Newbie 2061 | Views of Tallinn | Town wins

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:53 am

Post by catboi »

In post 823, Meuh wrote:wait no
Spoiler:
Welcome!

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

for some reason the card is different here from the wiki?
Multi-tasking is setup dependent. Newbie games have multi-tasking by default for balance purposes. Setup-specific rules always override general ones on the wiki.

Strictly speaking, no one is ~fully~ cleared, as mafia could intentionally take no action, but that would be highly unusual on night 1. You're effectively cleared because the roleblocker would visit on night 1. Assuming Not_Mafia was truthful about targeting Pear, I would consider them clear because most teams would have the goon carry the kill on night 1. I also just don't think VFP was trying to bus his roleblocker after subbing in. So you and Pear are both still 99% ton in my book.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:59 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 825, catboi wrote:
In post 823, Meuh wrote:wait no
Spoiler:
Welcome!

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

for some reason the card is different here from the wiki?
Multi-tasking is setup dependent. Newbie games have multi-tasking by default for balance purposes. Setup-specific rules always override general ones on the wiki.

Strictly speaking, no one is ~fully~ cleared, as mafia could intentionally take no action, but that would be highly unusual on night 1. You're effectively cleared because the roleblocker would visit on night 1. Assuming Not_Mafia was truthful about targeting Pear, I would consider them clear because most teams would have the goon carry the kill on night 1. I also just don't think VFP was trying to bus his roleblocker after subbing in. So you and Pear are both still 99% ton in my book.
Gotcha! Yeah I think we can pretty safely narrow it down to Lukewarm, you and T3, and we shouldn't be eliming you today.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:32 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Okay, I went through the isos for [T3/Torri], Catboi, and [Sama/VFP] looking for partner / anti-partner posts, and they have not made this easy...

Both the T3/tori slot and catboi have the same general trajectory: They town lean the sama/vfp slot, even defending the slot when other people are suspicious. But once Not_Mafia says for everyone to vote for VFP, and they both vote VFP and make the case that he is a good vote. And then both eventually leave the VFP vote (T3 to push catboi, catboi to push me).

So no matter what, the scum town leaned their partner, bussed them when Not_Mafia said to vote VFP, and then got cold feet at the last min. But that sentence could describe either of them T_T

And looking at the Sama/VFP slot is contradictory as well. Sama has a scum read on Tori/T3 slot and a town read on catboi. VFP has a town read on T3/Tori slot and a scum read on catboi.

VFP insisting that T3 is clear, after it looks like VFP is getting voted out, is a WIFOM inducing moment. Is he trying to get the town to stop considering T3 is scum, or does he think that clearing him will draw him under suspicion after his red flip.

I think I am just praying that Marci can track clear someone today. If she can clear any one of us [me, catboi, or T3] it is an auto win. Scum must be in that group, so if anyone of us is tracker cleared, then town can kill off both of the others and we win.

If I had to choose, I think I would actually choose T3 as the partner. Mainly because he kept self clearing himself at the end of the day, trying to set up an “easy game, gg, we already won this” idea in the thread.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:36 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 824, Meuh wrote:so ig we aren't cleared? that's weird :eek:
You both are still cleared imo.

VFP was the goon, so his partner would be the Roleblocker. So when you were tracked, you would have moved as the Roleblocker, but you didn't.

And then Pear is clear, because VFP pushed hard on pear right out the gate on Day 2.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:39 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I typed my longer post, before the day started.
If Not_Mafia was a Jailkeeper, not the Doc, then Mafia has a Roleblocker. Marci probably does not get to clear anyone today :dead:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:40 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 828, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 824, Meuh wrote:so ig we aren't cleared? that's weird :eek:
You both are still cleared imo.

VFP was the goon, so his partner would be the Roleblocker. So when you were tracked, you would have moved as the Roleblocker, but you didn't.

And then Pear is clear, because VFP pushed hard on pear right out the gate on Day 2.
I mean we're
cleared
, just not
confirmed
, like there still are some theoretical scenarios where one of us can be scum is what I was trying to say but yeah, there's no reason for us to be pushed :cool:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:42 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 829, Lukewarm wrote:I typed my longer post, before the day started.
If Not_Mafia was a Jailkeeper, not the Doc, then Mafia has a Roleblocker. Marci probably does not get to clear anyone today :dead:
roleblocking Marci defo was the proper play for scum but you never know! :eek:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 624, Meuh wrote:
In post 620, catboi wrote:
In post 529, marcistar wrote:
In post 528, Meuh wrote:So yeah in conclusion, Marci's train of logic on her read on the Catboi/me/Sama slot trio doesn't really make sense, especially her read on me. If Marci is elimed and flips red, N_M looks absolutely terrible, considering the way she handled the day. However, she still has plenty of possibilities for a teammate, as she wasn't heavily discussed yesterday (and therefore doesn't actually have much interactions we can POE scumpairs off of) and has been very non-confrontational. Her only day 1 vote was the one on me.
I think it's worth mentioning that Marci is generally a non-confrontational player, so it's not
too
scummy as to how she handled day 1, but I still think town!Marci would be slightly more aggressive than she was.
Ahh, I didn't think I feel like this, but I guess I do LOL.
I really townread you rn, because I thought of stuff during the night :? Clearer mind :cool:

