VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:10 am

Post by VFP »

Yeah I'm torn on Osuka from games played.
Town games, he's just an edgy xQc fan.
Scum games he is as I said previously as more direct anger of being caught / fake anger to re direct. The only difference is he winds his neck in a lot more as scum, I guess to appease the player list instead. So it will be interesting to see here. I'm betting a double down.
Maybe Osuka is just going for town edgy again here though.

Regardless, here is Osuka's posts.
Spoiler: NAI / Start of game
In post 4, osuka wrote:it is nearly 4:30 am over here so i’m gonna head to sleep like right now, but before i do i have an announcement of extreme importance
In post 5, osuka wrote:
VOTE: andres
In post 6, osuka wrote:thanks for coming to my ted talk

Spoiler: NAI / Filler
In post 20, osuka wrote:
In post 8, Asteria wrote:VOTE: Andres
can't argue with the ted talk
welcome to the townbloc
In post 21, osuka wrote:this is a terrible color to read especially on mobile, please change it

in the meantime, VOTE: faria
No explanation ot attempt to push the game forward with the vote, so it goes under fluff
In post 22, osuka wrote:i have an extremely important question for all that is guaranteed to find scum

what is the best flavor of pringles?
In post 24, osuka wrote:nice

i'm convinced
VOTE: osuka
In post 31, osuka wrote:youre clearly lying
This part goes in to filler because it's useless.
In post 31, osuka wrote:this does not come from scum
In post 32, osuka wrote:good to see you too though, let's get it
In post 33, osuka wrote:we can start by not lying
In post 60, osuka wrote:only slightly. not to be an ass but there's a reason the default colors are the default, they look good and they're easy to read. it's impossible to pick a single color that will work against every background

that said i do appreciate your willingness to change it up to make it easier to read. try a lighter color? maybe then the folks with light themes are gonna yell at you, but this one isn't great on mafblack
Still just filler
In post 61, osuka wrote:i dont see that as a pocketing attempt from andres given the games we've played together. this reads ok to me
Although I don't see much out of this post I'm giving benefit of the doubt here as a minor attemp, so it goes to NAI
In post 62, osuka wrote:THAT SAID
In post 68, osuka wrote:this color is better yes
In post 69, osuka wrote:the content of this post, however, is not anywhere near anything i can describe with a positive adjective
In post 78, osuka wrote:????????????????
Just more useless posts to make noise.
In post 79, osuka wrote:everything

for starters, we had already established that the post you said was a pocketing attempt was actually probably not one because andres knows it takes more than that to pocket me, wifom is used by anyone (hence why it works in the first place), and the rest of the post has no substance whatsoever
This goes into the NAI / Filler because again it's a useless post with no intention to progress it.
In post 80, osuka wrote:in light of 76 this might have been a joke that went over my head

someone please tell me if im stupid
At this point trying to look active?
In post 83, osuka wrote:oh you dont need to tell me that, i already know
In post 84, osuka wrote:??????????????????????????????
Just duplicating posts now.
In post 85, osuka wrote:i have posted way too many question marks for this game to be on page 4
In post 90, osuka wrote:is this gonna be another one of these games where i accidentally votepark myself d1 because i forgot to change it for 30 pages
In post 104, osuka wrote:that's probably just andres' brain short circuiting. it does that every once in a while
In post 106, osuka wrote:there you go, then learn to write because you really did not express yourself clearly

something something you've never played with me so clearly you don't know how it goes, but this is kind of how it is. i'm not gonna put in a lot of effort (or any, really) into being polite if someone else didn't bother to read a post
Ew, this could be edgy xQc veiwer or typical scum response.
In post 109, osuka wrote:well that's the absolute quickest i've ever taken anyone from 0 to tilt

sorry datisi
I'm actually guessing xQc was on during this time and got you juiced up. However. the fact you are still trying to push someone to leave the game is a HUGE scream tell. Who cares if you have differences, or you really want to win as scum, the game isn't designed around you.
In post 110, osuka wrote:jsyk english is not my first language either and you have struck me as fluent enough that i wouldn't think that that would be a problem here. to be perfectly clear, none of this is meant personally to you and i don't mean for any of this to carry outside of the scope of this game in particular, not even to other, future games we may both be in.

