Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:11 am

Post by SirCakez »

If we are not murdering Pooky ASAP then I could also do Titus for sure. I'm less sold on Dunn then I was yesterday. Really need to see DGB posts.
Once again I probably have scum in a blindspot.
In post 2129, Prism wrote:Why the FUCK would you ever kill either of those slots, that better be a scum doublekill of some sort
on this note - I still don't understand why KTT/Sangres died. Obv one was scum NK but why TF did the other die?
I don't believe that LLD is lying and the comb is actually a Vig
In post 2258, Tammy wrote:Actually no my original idea is kinda sound I think. If LLD keeps the artifacts, then we know where they are, which makes mine and cakez' jobs easier?

So if cakez is town then the two of us have a chance to find people who really shouldn't have artifacts unless they started with them right?

Nevermind, it doesn't matter because we still know who the day's artifacts go to, so we can still work around it.
I was thinking about this overnight and my hope is if I catch someone fishy that we will be able to ferret out whether it's something they will have legit have started with or not. I mean anybody who I detect with an Artifact who then goes "oh ya I had that this whole time" is already incredibly suspicious in my eyes.
In post 2260, GreyICE wrote:With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to Bronze.

Dunnstral (1): quiet
SirCakez (7): mastina, Dunnstral, Kitty Trauma Team, Lady Lambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalbear, Titus, MathBlade <- HEY TOWN IS THERE A GOOD REASON NOT TO MURDERFUCK FROM HERE?
mastina (9--BRONZED): GreyICE, Prism, Battle Mage, Tammy, SirCakez, borkjerfkin, Bell, Sangres, Spiffeh
Looking at this I'm really not sure who was bussing. Bork, BM or Tammy maybe???
The wagon on me is just so full of questionable people that I don't even want to go busser-hunting today.
In post 2293, Titus wrote:VOTE: LLD

@Math, That wagon analysis (it's not a full vca) was relatively spot on. mastina is confscum.
Dunn being scum requires mastina and Dunn double up on the Cakez wagon. I don't see why scum would do that given the options. Maybe if Cakez is town but it's just unlikely behavior from scum.
KTT is conftown because they are dead.
LLD is conftown to most. I don't fully trust them but they are highly likely town.
I know I am town.
You I lean towards being an anti town townie.

That leaves Pooky.

Can you vote LLD so we can get to the afternoon?
This post is awful and it suggests that Titus and Pooky want to anti-spew here because scum think one of them is going down today.
In post 2387, Dunnstral wrote:And you know what, yeah, I think spiffeh can easily be scum despite placing the hammer vote at the end of yesterday

All of BM/Spiffeh/Titus deserve scrutiny here
hmm I like this pile and post (altho I lean more Spiff town) but BM definitely looks worse here. I'm looking at his waffling yesterday where he couldn't decide where to leave his vote - it seemed like he wanted to make sure he was on the "right" wagon depending on what went through (either bussing mastina if she went down or using his vote to help push a miselim on me through)
In post 2401, DrippingGoofball wrote:MathBlade, you want to yeet Pooky?
In post 2403, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 2402, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2401, DrippingGoofball wrote:MathBlade, you want to yeet Pooky?
No. I am saying if Titus continues to push Pooky I will yeet her and likely be successful.

I will NEVER want to yeek Pooky.
Who do you want to yeet. I will vote there too.
What is going on here DGB?
In post 2435, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I don't feel as strongly about Cake being scum, he just might be a terrible player.
appeasement is coming now
FEAR ME SCUMBEAR
In post 2437, Tammy wrote:So but really I wanna know why the fuck cakez did inventory on quiet when he’s been all up in pooky’s ass?
my thinking was like a cop or vig. you don't cop/vig the highly-suspected slots, you look into people who are on the sidelines who no one can read. i have someone like that in mind for today unless someone has a good reason to use it on someone else.
In post 2494, Bell wrote:@Sircakez, what was your result on Quiet?
no artifact

I don't really want to respond to any more Math posts because he doesn't listen and it's very aggravating and a waste of both time and our limited posts. If he doesn't STFU I might policy-vote him. honestly after reading the last two pages I might just vote him anyways JFC.