so im not as badass as i am in my mind ?? :cry: :cry:
Fir the record as mafia here I probably unvote when I see this and don't press her further so I can hopefully NK her without doc protection.
Doc
protection :shifty: what's up with that?
I know some people were scum reading catboi for saying doc protection, when we did not know if there was a doc or not. Well now that we know for sure we do not have a doc, this is actually a good look for him. Scum would have known I'm definitely leaning towards T3 atm
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 832, Lukewarm wrote:Scum would have known I'm definitely leaning towards T3 atm
Scum would have known
that we had a jailkeeper, not a doc
. I'm definitely leaning towards T3 atm
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:57 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 832, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 624, Meuh wrote:
In post 528, Meuh wrote:So yeah in conclusion, Marci's train of logic on her read on the Catboi/me/Sama slot trio doesn't really make sense, especially her read on me. If Marci is elimed and flips red, N_M looks absolutely terrible, considering the way she handled the day. However, she still has plenty of possibilities for a teammate, as she wasn't heavily discussed yesterday (and therefore doesn't actually have much interactions we can POE scumpairs off of) and has been very non-confrontational. Her only day 1 vote was the one on me.
I think it's worth mentioning that Marci is generally a non-confrontational player, so it's not
too
scummy as to how she handled day 1, but I still think town!Marci would be slightly more aggressive than she was.
I really townread you rn, because I thought of stuff during the night :? Clearer mind :cool:

Fir the record as mafia here I probably unvote when I see this and don't press her further so I can hopefully NK her without doc protection.
Doc
I know some people were scum reading catboi for saying doc protection, when we did not know if there was a doc or not. Well now that we know for sure we do not have a doc, this is actually a good look for him. Scum would have known I'm definitely leaning towards T3 atm
I don't think this really means too much, I could see this coming from both scum!Catboi and town!Catboi, agreed on T3 being significantly scummier though, let's elim him :twisted:
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:08 am

Post by marcistar »

goodmorning guys :good: my teacher ended our class a bit early today shes so nice :cry: :cry:
-
i got a no result, does that mean i got rbed? i'm a bit confused what that means :shifty:
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:14 am

Post by catboi »

In the event that marcistar was blocked, I would assume, based on his reads, that Not_Mafia targeted Lukewarm, which would again make T3 the likely vote fmpov. (I also think it's somewhat less likely that both mafia members would choose to push pear together, but that's not a guaranteed thing).

p-edit: ah, yeah, no result means you were roleblocked. Means we don't have auto but we can still make some assumptions about who N_M targeted.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:22 am

Post by catboi »

In post 112, Samawoodo wrote:
In post 82, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:OOOOOHHH I just got voted how nice ummm I mean I haven't really done much either...Ok here's a sus, @NorwegianboyEE maybe...? I mean they seem kinda mean...hehehe
It was not about what you did, it was about what you could do and how :)

Actually
In post 87, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:Uhhh I've played a few mafia games but not in this format..(how does one quote)

I'm not sure yet but I think there's at least one mafia between Meuh, Norweegian, and iN3kor
In post 95, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:Umm "I think there's at least one mafia between Meuh, Norweegian, and iN3kor" When I play mafia, I usually narrow down to a group of people that all act differently(this could be just the person but...). At that moment, I though meuh was quite odd because of how they had some interesting early town reads, then also Norweegian I thought was constantly talking about somewhat random mafia-ish topics(distracting?), and iN3krO is just kinda coasty(maybe only at the moment idk) So...
I like what you said about Meuh, and i dont like the timing when marcistar said they knew irl (but it could be just a coincidence) thought it could help us to understand the interactions between them.

I'm not agree with Norweegian thought, could you tell me where those (random mafia-ish) posts are?
In post 141, Samawoodo wrote:
In post 115, Meuh wrote: If you like the reasoning against me because of the early townreads, could you explain why you find it suspicious at all? I've never really seen anyone think of early reads as an inherently scummy thing and I've already explained that doing things like that are very much a playstyle thing
It's something interesting to point, that's why i liked it. Is not about having early townreads, is the content about that. It was kinda meh at first, then it improved. As i said, im going to follow your interactions with marci close :cop: :cop:

Actually, your next post are leading more townie for me right now, so i wouldn't care too much about that

Btw, im still waiting for toriiii about we asked (norwegian posts i mean)
In post 143, Samawoodo wrote:
In post 95, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:then also Norweegian I thought was constantly talking about somewhat random mafia-ish topics(distracting?),
Im talking about that in my previous post actually. Still waiting for that "mafia-ish topics" :roll:

Btw i didn't want to say anything about that (yet) it because many of you have pointed it already, and it would be easy for me to just "jump" onto that train right now, but yeah, in3kro D1 is starting to be kinda sus, because activity and because the "content" of his posts :?.
This type of interaction is, I think, potentially partner-y between torii and samawoodo. He's making a point of questioning her and interacting with her, even makes mention of wanting a reply from her, but their conversation is very neutral - he's just asking her questions, saying he likes a thing she said but disagrees with another. There's no pressure exerted here despite having his RVS vote down on her.