and hey, sorry if i actually legitimately offended you. it's a game and at the end of the day yeah, i'm a bit of an ass but i haven't had anyone go full tilt like that so quickly, so i do apologize if i did actually get to you too badly. there's an element of getting people slightly tilted that gives cues (which is part of why i take stabs at people), but my intent is never to take away from other players' fun in the game. I'm more than happy to have you in the plist here - as i said, nothing personal
NAI
In post 112, osuka wrote:i'll have to ask you to explain what you mean by mafia vs kum-ba-yah because i have only a slight idea what one of these things are and i have never heard of the other

and isn't the whole point of playing scum to make it _look_ like you're pro-town but actually not?
Useless posting again
In post 114, osuka wrote:your joindate is recent and you sound suspiciously naive to i'm going to assume this is not an alt and lay it out for you: good mafia players will absolutely look like town like 95+% of the time and do all sorts of shenanigans while at it

just because something looks pro-town it doesn't mean it actually is
This goes NAI because it has no progression again, just posting to post.
In post 117, osuka wrote:???

if you suspect that it is only pro-town on the surface, why wouldn't you? further: if scum did something genuinely pro-town, would you not still want to vote them? maybe for other reasons, sure, but in any game, any one given player will have done both scummy and towny things and there's only ever one alignment they will be
This is just mindless garbage at this stage. It really has no effort in this questioning.
In post 118, osuka wrote:117 was @ 115 i just got ninja'd
In post 124, osuka wrote:did you just make a fortnite reference
In post 125, osuka wrote:VOTE: anya
In post 126, osuka wrote:pagetops are for daddy
In post 127, osuka wrote:@andres please explain to these nerds what that means
In post 128, osuka wrote:also what the fuck does a "bishop kind of player" mean
In post 132, osuka wrote:so what does the plane have to do with anything
In post 135, osuka wrote:this is the least sense a game of mafia has ever made to me and ive been in some shit games
In post 136, osuka wrote:so we went from skydiving to minesweeper to chess?
In post 138, osuka wrote:how does the username even factor into anything that was mentioned?
In post 143, osuka wrote:oh i see what you're saying, so the mines really are just regular mines that just happen to be in the way of the pawns
In post 144, osuka wrote:so in a way really the scum is just skydiving with all of us
Mindless shit
In post 147, osuka wrote:okay i think i got it

VOTE: pawnsgambit
Adds nothing.
In post 152, osuka wrote:i would say we just take one of these mines and a slingshot and try our best to hit him with it
In post 156, osuka wrote:itt we post statistics pulled out of someone's ass
In post 159, osuka wrote:but you know, it's not like that's ever happened before in a game of mafia
In post 160, osuka wrote:notice how the numbers just keep going up over time? not a coincidence
In post 165, osuka wrote:but have you tried flipping the board?
In post 167, osuka wrote:ydrasse isn't here so i have to make up for it somehow
In post 178, osuka wrote:i love you
In post 179, osuka wrote:this sent me into a laughing fit that would wake up someone sleeping next door
In post 184, osuka wrote:i dont think ive ever seen you play scum so i truly dont know how good you are

but that could just be my brain fried. ive gotten completely played by scum in the past that i had as locktown so really the point i'm trying to make is dont rule anyone out too soon and always be willing to reevaluate
In post 185, osuka wrote:it was never a push? i was literally just calling out a stupid post that wouldve been a point of conversation later and had it not been for the extreme reaction, wouldn't be anymore. stupid posts make for stupid conversations and stupid conversations make for stupid pushes, which are ultimately bad for town because you need to play intelligently to win as town
In post 190, osuka wrote:and how was i supposed to know this before you told me? in fact how am I even supposed to take this at face value?
Just NAI no other other to be here like the rest of the filler
In post 191, osuka wrote:when was the last time you saw _anyone_ get that offended that fast, regardless of alignment? i don't think i have ever
In post 192, osuka wrote:ah yeah it was the "bro" that did it for me

