Playing With Fire
Playing With Fire
Goon
Playing With Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:16 pm

Post by Playing With Fire »

In post 438, Misty Waters wrote:plz work with me. I am town and I strongly think you are town with y'all's entrance.

It is nightless, there is no n1:
and this is very solidly mollie town.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:17 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 694, Playing With Fire wrote:Sacrificing yourself this game affects more than just yourself. Slow game so far but it's not fair for you to torpedo other people's chances of winning because you decided not to replace out of this game; if you're not having fun then replace out or just don't post but don't try to suicide because you got a few votes on you.

Most importantly, do NOT rob me of the chance to play with Noraa.
What's scummy about that is that Flavor recognizes he put in 0 effort and that he owes her another game, but he's ready to self hammer on behalf of both heads even though Noraa was playing.

As town, wouldn't you just rather lurk out and let your partner carry in that situation, as opposed to say you'll self hammer without even consulting your partner?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:19 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 699, Playing With Fire wrote:just because this isn't a town game where you're the best of the best doesn't give you the right to screw over people who are enjoying the game or putting effort in, especially when you're hydraing with someone else. did you run this by noraaa or did you just tell her you were leaving and killing both of you?
^^^^^
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:21 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i dont think norra has read any of this game or posted once
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Playing With Fire
Playing With Fire
Goon
Playing With Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:22 pm

It's not scummy, it's just inconsiderate as shit. I get self-voting out of frustration but what Flavor's doing right now is just a big old middle finger to everyone playing the game and I don't like it on a personal level.
Playing With Fire
Playing With Fire
Goon
Playing With Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:22 pm

In post 703, Firebringer wrote:i dont think norra has read any of this game or posted once
She's posted twice. She's terrible about signing but FL is pretty good.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i think flavor is personally at a burn out level for games and should just take a game hiatus and return when he finds motivation to play or love for the game. he has foudn no love for the game recently.

and its been making him toxic.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:24 pm

Post by Auro »

Spoiler:
In post 376, Sweet and Salty wrote:I have finally read up. Hello hello hi.

My current solve looks something like Playing with fire/Elon Musk/Misty/Gypyx/Firebringer

The SR on misty is the strongest because town misty simply doesn't look like this. The # of shitposts is not acceptable in misty standards even if this game is meme-y as fuck. Town misty doesn't let some flimsy game change them. Nuh uh.

Gypyx and Firebringer have been dodgy and its very very subtle but something's wrong there.

Elon Musk feels pretty self conscious and jumpy around Misty. One head said Misty wasn't scum. Then the other voted misty. and the first head was like good vote or something. And that just felt so unnatural.
I can't really remember why I SRed Playing with Fire so that's my lightest SR obviously.

Money wise ... I bought all sorts of stocks of stores I liked yesterday and I lost 20k
all the stocks went down :(

I bought Starbucks, Costco, Albertsons, Target, and some others that I can't remember anymore but anyways. I'm poor as fuck.
In post 377, Sweet and Salty wrote:Ok I just remembered.
I thought Playing with Fire and Cabd's convo was strangely pocket-y
this makes me think one of them is scum and currently I lean nacho being scum over cabd being scum.
In post 397, Sweet and Salty wrote:
In post 386, Mistyx wrote:
In post 376, Sweet and Salty wrote:The SR on misty is the strongest because town misty simply doesn't look like this. The # of shitposts is not acceptable in misty standards even if this game is meme-y as fuck. Town misty doesn't let some flimsy game change them. Nuh uh.
which misty
The one that's scum. Aka you. You. YOU.
In post 398, Sweet and Salty wrote:
In post 391, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
Auction #1

Auction Rules
  • All Bids must be made in your PTs
  • Auctions will be resolved by the highest bid(s) winning the ability
  • Ability Supply will be determined randomly (could result in 0, 1 or 2 auction winners)
  • Abilities must be used within 4 RT days before they expire
  • Auctions last for 2 RT days
  • Auction #2 will begin Friday 9PM EST
  • can someone that is good at stocks buy the neighborizer and neighborize me? I suck ass at stocks and only know how to lose money. someone help me thanks.
    In post 399, Sweet and Salty wrote:I also love being in neighborhoods.
    In post 400, Sweet and Salty wrote:Heck even if ur scum that's fine. At least I have someone to chat to.
    In post 402, Sweet and Salty wrote:Who you? Also ok cool but if ur not good at stocks, dont neighborize me. I just need stocks advice.

I thought all of these were Noraa posts, although the next post says -Salt so hm but still.