Note also the shade throwin in3kro's way at the end of the last post.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:25 am

Post by catboi »

In post 202, Samawoodo wrote:Toriii low profile is kinda sus (and didn't answer the fact he is suspecting one of the stronger townie reads (from my poe as i said), dunno if is lack of reading, or just random pointing), but i cant talk too much about low profiles because my participation is just "enough" (being generous with myself)

iN3kro feels kinda scummy aswell.
The reads here also lend support to T3-scum - he gives an explanation on tori being "kinda sus" but packs in an excuse at the end about how he "cant talk too much about low profiles" - I don't think he dampens this read if it's on a townie. Meanwhile the post about in3 is just one-line shade.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:30 am

Post by catboi »

On the other hand, Sama barely mentioned in3, which makes it hard to draw much in the way of conclusions. I still think these posts from in3 would be a bold move for a roleblocker starting off day 2 after a blocked kill:
In post 436, iN3krO wrote:I'm no jailkeeper so I didn't jail a scumread.

Let's update my PoE

VOTE: SamaWoodo
In post 451, iN3krO wrote:
In post 447, catboi wrote:
In post 436, iN3krO wrote:I'm no jailkeeper so I didn't jail a scumread.

Let's update my PoE

VOTE: SamaWoodo
Why samawoodo?
He was neutral for me in D1 and clearly my reads were off so I think it's better to start there (since T3 picked up the pace compared to Tori)
Granted, I've seen some fairly nonsensical buses before, but I think the indicators are more favorable for Lukewarm overall.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:33 am

Post by catboi »

In post 477, T3 wrote:Meuh and NM ar hard townreads. Meuh is actively contributing, giving reasons and there were quite a few bad votes on NM yesterday.
Pear is town for showing a solvey attitude and willingness to consider others POV while giving valid reasoning.
I am town becuase I am.
catboi is leanscum. It seems to me like all catboi is doing here is justifocations and excuses.
Sama has not soneanything, we wait for the replacement and see.
in3 is leanscum for the reasons outline in Meuh's post.
marci is scum for a general faked tone, questioning jailkeeper results, and fluffing without any real reads.

Sama is not a good vote for today.
This...is not good. T3 had surprisingly little to say about Samawoodo.
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:43 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

Well, I'm glad everyone's on the same page as me.
I'd typed up a whole thing on T3 after getting suspicious of him overnight.

I'll still share it when I get back to my computer later, obviously, but for now I'm wondering about T3.

Well. I'll share it provided Catboi doesn't make it completely redundant, lol
"I imagine he/she is a sociopath with subtle degrees of manipulation who is posing as a newbie."
-Clidd, Newbie 2018
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:05 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 840, catboi wrote:
In post 477, T3 wrote:Meuh and NM ar hard townreads. Meuh is actively contributing, giving reasons and there were quite a few bad votes on NM yesterday.
Pear is town for showing a solvey attitude and willingness to consider others POV while giving valid reasoning.
I am town becuase I am.
catboi is leanscum. It seems to me like all catboi is doing here is justifocations and excuses.
Sama has not soneanything, we wait for the replacement and see.
in3 is leanscum for the reasons outline in Meuh's post.
marci is scum for a general faked tone, questioning jailkeeper results, and fluffing without any real reads.

Sama is not a good vote for today.
This...is not good. T3 had surprisingly little to say about Samawoodo.
Also the defense is one to easily hop off of later, by justifying pushing back against Sama as something done because of:
-Lack of content
-Replacement incoming
I think scum have an easier time defending other scum using policy reasoning since it's easier to shift the read and defend it later down the line, by saying their push was caused by personal beliefs beyond their role and therefore NAI
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:39 am

Post by Meuh »

Can't wait for that juicy Pear post :cool:
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:48 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: T3
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 834, Meuh wrote:
In post 832, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 624, Meuh wrote:
too

Doc
I don't think this really means too much, I could see this coming from both scum!Catboi and town!Catboi, agreed on T3 being significantly scummier though, let's elim him :twisted:
I meant more, "if you were scum reading catboi because he knew we had a doc" then that no longer makes sense lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 844, T3 wrote:VOTE: T3
oop
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:50 am

Post by T3 »

Luke is obvious town.
Vote catboi tomorrow.
The end.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Meuh »

what an opening :shifty:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 847, T3 wrote:Luke is obvious town.
Vote catboi tomorrow.
The end.
Wait, no one told me I was obviously town :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”