Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Prism »

Okay, people on mastina wagon no longer need to worry.

Me/Bell are the two responsible for swapping if needed, if don't swap as required at deadline we're scumclaiming.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2092, Dunnstral wrote:Mod accounts have 63 posts total so we have more room than what we thought here

Sangres, will your hydra partner be here to give thoughts in the next 2 hours? I kind of liked Bork today.

Perhaps more pressing is the elimination for today, which we also need to figure out
If Sircakez is scum and Titus is town, that would be interesting though.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 2098, Bell wrote:Like you can see how FF and I are all nervous and unsure of ourselves rethinking a bunch, hesitating and leaning a little on each other. But you don't seem to have that unsurety. You see a thing and you give a take.
my last really substantive post was how i was wary about getting on the mastina wagon earlier despite scumreading her for the meta argument.

overall though, this isn't the point in the game where i'm willing to be afraid of my own shadow, and part i think of why i was so unsuccessful in tenet was the amount of internal dithering i did, and almost like clockwork, i "got weird" on multiple slots just because i hadn't given them scrutiny in a while, causing me to kind of churn to myself and eventually give up on a resolution, avoid moving anywhere, and as a result ended up an observer at a lot of pivotal moments.

That might be coming across as my being cavalier about how the flow of this game is going, but honestly my stress level is a lot lower for it
beefycheese
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by Tammy »

I am considering moving to Cakez. I just hate everything about Cakez/Pooky's interactions; there's just nothing natural about them. Though from what i think i know about Pooky he doesn't tend to bus day one so I guess they might not be partnered no matter how fake their interactions are. (Wouldn't bet the bank on the no bussing thing though.) And Pooky's push on cakez feels so much like his push on flavor leaf in tenet. There is something wrong with those interactions. Pooky's push there is one of the reasons I don't want to go there even though Cakez feels so fake himself.

I'm not even very convinced mastina's gonna flip scum some of her stuff felt pretty okay today.

I don't know.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I am here.

Would prefer to vote mastina over SirCakez but not confident either will flip scum at this point.

I will be available to hammer either way.
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

sangres we have all the power

Everyone is at our mercy

I think we have like four pages left still? Do we think it's likely Nacho will be able to contribute before we have to hammer? Deadline's a little over an hour I believe.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Mmk i submitted on quiet slot because that's a contentious area and could be useful
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 2103, Tammy wrote:I am considering moving to Cakez. I just hate everything about Cakez/Pooky's interactions; there's just nothing natural about them. Though from what i think i know about Pooky he doesn't tend to bus day one so I guess they might not be partnered no matter how fake their interactions are. (Wouldn't bet the bank on the no bussing thing though.) And Pooky's push on cakez feels so much like his push on flavor leaf in tenet. There is something wrong with those interactions. Pooky's push there is one of the reasons I don't want to go there even though Cakez feels so fake himself.

I'm not even very convinced mastina's gonna flip scum some of her stuff felt pretty okay today.

I don't know.
I agree there's something wrong with the interactions. and I agree regarding the similarities to the FL push. The claim gives me pause. And raises my eyebrow.

I'm really troubled that Math hasn't said much about the claim as it relates to flavor -- just jumped right to "why didn't you use it/why don't you use it right now?"

----------------------

@Spiffeh I doubt Nacho is going to make it. It's almost 9 pm his time, and he thought he'd be able to make an appearance during his afternoon. I think his work schedule must have changed.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2107, sangres wrote:
In post 2103, Tammy wrote:I am considering moving to Cakez. I just hate everything about Cakez/Pooky's interactions; there's just nothing natural about them. Though from what i think i know about Pooky he doesn't tend to bus day one so I guess they might not be partnered no matter how fake their interactions are. (Wouldn't bet the bank on the no bussing thing though.) And Pooky's push on cakez feels so much like his push on flavor leaf in tenet. There is something wrong with those interactions. Pooky's push there is one of the reasons I don't want to go there even though Cakez feels so fake himself.

