Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:08 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 589, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 586, VFP wrote:
In post 574, Lukewarm wrote:Hopefully, everyone sees the discrepancy here. So it seems to me, like he was making up a story to try and get people to agree with his push at the time, and did not realize that he had already made up the exact opposite story. This reeks of scum trying to manipulate town.
This is a really good post and a good spot.
If you read the context to Pear's posts they are even worse. It's the before and after having NorwegianboyEE as scum.
Just adapting the comment to suit their agenda.
It's not, both of those thing can be true
Looking at the context is why I did not buy his counter argument that both were true. First here is a break down of the two anecdotes:

Spoiler: Anecdote 1
In his last game, he scum read someone for being helpful, but they were actually
town
, and therefore he lost the game.
Spoiler: Anecdote 2
In his last game, he town read someone for being helpful, but they were actually
scum

Now I am pretty sure that Anecdote 1 is a true anecdote, and Anecdote 2 is a false one that Pear made up to push a particular narrative.

Here is the context for . Marci town reads NorwegianBoy for being town, and Pear is trying to make the point "being helpful is NAI" and he tells Anecdote 1. But imo, if BOTH anecdotes are true, then why would he not have used Anecdote 2? That anecdote would prove the point better, but because anecdote 1 kind-of-sort-of works, he did not feel the need to lie. In general, scum tries to avoid lying when possible.

And next the context of post 419. Norwegianboy is under fire, and Pear is trying to make the argument "Norwegianboy is scum, despite him being helpful earlier, and we should hammer him." Suddenly, anecdote 1 doesn't work to push that narrative. If anything, telling the true anecdote 1, would indicate that we should not have voted Norwegian boy, because in that story, the person turned out to be town all along. So Pear, who wants to make the case that we should vote out Norwegianboy, creates the false anecdote 2, adjusting the first one to make it fit within the new narrative he is trying to push. And he just did not remember that he has already shared the original story, like 8 irl days earlier.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:09 am

Post by catboi »

In post 595, Not_Mafia wrote:Why aren't you trying to get people on marci, the leading wagon
That's clearly my preference, just wanted to get my feelings on lukewarm out there
marcistar wrote:
In post 596, Meuh wrote:We do need to consolidate on something, I'd say Marci should probably claim? Not that much time left
How much times left..? I'm so confused because my forum times show up different from irl time so im not sure about that IWOHFDS
The timers in mod posts will tell you regardless of time zone, the most recent one is just over 22 hours
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:10 am

Post by catboi »

In post 600, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 589, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 586, VFP wrote:
In post 574, Lukewarm wrote:Hopefully, everyone sees the discrepancy here. So it seems to me, like he was making up a story to try and get people to agree with his push at the time, and did not realize that he had already made up the exact opposite story. This reeks of scum trying to manipulate town.
This is a really good post and a good spot.
If you read the context to Pear's posts they are even worse. It's the before and after having NorwegianboyEE as scum.
Just adapting the comment to suit their agenda.
It's not, both of those thing can be true
Looking at the context is why I did not buy his counter argument that both were true. First here is a break down of the two anecdotes:

Spoiler: Anecdote 1
In his last game, he scum read someone for being helpful, but they were actually
town
Spoiler: Anecdote 2
In his last game, he town read someone for being helpful, but they were actually
scum

Now I am pretty sure that Anecdote 1 is a true anecdote, and Anecdote 2 is a false one that Pear made up to push a particular narrative.

Here is the context for . Marci town reads NorwegianBoy for being town, and Pear is trying to make the point "being helpful is NAI" and he tells Anecdote 1. But imo, if BOTH anecdotes are true, then why would he not have used Anecdote 2? That anecdote would prove the point better, but because anecdote 1 kind-of-sort-of works, he did not feel the need to lie. In general, scum tries to avoid lying when possible.

And next the context of post 419. Norwegianboy is under fire, and Pear is trying to make the argument "Norwegianboy is scum, despite him being helpful earlier, and we should hammer him." Suddenly, anecdote 1 doesn't work to push that narrative. If anything, telling the true anecdote 1, would indicate that we should not have voted Norwegian boy, because in that story, the person turned out to be town all along. So Pear, who wants to make the case that we should vote out Norwegianboy, creates the false anecdote 2, adjusting the first one to make it fit within the new narrative he is trying to push. And he just did not remember that he has already shared the original story, like 8 irl days earlier.
No one does this, even as scum
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:11 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 599, marcistar wrote:
In post 596, Meuh wrote:We do need to consolidate on something, I'd say Marci should probably claim? Not that much time left
How much times left..? I'm so confused because my forum times show up different from irl time so im not sure about that IWOHFDS
21 hours, 20 minutes
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:13 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 598, Not_Mafia wrote:Meuh vote marci
No reason to rush it, I will in a few hours but more discussion is better
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:19 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 599, marcistar wrote:
User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Set Timezone
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:20 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 601, catboi wrote:posts will tell you regardless of time zone, the most recent one is just over 22 hours
AH WAIT DOES IT ACTUALLY- :cry: i thought it was just a still time, does it move :0

Anyways I see meuhs debating on voting me, and I got alot of hw to do today so I think i'll just claim because idk if I would be able to come back before that.