Also taking suggestions on who to artifact detect. I already have someone in mind but ya shoot me your ideas if you have any.

I'm not sure scum!Spiffeh hammers mastina there? Especially when I was still on the table and could easily have been the miselim instead.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:14 am

Post by SirCakez »

new for today

want to yeet: Titus, Pooky
would yeet:
considering yeeting but would not yeet atm: Spiffeh, BM, Quiet/DGB, Bork (there is scum in here but also scummy town so its hard to decide :/)
idk: GreyIce, Dunn
special pile: Mathblade
don't want to yeet: Tammy, Bell
never yeet: Prism, LLD
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:15 am

Post by SirCakez »

I did say Quiet is town yesterday but I REALLLY dislike how DGB's only move here was to start sheeping Math (this is not connected to my math read they could have been sheeping anyone)
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:39 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

i really don't feel the "math is so impossible to play with that we've just got to policy him" and it's making me think Titus (or Prism, but I townread prism independently of this and I can kinda see Prism doing this) is scum again

I feel a little better about Battle Mage in the wake of his recent posts and the progression on pooky -> math feels pretty organic to me
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:42 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

I'm not wowed by DGB's entrance but I think there is once scum at most in Dunn/DGB considering Dunn's just constant reminder that although the slot has basically been inert that it really should just be "dying today, guys, like we agreed to"
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:53 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 2456, Tammy wrote:What I don’t like about Bork was the deflection shade he threw in ffery at end of day yesterday, he accused ffery of not town reading him because he called her out at end if day. I made a post about it yesterday and then deleted it because I also had some concern of ffery fake paranoia-ing me
I mean, you just kind of acknowledged the exact issue I had (although I had it in the context of a mastina townflip which didn't happen) and the timing happened to occur like RIGHT as I mentioned a (potential for) me reexamining that wagon jump later.

Even so, after the scumflip I felt bad about it, and trust me, I am finding their death extremely inconvenient right now for reasons we can get into later
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:54 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 2500, SirCakez wrote:appeasement is coming now
FEAR ME SCUMBEAR
there is a huge elephant in the room about pooky right now that you are utterly ignoring. Why?
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:00 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 2467, Battle Mage wrote:this is bussing if i ever saw it. also didn't GreyIce agree to kill math last night?

VOTE: mathblade
actually i take it all back i don't like this post and it's probably because i think math is just town
beefycheese
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:17 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2506, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 2500, SirCakez wrote:appeasement is coming now
FEAR ME SCUMBEAR
there is a huge elephant in the room about pooky right now that you are utterly ignoring. Why?
???????????
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by Bell »

Mathblade please and thank you.

Thanks for the effort, Pooky and Sirckaez I read both of your cases against each other and considered them.
Now please respond to mine.

It's unclear to me if Mathblade is just sick of losing and has a lot of pride in being scum so he's feeling motivated to flail for eternity or if we just got it wrong. But from my perspective no matter how much post-flip effort he puts in, he can't erase his positioning on Mastina, Me and Prism nor his proclivity to defend his partners without* defending his partners.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 2495, Titus wrote:
In post 2494, Bell wrote:Good morning.

@Sircakez, what was your result on Quiet?

@Titus, I'd ask what about my voting patterns EOD seemed like scum. But let's be real, I'm going to be dissatisfied no matter what your answer is.
I was spitballing based on looking at wagon spots on the mastina wagon. It's not a detailed VCA. I'm not satisfied with it either, hence why I reached out.
Without being too snippy. I could translate this as:
I'm literally counting the number of votes in order from left to right and think Snoopy's number is the sign of the devil.
And reached out ~ Interest check.

But meh you aren't my priority yet. I'm not sure whose positioning themselves around me to not get on my bad side because they need my vote/attention to survive and who actually thinks that I'm obvious town.

minus Prism who I'm pretty sure is town and it makes sense(i think?) for them to TR me given we sort of worked together at the end of the day to keep Mastina viable. Prism more so than me, but meh.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 2490, Titus wrote:
In post 2486, Prism wrote:
In post 2484, Titus wrote:@Prism, Can you talk to me about Bell or Bork scum?
What's the case for it?

Bell is hardtown and the fact you're pushing there is a giant redflag.

