Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:05 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.15

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-04-21 10:15:00).

execution
PookyTheMagicalBear [4]:
VFP, Salsabil Faria, Robert M Hunter, Save The Dragons
Andante [2]:
Green Crayons, InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons [2]:
PookyTheMagicalBear, Andante
VFP [2]:
osuka, Andresvmb
Andresvmb [1]:
Asteria
Asteria [1]:
Anya

not voting [1]:
Haschel Cedricson

mod notes~ salsabil faria is v/la until the 16th
~ andresvmb is v/la until tomorrow
~ i had a dream i made some sorta mod error, let me know if you notice anything

flavourImage
Last edited by Datisi on Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:27 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

of course it could be haschel silently laughing his ass off as we run around in circles
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:45 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Haschel is a
Servant of Darkness
:

Spoiler: Saruman

Saruman was originally one of the powerful Maia of Aulë the Smith named Curumo (later in Sindarin, Curunír).[1] In Valinor, the land of the Valar, a council was called by Manwë, leader of the Valar, shortly after Sauron's defeat by the Last Alliance of Elves and Men. Though Sauron was overthrown, it would later turn out that he had not been effectively vanquished and his shadow began to fall upon Middle-earth a second time. It was decided to send five emissaries to Middle-earth. These should be "mighty, peers of Sauron, yet forgo might, and clothe themselves in flesh," as they were intended to help Men and Elves unite against Sauron, but the wizards were forbidden from matching the Dark Lord in power and fear.[2]

Curumo was one of those who volunteered, whereas the last one, Olórin, (later known as "Gandalf") was commanded by Manwë to go too. It was from this point that Curumo began to be jealous of Olorin, due to Varda's decision to send Olorin not as the third Istari, but as the second. He also was in charge of take Aiwendil (later called "Radagast") to please Yavanna, which Curumo did not wish to do, and this led to contempt for the latter Wizard. The other who were chosen were Alatar and Pallando (the Blue Wizards). Curumo then was appointed overall leader of the group.[2]

The five wizards arrived at the Grey Havens in the west of Eriador around the year 1000. Only the keeper of the havens, Círdan the Shipwright, knew Saruman's identity and origin. Saruman would later discover that Círdan had given Narya, the Red Ring, to Gandalf upon their first landing in Middle-earth. Even though Saruman was immediately considered the head of the order while Gandalf was not, Círdan had divined Gandalf as the wisest and greatest of the wizards. Saruman's jealousy of Gandalf grew from these events, perhaps because he feared that he would eventually supplant him as chief of wizards.

Saruman and the two Blue Wizards went into the east of Middle-earth. After one and a half millennia, he returned to the west, just as Sauron's power was growing again in Dol Guldur.

The White Council
When the White Council was formed at approximately year 2463 of the Third Age in order to counter Sauron, Saruman was appointed its leader, though Galadriel wanted Gandalf in this position. Saruman refused to step down due to his pride, while Gandalf had declined. At this point Saruman had begun to sense the resurgence of Sauron and to envy and desire his power, and especially the One Ring. This was also the same year that the One Ring was taken by the Halfling Sméagol (later called Gollum), who disappeared with it into the Misty Mountains for hundreds of years. It was during the meetings of the Council that Saruman first noted Gandalf's interest in Hobbits and The Shire, and believing that all his deeds related to some as yet undisclosed plan of his for self-enhancement, Saruman himself began keeping a greater watch on Gandalf and sent spies to The Shire. At first, he himself visited it secretly but stopped when he realized that its inhabitants had noticed him. Amongst the purposes of his visits was to procure some of the halflings' Pipe-weed, since in secret imitation of Gandalf (and for which he publicly disdained him) he had begun to smoke.

At Isengard
A new power is rising. Against it the old allies and policies will not avail us at all. There is no hope left in Elves or dying Numenor. This then is one choice before you, before us. We may join with that Power. It would be wise, Gandalf. There is hope that way. Its victory is at hand; and there will be rich reward for those that aided it.
—Saruman, speaking to Gandalf - The Fellowship of the Ring, "The Council of Elrond"

In the year TA 2759, Saruman settled in Isengard with the permission of the Steward of Gondor, Beren, although he settled only as Warden of the Tower and representative of the Steward (the stronghold had by then been abandoned by Gondor). There he became important in the informal alliance defending the west of Middle-earth. In the tower of Isengard, Orthanc, he also found one of the remaining Palantíri.

