Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Pooky townvibing with the passion here. could be TvT.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1791, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1789, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1786, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1782, Battle Mage wrote:was it spiffeh who was trying to argue mathblade wasn't opportunistic and survivalistic? whoever it was, needs a serious re-think. and any sane vig should be shooting Mathblade tonight.
BM+SirCakez+Bell+Quiet?

Spitballing here. I think this fits?
math, in the nicest way, are you on auto-pilot for this entire game? your response every time someone suggests you might be scum is to swear blind that they are scum. it's 1-dimensional.
On the contrary. I thought Bell was town at first.
Each of the scumreads here is bad
BM >> Horrible 180
SirCakez >> Buddying and posturing then shade outta nowhere
Bell >> To borrow his wording “is too narrow”
Quiet >> Lurker PoE that Cakez defended iirc.
i'll give you respect for the fact you admit your reads are bad, but my next question is obvious - why haven't you re-evaluated them?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:44 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1825, Battle Mage wrote:Pooky townvibing with the passion here. could be TvT.
im gonna scream
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:45 am

Post by Battle Mage »

74 pages deep, no consensus on an elim. Cakez, who should i actually vote for?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

TITUS
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Prism »

Will be in in an hour or two, try not to turboburn pages, we have like 12 but the burn rate is quite fast atm and I'd like to hear more from LLD before EoD.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I'm kinda caught up, unfortunately I heavily skimmed posts from MathBlade, Bell, Tammy, sangres, etc. because I already know where I stand with them today. I have less time/patience for this game than I thought I would so I plan to reread their posts from the last fifteen pages during the Night phase.

I agree with a lot of what Prism said about Cakez' play style difference between this game and Xenoblade, and found his recent posts to be not awful so I'm sticking with my town lean on him.

When deciding between mastina and Titus, I can say that I have seen several glimmers of town!Titus whereas mastina has basically been a blank slate since the beginning of the game and has remained that way throughout.

I think mastina's Prism flavor case is trash but I don't think it is necessarily alignment indicative for her. I thought her avoidance of the thread early on could have been scum indicative as I have only seen inactive mastina be scum, but I thought her transition to a more consistent (albeit less than I would like) activity was encouraging. It scares me to say that it's a possibility that all three viable wagons could be Town here.

However, the fact that I can point to things I townread from Titus makes me want mastina limmed over her. I do understand why several players want Titus limmed because of her defeatist attitude, so all I can say is that if Titus lives today I hope she is able to reset and pick it up on Day 2.

I also like the wagon-comp of mastina better than the others? Three town reads in sangres, Bell, and Prism, and even Battle Mage's more recent posts make me feel better about him.

I really just want Nacho to swoop in and save the Day with a five star case on some obvscum that none of us are seeing but I shouldn't hold out hope for that.

VOTE: mastina
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:39 am

Post by sangres »

I'm liking Tammy a whole lot better <3

Am not 100% in agreement, but I just really like her reactions to the data hitting the thread today.

Also like BM's recent posts.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:45 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1817, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Come up with an actual case if you want to prove you are town.
i fucking hate this statement. "you might be town if you're able to effort a big wall about me"?

who thinks like this?

p-edit: what is suddenly so indicative of town-titus all the sudden here? I'm really having trouble with a lot of the movement here since it doesn't seem predicated on recent play, and is therefore more likely to be part of a deliberate effort by scum to move the wagon toward cakez or mastina out of thread since i'm just not seeing anything in-thread organically that should be causing that
beefycheese
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:45 am

Post by Spiffeh »

If I were to redo my reads list I would put borkjerfkin in null, I may have overcorrected a bit when he reacted well to my initial pressure on him. I'm sensing a lack of urgency from his recent posts? Like he doesn't really care? We're so close to deadline and I feel like as town he'd notice how divided the wagons are and be more active in gathering players like ffery and Tammy and trying to lockdown the best lim for today, but he's kinda just going with the flow.

Again, could just be me having unfair expectations, but I feel like there's something missing here that was present in Tenet and I can't put my finger on it.

@bork I know you are scum reading Titus but where do you stand with mastina and SirCakez at this point?

@ffery You said earlier you were a little worried about bork, can you elaborate on those feelings?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:45 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

i'm not going anywhere near the cakez wagon regardless
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:47 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1834, Spiffeh wrote:mastina
basically where you do, would vote more due to the digging in heels on the flavor spec thing and not doing much else, but i still think titus is more likely scum
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:48 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

but i'm more spooked by the last minute shift here than anything else because titus is just sitting there, mastina is MIA, and yet there's momentum
beefycheese
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:52 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I am incredibly disappointed that Dunnstral has basically been ignored ever since I stopped talking about him. I gave him space and he has done jack shit with it. Like I said about bork above, I feel like he's just going through the motions now that the pressure is off of him. I see no real motivation to get this lim right, and while his indifference could stem from the fact that he's scum reading both Titus and Cakez, his other reads have been just as stagnant so I highly doubt that's the case.