@PWF: I think it's scummy precisely because it's super inconsiderate as town - I don't imagine town!Leaf to have that thought process. As scum there's always the potential payoff from self vote AtE.
    Auro
    Auro
    Survivor
    Auro
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:24 pm

Post by Auro »

And Flavor Leaf is a master of that.
    Misty Waters
    Misty Waters
    Goon
    Misty Waters
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:25 pm

Post by Misty Waters »

Fire it sure does sound like FL needs a vacation
    Misty Waters
    Misty Waters
    Goon
    Misty Waters
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:25 pm

Post by Misty Waters »

I took a vacation it was great
    Auro
    Auro
    Survivor
    Auro
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Auro »

I wish we had games like Avalon in MS too
    Playing With Fire
    Playing With Fire
    Goon
    Playing With Fire
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:31 pm

In post 707, Auro wrote:@PWF: I think it's scummy precisely because it's super inconsiderate as town - I don't imagine town!Leaf to have that thought process. As scum there's always the potential payoff from self vote AtE.
    this makes sense but sometimes people are shitty.

they don't necessarily mean to be shitty but sometimes they just are because they're burnt out, worn down. and based on fire posting i think that's exactly what's happening here.
    Playing With Fire
    Playing With Fire
    Goon
    Playing With Fire
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:32 pm

normal scum fire from what i've seen is more aggressive, more obsessed with control. ate'ing to get out of a day 1 lynch puts you in a pretty vulnerable position, so it's not as cut and dry as it might seem at first.
    Auro
    Auro
    Survivor
    Auro
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:33 pm

Post by Auro »

You're right. I was supposing that FL's burnout could just be accelerating his style of scum play, but it could cause him to react this way without too much thought as town too.

In any case, vote Gamestop
    Auro
    Auro
    Survivor
    Auro
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by Auro »

Oh I'm sure Flavor knows that people might not receive AtE well too :P it's not cut and dry at all, but he (thinks he) knows what he's doing.
    Playing With Fire
    Playing With Fire
    Goon
    Playing With Fire
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:36 pm

In post 715, Auro wrote:Oh I'm sure Flavor knows that people might not receive AtE well too :P it's not cut and dry at all, but he (thinks he) knows what he's doing.
    and i haven't really seen it work for him in the past? whenever he says "whatever just lynch me" it seems like people just

lynch him
    Auro
    Auro
    Survivor
    Auro
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by Auro »

really? I thought I saw him use it successfully in the past

but anyway, this is now a useless discussion

let's move to spicier stuff
    Playing With Fire
    Playing With Fire
    Goon
    Playing With Fire
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:01 pm

spicier stuff is me going the fuck to sleep.

the people that i care about right now is {misty waters, firebringer}. those two people are my life boats this game because NOT ONLY are they very firm townreads for me, but i trust what they're seeing within the game itself. i'm excited to place firebringer here - i think this is a weird intersection of a game where he and i both thrive because we are vibing in a way we've never vibed before minus the me not being the best shitposter ever point. i like sense of urgency behind mw's frustration wrt the gamestate - the easiest thing to do when nothing is happening is let apathy thrive but i could feel them flailing a bit trying to get something started. i think maybe mollie's reachout to FL happens as either alignment but i don't think that it happens the same way if she's scum. the words to describe the difference aren't really coming to me now.

i think you're town. i think that sweet & salty is town. i like you a lot but you seem to be a bit scattershot, a little wacky, a little off the beaten path - nothing wrong with it but we're not seeing the same game in most places (although I do really like your gypyx read). i like the tiny bit of noraa that i saw and FL's defeatism coming out of absolutely nowhere i think is more likely to be town than not even though i hate it.

i have some people i think might be town for silly reasons. i'd like to hold onto these for now so my tired brain can stew over them.

i don't like gamestop. gamestop's entrance to the thread was kind of like Elon's - just as lot of fucking around without much behind it. the difference between the two is that elon is still sticking his neck out a little bit with the "i'm a banned user!" and the push on sweet and salty - not *significant*, but a reason why he might get singled out from the crowd. gamestop is just... a meme account whose meme is getting a bit repetitive. and i also can't emphasize how hard it is to get into a game early as scum, and gamestop came in too late and just didn't fit in whatsoever. want to see more from this slot. like anything. at all.

i don't like hop or tweet. hopkirk seems cheery enough, but they never really dug their hooks into anything or attempted to. i get it when the gamestate is kind of wonky but the "nothing AI is happening!!" while not attempting to change it or produce content rattled me.