it was 50/50 she wanted to vote me or she wanted to throw hands in a mcdonalds parking lot at 3 am
In post 198, osuka wrote:yeah honestly the first half of that i was actually not sure if you were talking about me and yes i know, i did actually measure my words there because i was gonna be a lot harsher but i decided to tone it down a bit

i do have my moments and i don’t think this was quite a stroke of brilliance at all
In post 199, osuka wrote:come on man isn’t this like scum 101
In post 202, osuka wrote:as scum, that’s a move that takes zero effort and has like nearly zero risk
In post 206, osuka wrote:this takes the cake for being the least insightful post of the thread so far
No one will be taking that from you.
In post 210, osuka wrote:isn’t that like shitposting 101?
In post 212, osuka wrote:i literally started the post you quoted with “as scum”

i’m not ready to call that a slip but that’s one of the weirdest posts i’ve ever seen from you
I'm 50/50 on this one. It has no backing real attempt. Could have been a town like post though.
In post 213, osuka wrote:come on you’re better than this

i’m saying that’s a shitpost and you shouldn’t take it seriously
Backing his neck in?
In post 218, osuka wrote:other than the useless self meta i’m willing to call this an ok post
In post 220, osuka wrote:a player with no content can’t be pushed because they have no content so you couldn’t possibly read them. my point being, any read you have on a player with 2 posts, at least one of which is a shitpost, is completely made up
This makes no sense.
In post 221, osuka wrote:definitely not this one
In post 223, osuka wrote:yeah you’ve never played with me so just letting you know i’m not going anywhere anytime soon so expect high post count, short posts.

if someone has a problem with that they can take it up with the complaints department at 1-800-555-6969
xQc went live again?
In post 229, osuka wrote:good
In post 230, osuka wrote:alright i do have a comment but i’ll hold off for now
Scum comment.

And from there it's basically just me and Osuka.

Spoiler: Pro town / Progression / Scum hunting
In post 63, osuka wrote:why are you going so easy on me? you know from past experience that i fake "genuine" reactions pretty regularly, so even if nothing up until this point was weird I have to say this really does strike me the wrong way

moreover, why are you defending me? it's page 3 and it sounds like you have me as conftown
This is the first actual decent post, questioning a questionable post. It only just makes it into this slot though as there's no follow up.
In post 101, osuka wrote:you should learn to read. why are you inferring from 63 that i think it's pocketing if i said very clearly in 61 that i didn't think it was? this is either a colossal misrep or a symptom of low brainpower. furthermore: why does my interpretation of andres' post influence _your_ read of it? In other words, why does my comment on it factor into whether or not _you_ think it's a pocketing attempt? most importantly, why does 63 influence your read of it but 61 does not?

as an aside, nai posts can absolutely have substance. it just means they're not substantial in a way you can infer alignment from, for a given poster
Actually productive here
In post 120, osuka wrote:and what does scum trying to look town look like to you?
In post 186, osuka wrote:like i dont really have much reason to believe she's scum but i don't think that reaction changes based on her alignment. why do you think that's towny?
In post 205, osuka wrote:first of all: “we”?

i never said it’s a bad play. i just said it’s probably an ok one, and really what i said was that you shouldn’t give anya towncred for that
I actually don't mind this one.

You can tell me where I'm wrong here, because there's posts I may just be biased against but the town posts are not looking good.
There is no effort in anything that Osuka does. Even the posts in Pro town / Progression / Scum hunting aren't followed up. Post to post as a whole. Gets defensive when called scum.
The filler posts are such pointless shit, it's just spam to prevent later reads and checks on this slot, and in fact any slot. How can that be helpful to town in anyway?