I don't know.
I agree there's something wrong with the interactions. and I agree regarding the similarities to the FL push. The claim gives me pause. And raises my eyebrow.

I'm really troubled that Math hasn't said much about the claim as it relates to flavor -- just jumped right to "why didn't you use it/why don't you use it right now?"

----------------------

@Spiffeh I doubt Nacho is going to make it. It's almost 9 pm his time, and he thought he'd be able to make an appearance during his afternoon. I think his work schedule must have changed.
I did twice. Trying to avoid post count spam but will comment a third time.

Said I think it fits because Jinks detects lies as his power and Boolean on off of someone having an artifact fits for the not sensing deception thing. I just think Cakez is more likely scum based on play than Mastina is.

*goes back to lurk mode*
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Cakez, what do you think about sangres?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Can you guys (sangres, Tammy) elaborate on what makes the claim suspect beyond flavor reasons? I thought Cakez's play around the claim was pretty Town and I felt his sass about potentially getting limmed for flavor reasons was really genuine.

I don't think the role clashes with Tammy's claimed role either. If Cakez is scum here he really snowed me and I don't think he's ever done that before.

Also as of last page we have four pages left so we can afford to spend a few more posts before making a final decision:
In post 2091, Cabd wrote:Mod notes: 81/85 pages used
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Bell »

1 hour now.
I'm not sure what Nacho's schedule is but it shouldn't take much time or commentary to look at Cakez claim and Mastina's posts and make a snap decision.

@Bork, I see.
@Tammy: You're not wrong. I just have no idea if you're right.
@Sangres: Running hypothesis is that Mathblade just went to a scum PT on (fake)claims to think about/discuss it. But I'm honestly not sure if he would be that sloppy as scum given he pretty much disappeared in the same time frame and it seems sort of lame to say that when he could have just been doing something irl. I'm curious if Mathblade as scum would borderline insult/attack a player while scum. I did want to say this earlier, but I do look forward to learning more about people. So I hope that post-game conversation is productive. It should be.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2111, Bell wrote:1 hour now.
I'm not sure what Nacho's schedule is but it shouldn't take much time or commentary to look at Cakez claim and Mastina's posts and make a snap decision.

@Bork, I see.
@Sangres: Running hypothesis is that Mathblade just went to a scum PT on (fake)claims to think about/discuss it. But I'm honestly not sure if he would be that sloppy as scum given he pretty much disappeared in the same time frame and it seems sort of lame to say that when he could have just been doing something irl. I'm curious if Mathblade as scum would borderline insult/attack a player while scum. I did want to say this earlier, but I do look forward to learning more about people. So I hope that post-game conversation is productive. It should be.
Yes I completely timetravelled to before my third time commenting it to discuss with my buddies my answer so it would be my first one. Genius. I am literally trying to save post count here. That’s all.

This is what I mean Sangres. Can’t win for losing.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 2110, Spiffeh wrote:Can you guys (sangres, Tammy) elaborate on what makes the claim suspect beyond flavor reasons? I thought Cakez's play around the claim was pretty Town and I felt his sass about potentially getting limmed for flavor reasons was really genuine.

I don't think the role clashes with Tammy's claimed role either. If Cakez is scum here he really snowed me and I don't think he's ever done that before.

Also as of last page we have four pages left so we can afford to spend a few more posts before making a final decision:
In post 2091, Cabd wrote:Mod notes: 81/85 pages used
For me, nothing outside the flavor, and as I said, I'm leery of making purely flavor-based calls on claimed abilities because balance issues come into effect. A straight up lie detector type role might be too strong for the design, for instance.

Which is why I'd rather vote mastina. I agree her posts today are better than a lot of what she posted before, at least for me. Softening a little on Prism helped, but mastina I'm sure knew it would, at least for me. I didn't want reactions to Prism (and to LLD as well, to some extent) to be an axis for my reads to spin on, but that's where I'm at.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 2112, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2111, Bell wrote:1 hour now.