In TA 2850, Gandalf entered Dol Guldur and confirmed that the evil presence was indeed Sauron. By Saruman's advice, the White Council decided against attacking Dol Guldur. Gandalf would later remark that it was at this council meeting that he first began to suspect that Saruman desired to possess the One Ring. Saruman's real intention was to permit Sauron to build up his strength, so that the One Ring would reveal itself. He later found that Sauron had more knowledge of the possible location of the One Ring than he expected, and in TA 2941, Saruman finally agreed to attack Dol Guldur. The attack was successful, and by the devices of Saruman, Sauron was driven from the fortress.

Ten years after Sauron abandoned Dol Guldur, he returned to Mordor and declared himself openly. He established contact with Saruman through the Palantír captured from Minas Ithil, which had since become known as Minas Morgul. The White Wizard lost the contest of wills with the Dark Lord and was enticed, becoming a servant of Sauron. He no longer opposed him, but desired his victory (though he retained his desire for the Ruling Ring). Taking Isengard for his own in TA 2953, Saruman began to trouble the borders of Rohan with Orc and Dunlending raids, whilst keeping hidden any evidence of his treachery. In preparation for the war, Saruman amassed a mighty army of Orcs, Uruk-hai, Half-orcs, wicked Men and Wolves within Isengard and kept up the façade of his allegiance to Sauron while searching for the Ring. Little did he know that his master was already aware of his thoughts, despite having failed to dominate him fully.

When Gandalf presented Saruman with the discovery and the location of the One Ring, Saruman revealed his desire for it and that he was in thrall to Sauron. He had also shed the title of Saruman the White; Saruman no longer had any loyalty to the White Council, or the Ring-bearer. He tried unsuccessfully to gain Gandalf's aid. When Gandalf refused to join with either him or Sauron, Saruman held him captive in Isengard. Gandalf later escaped with help from Gwaihir the Windlord, one of Middle-earth's large Eagles, and made Saruman's treachery known to the rest of the White Council.

The Beginning of the End

By one account, the Nazgûl came two days after Gandalf's escape and Saruman used his Voice to persuade the Lord of the Nazgûl that he did not know the Ring's location but that Gandalf did and they should seek him nearby. After the Nazgûl heard this they went back on the main road rode along and instead found Gríma Wormtongue (who was on his way to tell Saruman that Gandalf had been to Edoras) who revealed that Saruman was hiding his knowledge of the Shire from them, proving that the wizard's allegiance to Sauron was a sham.

By another account, Saruman only discovered that Gandalf had escaped when the Nazgûl arrived. He had been, according to this account, about to beg Gandalf for forgiveness and help, only to find him gone. To evade the danger at hand and enticed by the thought of being Sauron's servant alone or gaining the Ring, he pretended that Gandalf was still there and that the latter had just been forced to tell the location of the Shire. The Nazgûl later learned that Saruman knew far more than he had revealed. On their way to the Shire, the Nazgûl met one of the wizard's informants in Eriador, from whom they got detailed maps of the Shire made by Saruman. They sent the spy back to the Shire after warning him that he was now in the service of Mordor (the Dunlending in the Inn of the Prancing Pony).

Believing that he would find no pity from either quarter (a false assumption, since he was later offered pardon by Gandalf) and that he had lost chance of rising in Sauron's favour; Saruman now put all efforts into obtaining the One Ring for himself. Not all of these efforts ever became known, but they included sending spies to waylay Frodo Baggins on his flight from the Shire (Bill Ferny in Bree), attacking Rohan outright with Orcs and dispatching raiding parties of Uruk-hai accompanied by Orcs from the Misty Mountains on likely routes the Fellowship of the Ring might take through Rohan to go towards Gondor. One of those companies captured Pippin and Merry and shot Boromir "with many black-feathered arrows" when he tried to defend the Hobbits. This led Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli on a search which eventually led to the Battle of Helms Deep as well as the Destruction of Isengard by the Ents under Treebeard, leading to Sauron losing one of his most potent servants and the end of Saruman's reign of terror in the north.

