Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Kitty Trauma Team »

Excuse me, but am I the only one unsettled by the fact Bork has not mentioned Titus once prior to Ffery interaction and then
humped
jumped on after I voted.

-M

Preddit:

You done ducked up.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1321, borkjerfkin wrote:thank you.
i would sig that if i weren't committed to the beefycheese.

i might anyway.
I’m flattered but if you do wait until post game. Changing avatars or sigs as in game manipulation is a site wide rule no no.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

i comprehend.

I was in walking dead but replaced out when i got miserable (and i think my slot was NKed that night anyway) - what about mastina from walking dead is relevant here wrt her scum game in general?
beefycheese
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1325, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:Excuse me, but am I the only one unsettled by the fact Bork has not mentioned Titus once prior to Ffery interaction and then
humped
jumped on after I voted.

-M

Preddit:

You done ducked up.
Not really. Bork had a good wall with reads. Not bothered by it.

Would appreciate a redo sangres.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1325, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:Excuse me, but am I the only one unsettled by the fact Bork has not mentioned Titus once prior to Ffery interaction and then humped jumped on after I voted.
my vote had nothing to do w/ yours other than it put it in the forefront of my mind, and I was already considering going there. Was the only one of the wagons here I feel comfortable being on both by my read on the slot itself and my reads on its members
beefycheese
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1327, borkjerfkin wrote:i comprehend.

I was in walking dead but replaced out when i got miserable (and i think my slot was NKed that night anyway) - what about mastina from walking dead is relevant here wrt her scum game in general?
Nothing specific, just a game where I scumread Mastina day 2 (I think?), Nacho townread her, and I let my concerns drop. Mastina was elimmed a few game days later and flipped traitor.
In post 1325, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:Excuse me, but am I the only one unsettled by the fact Bork has not mentioned Titus once prior to Ffery interaction and then
humped
jumped on after I voted.

-M

Preddit:

You done ducked up.
There's not a whole huge lot to bork's iso, but he has mentioned not liking Titus before.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

god i fucking sucked in walking dead

anyway, i appreciate the reachout as that has helped me center myself and figure out where i wanted to be.

Can you summarize nacho's conflicting take?
beefycheese
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by Bell »

I'm town lurking, not scum lurking.

I'm just gunna sheep LLD day one.
I will state the only player I will probably vote not named Mathblade this day phase is Mastina.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by sangres »

Redo:

In post 1315, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1307, sangres wrote:@Bork, what are your thoughts on stuff?
stuff that you particularly commented on here, off the cuff:

Game is starting to get a little drowned out by non-AI chest thumping but:

Still think Math is town; what do you mean by "Trollish" - reading this as more "I'm continually slighted by LLD; what can I even do here?" and am not bothered by it
Thanks. This is why I wish Nacho was around, to counterbalance my predispositions. I know they're there, but I can't fully stomp them.
I actually like everything from Dunn +
I like that post, too. And I feel like the BoP stuff from Spiffeh related to Dunn's play in that game is unfair, though I don't scumread Spiffeh for thinking that way.
Agree w/ Prism town and don't really see anything that suggests otherwise in that body of work. Whatever, Prism could probably run circles around me if they wanted but I'm just not seeing the angles of attack that some others are making; seems breadth focused, analytic, bristly when attacked for the wrong reasons, pretty much everything I saw in 2181.
Agree. I don't think similar tone and tempo to that game makes Prism town. It's the content here that I feel comfortable with.
I think Cakez is town?; I noted that he called out Prism's read on me in particular as something that he disagreed with, but had me in null, and was looking for another spot where he and Prism differed in a more profound way and couldn't really find one. is poking at stones mostly ignored by others.
Yeah. I laughed a hollow laugh at Pooky's jibe about self-meta there.
Don't really like anything Mastina has posted so far, esp wrt that flavor angle
Obviously, same. I probably won't move my vote there without Nacho having a look because I have a fair bit of respect for nacho's ability to read Mastina, though I still and will always keep the Walking Dead game in mind.
Don't like any of Titus' voting patterns esp wrt Mathblade.
I just don't feel any conviction from Titus, and I definitely don't feel like she's made the slightest effort to engage me despite developing quite the scumread over the last 3-4 pages.
Don't really like Battle Mage's stance around Titus and Math or Dunn.
I liked his early-early posts and thought I could see where he was coming from. That's slight sync with where his head appeared to be at disappeared before morning phase ended and I've never recovered it.