i really don't like brutualism. the cabd side i'm familiar with and there's just nothing from the slot that's resonated to me. i've expected strategy comments, i've expected him to come out in thread and push shit, i've expected more commentary on people that he's decided to seek out this game. i understand the gimmick but i don't think that them being mean to people has really added any value to the game so far - you can make roasting fun but that doesn't seem like his intention this game. i don't get why he has interactions with gamma + noraa the way he does if town. if town he's crossing some lines but if scum he's doing his job. i don't like their breaking the gimmick to shoot the shit with me when they won't break the gimmick to build relationships with town. i don't like nor understand their battlemage vote; they outlined decent commentary on BM as town vs scum and now am voting him after he fell pretty squarely on the town side. i currently think that they are a decent part of the reason thread health is in a nasty place; they're tearing people down, they're acting like there's nothing wrong in thread even though everyone can feel it, like i just can't justify voting anywhere but here.

cabd, if you're town, please cool it on the jackass bit. you usually do a good job striking a balance between people wanting to punch you with a smile on their face because of mischeviousness and people wanting to punch you because you deserve it and you're trending too far to the latter. i don't need you to kill the gimmick completely, but i need something more from you and fast because i'm very very close to the point of no return with you.

VOTE: Brutalism

~Converted to Vote: Tag - Pooky
    Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Misty Waters
    Misty Waters
    Goon
    Misty Waters
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:27 pm

Post by Misty Waters »

VOTE: Brutalism
    Auro
    Auro
    Survivor
    Auro
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:33 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 718, Playing With Fire wrote:spicier stuff is me going the fuck to sleep.
    spicier stuff was your brutalism vote, game about to turn interesting
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Pooky got your back
    Pooky got your back

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:50 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Official Vote Count

Sweet and Salty
    (4): Battle Mage, Elon Musk, Gypyx, Mistyx
    Battle Mage
    (3): TweetieTheMagicalRabbit, Brutalism, GameStop
    GameStop
    (2): BBmolla, Auro
    Gamma Emerald
    (2): Firebringer, Not_Mafia
    Brutalism
    (1): Misty Waters
    Mistyx
    (1): Sweet and Salty

Not Voting
    (2): Gamma Emerald, Playing with Fire

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to eliminate.

Deadline
    : (expired on 2021-03-07 19:00:00)

Auction #2

Auction #2 will end in (expired on 2021-03-01 21:00:00)

Show
    "I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
    -MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
    That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
    It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
    BBmolla
    BBmolla
    Open Book
    BBmolla
    Open Book
    Open Book

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:59 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 480, Misty Waters wrote:
    In post 478, BBmolla wrote:
    In post 477, Misty Waters wrote:
    In post 476, BBmolla wrote:UNVOTE:
    VOTE: Gamestop

gut

I feel strongly ambivalent about this post.

on one hand I like the vote on gamestop because there is something wonky in gypyx/gamestop/elon/mistyx but on the other hand every time Molla has ever lynched me in a game its usually been based on "gut".

so am I left feeling feeling befuddled.
    I'm having a real hard time getting in this game so any stimulating questions towards me would be appreciated tbh
    Was there a particular post that pinged for you?
    Can you take a quick peek at gamestop/gypyx posts together and tell me what your gut says?
    What do you think of Brutalism's meta iioa?
    Who are your town reads?
    What is your read on our slot?
    Do you think you understand the mechanics of the game thoroughly?
    im gonna respond to this by saying I will try to take time to respond to this this weekend and hopefully it'll get me into the game ty
    @thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
    BBmolla
    BBmolla
    Open Book
    BBmolla
    Open Book
    Open Book

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:04 pm

Post by BBmolla »

nacho what up I hope life is treating you well we met like 10 years ago
    @thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
    Brutalism
    Brutalism
    Goon
    Brutalism
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:53 am

Post by Brutalism »

Waking up and reading Nacho's formless thoughts is like someone take a piss in my coffee.

