Newbie 2061 | Views of Tallinn | Town wins

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:56 am

Post by Samawoodo »

Hello everyone!
In post 11, Meuh wrote:@Samawoodo - Are you mafia? :shifty:
My my, testing your scum detector?

I could try mine later aswell :lol:

I'm not btw, are you? :P
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:21 am

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 14, Meuh wrote:
In post 13, Samawoodo wrote:Hello everyone!

ofc not i would never be evil :wink: :good:
Would you say evil doesn't fit you? :lol:

Actually i'd like to look for reactions aswell so

VOTE:
Toriiiiiiiiiiii

My first mafiascum vote!
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 16, Meuh wrote:
In post 15, Samawoodo wrote:
In post 14, Meuh wrote:
In post 13, Samawoodo wrote:Hello everyone!

ofc not i would never be evil :wink: :good:
Would you say evil doesn't fit you? :lol:

Actually i'd like to look for reactions aswell so

VOTE:
Toriiiiiiiiiiii

My first mafiascum vote!
Evil doesn't fit me cause I've gotta be here to carry the town to victory :lol: Haven't rolled it yet though so idk if I'm good at it at all

Also nice job on casting your first vote, hope you enjoy your first game :cool: looking for reactions early is always a good idea

Any off-site experience, if you don't mind me asking?
No problem, i dont mind at all!

Yeah, i played several games but this is my first one here :D

Actually, this is my first english game (im spanish) and im very excited!
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 21, Meuh wrote:Oh I'm gonna say this rn so people don't get confused down the line, me and Marci are irl friends and we've played mafia irl, offsite and here
the game we're talking about is an offsite one

I don't know anyone else in this playerlist though so nice to meet you all! :cool:

Thank you for clarify that, for really. Will make easier to understand your interactions in the future :)
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:56 am

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 50, Not_Mafia wrote:Sudowoodo is scum btw, incredibly stilted RVS posting
Sorry about that i guess? As i said before, im spanish and not used to play in english so i can be kinda overexcited :lol:

Anyway, that way of thinking of you sounds totally right tbh
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 77, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 76, Samawoodo wrote:Anyway, that way of thinking of you sounds totally right tbh
What do you mean here?
Yeah, i mean

Stilted posting = Scum

I cant blame him, actually, if i were playing in spanish and i find a guy who could be overreacting i would suspect him aswell :lol:

That's why i said, that way of thinking sounds totally right for me

Apologies in advance, maybe the way im expressing myself is not easy to understand because the language gap :lol:
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:25 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

First of all

FRIDAAAAAAY
:lol: :lol:

I couldnt play yesterday because work and personal stuff, so apologies.

About my spanish, im not going to rely more about that kind of excuse in the future. I dont want to get this topic dirty. We need clean interactions, not excuses or meta stuff about the players.

But, i have to say thanks to that, there were some reactions worth to mention because, if i were mafia, to take advantage of that and maaaybe join the "push" (because i dont think it was a proper push) would have been the logical play but, not in this kind of game. So, for me, the more townies atm for me are Not_Mafia and Norwegian atm.
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:34 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 82, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:OOOOOHHH I just got voted how nice ummm I mean I haven't really done much either...Ok here's a sus, @NorwegianboyEE maybe...? I mean they seem kinda mean...hehehe
It was not about what you did, it was about what you could do and how :)

Actually
In post 87, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:Uhhh I've played a few mafia games but not in this format..(how does one quote)

I'm not sure yet but I think there's at least one mafia between Meuh, Norweegian, and iN3kor
In post 95, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:Umm "I think there's at least one mafia between Meuh, Norweegian, and iN3kor" When I play mafia, I usually narrow down to a group of people that all act differently(this could be just the person but...). At that moment, I though meuh was quite odd because of how they had some interesting early town reads, then also Norweegian I thought was constantly talking about somewhat random mafia-ish topics(distracting?), and iN3krO is just kinda coasty(maybe only at the moment idk) So...
I like what you said about Meuh, and i dont like the timing when marcistar said they knew irl (but it could be just a coincidence) thought it could help us to understand the interactions between them.

I'm not agree with Norweegian thought, could you tell me where those (random mafia-ish) posts are?
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:58 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 112, Samawoodo wrote:
In post 95, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:Umm "I think there's at least one mafia between Meuh, Norweegian, and iN3kor" When I play mafia, I usually narrow down to a group of people that all act differently(this could be just the person but...). At that moment, I though meuh was quite odd because of how they had some interesting early town reads, then also Norweegian I thought was constantly talking about somewhat random mafia-ish topics(distracting?), and iN3krO is just kinda coasty(maybe only at the moment idk) So...
I like what you said about Meuh, and i dont like the timing when marcistar said they knew irl (but it could be just a coincidence)
thought
it could help us to understand the interactions between them.