Bork is less town but hasn't done anything terrible, slight defense of mastina was fine imo.

It's my eyeball guess by looking at the EoD wagons. I tend to trust that more than my reads. I agree on Bell being a stronger townread based on play.

My goal for today is to understand why mastina flipped over SirCakez and to find the scum voting for mastina to finish my theory.
The issue with this is that of all the votes on mastina, Bell's was by far the best imo. The early vote from Grey/Bell, when mastina wasn't really in danger, don't tell us much.

Bell's revote in 1719 comes as I'm starting to review the Math/Titus/mastina slots and start going directly on the offensive against her, but have not actually voted. He's tracking along, I'm posting about mastina being my vote choice but haven't actually voted. sangres has just come aboard but w/ 2 votes and ~maybe a third coming~ isn't a big deal. Bell demonstrating he was seriously willing to go there, stopping his MathBlade push, and putting her at 4 votes as a counterwagon to you is a big +town move. This puts her into serious threat for the first time. 1846 basically shuts the door on opportunistic switching. 1851 is telling you to get on mastina, 1855 is again trying to shut down counterwagons before they even get started. 1883 echoes my desire to force mastina through. Tracking through the ISO they just keep coming, not even going to keep linking but 1901, 1937, 1942, etc.

The only reason he ever swaps off mastina late in the day is because he sees LLD is having struggles LLD and wants to make it easier for her, 2054 & 2055.

At this point Bell can just AFK for the rest of the day as scum and face zero repurcussions, because multiple people-including myself-thought we weren't going to be able to swing a mastina vote. Instead Bell sees me trying to get sangres/Bell back on to put her at E-1, and he revotes in reply and once again mastina is back in serious danger after seeming in the clear for a bit.

This slot is blatantly town to me and I would strongly recommend sitting through the end of day and really tracking through the actual votes if they're giving you a vaguely bad feeling. You will have to do a lot of work to successfully get this slot flipped.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Prism »

So sorry this took awhile I actually had to go look up exactly what your claim was and was too lazy lmao

This post addresses your questions but the most important stuff imo comes in regards to my Bork TR at the bottom.
In post 2456, Tammy wrote:1, Yeah but why those nightkill? (My cat is looking at me with really closed eyes and it looks like those horror shows with peoples mouths erased and is fucking creepy,). Why the nightkill interested me more than normal, because when not sangres or kitty? is we’ve got a claimed mason, Two claimed investigatives, and neither of those could ever pass for masons, sooooo why pass over the claims for that?
I think sangres was a rather strong night kill choice given that they're potentially a PR+blatantly town. I think LLD would have been a bad shot precisely because of protectives, while I'm a claimed VT. I think you not getting shot is a big question, but one I can't really answer. I don't think Cakez was ever getting shot over a stronger slot.
In post 2456, Tammy wrote:2, My question about my roleblock wasn’t relevant to lld. I literally only used my role last night to see if I would have been roleblocked, I was kind of at a loss on who to use it, and on,y did at the last moment for that purpose,
I mean I don't have a ton of large theme experience but scum just...might not have an RB? Why are you assuming they have one? Looking at your role, I think you're overrating just how strong it is early game. You get stronger as the day goes; right now virtually everyone, scum included, is going to return zero and returning one still doesn't damn a scum slot.