I was shaken out of bed because I couldn't believe what was happening. You're really gonna sit here and tell Cabd to "stop being a jackass" as your big issue with us? That's your read on us? Let's see what else you had to say..
    In post 718, Playing With Fire wrote:i really don't like brutualism. the cabd side i'm familiar with and there's just nothing from the slot that's resonated to me. i've expected strategy comments, i've expected him to come out in thread and push shit, i've expected more commentary on people that he's decided to seek out this game. i understand the gimmick but i don't think that them being mean to people has really added any value to the game so far - you can make roasting fun but that doesn't seem like his intention this game. i don't get why he has interactions with gamma + noraa the way he does if town. if town he's crossing some lines but if scum he's doing his job. i don't like their breaking the gimmick to shoot the shit with me when they won't break the gimmick to build relationships with town. i don't like nor understand their battlemage vote; they outlined decent commentary on BM as town vs scum and now am voting him after he fell pretty squarely on the town side. i currently think that they are a decent part of the reason thread health is in a nasty place; they're tearing people down, they're acting like there's nothing wrong in thread even though everyone can feel it, like i just can't justify voting anywhere but here.
    Oh gods this is all fucking wrong. Every word of it; pause for effect. I would like to present my counter-argument:
    Nacho is not reading the game and claims to be shitposting.

Here's where our disappointment began to take place, on the path of broken promises and found retribution:
    In post 272, Playing With Fire wrote:
    In post 249, Brutalism wrote:This pace is entirely doable. This is actually what games were like before people decided they couldn't practice restraint and needed constant dopamine intake. Do you think it's telling for anyone in particular?
    The pace isn't an issue, what's an issue is that absolutely nothing has happened in the past 8 pages. Back before people decided they couldn't practice restraint they still posted content.
    In post 278, Playing With Fire wrote:
    In post 275, Misty Waters wrote:Nacho do you have anything on Brutalism so far?
    I do, I'll get those thoughts in thread when I'm home from work in a few hours.
    In post 280, Playing With Fire wrote:
    In post 277, Brutalism wrote:Do you both genuinely think nothing important happened in the past eight pages? We find that hard to believe, given we've already got two "new" reads off of the past 2 pages alone. Sounds to us like you're being lazy and hoping for the most surface level scumclaim style of posting. We're not mad, we're just finding your current play disappointing. You have so much more potential. I told Scorched that I was very annoyed by Elon but decided to move on from it as I had a guess much like the real Elon, they feed off the attention.

That said, you (Collective you, not specifically to one head or the other) taking the game seriously even while claiming to not earlier THEN turning around to complain about nobody taking it seriously is...????
    This game is light on content. Me saying that "nothing has happened" is exaggerative, but I tend to favor fun language over precise language.

Your second paragraph is an unfortunate series of misunderstandings. I'll do some work to untangle when I'm home.
    None of this ever happened. Misunderstandings turned into a scum case on us. I'm not sure what willed Nacho to try and shoot the angle we're being jackasses when it just shows a lack of consideration on his part. Don't be fooled though, this made us frown but it's not why you're scum. Both me and Scorched were both looking at each other like 'let's give the old man some time' and we eventually just decided you were never coming. And when you do show up? All of that build-up and issue you had with the game is just a tool to sculpt your own behavior. Why did you decide to come at us? Because it would make you look good and you could work around your own misconceptions and lack of play.

And I have personal issue with this part because I'm petty and you should absolutely know this by TENET:
    In post 678, Playing With Fire wrote:i'm trying not to focus on brutalism too much but i don't like their battle mage vote without an attempt to explain shit and i like them even less when recently they pulled the "if you're town, look at our battle mage scumread"
    when there seems to be nothing behind it - audacity with absolutely nothing behind it is vintage scumcho.
    Myself wrote:
    Battle Mage feels all wrong. Gives off the impression of a conman both in his tone and the way he's dealt with price exchange.

Mistyx vote from Elon is past it's expiration date. She's scummy in a vacuum but doesn't seem like she exactly plays to be excruciatingly town; Cement didn't understand what was exactly fun about wagoning Gamma or why she unvoted.

So I wanna pose an interesting question to you water misty: If nobody is doing anything..then what are scum doing? Do you think scum could potentially get impatient with town and complain about the fact nothing is happening? Surely not, right..

Limming BM has quickly become priority number 1 for both of us with number 2 being Nacho's false promises.

BM acts with trepidation. It might not be what he wants you to believe, but it's there. Nothing he says seems to come from a perspective of a comfortable townie just interacting with the game. Being all friendly and sticking his nose in places he has no business with, yet insecure enough to pose that scum is actually afraid of him. You're not a big man in ironclad armor BM, look at your own title for reference. When are scum ever going to be trembling at you presence; you know what you're good at and
    that's the problem
    . You use that as a veil to fish for information. It's overly invasive as you're not trying to build up trust among people, nor are you putting anything you've learned to good use. It's scummy folks, and it only continues to get worse
    unwnd is Cement urban hell. Cabd is Scorched earth.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”