I'm not agree with Norweegian thought, could you tell me where those (random mafia-ish) posts are?
I meant though, not thought zzzzzzzzzzz

Apologies :igmeou:
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 115, Meuh wrote: If you like the reasoning against me because of the early townreads, could you explain why you find it suspicious at all? I've never really seen anyone think of early reads as an inherently scummy thing and I've already explained that doing things like that are very much a playstyle thing
It's something interesting to point, that's why i liked it. Is not about having early townreads, is the content about that. It was kinda meh at first, then it improved. As i said, im going to follow your interactions with marci close :cop: :cop:

Actually, your next post are leading more townie for me right now, so i wouldn't care too much about that

Btw, im still waiting for toriiii about we asked (norwegian posts i mean)
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 127, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Torii/In3kro/Catboi is my current suspect list.
I wouldn't bet my savings on both scum being in there, but it's a decent chance. I like the other slots for an myriad of reason.
Maybe i'm wrong about N_M, but i will always be paranoid of N_M.
Well, N_M is very townie for me atm, i liked his thoughts, he didnt post too much though
In post 135, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 134, Pearofclubs wrote:
In post 131, Not_Mafia wrote:inkro + Sudowoodo?
The thread might be more interesting if you were around more! :P
No, no god.
No, please.
Oh god, no.
Why not?
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 95, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:then also Norweegian I thought was constantly talking about somewhat random mafia-ish topics(distracting?),
Im talking about that in my previous post actually. Still waiting for that "mafia-ish topics" :roll:

Btw i didn't want to say anything about that (yet) it because many of you have pointed it already, and it would be easy for me to just "jump" onto that train right now, but yeah, in3kro D1 is starting to be kinda sus, because activity and because the "content" of his posts :?.
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:17 am

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 146, Meuh wrote:
@Not_Mafia:
thoughts on Tori?

@Samawoodo:
thoughts on Catboi?

Uhm actually is a null for me, idk, i dont feel like he is scummy for me atm. I mean, i have not so many reads for him right now so actually i couldnt figure so much about him :neutral:
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:23 am

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 173, catboi wrote:
In post 146, Meuh wrote:
@Not_Mafia:
thoughts on Tori?

@Samawoodo:
thoughts on Catboi?

@Tori:
thoughts on Marci and Sama?

@iN3krO:
thoughts on Sama and Tori?

@NorwegianboyEE:
Could you explain how your read on Sama evolved from to ?

@Marci:
Thoughts on Tori?

@Pearofclubs:
Thoughts on Marci and Sama?

@Catboi:
Thoughts on N_M and Norwee?
I'm going to pointedly refuse to answer this and instead ask why you felt the need to ask everyone about different people.
Ok i didnt read this when i wrote my previous post

I dont see the point of that tbh, i mean, is not like he asked you for a 2v2 or something like that (anyway, that wouldn't be a problem either). Is like you are being so defensive without reason :? (We are at D1 still)

If someone ask about my thoughts, i wouldnt have any problem sharing them

I hope you are not afraid of sharing them :roll:
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:19 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 192, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Catboi is town.
Because of this post, right? (I'm trying to read your mind :lol: )
In post 191, catboi wrote:
In post 190, Pearofclubs wrote:Being disinterested? No, although you engaging more could have made it more interesting for all involved.
Barely participating? A bit. You made one RVS post and then vanished. That's not good.
You've also been acting fairly defensive, not answering questions, not sharing your thoughts. Not townie behavior.
You can argue semantics about it not being fluff if you like, but you didn't stick around to do anything with any reactions that you might've gotten.
But it's still very early
Again, though, you can say me being inactive is
not good
or
unhelpful
, but that doesn't really cross the bridge to be
being scum
, does it? Focusing solely on someone's activity is unfortunately a poor method of finding scum, sometimes there are players who lurk because they have a hard time faking it, but other times people are just naturally disinterested. (granted, my last scumgame offsite, I was miserably frozen and flaked out, but I don't think I'd have that problem here because it's so much slower paced).

I think "defensive" is a term that gets thrown around whenever someone bothers to defend themself, at all, which is a fairly natural thing in a game of mafia. It's an accusation that has very little meaning. Why do you see my not answering qusetions as scummy?
It's a very easy thing to comply with the requests of others if I were scum, and that's probably what I'd be doing. But if I feel like I'm getting asked a question that's useless or suspect I'm going to uestion them instead.
I can understand your frustration with me not simply plopping down a reads list but most of my thoughts right now are half-formed, I'm still in the process of feeling hings out. In my previous post, I was going to give some townreads then when I went back to reread people, I doubted myself and deleted that part of my post. I don't like making statements that amount to "eh, could go either way, who knows"
Acually @catboi , from my POE, u have started getting townie points in your last posts, not enought to consider you a townie atm, we are 9 players atm and is hard to "gamble" anything right now.

You asked me before about who i was suspecting, im going to try making a proper list

My strongest townie read atm is Norwee as i said.

