Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:04 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Oh and speaking of

Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1150, GreyICE wrote:Because right now you seem to be soft tossing out alternatives to the Mathblade wagon without voting Mathblade, and without really giving an opinion on Mathblade's wagon.
I'd rather not vote MathBlade for a number of reasons:
1: As the largest wagon, me voting him actually risks ending the day prematurely--especially if he's actually scum. MathBlade IS the type of scum player who, if placed at L-1, will hammer to deny the town the chance for discussion and he's been hovering at L-2 for a long time. (He's done it before, and yes, we are into the early part of the day where information denial WOULD be good for scum.)
2: MathBlade is not my strongest scumread. I see his play as being more scum overall than town, but I can see him being town. I'd prefer to vote my strongest scumread unless I need to compromise. And at this early stage of D1, I don't see a need to compromise.
3: MathBlade is not scum with Prism. Their interactions aren't scum-scum here, but my scumread on Prism is stronger than my scumread on MB.
4: I don't see the harm in having competing wagons on scum candidates, especially if they are both actually scum. If SirCakez is scum with a wagon on him and MathBlade is scum with a wagon on him, then that's actually legit the best-case scenario for the town since no matter which wagon goes through, the town wins.
5: MathBlade is under plenty of pressure without my vote; my vote doesn't add any extra. Whereas my vote on SirCakez DOES apply pressure to him.

However, while I'd rather not vote the MathBlade wagon, given my suspicion on his slot, I'm certainly not going to try and dismantle it.
In post 1150, GreyICE wrote: Or Titus'.
The Titus wagon doesn't seem to have nearly the same amount of momentum as other wagons and for good reason; I'm not the only one who thinks that of the two siblings, Titus is the townier of the two by far. If Titus's wagon actually DID have momentum near lethal, damn straight I'd object and give more thoughts there, but she ISN'T at that point right now so I frankly don't need to; it's a waste of time/effort.
In post 1150, GreyICE wrote:What's your opinion on Mathblade, the current fucking wagon?
Possible scum, but not scum with Prism. One of the two flipping scum clears the other; one of the two flipping town would condemn the other in my eyes.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:44 pm

Post by GreyICE »

So since Cakez is your strongest scumread, does Cakez work as a Mathblade partner?

I'm assuming Prism works as a Cakez partner because if you tell me he doesn't my head will literally explode.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:15 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Cakez is an omni-partner
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:54 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Sangres;

I'm definitely a player who thinks townreads can form too early in the game, when I see that happening I think players are being careless or not doing their due diligence or coming to conclusions too fast. That's all if they're town, which most people are, and I haven't hashed out whether this is something scum does more or what but I suspect it's pretty neutral. Do you really think you played in a way where you couldn't reasonable be scum - not just playing well, but playing average - when other players townread you?

That's what I was doing; you didn't see it in Tenet because I replaced into that game.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:55 am

Post by Dunnstral »

And just saying to reevaluate later isn't how I operate.

I'm fine working with people I don't necessarily townread and working things out
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:16 am

Post by Prism »

You've got a "90% tell", somehow I'm not your strongest scumread, and you've spent 3000 words engaging with exactly zero of my actual content.

Lumping all of my positions, pushes, townreads, etc. under "none of it is town" without engaging with it at all, and selling that as a scumpoint, is such horrendously bad play that it is physically disgusting and were it anyone else I would automatically vote them for it
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:19 am

Post by Prism »

Sorry, she also has one sentence somewhere in there saying "the way they went about the flavor claim", almost lost that fully explained silver bullet in the ocean of 3000 words of scum b/c HG
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:30 am

Post by Prism »

There's a difference between being less filtered/more abrasive and just being a dick about my holistic opinion of players for no real reason, already did similar to Bell, I could have been a lot more reserved in my criticism there and will try to strike a better balance.

Ie. Yeah that is horrendous play imo, but the phrasing I used was over the line, and I'm sorry
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:23 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Afternoon Vote Count 1.07

Afternoon 1 will end in (expired on 2021-03-01 23:59:59)

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to Bronze.