We need to do more of this.

------------------

New Stuff:

borkjerfkin wrote:god i fucking sucked in walking dead

anyway, i appreciate the reachout as that has helped me center myself and figure out where i wanted to be.

Can you summarize nacho's conflicting take?
Do you mean his take on Mastina? Nacho hasn't seen any of Mastina's content posts afaik and doesn't have a take there yet, which is why I'm in a holding pattern on her, despite my scumread. Nacho's been too busy with work since Monday night to do more than acknowledge some of the posts I've linked from this game and apologize for not having time for games atm.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1315, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1307, sangres wrote:@Bork, what are your thoughts on stuff?
stuff that you particularly commented on here, off the cuff:

Game is starting to get a little drowned out by non-AI chest thumping but:

Still think Math is town; what do you mean by "Trollish" - reading this as more "I'm continually slighted by LLD; what can I even do here?" and am not bothered by it
I actually like everything from Dunn +
Agree w/ Prism town and don't really see anything that suggests otherwise in that body of work. Whatever, Prism could probably run circles around me if they wanted but I'm just not seeing the angles of attack that some others are making; seems breadth focused, analytic, bristly when attacked for the wrong reasons, pretty much everything I saw in 2181.
I think Cakez is town?; I noted that he called out Prism's read on me in particular as something that he disagreed with, but had me in null, and was looking for another spot where he and Prism differed in a more profound way and couldn't really find one. is poking at stones mostly ignored by others.
Don't really like anything Mastina has posted so far, esp wrt that flavor angle
Don't like any of Titus' voting patterns esp wrt Mathblade.
Don't really like Battle Mage's stance around Titus and Math or Dunn.
This post is better then anything else in borks iso
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1333, sangres wrote:Do you mean his take on Mastina? Nacho hasn't seen any of Mastina's content posts afaik and doesn't have a take there yet, which is why I'm in a holding pattern on her, despite my scumread. Nacho's been too busy with work since Monday night to do more than acknowledge some of the posts I've linked from this game and apologize for not having time for games atm.
yeah, and nvm i misunderstood then, i misconstrued the "nacho's ability to read Mastina" as a "nacho is currently townreading mastina" and not the "nacho isn't engaged" that it was.

oh:
We need to do more of this.
winky face
beefycheese
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Think the game needs a bit of humor:

“Veth: Please don’t attack me I am traveling with a murderer”
Matt Roll persuasion at disadvantage
Sam 1 and doesn’t reroll despite halfling
Me hahahahaha that tracks

(Critical role)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Titus »

Claiming VT.

Don't care if I get yeeted. This game is a town loss. There's no cohesion or ability to get it thanks to the stupid post restriction.

You have my solve. See you in 1-2 months.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

The post restriction is a limit of 80 something pages and you’re not even posting.

There’s 40 pages left.

There’s actually a pretty good town block imho, even if I am not in it which is my job as a Townie.
LLD, Kitty, sangres, Tammy, Pooky, Prism, bork and that’s off the top of my head.

Is Titus just defeated scum here?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Okay 30ish I can’t do math sometimes but that’s still a lot. Y’all get my point.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1338, MathBlade wrote:The post restriction is a limit of 80 something pages and you’re not even posting.

There’s 40 pages left.

There’s actually a pretty good town block imho, even if I am not in it which is my job as a Townie.
LLD, Kitty, sangres, Tammy, Pooky, Prism, bork and that’s off the top of my head.

Is Titus just defeated scum here?
Tammy isn't posting because of grading and spam. No one tries to work with her.
Kitty is town and fair to be in a block.
LLD is lying and not a team player so she is not in any block. She's a dictator.
Sangres isn't town which is a requirement. That's part of why town loses.
Pooky is fair in a block.
Prism isn't working with anyone and his interactions with Cakez are bad. If it wasn't for VCA, they'd be partners.
Bork is close to fair but not active enough to actually form a block.

