Micro 1005: Help Isis, Scholarship Student at Noon

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 694, Sha 77 wrote:The main thing that I just don't believe on his side is that push to HEAL Flea - it makes so much more sense to someone who's informed about Flea's alignment and thinks it's a towny push to make, and also that scumread on Cakez feels really flawed.
This assumes I’m a bad Scum player and it’s a bit infuriating. So out of everyone in the game, my choice to make myself look Towny as Scum is to push one of the less obvious slots as a Leader? Think about that for a minute. What if I didn’t trust the prevailing voices or didn’t think we were going to get a decent outcome?

If I wanted to make a “towny” push as Scum, I would have agreed with the players getting TR (or pushed the consensus). Or even better, formed a more detailed read on someone and pushed them. Used vague words like towny tone and playing within their Town meta while pushing the game forward. Instead, I made a strategic argument for a push. Which, btw, wasn’t entirely dismissed and for a slot you picked! It’s ridiculous.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Andresvmb »

And why is my Scum push on SirCakez really flawed? I’m not the one arguing any certainty here, SirCakez is. I expressed some reservations, yes. But not nearly to the extent SirCakez is.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:13 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 641, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 640, SirCakez wrote:I found most of your posts day 1 to be pretty scummy.
Okay but why? I’m town and you’re wrong. So I want to understand if you’re just being insistent and Town, or actively trying to sabotage my positioning in the game.
I said why in the same post...
In post 642, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 640, SirCakez wrote:Your argument calling me overconfident was nonsensical. You did very little scumhunting outside of interactions with Alisae and I.
Except you are overconfident. You make pronouncements with little in the form of actual quotes and analysis. Which is fine some players play that way and don’t provide detailed explanations I don’t necessarily care for them either to be honest. But your entire view of the game seems dependent on me being Scum and if you’re going to insist on that narrative you’re going to cost us dearly. Because I know that excluding me there is not likely to win the game quickly.

But you know, in a way, if I get excluded and the game doesn’t end, then that helps me tremendously because if I were Scum, the odds that both my Partner and I are picked by a Town Leader are not super high. More often than not there’s only 1 Scum in a pool picked by a Town player.
That's just how I play. You are misreading my tone. Me saying something is "yikes" or "awful" does not mean I'm calling them lockscum. It's just how I talk. And I have never once said my view of the game revolves around you? It's just an argument that's been brought up recently.
In post 643, Andresvmb wrote:And why do I have to be latched onto Alisae? Why can’t I just be right about a read? You seem to think only your reads are worth considering, and everybody else’s are either bad or coming from Scum with knowledge.
??????????
Just look at your ISO dude you constantly talk about Alisae and you say Alisae is your most certain townread. It's pretty obvious why I'm making this conclusion.
In post 646, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 645, Infinity 324 wrote:Andres why do you TR alisae?
Why is this directed at only me? Both Sha 77 and Ydrasse actively decided to put them in their Teams in a way that actually impacts the game. I just have a read. It’s mostly based on the fact that Alisae has read me correctly, and I agree with most of their views, and think I’ve been open. I am trying to figure out what I think about the frustration shown when they flipped out at Cakez to be honest - I think that can be easily faked. That escalation also in a way puts me in a situation where I feel like I have to defend them (since it’s against someone SR’ing me) and if Alisae is Scum, that’s a great way to maintain a pocket. But if that was the strategy it’s been the case since very early since they’ve voted to heal me for the first and the second slots, despite not getting any traction, and I don’t get what the benefit of all that was from a Scum!Alisae perspective.
Sha hasn't been back and Ydrasse has some sort of meta tell I think? Neither are terribly helpful.
Alisae is EXCELLENT at pocketing people as scum - e literally got town to claim masons with em as scum once
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:19 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 672, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 671, Sha 77 wrote:@Andres: Did you mention your town streak in the 10th or 11th game you rolled town?
You’ve already made up your kind so why do you care? Ask some of the players that have played with me see what they say. Or you can go read my games.

If you actually care about the answer, it’s actually yes. Repeatedly. Talked about it at length.
This reads like indignant scum tonally
In post 683, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 675, Sha 77 wrote:// - Feels like he's concerned about Cakez scumreading him so is explaining why he said what he said and is attempting to change his mind
Let me very clear. I don’t give much of a shit about people SR me when I’m Town. I am more concerned about getting stuff right. Me expressing my uncertainty is just that. If SirCakez wants to maintain a position that’s wrong, that’s entirety up to them.
Then why are you getting so worked up over people SRing you here bro?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:20 am

Post by SirCakez »

Sha why have you suddenly flipped your read on me when you were sold on me being scum day 1? just the Andres interactions
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 702, SirCakez wrote:I said why in the same post...
Not really no. You’re just generalizing all of my D1 posts and calling them Scummy. That’s not great reasoning.