Dunnstral (2): quiet, Spiffeh
MathBlade (6): Bell, Lady Lambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Titus, Battle Mage, GreyICE
Titus (1): sangres
SirCakez (3): mastina, Kitty Trauma Team, Dunnstral
PookyTheMagicalBear (1): SirCakez
mastina (1): MathBlade

Not voting (3): Tammy, borkjerfkin, Prism

Mod notes: 45/85 pages used
In post 1086, borkjerfkin wrote:
@mod: vc plz when you're able
In post 1, penguin_alien wrote:8) Vote counts are intended to be posted at least every 24 hours, more frequently as judged necessary by the mods. Requests for vote counts made in the game thread will not be honored; please PM the mod or post in a factional PT if requesting a vote count.
Prodding quiet
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 612, MathBlade wrote:LLD what’s your plan when I flip one of your supposed bosses?
In post 494, MathBlade wrote:Now one last thing before you all go run and play don’t make me take all your bracelets. Be nice people.
Today is full of meetings but I am Jane Lattimer, a regent and literally Abigail Chow’s one of bosses known as a Regent. Jane had to take away a kid’s bracelet that let him walk because it stole his humanity. I am indeed VT, as Titus eluded to earlier which was stupid if she’s town and I don’t think she is. Yes I am not waiting for L-1 because I likely won’t see it.

LLD you really gotta chill with your mason partner(s) they’re freakin obvious. Stop it. There’s only so much I can do to protect that stupid play here. I don’t have an artifact like the metronome to bring someone back to life.

If you hammer me do one of Dunn/BM/Titus/Mastina tomorrow please. This wagon is almost entirely scum or derp.

I did as you asked LLD and was scummy and it fucking is hard to be scummy while being town. If you did it just because you hate my town game then fuck that.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:52 am

Post by Titus »

@Math, your wagon is almost entirely town. You're committing every sin that I warned you about and frankly it may be too late.

@GreyIce, I'll see what I can do this afternoon to catch up and not use any posts. If I knew this game had a hard post limit, I never would have inned.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Prism »

Our pacing has been just fine, we've got 40 pages to use in 4 days, we likely won't even use them all if MB goes through, and you're a slot of great general interest. Use them, it's fine as long as you're not spending 2 pages talking to yourself.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

It’s pretty clear Titus is scum here.

She’s voting me and not looking for scum going “Hey you’re doing scummy shit”
Despite literally being asked by LLD to do scummy shit a few posts back.

She’s not hunting who scum is. If she believes (imho incorrectly) that scum are off my wagon then she should vote someone off my wagon.

LLD has a perverse sense of I am useless to town but if I can die and cover who your mason partner(s) are and pointing out scum then I did my job. Exactly as I was asked.

Titus is blatantly refusing to look at context here which makes her scum.

I have said several times I don’t care about “winning” or avoiding elim. I care about mason shielding and scum hunting. If my wagon helps that I am all for it.

Mastina doesn’t want to join my wagon because it’s a death sentence/scum claim because LLD will have a field day tomorrow there
Spiffeh knows I am town because obvious
Dunnstral joining would be a scum claim
Quiet can’t join because afk
Sangres townreads me
Kitty is on the fence
Tammy townreads me
Mala is townreading me/on the fence
And Bork I dunno his opinion

What’s more telling is I am not hammered rather than a vague thread of it “being too late”. People need to start a wagon and rather than town!Titus hero you just lament “whelp Math is miselimmed” which makes you scum.

We have 4 days and 40 ish pages.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Prism »

I went ahead and looked at the rest of quiet's history. Not playing any other games atm, 0 scumgames, every towngame is significantly more active/realtime, put that together with reads that he's not really challenging himself on at all and this does not look good for quiet.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:11 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1144, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1144, GreyICE wrote:
In post 1143, mastina wrote:actually my strongest scumread. (That'd be SirCakez.) But I absolutely
should
explain my Prism scumread because if I don't, I'll never have anyone follow me because they won't see where I'm coming from.
hol up

You're making a case on your
second
strongest scumread?