Townblocks are active and discuss reads with each other. Aside from Cakez, it's which policy elimination to pursue.

I don't want to play in a post limited game with you and LLD but subbing out would be tactical and against the rules.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by Titus »

I am defeated here, but you have my alignment wrong. This is a great group but these mechanics are no fun.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by Prism »

UNVOTE:

decent chance I revote but want to revisit Cakez first tomorrow

Titus is being incredibly delusional btw but that's on us to work around if she's town

I'm also seriously considering a Math yeet just because I don't think I will ever be able to sort the slot.

Idk feel great about no votes, kinda sucks
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:54 pm

Post by sangres »

We are town. That's the one fact from which everything we post flows, and which shapes our thoughts about the game.

If you're town, Titus, I'm not sure why you'd misread us so emphatically.

I'm sorry the post limitation is such a problem for you. I see it as not that different from the FGO game, except we may actually run up against the limit this game day, something that never really threatened to happen in the FGO game.

I play conversationally, so keeping my postcount reasonable is a bit of a struggle, and I worry big quote-and-replies may cause eyes to glaze over.

Even so, I like this pace. I feel like everyone should be able to keep up with the game and if we do have replacements it won't be a Sisyphean ordeal to get into the game.

Tammy almost always has days where her worklife takes precedence. I don't think that prevents her from contributing significantly as any alignment. And, nacho and I, at least, have worked with her, and will continue to do so.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Like I don’t get why Titus is having an issue.

We all had to read the rules on replace in.

Why is this only an issue now?

Someone help me here. Am I just an ass?

The only real person whose been hyper about post count really is me, but that’s mostly because I have been in the hot seat all day.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Wow that should be game start lol
I replace in so much it’s my default lmao
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:05 pm

Post by Prism »

sangres, if it isn't obvious I honestly have no fucking clue who is scum this game, suggestions are welcome, looks like you kind of concur on Titus but do you have any others? iirc you also scumread Dunn for that weird ass interaction with us

Titus in general has been a delusional/cynical mess all game long, so I agree with you, there's just one or two posts that give me doubt.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by Titus »

@sangres, Everything flowing isn't how I read you. In fact, one could argue consistency is scummy.

Your position on me has been tunnely nonsense. I get some of the votes on me. Yours, I struggle to see a town perspective on. It feels like a chainsaw from my earlier posting. You never took me head on and said your problem imo but you were perfectly ok to sheep other opinions.

I play conversationally too but if everyone plays conversationally we get a deadline elimination on town. I suck day one (usually) so it's best to let others take charge with such bullshit in place.

The problem is that letting others take charge shouldn't lead to opinions being treated as bullshit or ignored. I felt compelled to reply to this post because this reachout from whichever head is talking feels rather genuine and caused me to reconsider that read.

I agree with the game pace being fine. The problem is it's because slots are silenced. Tammy and mastina have nothing memorable. I can't push on the Prism/Cakez issue because it would take too many posts to pressure the thread and demand that read from Cakez while fending off "confirmed" town. Fighting confirmed town when you suck at day 1, defending yourself takes valuable resources, and you can't get a solid person to sheep is hard. It's hopeless when I can't see who to get to work together.

I'll read through this one more time by Saturday at noon. Then eliminate me or not.

The popularity contest for artifacts encourages the lying for power. Then the post limit creates a tradegy of the commons situation with posting.

Every post I make takes a post from someone else. Players like Math don't get that. He sucks day 1 too and he spams. He doesn't work with others. I think his level of crazy is town this game but I have been burned before.

I guess what I need is hope. I don't see where it is.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:13 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1344, MathBlade wrote:We all had to read the rules on replace in.

Why is this only an issue now?
You're not an ass.

The post limit and popularity contest were not in the signup thread. I always had an issue with them once I found out.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:20 pm

Post by Titus »

I might be depressed.

Don't be surprised if I don't post tomorrow. I'm trying to sort that out.

X post all games.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”