Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3800 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Cabd »

Afternoon Vote Count 3.05

Afternoon 2 will end in (expired on 2021-03-24 18:37:50)

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to Bronze

Titus (1): SirCakez
borkjerfkin (1): Spiffeh
SirCakez (4): PookyTheMagicalBear, MathBlade, Battle Mage, Bell
notscience (2): borkjerfkin, Dunnstral
Dunnstral (1): Prism

Not voting (3): Tammy, Titus, notscience

Mod notes:
25/60 pages used

This will be a pagetop when I remove my earlier one, rules are for other backup mods!
Last edited by penguin_alien on Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3801 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

is there any greater villainy than a mod abusing his privs to steal page tops from the poor souls below?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3802 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Bell »

VOTE: Sirvcakez
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3803 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Bell »

I'm sheeping you once Pooky try to make it memorable by being right. LMK if you change your mind.
I don't disagree strongly with the takes of other players in regards to cakez. Mostly, I'm just confused at all the bussing.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3804 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:39 pm

if im wrong ill sheep you for the rest of the game ok?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3805 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Bell »

We could just try really hard to discuss it and hope we do a better job, lol.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3806 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by notscience »

So just to be clear Bork you’re voting me because I’d be doing more if I’d read the game to catch up?

Because I really haven’t read that much. I read page one and posts since my replace in.

But anyways, excuses. I’m going to try to read at least day one tomorrow (something something proven track record of not being super available sundays something)

I kinda like Dunn’s read shift on me even if I don’t agree with borks reasoning for the read.
In post 3789, MathBlade wrote:a not science wagon is literally push a lurker to avoid the PoE again.
I’ve been here for 24 hours and asleep or working for 22 of them

:(
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3807 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Prism »

bork, sorry but I actually need to know if you targeted anyone with the same thing (power, artifact, whatever) you did sangres N1.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3808 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 3807, Prism wrote:bork, sorry but I actually need to know if you targeted anyone with the same thing (power, artifact, whatever) you did sangres N1.
artifact; i used the Farnsworth (sends messages); i started w/ this and crumbed it in my first post.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #3809 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

(so no, it was gone after N1)
beefycheese
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3810 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3806, notscience wrote:So just to be clear Bork you’re voting me because I’d be doing more if I’d read the game to catch up?

Because I really haven’t read that much. I read page one and posts since my replace in.

But anyways, excuses. I’m going to try to read at least day one tomorrow (something something proven track record of not being super available sundays something)

I kinda like Dunn’s read shift on me even if I don’t agree with borks reasoning for the read.
In post 3789, MathBlade wrote:a not science wagon is literally push a lurker to avoid the PoE again.
I’ve been here for 24 hours and asleep or working for 22 of them

:(
I am literally saying that your wagon is bad and you’re :( ?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3811 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by Prism »

Spiffeh, how do you currently feel about bork?

I can point to 1 concrete issue Day 1 around the mastina wagon, while I mostly like it for tonal reasons. Fundamentally I like this slot atm, I liked the reaction to sangres/Tammy, and that claim in my mind him solidifies him being almost certainly town.

Recent posting imo has been stellar even if fakeable. Might collate stuff when I'm finished with D2/D3 but for now I'm just scrolling through and still liking him mostly for tone. There's a world where bork is scum trying to save mastina before deciding not to but it's tough to see that world without a Titus flip on the table and I don't think that'd be damning even if she were town.

Also still curious as to why you weren't hardshoving Dunnstral now that bork has gotten more attention/has reacted well (imo) given the strength of your read Day 1. This is literally the only issue I have with your slot atm.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3812 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Prism »

I know your vote is still there, but you've been pushing for more from bork today, and, well, he's delivering. He can 100% rise to the challenge as scum, but do you think that's what's happening atm?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3813 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Prism »

Okay, I finished with bork.

This is going to be really frustrating, but I don't think bork is scum and fundamentally trust the slot, and yeah it's for mostly tonal reasons. He's got progressions that make sense (Mainly on Titus, see reads wall getting followed up by 2731 and the recent doubting of her, his Cakez vote actually makes a lot of sense as you can see the cogs turning on him not thinking Titus defends Cakez as scum) but this isn't where the bulk of my read comes from.