Like Dunn has had me as one of his most confident scum reads ever since the start of the Afternoon and despite me being at nearly the top of EVERYONE ELSE's reads list he has not done one thing to reconcile his own read OR convince anyone else that they're wrong about me.

Regardless of today's outcome Dunnstral needs more attention tomorrow.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:52 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1837, borkjerfkin wrote:but i'm more spooked by the last minute shift here than anything else because titus is just sitting there, mastina is MIA, and yet there's momentum
If you're talking about the recent votes on mastina, who specifically are you spooked by on that wagon?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:00 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1839, Spiffeh wrote:If you're talking about the recent votes on mastina, who specifically are you spooked by on that wagon?
Honestly? Everyone except Bell and Battle Mage because they weren't interested in Titus to begin with:

any of
Sangres
Prism
your

Feel to me like they could possibly be stay-off-my-buddy votes just because none of them have any real "I've changed my mind about Titus" to them, and if mastina flips green there basically has to be scum in there
beefycheese
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:03 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1833, borkjerfkin wrote:p-edit: what is suddenly so indicative of town-titus all the sudden here? I'm really having trouble with a lot of the movement here since it doesn't seem predicated on recent play, and is therefore more likely to be part of a deliberate effort by scum to move the wagon toward cakez or mastina out of thread since i'm just not seeing anything in-thread organically that should be causing that
I hit 1/2 posts from Titus that went against my "Setting up MathBlade to fail" theory and from there started wondering ways I could be wrong. I also liked the readwall and there were probably other posts I liked tonally later in the day but I was already unsure on this read from that first revisit, the big issue is that it took me eons to actually work through everything I wanted to. My post about Titus is 1711
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1840, borkjerfkin wrote:Honestly? Everyone except Bell and Battle Mage because they weren't interested in Titus to begin with:

any of
Sangres 1716
Prism 1725
your 1831

Feel to me like they could possibly be stay-off-my-buddy votes just because none of them have any real "I've changed my mind about Titus" to them, and if mastina flips green there basically has to be scum in there
The "If mastina flips town..." has yet to be resolved but I already take issues with this in that even if it flips green I'm not going to reevaluate Sangres for it and Spiffeh voting mastina makes me instantly feel better, though I guess given his earlier "both siblings are town" post maybe he feels he has to?

Originally I had a question of "Do you think this is true even if Titus is also town?" but at this point I don't even think it matters just looking at the slots themselves.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:11 am

Post by sangres »

In post 1840, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1839, Spiffeh wrote:If you're talking about the recent votes on mastina, who specifically are you spooked by on that wagon?
Honestly? Everyone except Bell and Battle Mage because they weren't interested in Titus to begin with:

any of
Sangres
Prism
your

My vote was artificially stagnant because I really wanted input from Nacho. He scumread Titus at the time of our Dunnstral vote and said he'd move to Titus, but that was a long time ago and there's been a ton of data since then. Not sure if I indicated it, but I got slight townfeels from my short interaction with Titus when she had been run up. I gave up on having a timely sync with Nacho this weekend, and that's when I moved our vote.

I've had a fair bit of antagonistic interaction with Mastina over her Prism case, and I don't think the vote change should AT ALL come as a surprise to you, simply based on that.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

any of
Sangres
Prism
your

I would pick Prism of those.

I don’t think Prism would do that claim as scum, but maybe the bolded text before was their motivation as scum to do it. Their play has been inexplicable as town or scum. I don’t see sangres or Spiffeh as scum here.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:00 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1833, borkjerfkin wrote:i fucking hate this statement. "you might be town if you're able to effort a big wall about me"?

who thinks like this?
I give him a bit of leeway.

he might be town who actually thinks I'm scum but is too much of a lazy dolt to sit down and write out the reasons why I'm scum but they've been bubbling around in his head and he's like 20 minutes of free time away from putting together a half decent case or whatever.

or he could be scum posturing and throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

I think I've laid down enough baiting/flaming of his joke push to motivate town!him to sit his ass down and put his thoughts on paper.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Bell »

Yay, work done early.

So I really only want Mathblade or Mastina gone today.

I'm against Cakez RN.
I'm slightly less against Titus elim. But I am still against.

NGL, I want Mathblade dead badly. He's trying to manipulate or alter the game state and I don't know why but the "you guys" post and 1642(or was it 1682?) hard pinged me for scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Titus »

any of
Sangres
Prism
your

This feels like scum trying to attack a townblock and knows mastina is town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1846, Bell wrote:I'm against Cakez RN.
Why?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Titus »

mastina's play is a bit weird as either alignment. Why would she take a dive for me when we largely have the same skillset and I am worse mentally atm? No scum is worth sacrificing themselves to save me. It's a negative EV as either alignment, so I lean town on that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”