@Bork, I see.
Yes I completely timetravelled to before my third time commenting it to discuss with my buddies my answer so it would be my first one. Genius. I am literally trying to save post count here. That’s all.

This is what I mean Sangres. Can’t win for losing.
Your frustration and anger just seem fake to me. Rage and condescension is an easy emotion to fabricate as scum. Kuribo would have a better take on it though. Since this anger seems like a slow boil, while your anger in Boonskies was more volcanic.

@Spiffeh, my snap reaction was that it was sort of like a weakened version of a role-cop which I associate somewhat with the mafia alignment. Per the wiki. But it's not quite that either.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Bell »

(expired on 2021-03-01 23:59:59)
Timer.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Gonna vote for mastina in like five minutes.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2109, Prism wrote:Cakez, what do you think about sangres?
Probably town? Idk other people are way scummier and nothing has pinged me from them.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Afternoon Vote Count 1.20

Afternoon 1 will end in (expired on 2021-03-01 23:59:59)

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to Bronze.

Dunnstral (2): quiet, Spiffeh
SirCakez (7): mastina, Dunnstral, Kitty Trauma Team, Lady Lambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalbear, Titus, MathBlade
mastina (7): GreyICE, Prism, Battle Mage, Tammy, SirCakez, borkjerfkin, Bell
Mathblade (1): Sangres

Not voting (0):

Mod notes: 83/85 pages used (switching to post count here: 2078/2125 posts)

Battle Mage is V/LA until Monday evening
LLD is V/LA.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I wish titus and Dunn had not left the table
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by sangres »

I doubt we get much twilight.

vote: mastina

Last time I remember voting mastina she was town. A lot more town than she's been here, fwiw.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

VOTE: mastina

Good luck fam
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Final Afternoon Vote Count

Afternoon 1 will end in (expired on 2021-03-01 23:59:59)

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to Bronze.

Dunnstral (1): quiet
SirCakez (7): mastina, Dunnstral, Kitty Trauma Team, Lady Lambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalbear, Titus, MathBlade
mastina (9--BRONZED): GreyICE, Prism, Battle Mage, Tammy, SirCakez, borkjerfkin, Bell, Sangres, Spiffeh

Not voting (0):

Mod notes: 83/85 pages used (switching to post count here: 2080/2125 posts)

Battle Mage is V/LA until Monday evening
LLD is V/LA.

Flip incoming
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

The shadows stretch long, but the assembled people still sway back and forth, unable to decide who to commit to Bronzing. With only a sliver of the sun remaining above the horizon (and Trailer nosing them repeatedly) they finally agree. One consensus choice for Bronzing, in a first stab at eliminating the evil amongst them.

The hapless target squawks angrily as hands push her toward the Bronzing machine. While the target's identity is still hard to discern, the voice is somehow familiar. "I do declare, this is no way to treat a lady! I certainly had nothing to do with any Bronzing ambushes!"

"How do you know they were ambushed?"

"I...uh..." Dark blonde hair becomes clearer to the onlookers. "Don't Bronze me! I thought we were working together!"

The crowd is not dissuaded. The Bronzing machine looms closer. As she is almost fully shoved inside, she gives one last plea. "Are y'all serious about this?"

"As a heart attack!"

With a final push, she clears the threshold and the door slams shut. A push of a button, and Sally Stukowski is rendered in an outraged Bronze.

mastina, Sally Stukowski, aligned with Mafia,
Mafia Goon
, in possession of no Artifacts, has been Bronzed!

Night 1 will not start until I find a replacement for quiet. When Night 1 starts, it will last 48 hours and I will post the deadline here and send it by PM.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

DrippingGoofball replaces quiet!

Night One begins now and ends in (expired on 2021-03-05 19:44:32)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”