So do you want me as Town to dispel nonsense or just give up? Because if you want me to shut up and not combat bullshit, then you’re talking to the wrong player. It doesn’t mean I’m like worked up or upset like what.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 702, SirCakez wrote:And I have never once said my view of the game revolves around you? It's just an argument that's been brought up recently.
And did I say you said it? It’s just obvious that your whole worldview very much depends on me being Scum.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 702, SirCakez wrote:Just look at your ISO dude you constantly talk about Alisae and you say Alisae is your most certain townread. It's pretty obvious why I'm making this conclusion.
You’re not answering. Yeah I talk a lot about Alisae. Why does that mean I’m latching on to them? Do you SR Alisae?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 702, SirCakez wrote:Sha hasn't been back and Ydrasse has some sort of meta tell I think? Neither are terribly helpful.
That wasn’t directed at you so why are you responding?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 703, SirCakez wrote:This reads like indignant scum tonally
And you read like Scum that just wants to bury me.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:38 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 703, SirCakez wrote:Then why are you getting so worked up over people SRing you here bro?
And I’m not your bro. It’s like your intentionally trying to start an argument. You’ve never really focused on reading my alignment. This is either Scum or a bad case of confirmation bias.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Okay like either way, given the attacks from Sha and Cakez, my obvious strong preference is never to push that Team through. It’s like obvious it contains Scum almost always. So I would much rather have my Team go through and me be directly excluded, than any Team with Sha/SirCakez.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I don't see the point in continuing this argument you're just scum here
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by SirCakez »

there's no point arguing with someone whose mind you won't change
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I think you’re trying to get me to react in a way that’ll convince other players I’m Scum, and you’re failing at it. Mainly because I’m not but also because your arguments are weak.

You seem quite stuck in this mindset which is quite unrealistic since we haven’t had a single flip and we don’t know even the outcome of the choices made by the Leaders so I’ll ignore you for now and slot you as Scum. Provided we don’t pick a Team with you in it I don’t think I care.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 635, Infinity 324 wrote:Ali I thought I had a tell on you that would make you town here but then you made that cakez post :/
I gave 6 towngames if ur reading them by isos stop you'll likely see something that you wouldn't see if u read isos. Try harder. Also that case on you in student council was mostly pre-written
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 636, SirCakez wrote:
In post 631, Alisae wrote:Cakez if you don't stop playing like garbage with comments like "this is hot garbage" "Andres' attacks on Infinity just seem so made up and scum motivated" I'm actually going to get really irritated because I can't tell if ur just town who wants to play badly and wants to beat their own drum or scum or scum.
I ALWAYS PLAY LIKE THIS
nothing has changed!!!!!!
I hate you so much
GTKAS
| here.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 715, Alisae wrote:
In post 635, Infinity 324 wrote:Ali I thought I had a tell on you that would make you town here but then you made that cakez post :/
I gave 6 towngames if ur reading them by isos stop you'll likely see something that you wouldn't see if u read isos. Try harder. Also that case on you in student council was mostly pre-written
How important is this, reading is the least enjoyable part of playing mafia for me
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 650, Infinity 324 wrote:I actually don't see a ton of scum motivation in ali's play
This is key btw
if u can't see the scum motivation in my actions its likely because it just doesn't exist. There are still things about my town meta that I think are just impossible for me to fake.

pedit: It's importance is about as equal as getting a good read on me. If you have a read ur content with u don't have to ig.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

I linked them because I feel like you've seen more of my scumgame then you have of my towngame and when I see your read on me I feel like this is what is happening
GTKAS
| here.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Ok, who do you think is most likely scum in ydrasse's pool
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Alisae »

Pooky but that's only because they're not doing anything and I'm irritated and want them to do something
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Alisae »

I'm not sure what I'm doing this day phase. It's been interesting so far and I want to let it continue to be interesting until I know what I want to do.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by Alisae »

I'm not sure if I should be listing out my exact thought processes right now
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Alisae »

Infinity do you think Sha and Cakez can be teamed?
This is the one thing I think makes the most sense to me tbh at this moment in time
GTKAS
| here.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”