Then N_M (losing points because inactivity maybe (?) ) and maybe Pearl (between null/ slightly townie)

Then right now you are null with meuh

Marci was null, but i dont like how she feels worried about a null reading coming from an almost afk player (Toriii), is like she is trying to "demostrate" he is townie yes or yes, and this made me feel like :?

Toriii low profile is kinda sus (and didn't answer the fact he is suspecting one of the stronger townie reads (from my poe as i said), dunno if is lack of reading, or just random pointing), but i cant talk too much about low profiles because my participation is just "enough" (being generous with myself)

iN3kro feels kinda scummy aswell.
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:22 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 202, Samawoodo wrote: Marci was null, but i dont like how she feels worried about
a null reading coming from an almost afk player
(Toriii), is like she is trying to "demostrate" he is townie yes or yes, and this made me feel like :?
Sorry, i meant "scummy reading" there
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:27 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 183, marcistar wrote:
In post 179, Samawoodo wrote:I dont see the point of that tbh, i mean, is not like he asked you for a 2v2 or something like that (anyway, that wouldn't be a problem either). Is like you are being so defensive without reason :? (We are at D1 still)
I agree, I don't see the point on him holding out reads :cry:
In post 179, Samawoodo wrote:If someone ask about my thoughts, i wouldnt have any problem sharing them
on this note, do you have any thoughts on other people..?
Yup, read above :lol: :lol:
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 216, Meuh wrote:This is more related to gamestate, though. The game mellowed down after you and Catboi became the 2 main wagons, which gives me the impression that the mafia team either:
-Doesn't contain either of you
-Has its other teammate kinda inactive
Well, actually there are 3 guys with 2 votes each. Is not la live or die situation i think.

But i have to agree with you with the game "pacing", scum could feel comfortable with it, or could be it just doesn't care :lol:
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:28 am

Post by Samawoodo »

I have to say, N_M started very townie for me, I don’t understand his lack of posts.

I don’t know him from other games though so I don’t know.

Actually, I’d like to “update” my list of impressions. Catboi more townie for example.

@meuh, I can’t understand why you prefer to lynch N_M over toriii for example (if we just talk about activity).

In fact, your last interactions with Marci makes me wonder about your possible flip (Marci o you I mean), then I remember you mentioned you know each other irl and it calms me a little xD
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:32 am

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 228, marcistar wrote:Samawoodoo you placed a vote on tori in 15, but haven't changed votes at all since then. Is there a reason for this..? Does the vote still hold true to your thoughts on this game as of currently..?
At first it was kinda random as you can guess, he hadn’t posted yet, so it was to force him to speak.

But then, he had weird posts, pointing norwee because his posts were kinda scummy (we asked for them and he didn’t reply), then he said norwee was more townie (norwee has been playing since the beginning townie as fuck)

And then his activity is not the best (trying to be low profile?)

Idk, I don’t have a better option right now for D1
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:34 am

Post by Samawoodo »

Right now I’m ending my break, I’d like to join later and keep posting stuff I saw (and updating my players list)
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Samawoodo »

UNVOTE: T3

Idk how it works, but i cant vote toriii slot right now
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #395 (isolation #22) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:41 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 376, Pearofclubs wrote:
In post 321, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Needless to say, if i'm actually eliminated here, please put more scrutiny on Pear and In3kro.
I mean, Pear had me as top town earlier.
With regard to my earlier read.
I even mentioned in that very post that it was an early read and they don't mean much, and that was prior to the hypocrisy of attacking Meuh for doing something that you yourself advocated doing earlier. (And not addressing that point doesn't make it go away :P)

Honestly, I'm becoming of the opinion that you mentioned that earlier so that you could have it around as an option if you needed it later, and with Marcistar's response anyone else who goes after N-M could be targeted. If no one goes after N-M before you do, you can suggest it at your leisure since you were in that conversation yourself and you can use that to assuage any suspicions. Scum!Norwee could use this to win either way. You could steer a wagon you don't like towards someone pushing N-M, or a policy elimination on him as a compromise in the event you don't like existing wagons.

After all, as an experienced player in a newbie game, your word carries weight. If you decide a policy elimination on N-M is a good idea, people are more likely to follow than if, say, I did it.

If nothing else, as a player with as much experience as you have, people (including myself) should question whether or not they could really read you,
if you WERE scum.

So I'm keeping my vote
right where it is.
In this moment, I think it's our best shot at hitting scum. And if I'm wrong I welcome the suspicion and scrutiny that that would bring.
I think you are overthinking stuff.

If norwee word carries more weight it would be because he is playing and making reading as a genuine town (at least for me). I didn’t give a fuck about his experience or w/e.

Actually, his behavior in this game have been always following the same line. It’s not like he has suddenly changed opinions about his own readings (unlike others)

Actually, if he flips town, what are you going to do?
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #396 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:43 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

What happens if there is a draw??

No eliminations?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”