Things I'm still not thrilled with on this slot: That post about the mastina votes weirding him out w/o pushing me/sangres further. Not revisiting Cakez without prompting. Completely phoning it in on reading me for the most part.

But there have been multiple times where bork has been the opposite of opportunistic, I'm going to spoiler some examples of some posts that pinged me as very town. He's not a brick, he can fake stuff as scum, but if I have to take a guess he's not.
Spoiler: Wall of quotes
In post 863, borkjerfkin wrote:I think I was out to lunch on Spiffeh in

is really town
Posts like this one seem very agendaless.
In post 2825, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 2821, Prism wrote:You are 100% not above playing hurt to engineer townreads, and the attitude around bork right now is vaguely familiar.
need to go to bed and i'm not getting really anywhere trying to gleam anything about quiet's substantive posts atm but the posts you linked here very much lack bite to them whereas what she just posted to me earlier tonight had it to the point where it gave me mood whiplash and i had to do a double take to make sure i didn't come across with more vitriol than i intended to before i realized i'd just not provided object context to a part of my post

i just don't think she does this as scum and in fact if she were she should secretly relish that what i'm posting doesn't make sense when interpreted about her and isn't really a reason for her to lose her cool
whereas if i'm just misrepping her to the point where she can't feel she can talk to me it does make sense for her to react how she did
and she didn't use this opportunity to vote me or anything she just boxed me out because she was frustrated with my attitude. this is like the perfect point in the game to vote me, too, wagonwise.
This was a giant +town flag to me, extremely natural, also followed up with my meta suggestion later to shut it down.

Piling onto DGB was completely unneeded, and this is angleshooty but very organic.
In post 2788, borkjerfkin wrote:Actually I'm changing my mind again on Titus

I feel like DGB entered the game w/ the desire of voting Titus

And did it by way of going

"I think Mathblade is town" (not substantiated, which isn't bad in and of itself, but for a sheep vote it'd be interesting why someone goes there and not to like LLD who is town for a lot more of an objective reason to leash a vote to)
"Math, do you want to vote <person Math obviously doesn't want to vote>"
"No? I want Titus <where my vote is>"
"Oh of course, Titus, I see now"

VOTE: DGB

I think Titus is necessarily town with this scumflip too
In post 2797, borkjerfkin wrote:How I thought of it was that I thought it was odd that DGB went right to Mathblade as a rock entering the game and wondered why that might be
In post 2807, borkjerfkin wrote:UNVOTE:
I think Titus is town. A horrendous VCA she strongly believes in is probably a town tell for her.
I'm just not sure dgb makes this post as scum knowing that's where her vote is or instead maybe unvoting or i don't fucking know but this isn't it

help
In post 3141, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 3125, Prism wrote:how you feelin' bout layin' down something an MC from your youth sang about
I feel like Spiffeh has been vocally talking about wanting to vote DGB today but has patently avoided doing it, even in the face of one of the hardest scumreads I've seen this game (and certainly harder than he should be ostensibly scumreading me at this particular juncture based on what he's posted)
Like in the same post of "Hey I think this is a scumclaim from DGB (which is not contrary to anything he's previously stated; doesn't vote there)
but lemme tell you about bork here hint hint
"

When I think the town thing to here is to leave me until tomorrow if he really thinks we're both scum

this heavily imples DGB scum
This most recent post threw me when reading Spiffeh ISO, but here in context the progression makes a lot more sense.
These are some samples but I wanted to give you an idea of why I feel he's not really worried about his positioning this game, and what exactly makes him feel natural to me. There's more from Day 1 that gave me townpings but I was really hoping originally for something more concrete, but this is really hard given the Day 1 play around mastina is null at best and scumlean at worst imo.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3814 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Prism »

I think if I had to pinpoint a reason for bork to be scum, it'd be that he's not coming down harder on me for not defending him given that I townread him. There's this idea of don't bite the hand that feeds and don't let the frustration show if that's what scumBork is hoping would happen.