Following the Ents' destruction of Isengard, Saruman found himself confined to Orthanc and his servants scattered or killed. After the arrival of Théoden, Gandalf, Aragorn, and the remaining members of the Fellowship, Saruman made one final unsuccessful attempt to turn Théoden and Gandalf over to evil. The latter then offered Saruman a chance for redemption, which involved surrendering his staff and the Keys of Orthanc as a pledge. Saruman had a moment of doubt but in the end pride, anger, envy, fear and hate won over and he refused the chance of redemption.

Gandalf, who had returned from death to supplant Saruman, as the White and the head of the Istari, expelled Saruman from the order and broke his staff. Saruman also lost the Palantír of Orthanc when Gríma Wormtongue threw it off a balcony of Orthanc, undecided about which he hated more, Saruman or Gandalf, and hitting neither.

Final fall
Left out of the final stages of the War of the Ring, Saruman eventually managed to persuade the Ents who kept him captive into letting him leave Isengard after he met the conditions of handing over the Keys of Orthanc. He then went to the Shire, which his ally Lotho Sackville-Baggins had brought under control. He spent his final days as a small-time criminal master in Hobbiton known as Sharkey (from the Orkish sharkû, meaning "old man"), until he was overthrown in the Battle of Bywater. In the aftermath of that battle Frodo confronted Saruman and exiled him from the Shire, but before he could leave, Gríma Wormtongue killed Saruman by slitting his throat with a dagger, on the very doorstep of Bag End.

Legacy
After his departure from Orthanc, King Elessar entered the tower with the intent of re-ordering that realm. Inside, Elessar's men found many treasures that Saruman had conned off of King Théoden. There was a secret closet that could only be found with the aid of Gimli; it contained the original Elendilmir, which had presumed to be lost forever when Isildur perished in the Gladden Fields, as well as a golden chain which was presumed to have once borne the One Ring.[3]

Fate
Saruman, being a Maia, did not truly die. His spirit separated from his body much like his master Sauron's after the Downfall of Númenor. As an incorporeal spirit, he should have been called to the Halls of Mandos, but the tale implies that he was barred from returning. Tolkien indicated that his spirit was left naked, powerless and wandering, never to return to Middle-earth:

Whereas Curunir was cast down, and utterly humbled, and perished at last by the hand of an oppressed slave; and his spirit went whither-soever it was doomed to go, and to Middle-earth, whether naked or embodied, came never back.
—Saruman's fate

Names:

Curumo is the Quenya name for Saruman. Its Tengwar spelling is aU7Ut^, and its IPA pronunciation is [ˈkurumo]. Curumo means "Skilled Man" or "Cunning One".
Curunír is the Sindarin name for Saruman the White. It roughly translates to mean "man of skill". Curunir was the original name given to Saruman as the leader of the Wizards, or Istari, who first came to Middle-earth to combat the evils of Sauron. Late in the Third Age around the time of the War of the Ring, this name was less known and rarely used save among the Elves and even rarely used by them except for their leaders, such as Elrond in Rivendell, Celeborn and Galadriel in Lothlórien, and Círdan at the Grey Havens.
Saruman as called by Gandalf, Men in Rohan, and Men in most other places.
Sharku is the name given to him by his Uruk-Hai meaning in Black Speech "Old Man".
Sharkey, a form of the word is later used by the Ruffians at the Shire, from "Sharku".
Powers and abilities
Saruman's status as chief of the Wizards and head of the White Council (before Gandalf) gave him arsenal to a variety of powers. Though he would eventually be defeated by Gandalf the White, Saruman's powers and abilities were very mighty indeed at the peak of his power, and he managed to imprison Gandalf the Grey. Gandalf described Saruman as an individual of great knowledge, cunning, and skill. He was capably of breeding his own Uruk-hai, and had many spies, be they walking on two legs or birds, that escaped detection. He was extremely learned in Ringlore and mechanics, and his knowledge enabled him to create great forges and explosives that could breach the walls of Helm's Deep and burn an Ent to death. Unfortunately, it was Saruman's extensive knowledge of the Rings of Power that was one of the reason leading to his downfall, as he became enamored of the power of the rings, and particularly the One Ring.