Don't tell me it's for posterity, if you're nightkilled tonight after this day 1 then a choir of angels will come out my butt to play Taps on the way to the dead thread.
Hey hey!

She’s doing the thing Dunn is!

You know voting someone else and talking about someone else despite someone else voting SirCakez who she townreads...and she’s spamming the thread with all theses posts about Prism which won’t happen today.

What a great point, Mathblade! Certainly only scum would do that!
In post 1116, MathBlade wrote:Take your present I will “bus” Mastina? Get it over elim.

Happy now.

Because you’re clearly not a mason ;)

VOTE: Mastina
In post 1117, MathBlade wrote:I will even case Dunn later tonight maybe while my vote is on Mastina.

I am THAT scummy.

I know your actual role, you're the goddamn Vineyard of WIFOM.

You can't just try to push me on to Mastina with something you did a few pages ago. Sauce, goose, gander.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1165, GreyICE wrote:
In post 1144, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1144, GreyICE wrote:
In post 1143, mastina wrote:actually my strongest scumread. (That'd be SirCakez.) But I absolutely
should
explain my Prism scumread because if I don't, I'll never have anyone follow me because they won't see where I'm coming from.
hol up

You're making a case on your
second
strongest scumread?

Don't tell me it's for posterity, if you're nightkilled tonight after this day 1 then a choir of angels will come out my butt to play Taps on the way to the dead thread.
Hey hey!

She’s doing the thing Dunn is!

You know voting someone else and talking about someone else despite someone else voting SirCakez who she townreads...and she’s spamming the thread with all theses posts about Prism which won’t happen today.

What a great point, Mathblade! Certainly only scum would do that!
In post 1116, MathBlade wrote:Take your present I will “bus” Mastina? Get it over elim.

Happy now.

Because you’re clearly not a mason ;)

In post 1117, MathBlade wrote:I will even case Dunn later tonight maybe while my vote is on Mastina.

I am THAT scummy.

I know your actual role, you're the goddamn Vineyard of WIFOM.

You can't just try to push me on to Mastina with something you did a few pages ago. Sauce, goose, gander.
I mean you quoted where I followed LLD’s instructions....

Like I mean.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:20 am

Post by SirCakez »

I got behind :(
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:24 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 981, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 980, SirCakez wrote:Are you calling LLD scum just because she's mastina's top townread? lmao
CAKEBOI IS IN ON THE SETUP CALLING IT HERE
damn Pooky u should be a psychic
In post 983, GreyICE wrote:
In post 980, SirCakez wrote:This post is town as fuck
No it's not, it's NAI. I'd make that post to anyone regardless of my alignment. In fact it's probably a good example of something that I'd often call "belongs in Mafia Discussion" because I could transplant it there almost word for word without breaking site rules.

It's just a post I felt like making :P
The post I quoted there was a Bell post though
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:24 am

Post by SirCakez »

I could sheep Prism on KTT, then no one can call it OMGUS
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:30 am

Post by SirCakez »

these flavor arguments are fucking dumb
nobody should be basing any read on anybody's flavor claim
In post 999, Prism wrote:Pretty town
===========
bork
Can you talk about this one because Bork has not shown up at all for me yet
In post 1029, Spiffeh wrote:Tammy and sangres will not be dying tonight.

This is not a crumb (I don't do that), it is a fact.

Carry on.
you are heading in a compass direction on my readslist that is not north, east or west
In post 1039, Battle Mage wrote:A few recent scumreads from Math IN REVERSE CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER (note, this is only a sample, and excludes townreads - the flip-flopping between townreads and scumreads is incredible).
In post 1016, MathBlade wrote:Mastina is scum
In post 1001, MathBlade wrote: BM and Titus are scum though pretty much ride or die.
In post 938, MathBlade wrote: You’re still scum Pooky.
In post 933, MathBlade wrote:my gut pings she’s scum.