The treatment of my slot does have me conflicted. The comment about "Prism could probably circles around me if they wanted" says he read Iceland and knows that I can be a UTR basically whenever I decide I want to be. Simultaneously, he's got good reason to believe me between the Trident/flavor and the mastina flip. He's not trying to take advantage of the Iceland meta to discredit me at all, and would really be putting all the eggs in that protection basket that reaped basically no payout for weeks on end.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3815 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:46 pm

i've played with bork twice now.

once in tenet and once in 2181

this is much closer to the 2181 version of bork,

he feels like a wallflower; incredibly passive, just gliding with the flow - letting the game state push his vote around as if he does not really care much about the flip.

in Tenet Bork was very opinionated and made strong sharp pushes that were good and had purpose and force of belief behind them. I just don't see that here.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3816 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:36 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3652, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3651, SirCakez wrote:Math why are you obsessed with wagonomics
Because of probability/odds.

When I stray from that and use gut my reads go bad.

At least one scum in you/Titus/Dunn is well worth the focus then see who doesn’t want to elim there.

There’s no guarantee someone bussed Mastina and if there are bussers no more than 2 is likely. So best 2/8 odds (1/4) so best to look off wagon. In other words if I grant scenarios most favorable to your look off wagon argument we’d have an equal shot and I don’t see two+ bussers on Mastina.

So at this point it’s between you and Titus and Dunn.
I personally hate using math (no pun intended) to "solve" mafia but whatever you do you
In post 3653, Bell wrote:I don't care what other people think. If I think you're town for your self-meta, I'll defend you.
ok I can write some up later this week
i'm buried in shit today so not happening anytime soon
In post 3655, Prism wrote:Like, here's a fun exercise for the table. Answering publicly is absolutely encouraged.

Who is a player you have changed your mind on, or at least had your view of challenged in a way that made you
actually doubt the read
\, in the last calendar week, and why?
Pooky probably. From people's responses to my case.
In post 3661, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:dude

imagine you are holding a town power role.

imagine you are 1 vote away from being elimmed

on

day

one.

Would you really be so weak and feeble?

Like cmon
Here's some self meta I can bring up!
In The Weakest Link at a very similar situation end of day 1 I literally told other people to let the other player live and kill me instead because I wasn't confident in the read.
In post 3671, Prism wrote:ie. If Spiffeh is scum, I fucking tried. Anyone who disagrees with me, your turn to work through his ISO and wall it out.
I think I am about here with him. He keeps irking me but there's just not enough for me to want to go "ok let's prioritize getting rid of him"
In post 3682, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 3657, Battle Mage wrote:Meta-wise, it feels more like scum mathblade, but I dunno. feels like he's been the voice of reason more often lately.
This is what screamed to me as town. I think Mathblade is town, and I think if BM were scum there are enough people in the game that want Math gone still that you can make basically any other stance than this and be better off.
Instead this seems like conscientious objection to a read he's had all game with the salient fact that Math is here, being a leader, pretty much all the time, and the overpowering likely reason for that is that he's town
That Battle Mage post sucked and I question your motives here.
In post 3689, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:see even bork knows it

like do you understand

how bad someone has to play

to get nearly modkilled

by like the nicest mod on the site?

you'd have to be really bad

and the only way any1 can be that misguided

is if they are town

because aint nobody with a red role pm can believe that much

in something so stupid

that they nearly get themselves modkilled

like that's just too wild for me lol
I guarantee Math would do this as scum.
In post 3694, penguin_alien wrote:
notscience replaces GreyICE. Vote count shortly.
Hi Notsci!
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3817 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:44 am

Post by SirCakez »

I'm kinda thinking I want to go back to Dunn here; his absence feels extremely incriminating.
In post 3710, Prism wrote:I also liked 3404 looking at it btw