He was well-versed in magic, one spell he displayed giving speed and strength to the Orcs who had kidnapped Merry and Pippin while obstructing Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. By far Saruman's greatest power (and the only one he was able to retain after the downfall of Isengard), however, is speech. He seems to have the ability to bend any but the absolute strongest minds to his will, simply by speaking to them. Even with Isengard broken and Saruman's treachery revealed, Gandalf had to be very careful, Saruman could ensnare almost anyone with the power of his voice, few can contend with his will. Gandalf was not drawn into this power when he confronted Saruman; in trying to enchant some in the company, he left others out of his designs, and thus could not ensnare everyone at once. However, even in this situation, it is said that only Gandalf himself remained totally unmoved. Aragorn stated during this time that few other than Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel could resist his voice, even at this point. Saruman later used his persuasive power to escape Orthanc, convincing Treebeard to let him go.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Asteria »

In post 801, Andante wrote:
In post 797, Save The Dragons wrote:andante how do you handle pressure in chat mafia (you're the one who said you played that, right?)

haha that's easier cause I now the game is like 20 minutes long, and after that I can just stop playing... this?? it's like IRL days/weeks of pressure lol I hate pressure, I break under it too, take it more as a joke as scum
I can sympathize with that. I started on this site with a background of 1 or 2 day deadline games and they were much faster paced with much less extended pressure.

What do you mean by you take it more as a joke as scum? You mean if you were to be pressured you crack as town but you're better at brushing it off as scum?
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:55 am

Post by VFP »

I've changed my mind on Pooky actually.

Andante does have a high chance of scum imo.
But right now Robert isn't getting any pressure.

VOTE: Robert

For a slot that is coming across as so scummy there's lack of pressure here.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:56 am

In post 854, VFP wrote:I've changed my mind on Pooky actually.
why
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Asteria »

In post 847, Save The Dragons wrote:I know Pooky likes to play around but i'm not sure how normal this is for him if anyone has a better handle on this i'd love to hear it.
So far this just seems like normal D1 Pooky to me
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:02 am

do you have any games that back that up? i'll try to take a look as well.
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Asteria »

In post 857, Save The Dragons wrote:do you have any games that back that up? i'll try to take a look as well.
I don't since I don't want to out my main but I'm sure you could just skim his most recent games
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:28 am

Post by VFP »

Change of thought and the wagon isn't a promising one.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:43 pm

pooky, is robert a servant of darkness or one of the fellows in the fellowship
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:55 pm

I am unsure about Robert.

He might be aligned with Darkness but actually good-siding through incompetence like Gollum.

Ofc he can always join me and be guided by my vision.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:02 pm

VOTE: Andante
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by osuka »

i am drunk

should i initiate drunkposting

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Okay I’m back.

@osuka, yes you should.

I’ll be catching up soon. I’m also around for a few hours.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:01 pm

In post 863, osuka wrote:i am drunk

are you better at catching scum when drunk?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:06 pm

UNLEASH HELLFIRE UPON THE INNOCENTS
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:06 pm

In post 864, Andresvmb wrote:Okay I’m back.

@osuka, yes you should.

I’ll be catching up soon. I’m also around for a few hours.

THIS MIGHT BE ARAGORN OR THAT REALLY TROLLY DWARF MAN
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Definitely Aragorn.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 865, Save The Dragons wrote:

are you better at catching scum when drunk?
im better at everything when im drunk

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 866, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

UNLEASH HELLFIRE UPON THE INNOCENTS
i SHALL DESTRYO THE UNIVERSER

literally im gonna catch all the scum in this game and some scum in other games. if you kill ~everyone~, that means you kill all the scum, which means you win the game right???

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:37 pm

In post 868, Andresvmb wrote:
Definitely Aragorn.

HE ADMITS IT
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by osuka »

holy shit i got some crab dip and fries and this is reALLY good

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:40 pm

you make me hungry for the blood of innocents
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:16 pm