus did a good job fooling people last game we played. They completely avoided being suspected aggressively and bussed effectively.
I didn't have nearly the aggression that game that I do this game, in fact my pushes were very soft, if you want to believe my self meta.

And my push on VPB makes no sense as scum. Just tunnel on a highly town read player, when I myself am quite town read. To tank my town cred even though it's unlikely for a VPB wagon to actually go through?
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:00 pm

im toying with an andres/vp/GC world in my head rn
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:00 pm

In post 1257, RLotus wrote:
In post 1250, Andresvmb wrote:I don’t think RLotus has demonstrated that at all to be totally honest. And what does being new have to do with anything? Some players can play Scum decently well. RLotus did a good job fooling people last game we played. They completely avoided being suspected aggressively and bussed effectively.
I didn't have nearly the aggression that game that I do this game, in fact my pushes were very soft, if you want to believe my self meta.

And my push on VPB makes no sense as scum. Just tunnel on a highly town read player, when I myself am quite town read. To tank my town cred even though it's unlikely for a VPB wagon to actually go through?
to add on to this ,watching from the gy when u were just playing around as scum u were just straight up trying to stay townread and not offend and went for easy soft reads
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:01 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1068, Green Crayons wrote:not sure where you get that i'm townreading elements, but i think on balance his play points away from scum
Sorry if you answered this already, but what did you think of their progression on Baltar from the Baltar/Duchess discussion?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1257, RLotus wrote:I didn't have nearly the aggression that game that I do this game, in fact my pushes were very soft, if you want to believe my self meta.
You agree that different games call for different approaches yeah? If you played exactly the same as Scum every time, you would make for a really poor Scum player. And from what I can gather, you don’t seem like a bad Mafia player at all to me.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:04 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 1255, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 950, RLotus wrote:This I called him scummy for since he was already settling on a POE when so many alignments are up in the air.
How in the world can you post this and not criticize RTP/Koba for it and defend them now? I’m so confused.
Koba had strong convictions on Elements and GC when he made that POE post, and continued progressing his reads.

Italiano had no strong convictions and it appeared like he was just settling for a POE. I believe I even said it's not a scummy thing to do in itself, but in the context Italiano it was scummy.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 1261, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1257, RLotus wrote:I didn't have nearly the aggression that game that I do this game, in fact my pushes were very soft, if you want to believe my self meta.
You agree that different games call for different approaches yeah? If you played exactly the same as Scum every time, you would make for a really poor Scum player. And from what I can gather, you don’t seem like a bad Mafia player at all to me.
Like I said if you want to believe my self meta, but I am quite inexperienced as scum to emulate my town game
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1075, Elements wrote:i've got a plan
let's vote me out to prove all your speculations about me being scum wrong
VOTE: elements
I got a soft spot for this, so not the best judge for this. :roll:
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:06 pm

i really wanna flip GC.

like very badly.

it cracks open the game state from my pov and im like very sure in a positive direction i.e. scum chain elims.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:07 pm

andres at which point did you realize i was koba?
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by RLotus »

VP + GC is something I considered because of the way GC was trying to cool me off of VP. If VP is town, I think it is highly likely that GC is town.

Andre I'm having a hard time pinning down a read on. His reasoning is really good and when I argue with him he usually says something that really makes sense. Maybe he can do this as scum. I do think he on the wrong side of town tho. Well I know he is wrong in voting me. Overall, not sure.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1088, Elements wrote:if there somehow isn't scum in <RTP, GC, VB> mafia are having a field day
Without knowing Elements three tone and wording of this pushes him up slightly back into null.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:11 pm

In post 1267, RLotus wrote:
VP + GC is something I considered because of the way GC was trying to cool me off of VP. If VP is town, I think it is highly likely that GC is town.

Andre I'm having a hard time pinning down a read on. His reasoning is really good and when I argue with him he usually says something that really makes sense. Maybe he can do this as scum. I do think he on the wrong side of town tho. Well I know he is wrong in voting me. Overall, not sure.
the andres part was included bc im very concerned with how much they're tunneled onto you and I and stuff that was ages ago and ignoring our explanations and just brushing it off - it was feeling during our conversation you and i were boxing andres in vibe wise.

andres is a strong player in general from what I have seen. viewtopic.php?t=85877&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go < im looking through this rn to see if the vibes feel right there.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:11 pm

italiano ily but im sadly just not following what youre saying but it feels towny ur just thoughtspewing so keep it up bud
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Unless Elements is just scum and RTP is good or bussing their partner again. ;)
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:13 pm

u know everytime i roll town i feel this enormous pressure to go 3/3 day 1 and it sucks
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:15 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 1272, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:u know everytime i roll town i feel this enormous pressure to go 3/3 day 1 and it sucks
Same kinda. I really hate missing on day 1 mainly because it feels like we will fall too behind
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:15 pm

In post 1271, ItalianoVD wrote:Unless Elements is just scum and RTP is good or bussing their partner again. ;)
haha i regretted that decision at first dont you remember?

but it ended up working only because of the setup itself and how it worked - ya know that.

have you seen the reasoning I presented for why I think elements is town now? i think that they're just wrong town. GC feels more scummy and my theory that they were setting up to go from an elements lim to me feels plausible.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”