I'm tracker, i visited meuh and she wasn't visiting anyone.
In post 605, Not_Mafia wrote:User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Set Timezone
Ahhh ty :cry: :cry: i've been wondering so long.. daylight savings confused me so much in my recent games LOL
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:22 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

marci vote VFP
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:22 am

Post by catboi »

UNVOTE:

I thought she had been softing that but honestly I wanted the claim to be out in the open. This doesn't fully clear Meuh since mafia can multitask but it makes her more likely town than not
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Or better yet we flashwagon catboi
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:25 am

Post by catboi »

VOTE: VFP

I guess I'll compromise. I don't think I fos not_mafia anymore.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:25 am

Post by Meuh »

OPE that explains the shift in her read on me
I confirm that info btw
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:26 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 602, catboi wrote:No one does this, even as scum
No one makes up personal anecdotes, to try and win an argument? Like that is a perfectly valid strategy to win an argument.

I know that I have made up stories when scum, and from my own experience, if I am going to make up an anecdote, I tend to start my lie from something that is close to the truth.

Spoiler:
see what I did there :lol:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I would prefer we vote pear, but am willing to vote catboi is no one else wants to follow me in the pear wagon
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:35 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

What about VFP?
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:37 am

Post by VFP »

In post 569, catboi wrote:I do think VFP is probably townie.
In post 610, catboi wrote:VOTE: VFP

A bit of a change of heart there?

I can lim Catboi today as it's probably just catboi and Pear with NM as the back up.
was just basically trying to get a confirmation of a PR.

VOTE: Catboi
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I don't have a scum read on VFP atm. I currently have them as a null read. I would need some good arguments built around him being scum before I would be willing to vote for him.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:40 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Vote catboi then
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:40 am

Post by catboi »

In post 615, VFP wrote:
In post 569, catboi wrote:I do think VFP is probably townie.
In post 610, catboi wrote:VOTE: VFP

A bit of a change of heart there?

I can lim Catboi today as it's probably just catboi and Pear with NM as the back up.
was just basically trying to get a confirmation of a PR.

VOTE: Catboi
Yes, actually. My previous scumread was wrong, I'm rethinking N_M, I don't buy the wagon on pear whatsoever. My preference would be lukewarm over you since in my view his reasoning is just blatantly scummy but beggars can't be choosers.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:42 am

Post by VFP »

In post 618, catboi wrote:Yes, actually. My previous scumread was wrong, I'm rethinking N_M, I don't buy the wagon on pear whatsoever. My preference would be lukewarm over you since in my view his reasoning is just blatantly scummy but beggars can't be choosers.
Where did you think Marci was softing?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:44 am

Post by catboi »

In post 529, marcistar wrote:
In post 528, Meuh wrote:So yeah in conclusion, Marci's train of logic on her read on the Catboi/me/Sama slot trio doesn't really make sense, especially her read on me. If Marci is elimed and flips red, N_M looks absolutely terrible, considering the way she handled the day. However, she still has plenty of possibilities for a teammate, as she wasn't heavily discussed yesterday (and therefore doesn't actually have much interactions we can POE scumpairs off of) and has been very non-confrontational. Her only day 1 vote was the one on me.
I think it's worth mentioning that Marci is generally a non-confrontational player, so it's not
too
scummy as to how she handled day 1, but I still think town!Marci would be slightly more aggressive than she was.
Ahh, I didn't think I feel like this, but I guess I do LOL.
I really townread you rn, because I thought of stuff during the night :? Clearer mind :cool:

so im not as badass as i am in my mind ?? :cry: :cry:
Fir the record as mafia here I probably unvote when I see this and don't press her further so I can hopefully NK her without doc protection.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:45 am

Post by catboi »

Meh. Maybe I shouldn't be rethinking N_M so much but I really don't have a good clue
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 606, marcistar wrote:
In post 601, catboi wrote:posts will tell you regardless of time zone, the most recent one is just over 22 hours
AH WAIT DOES IT ACTUALLY- :cry: i thought it was just a still time, does it move :0

Anyways I see meuhs debating on voting me, and I got alot of hw to do today so I think i'll just claim because idk if I would be able to come back before that.

I'm tracker, i visited meuh and she wasn't visiting anyone.
In post 605, Not_Mafia wrote:User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Set Timezone
Ahhh ty :cry: :cry: i've been wondering so long.. daylight savings confused me so much in my recent games LOL
Everyone probably knows this, but it is a newbie game, so might as well make sure; you can counter claim this even if you are not the tracker. A tracker and a cop cannot be in the same game, so a cop in addition to a tracker, can counter claim this
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:53 am

Post by VFP »

In post 620, catboi wrote:Fir the record as mafia here I probably unvote when I see this and don't press her further so I can hopefully NK her without doc protection.
So you thought that this post was a hint to being a PR?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:02 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 620, catboi wrote:
In post 529, marcistar wrote:
In post 528, Meuh wrote:So yeah in conclusion, Marci's train of logic on her read on the Catboi/me/Sama slot trio doesn't really make sense, especially her read on me. If Marci is elimed and flips red, N_M looks absolutely terrible, considering the way she handled the day. However, she still has plenty of possibilities for a teammate, as she wasn't heavily discussed yesterday (and therefore doesn't actually have much interactions we can POE scumpairs off of) and has been very non-confrontational. Her only day 1 vote was the one on me.
I think it's worth mentioning that Marci is generally a non-confrontational player, so it's not
too
scummy as to how she handled day 1, but I still think town!Marci would be slightly more aggressive than she was.
Ahh, I didn't think I feel like this, but I guess I do LOL.
I really townread you rn, because I thought of stuff during the night :? Clearer mind :cool:

so im not as badass as i am in my mind ?? :cry: :cry:
Fir the record as mafia here I probably unvote when I see this and don't press her further so I can hopefully NK her without doc protection.
Doc
protection :shifty: what's up with that?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”