For a start, lets touch base on the below.
In post 264, PawnsGambit wrote:I like osuka's scum hunting strategy in general.
Explain what the scum hunting strategy is here. Directly point me towards where Osuka is scum hunting in this game.
In post 269, Anya wrote:i don't think being toxic in response to being pushed is typical for wolves

usually it comes from town
Maybe the meta has change on this too, but I can tell you this site used to have toxicity from scum more than town.
At least to a level of enjoying negative reactions to it.

@Osuka
with the plausibility that you're town, say that we're both town
Who should I focus and lim today
Who do I shoot tonight
Who should I protect tonight?

Of course, to confirm this is not any sort of claim, I'm just curious here.
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Robert M Hunter »

KITTENS
Robert M Hunter MaxTheFox
osuka
Asteria
Anya
VFP

AMBIGUOUS
Save The Dragons

SCUMMY RODENTS
Andante
Andresvmb
Haschel Cedricson
PawnsGambit
Salsabil Faria
Green Crayons
InsidiousLemons

This game is horribly balanced! What corrupt reviewer let this pass?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Andante »

Robert... hello, nice to meet you. I was literally joking with my first post of the game?? and you're trying to say I was serious?? excuse me??
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Andante »

I've had literally 0 game related lines, like, I shouldn't be town or scum to you yet. I was last here on page 4, I don't think I missed a whole lot trying to skim it
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Andante »

There was one line I didn't like, I don't remember who said it, someone TRed Salsa's anger/frustration... like, town or scum would get mad at that comment? it's literally nai, so that's probably where my SR lies, means I need to go find it.... rip
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Andante »

In post 182, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 121, Anya wrote: while Salsa on the other hand is clearly town for taking that push so personally from osuka so i would classify her as a city
Actually as much as it pains me to say it, I kind of agree with this.

Ah yes, 2 of yall called it town, that's why it stuck with me, like, if anything, I've had more meltdowns as scum than town... not sure why a non game related thing sold 2 of you on salsa being town...
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.06

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-04-21 10:15:00).

execution
VFP [4]:
Andresvmb, osuka, Anya, PawnsGambit
Andresvmb [3]:
Asteria, Save The Dragons, Salsabil Faria
Save The Dragons [1]:
Green Crayons
osuka [1]:
VFP
Green Crayons [1]:
Haschel Cedricson
Andante [1]:
InsidiousLemons

not voting [2]:
Robert M Hunter, Andante

mod notes~ Robert M Hunter is the new MaxTheFox
~ salsabil faria is v/la until the 16th

flavourImage
Last edited by Datisi on Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 280, Andante wrote:
In post 121, Anya wrote: while Salsa on the other hand is clearly town for taking that push so personally from osuka so i would classify her as a city

Ah yes, 2 of yall called it town, that's why it stuck with me, like, if anything, I've had more meltdowns as scum than town... not sure why a non game related thing sold 2 of you on salsa being town...
are you scum reading both of them?
PawnsGambit
PawnsGambit
Townie
PawnsGambit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:44 am

Post by PawnsGambit »

I see a lot of people being judgemental on the quality of posting considering it's so early in day 1.

As far as osuka I think he's trying to converse with a wide variety of players which I think is an effective tool in developing reads.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:46 am

In post 265, Save The Dragons wrote:pawnard, what do you think of Andres?
PawnsGambit
PawnsGambit
Townie
PawnsGambit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:48 am

Post by PawnsGambit »

oh, i didn't know you were talking to me. I have a slight town lean on andres due to decent activity and lack of concern about appearances.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 262, Save The Dragons wrote:green crayons and haschel cedricson, are you happy with your votes?
I'm not moving it yet, if that's what you mean.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:54 am

i guess you're not a pokemon fan?

Spoiler:

oops it's pawniard my bad
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:57 am

Post by VFP »

In post 283, PawnsGambit wrote:I see a lot of people being judgemental on the quality of posting considering it's so early in day 1.