In post 929, MathBlade wrote: I can do BM or Titus. I prefer Titus.
In post 919, MathBlade wrote: Prism is probably scum
In post 740, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Pooky
I do scumread you.
In post 639, MathBlade wrote: VOTE: SirCakez

I have reasons but they’re anti town to say
In post 554, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Dunn
In post 521, MathBlade wrote:Actually
VOTE: Cakez

Hopefully this can become a thing.
This post is kind of misleading because some of these posts are renaming the same SRs. It's not like it's 15 different SRs.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Kitty Trauma Team »

In post 1163, MathBlade wrote:Kitty is on the fence
Tammy townreads me
Mala is townreading me/on the fence

lol what

mala is one half of kitty, and i've been very clearly townreading you both here, in our private kitty trauma ward, and on snapchat for probably longer than mala

real weird to call that on the fence when i just called you one of my strongest town reads but okay
In post 1108, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Kitty slot lives to day 2 because I don't believe Kuribo makes that post as scum.

Not that he is incapable of doing it, Kuribo is definitely skilled enough.

and not that Kuribo couldn't do that as a neutral non-alignment response in any game if they were having a hard day

but in this game with this circumstance and being in a hydra with Mala, I just don't see Kuribo making that post because he has to know it makes him look worse and cedes a ton of his ability to live to players like me.

And I'll jump on that shit. having a bad day? don't care, lemme push you and see if you squirm the way scum does.

and Kuribo knows it.

So IDK, they live to day 2 not buying that shit from Kuribo scum this specific game

blah blah blah blah blah, not a single game has ever gone by where you didn't misread me (either intentionally as scum yourself, or just because you can't read me) and call me scum, and in fact i'm pretty sure every time you've ever done it as scum, I got you voted off instead :neutral:

and if you think i'm gonna squirm in a game i have no investment in, then i guess you've lost a step or two

on a more personal note, LLD, i like you as a person. I really do. but holy shit, you are forever exhausting to play with. I think this'll be our last game together.

i just can't deal with you trying to pick fights with me just because you can't fucking read me. every game we play together you tunnel me, either because you're scum or because you're just this hyperaggressive maniac who doesn't know how to actually play. and the fun thing is, i don't have to deal with that.

and my play style doesn't revolve around you, i'll post whatever I want, whenever I want, you can either like it or don't. i'm not afraid of you because i'm just not going to engage you and if you mislynch me then oh fucking well, i only came here because mala was excited about the flavor and asked me to play. i got no investment here.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:35 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1065, Spiffeh wrote:I'm catching up now but here's a real hot take: The star-crossed siblings MathBlade and Titus are both Town and will be mislimmed this game despite my efforts.
Let's see the efforts then
I'm excited :)
In post 1067, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:Maybe she’s going for the too scummy to be scum approach

On that note I started writing such a detailed post to Fery and then my iPad died during the middle of it and i lost it all.

FML
your mistake was playing MS on an iPad
In post 1082, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Yea I'm sure Dunnstral after getting savagely snowed and crushed in Tenet would decide to play the exact same way because he is a glutton for suffering and pain.
Look at this shit
I'd bet dollars to donuts Pooky and Dunn are buddies
Pooky would definitely go in hard to protect a scumbuddy because redacted
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:44 am

Post by SirCakez »

there are too many walls in this game I had to start skimming
In post 1148, mastina wrote:He's gotten two or three votes with players widely suspicious of him beyond those who have voted him already. I remain optimistic on that front.
Who the fuck are these people?
You obviously can't actually case me.

In other news where did quiet go?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

want to yeet: Dunn, Pooky, Titus,
would yeet: Quiet, KTT, mastina
idk: Spiffeh, Bell, GreyIce, Bork
don't want to yeet: sangres, Tammy, BM, Math
never yeet: Prism, LLD
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”