IDK I don't really have meaningful feedback here, these are suggestions to why you might not have been roleblocked, but at the end of the day it really depends on the scum power/artifact distribution, and I can't answer that. I think this is worth circling back to later in the game with more mechanical info, though, you're right.
In post 2456, Tammy wrote:3. So the cakez thing dawned on me over night because he made such a fuss over it yesterday and I know it was a day role, Riggt before he claimed he was yeling about how he was going to end Pooky, but after he claimed was like who should I use my role in, guess I’ll just pick someone I suspect after shooting down someone else’s suggestion. Is that natural?
I do think it's a bit sketchy, yes. I don't think Cakez's response was great either:
In post 2500, SirCakez wrote:my thinking was like a cop or vig. you don't cop/vig the highly-suspected slots, you look into people who are on the sidelines who no one can read. i have someone like that in mind for today unless someone has a good reason to use it on someone else.
The issue with this is that Pooky wasn't highly suspected. He's been Cakez pet scumread he's really struggled to sell to others.
In post 2456, Tammy wrote:What I don’t like about Bork was the deflection shade he threw in ffery at end of day yesterday, he accused ffery of not town reading him because he called her out at end if day. I made a post about it yesterday and then deleted it because I also had some concern of ffery fake paranoia-ing me (it’s kinda her scum signature) but then with her dying and then him kinda deflecting onto me I’m womdering if that’s just not his svum thing too, I do know that Bork is a bit extra paranoid so this could be a blind paranoia of my own but I’m at why would scum kill town who clearly wasn’t a mason or one of the claimed roles? And the thing making me chew the inside of my cheek is hey Bork how ya doin?
I found the shade very natural and townread it. bork has previously expressed skepticism that some number of players flipping the wagon around were scum. 2085 was not understanding sangres's progression on him in general, and my impression is that he places a high degree of faith in their ability to read him. So not townreading him, in conjunction with the sketchy mastina wagon, is definitely worth investigating. It's unclear what bork's intent here is as scum given that a sangres push is going nowhere, FAST, especially after either of the wagons go through. The only intent of this post would be to get sangres to TR them, but I don't really see that at all.

I don't think his positioning around mastina was great but the post on sangres was a big +town flag to me. I also think his recent posting was strong, my first instinct on reading 2503 was "This is a blatantly real read and I should never vote this slot" before deciding I probably shouldn't go that far, but 2507 is yet another strong and natural progression.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Prism »

Also, something I was hoping someone with more flavor knowledge would bring up.

A lot of my N0 flavor claim came in the hopes that the scumteam was the Sykes crew based off the sample PMs. I had never seen the show until irl yesterday (Sidenote: Does the writing get better? Really struggling to make it through these first few eps despite the fun concept+not taking it ~too~ seriously. ffery I missed the purple goo joke b/c no flavor knowledge, that was a good one.)

mastina's flip seems to validate this, and suggests flavor is in fact not NAI. I am in a...privileged position to know that being a main antagonist != scum, but
some of them
are the scumteam, and the Sykes gang seems very plausible.

Cakez is claiming Jinks. I had trouble tracking down 4 but looking at the Wikia, Jinks is apparently the "last" member of the Sykes crew to be revealed?

Keep in mind that one thing I think people struggled to understand yesterday was that flavor
could
be AI, and
some
players could be flavor confirmable, without the game being
broken by flavor
. One/two slots clearing this way isn't the biggest issue.

Math-I've really appreciated you taking a step back. It shouldn't have to be a tradeoff, ideally I can do this regardless of whether or not you're walling but it's definitely helping me focus. That said, the Jinks claim vs. Sykes gang scumteam theory is something I'd really like you to chip in on (In 1/2 posts pls!)
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Bell »

If you iso Prism this game. The title of the work "The agony and ecstasy of being in the zone." written by town Prism. Pops up before their first posts do.
That's it. That's my town case for town Prism. If you keep that in mind it fits. So the scum team is just going to have to night kill them I guess or they can live with that town albatross around their neck all game.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2513, Prism wrote:Also, something I was hoping someone with more flavor knowledge would bring up.

A lot of my N0 flavor claim came in the hopes that the scumteam was the Sykes crew based off the sample PMs. I had never seen the show until irl yesterday (Sidenote: Does the writing get better? Really struggling to make it through these first few eps despite the fun concept+not taking it ~too~ seriously. ffery I missed the purple goo joke b/c no flavor knowledge, that was a good one.)

mastina's flip seems to validate this, and suggests flavor is in fact not NAI. I am in a...privileged position to know that being a main antagonist != scum, but
some of them
are the scumteam, and the Sykes gang seems very plausible.

Cakez is claiming Jinks. I had trouble tracking down 4 but looking at the Wikia, Jinks is apparently the "last" member of the Sykes crew to be revealed?

Keep in mind that one thing I think people struggled to understand yesterday was that flavor
could
be AI, and
some
players could be flavor confirmable, without the game being
broken by flavor
. One/two slots clearing this way isn't the biggest issue.