And really wish Cakez would have better followup; asking questions is inherently scattershot but the depth in his reads is often very lacking.
I know I know I get accused of this constantly
I just can't get engaged in this game with how busy I am with school. The Pooky case was like peak effort from me and I won't be returning to that level any time soon.
That's why I generally rely moreso on gut and tone.
In post 3731, notscience wrote:Purely based off your description of Cakez that reminds me of xeno when he laser Ed in on Cabds case

I might be filling in some blanks but meh
This is not AT ALL what happened
In post 3732, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:2) I pretty much stopped pushing cake when we had like 3 pages or so of posts left, for the last 2-3 hours before deadline I did not post anything pushing cake, i even popped in and said i'd be willing to move my vote if we needed a compromise or whatever. that's completely different to my scum push on FL when I pushed him until he died because I rarely if ever use restraint when I'm scum.
This is such a lie as soon as I claimed you came back in and started spreading shit again
In post 3763, Prism wrote:
In post 3762, Dunnstral wrote:There are people here who have spent that past week saying they should read into me more and just haven't and continue to call me scum
Name names. Push these players. My being one of them after I got partway through Spiffeh is no surprise.

I am sick of you doing nothing the entire game then crying when you get scumread. If your entire ability to win games as scum requires you to 0 effort and give only the most baselevel reasoning as town, something is wrong with your playstyle.

VOTE: Dunnstral
Yeah I'll sheep this (is it a sheep if you independently scumread them? whatever)

VOTE: Prism
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3818 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:47 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3770, Spiffeh wrote:I am mostly caught up

Not much to say other than not thrilled with notty's entrance
I was hoping for a little more from your big catchup.
In post 3789, MathBlade wrote:Not science could be scum, don’t get me wrong some of Grey ICE’s posts are bad and I would hammer to prevent a no elim but a not science wagon is literally push a lurker to avoid the PoE again.
It wouldn't be a lurker/vibes wagon though because as some have noted notsci's entrance was pretty bad.
In post 3815, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i've played with bork twice now.

he feels like a wallflower; incredibly passive, just gliding with the flow - letting the game state push his vote around as if he does not really care much about the flip.

in Tenet Bork was very opinionated and made strong sharp pushes that were good and had purpose and force of belief behind them. I just don't see that here.
I agree with this
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3819 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3818, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3770, Spiffeh wrote:I am mostly caught up

Not much to say other than not thrilled with notty's entrance
I was hoping for a little more from your big catchup.
In post 3789, MathBlade wrote:Not science could be scum, don’t get me wrong some of Grey ICE’s posts are bad and I would hammer to prevent a no elim but a not science wagon is literally push a lurker to avoid the PoE again.
It wouldn't be a lurker/vibes wagon though because as some have noted notsci's entrance was pretty bad.
In post 3815, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i've played with bork twice now.

I agree with this
Cakez + Bork is looking really good.
Votes Prism despite not sci being the other wagon
I like not sci as buddy if and only if Cakez + Bork.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3820 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:26 am

Post by SirCakez »

there is no notsci wagon lmao
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3821 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:26 am

Post by SirCakez »

oh I just realized I voted Prism in that post oops
I meant to vote Dunn
I was talking about sheeping Prism's vote

VOTE: dunnstral
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3822 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3800, Cabd wrote:Afternoon Vote Count 3.05

Afternoon 2 will end in (expired on 2021-03-24 18:37:50)

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to Bronze

Titus (1): SirCakez
borkjerfkin (1): Spiffeh
SirCakez (4): PookyTheMagicalBear, MathBlade, Battle Mage, Bell
notscience (2): borkjerfkin, Dunnstral
Dunnstral (1): Prism

Not voting (3): Tammy, Titus, notscience

Mod notes:
25/60 pages used

This will be a pagetop when I remove my earlier one, rules are for other backup mods!
Imagine a why the hell you lying gif here.

Gotta work now.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3823 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:39 am

Post by SirCakez »

Two votes isn't a wagon
This is a dumb argument
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3824 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: notscience

Start of wagon on a suspect. Thank you. I'll have to take a backseat on comments until tonight due to court. I'm also dealing with extensive court and real life drama. So please bear with my demotivated ass. I'm still going to try.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”