As far as osuka I think he's trying to converse with a wide variety of players which I think is an effective tool in developing reads.
Can you give some examples of where Osuka is trying to devlope reads by addressing/conversing players? I'm not sitting here with the finger on the keyboard ready to call you a liar. I want to know what you have seen that I haven't.
I'm not sure how to take the quality of posts comment. Without poking at posts for their faults how do you propose day 1 progresses?
PawnsGambit
PawnsGambit
Townie
PawnsGambit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:04 am

Post by PawnsGambit »

It's just a general feeling I'm not going to wallpost about it.
PawnsGambit
PawnsGambit
Townie
PawnsGambit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:07 am

Post by PawnsGambit »

I am not impressed with RMHs entrance as there are an overabundance of scumreads.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Andante »

In post 282, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 280, Andante wrote:

are you scum reading both of them?

I'm saying I'm a little sus of them, it's too early to have genuine reads when everyone has just been posting whatever
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:08 am

Post by VFP »

In post 289, PawnsGambit wrote:It's just a general feeling I'm not going to wallpost about it.
I'm not asking for a wall post, I'm asking for examples.
You can't claim that someone is scum hunting then just say it's a general feeling that they are scum hunting. Someone either appearing as scum hunting or they aren't...

Give me 2 examples where Osuka is scum hunting.
That's not asking for a lot and it could even be the worthless "????" if you like.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Andante »

In post 290, PawnsGambit wrote:I am not impressed with RMHs entrance as there are an overabundance of scumreads.

I mean, he scumread me for a meme vote on the first page of the game... something feels off abot him. I get he just subbed in, but like, being overly critical of posts this early?? it's like he's trying to find the easiest pushes tbh
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Andante »

to elaborate on #293

the vibe I get from Robert is like, he's coming into the game like "I want to SR these people, so this is how I read them" cause literally nothing I posted the other day was alignment indicative... I did no scumhunting, nothing. I was like "haha throw vote around"
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:16 am

Post by Andante »

If you're going to read through and push everyone as scum, or try to find the easiest pushes, rather than go "can I see town saying this?" I feel like you're making reads from a maf pov. Maf doesn't care to find other maf. and there's 0 incentive for them to scumhunt/ bus their partners, I'll put my vote here until Robert clears stuff up, but I don't like his entrance at all

VOTE: Robert
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:21 am

getting bad vibes from Andante
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:22 am

Post by VFP »

In post 295, Andante wrote:If you're going to read through and push everyone as scum, or try to find the easiest pushes, rather than go "can I see town saying this?" I feel like you're making reads from a maf pov. Maf doesn't care to find other maf. and there's 0 incentive for them to scumhunt/ bus their partners, I'll put my vote here until Robert clears stuff up, but I don't like his entrance at all

I don't disagree with the entrace, but wouldn't I be the easier push here? I'm not sure what logic shows you to be an easy push?
So Robert's post just looks to me that he read a few pages, picked up a few posts and said, X, Y, and Z.

The reads are just convenient rather than easy.
But I'm interested in the follow up. Remember, having a lot of scum reads is'nt bad. Not sorting them is.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Andante »

what exactly is it about me that gives you bad vibes? the fact I'm actually going to try and find scum?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:24 am

Post by Andante »

In post 297, VFP wrote:
In post 295, Andante wrote:If you're going to read through and push everyone as scum, or try to find the easiest pushes, rather than go "can I see town saying this?" I feel like you're making reads from a maf pov. Maf doesn't care to find other maf. and there's 0 incentive for them to scumhunt/ bus their partners, I'll put my vote here until Robert clears stuff up, but I don't like his entrance at all

I don't disagree with the entrace, but wouldn't I be the easier push here? I'm not sure what logic shows you to be an easy push?
So Robert's post just looks to me that he read a few pages, picked up a few posts and said, X, Y, and Z.

The reads are just convenient rather than easy.
But I'm interested in the follow up. Remember, having a lot of scum reads is'nt bad. Not sorting them is.

Having terrible reasons for any SRs is what is bad to me, I don't care how many you have, but SRing my very first post of this game? when I was literally joking around with those there? a terrible reason to sr me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”