Math-I've really appreciated you taking a step back. It shouldn't have to be a tradeoff, ideally I can do this regardless of whether or not you're walling but it's definitely helping me focus. That said, the Jinks claim vs. Sykes gang scumteam theory is something I'd really like you to chip in on (In 1/2 posts pls!)
Jinks by flavor is 100% a good guy.

He goes undercover in the Sykes organization.

The main issue I have with Cakez is his play, as I said before a few times his flavor fits a good guy and based on him checking for absolute lies matches the yes/no binary of the artifact of his claimed power.

The main issues I have are the play and PoE makes him more likely scum.

The claim fits too neatly is my issue.

In regards to the Sykes scum team theory I sorta think that with how many villains were on the show it’s possible but I wouldn’t bet on that.

/me lurks
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Oh and I forgot the writing gets incredible.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2511, Prism wrote:This slot is blatantly town to me and I would strongly recommend sitting through the end of day and really tracking through the actual votes if they're giving you a vaguely bad feeling. You will have to do a lot of work to successfully get this slot flipped.
This is something I need to do when I have the mental clarity and focus. I just eyeballed it.

If we suppose that Pooky and DGB are scum, like my theory suggests, one scum should be on mastina. I would suspect that's later on the wagon. I could be wrong there, particularly given this setup.

If Pooky is town and Cakez is scum, then the mastina wagon should have more scum on it. I really doubt Cakez is scum though.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Prism »

Thanks MathBlade, that's good to know re: Jinks, really appreciate it! If it helps your pool I'm ~mostly~ in agreement with, which is why I'm tracking through Cakez/Titus atm (I disagree hard on DBG/quiet slot but need more content, on deck for me would be B_M and Dunn after that)
Titus wrote:This is something I need to do when I have the mental clarity and focus. I just eyeballed it.

If we suppose that Pooky and DGB are scum, like my theory suggests, one scum should be on mastina. I would suspect that's later on the wagon. I could be wrong there, particularly given this setup.

If Pooky is town and Cakez is scum, then the mastina wagon should have more scum on it. I really doubt Cakez is scum though.
So I'm glad you want to tackle this with more mental clarity and focus; I can definitely relate.

That said Bell should 100% be starting point #1 and I was more than happy to give you a road map, and I want to see you actually utilize that road map in some way whether that is tonight or another day, because right now you're definitely on the table for me.

UNVOTE:

Gesture of good faith+instinct is still town from last few pages, but either way I can revisit the read depending on how I feel about Titus/Cakez after tonight.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by Prism »

Finished reviewing the Titus slot. I'm not really down to vote here right now, even though she's still on the table for me. Titus I also answer a question for you somewhere in here.

Spoiler: Wall
The Bell read makes a lot of sense if we go back in time; 604 keys in on what was easily Bell's worst post of the game and threw similar red flags for me. A lot of Titus's reactions/progressions are legitimate. I think the single best example of this is retracting the me/Cakez claim using VCA:
In post 1301, Titus wrote:
In post 1299, penguin_alien wrote: Titus (4): sangres, Prism, SirCakez, MathBlade
Oh wow. Just saw this. I doubt Prism and Cakez are scum together based off this VC. Probably Sangres, Cakez, (Tammy/bork), (Grey/quiet).
Titus had some serious perception issues Day 1 imo, depression as discussed earlier likely factored into this but she really shut down Math even when Math
was
being useful. Simultaneously, there were some posts that to me were legitimate reachouts and not at all setting Math up to fail.
In post 524, Titus wrote:What is Math doing that helps him survive? I am moderately TRing him and even I am considering a policy elimination.
Even at her most frustrated, this is one such example, not that it is clearing.

Looking at my old post it looks like I basically keyed in on the same things way back when, shocker, progression on Bell+the sequence of trying to talk about Math without Bell that the above quote kind of happens in the middle of. I didn't like 1267 as much this time around in that sangres hating Math's posting rate doesn't mean they were getting ready to swap, though iirc they eventually did for a bit. There are a bunch of other perceptive issues (eg. me/sangres/Tammy/Bell/Spiffeh and to a lesser extent bork all had 3-5 townreads on others in that grouping. sangres and I were very much dialoguing and working with each other all day so ???)

The biggest thing to me is the positioning wrt mastina. It's worthwhile to answer a question of Titus's before I revisit this.
In post 2463, Titus wrote:
In post 2454, Prism wrote:You also claim to have understood the fundamentals of the mafia alignment,
What are these?
This is talking about mastina defending you being a very basic fundamental play if you're town that didn't really need a galaxy brain plan, it's one of the fundamental building blocks of mafia to give reads like that that look good on you flipping town/make you feel better about the slot regardless. It's the convincing legitimacy of the read and what you do with those reads over time that matter rather than just "Why defend a town slot? Mastina must be town" when the motivations are extremely, EXTREMELY openended. mastina's claim to be willing to take votes off of you to save you was an improvisation to Grey's suggestion, not a concerted effort to get herself voted.
In post 1548, mastina wrote:
In post 1533, Bell wrote:VOTE: Mastina
In post 1535, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Mastina
Like I said would do either.
I mean at this point I am explicitly fine with these votes even/especially if GI joins them there because they're votes that were on Titus that no longer are. :P

I'll happily take a wagon on me if it means Titus isn't a wagon.

The more and more I see from Titus, the more and more I'm
that
sure she's town here.
This is the improvisation I'm talking about. This is a huge white knight of a town slot from mastina imo, rather than a scum partner defense.

Truthfully, I'm unsure of Titus's progression on me. 1270 explicitly sheeps mastina's flavor case on me. There's a bit of engagement with the Cakez/Prism votes, and what Titus thinks are bad townreads but that's about it for commentary and engagement on my slot. Pushing me is definitely going nowhere fast, so Titus-scum is really only doing this to WIFOM if she flips. As far as I can tell, she hasn't really revisited my slot upon the flip. The highlight of this progression is definitely the Cakez/Prism not teamed VCA posts.

tl;dr: Titus seriously needs to revisit her reads and reevaluate a lot, can be scum but has some solid progressions+the mastina whiteknight and improv reaction to GI/Bell make me think town.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Afternoon Vote Count 2.02

Afternoon 2 will end in (expired on 2021-03-14 12:31:37)

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to Bronze

PookyTheMagicalBear (1): SirCakez
MathBlade (4): Bell, GreyICE, Titus, Battle Mage
Titus (2): MathBlade, DrippingGoofball

Not voting (7): Tammy, borkjerfkin, Lady Lambdadelta, Spiffeh, PookyTheMagicalBear, Dunnstral, Prism

Mod notes: Spiffeh is V/LA until 3/8
15/70 pages used
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Prism »

There's no point in Math making space for others if the game just turns into me talking to myself instead. I'm pretty happy with my reading tonight, I think I've given a pretty overwhelming amount of content to sift through in the last 5/6 posts so it's best to slow down.

So I'll leave off with a few questions I have that I encountered over the course of reading Titus/Bell/mastina back. My plan is to reread Cakez/B_M tomorrow and update my reads list to get a good overview of where I'm at, and then maybe someone else can give theirs etc. and we can all kind of compare.

First, I really invite more from DGB period, but I'd also like some more substantial thoughts/engagements from Titus

Second, I have waited all game to see how GreyICE has chosen to engage with my slot, and am skeptical of the approach he's taken and broadly want to see a lot more reads and activity.

Spoiler: Longer wall on Grey, which I would like him to weigh in on
Commentary on my slot hasn't really happened other than him randomly calling out Bell and chainsawing for me with regards to mastina. I have a few issues with how that went down. It was great to see him go to bat against mastina and to force through a vote on her, the problem is that he disappeared entirely after 1557, which leaves more of this to guesswork than I would like. Great flip and most of this progression is believable to me, particularly around questioning things like the teams, but two things really caught my eye.
In post 1534, GreyICE wrote:Dear god. It's so bad it'd actually make Prism look worse if you flipped scum because it'd look like scum distancing. That is LITERALLY how bad this is.
This got no followup.
In post 988, GreyICE wrote:Actually, is Mastina town this game?

Because of that prism wall post, three points of it was flavor gaming the mod, and one point of it was "he scum because he scum lawl". Which leaves us with:
In post 932, mastina wrote:Yaknow I really wanted people to ask me about Prism so I could do this sooner but I actually don't feel like waiting as a reactive thing so I'mma be proactive and put this out.

I actually have a fairly compelling case for why I think Prism is scum here.
In post 296, Prism wrote:First I want to preface this by saying I'm intentionally playing more abrasively. As mentioned before, diversity is nice and I'm tired of playing friends after Iceland.
1: Nine times out of ten, a player saying this is going to be scum. Deliberately altering your playstyle in a game with multiple players intimately familiar with your playstyle and justifying it in advance is a common scum ploy. (Heck I can even back this up with a rather notorious example if you'd like, but suffice to say, this is a real tell.)
And equally I could say that posting "no content now, I'll catch up soon promise!" Is a scumtell, because, well, it is.[/quote]The start of the engagement actually bothers me significantly. mastina's point against me was very valid, even if the conclusion was wrong. As mentioned, I also wanted to see mastina engage more with my play (especially the whole "when you take Prism's play as a WHOLE..." nonsense). But this nonsense comes later, I really just want her to engage with me to see the town side of my play. The truth is mastina never needed more; it was a good point and the flavor argument wasn't terrible. It was when she reached for more that this became transparently trash. My concern is that Grey is assuming mastina is wrong from the getgo.

Normally I'd be less concerned with this just because yeah,
mastina did need to engage with my play even if the single scumtell was sufficient
. But Grey watched me singlehandedly steamroll two games as scum to the point where he called one of the games "1v8". They weren't particularly memorable games and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't remember me at all. If he just doesn't even want to bother trying to read me either, that makes sense. But going out of his way twice to randomly defend me, first by piling onto Bell, second with the mastina engagement, makes me skeptical.

I can absolutely see this slot being town, but the positioning around me and the disappearance at the EoD make me want more.

Third, Spiffeh, personally, when you get back from V/LA I'd another overview of what you think is wrong with Dunnstral.
I need to review this slot in the meantime, but I thought Dunnstral pushing for me to get the artifact over LLD was +town, not just because I'm me but because pissing off LLD to get another town player, the artifact is just "out of the frying pan and into the fire".

Fourth, Tammy, I think you raised good mechanical questions that, with the exception of the Cakez investigation, we aren't really equipped to answer right now.
The result is that god I love your content and want more of the reads side.

Those are the specific comments/questions I have for people along with the more explicit callout on DGB/Titus, but
the other players matter so much more and I really just want to use those as springboards to more braoder/more inventive solving
rather than the Prism/Math spam and narrowed Pooky/Cakez slapfight that we've had. LLD chipping in would be really fucking great here, too.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:30 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2210, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2203, Spiffeh wrote:Pooky also looks ATROCIOUS with mastina flipping scum
are you on crack or something
For me, it was the fact that you started gunning hardcore for the counter wagon to flipped scum at the VERY END of the Day when it was up in the air between SirCakez and mastina. A la Flavor Leaf in Tenet, where you were scum.

I'll check back to confirm that this characterization of events is correct, but even before we had the mastina scum flip I thought it looked gross.
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:39 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2228, Bell wrote:Titus and Dunn Tmi'd by Mastina. Mastina had the right solution in front of her because Titus was town.
She weak defended you on purpose and tried to cover it up as the dunnstrall wagon being weak.
I like this, can you point out the posts in mastina's ISO that make you feel this way?

I get the Dunn one but from my recollection her defense of Titus was odd because at one point the vote was between them so mastina defending town!Titus there was the opposite of survivalistic and I remember thinking to myself it could've have been a scum/scum ploy to distance when the other flipped scum?

I could be overthinking it...
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:09 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2321, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 2204, Spiffeh wrote:I think sangres not leaving Day 1 with a townread on bork is alarming something we need to significantly explore today.
the way you are phrasing this seems weirdly sensationalist to me. lots of people get weird on people for lots of reasons, esp early game. pretty sure ffery said something similar about tammy as well but you don't seem the least bit concerned about that.
I think it's pretty clear why I'm singling you at, as I had (and still have) a strong townread on Tammy, but I was really souring on you towards the end of the Day. Sangres' opinion on you mirrors mine which is why I want to put focus on that today.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”