Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 147, unwnd wrote:Some recent games I have indeed been a bit of a prick. It wasn't intentional on my part but I get really tilted by some things. One of them is how I want the game to played, which usually contrasts with how it's played. My understanding of You/Ana right now is that you're social players and feed off the energy of the room, while not getting caught up in details. I think that behavior is the most easily faked and something that is harder to read because of it.
Ok but do you think we are scum trying to pretend to be town?

Your explanation is pedantic without substance.

If you think our behavior is NAI I don't see the point of pretending you are very bothered by it.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 149, unwnd wrote:And you understand I am as well? My point was that we see the game differently and want different things out of it. If I'm being blunt I'm not further to determining your alignment after what happened with you/Briar.
It's fine for you to not give me or Briar alignment points one way or the other - but it has nothing to do with why I found your response to Absinthe scummy.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 143, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 138, Briar wrote:Hey Luke, what's your experience with mafia?
I have completed 2 games on this site (and I am in another).

Before that, I played several games in this mafia discord group that was full of people I knew IRL

And before that, I played a lot of One Night Ultimate Werewolf. Like I would guess at least 100 games, if not more.

But that means most of my experience is with playing with people that I know IRL, and people that I know well. So I felt like I was really good at reading people in those games, but so far on here... :dead: :dead: :dead:
Oh so you've like, played a lot. Huh.

If you're this unconfident I think I want to keep you out of the Gate-group, yeah. If you're town you'd most likely get slapped on the IC role and would be a lot of pressure, and if you're scum I feel like you'd be nervous enough where... it'd be good to be in the Wall group or something where it's just traditional mafia and the two town have to find each other to pick you out as the odd one.

I guess that you could be in any group as scum and it'd just shave off a person that we have to worry about, but really if you're town I think I'd rather have someone more experienced with the players (sorry if I'm like, assuming too little of your play right now) be there to guide us.

What do you think so far like, in general, of the people/what's been said? Do you have a preference between the other two, if you're doubting going to the Gate?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 151, Anastasia wrote:
In post 147, unwnd wrote:Some recent games I have indeed been a bit of a prick. It wasn't intentional on my part but I get really tilted by some things. One of them is how I want the game to played, which usually contrasts with how it's played. My understanding of You/Ana right now is that you're social players and feed off the energy of the room, while not getting caught up in details. I think that behavior is the most easily faked and something that is harder to read because of it.
Ok but do you think we are scum trying to pretend to be town?

Your explanation is pedantic without substance.

If you think our behavior is NAI I don't see the point of pretending you are very bothered by it.
I think that if you're scum you're going to play up your best traits in order to be townread

If you're town, those should come naturally?
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Briar »

I wouldn't describe you as a prick in any of those games, because if that were the case I wouldn't be as friendly with you probably for fear of exacerbating any toxicity in this game. You're a very fun player to be around, Unwnd!!

That being said, I do get why it can be a headache to deal with this which uh, I've been thinking about a lot recently and have teetered back and forth between how I should act versus what is fun so maybe in the near future or even this game I'll try to be a bit more "logical" while still having my fun so that it's a bit easier for everyone else to parse. It's just harder for me at times to verbalize what's basically a gutread off of how someone feels or rather, the way they're sounding portraying that, when it's rooted in how people are getting along with each other a bit beyond just hard solving.

So yeah!
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 148, Anastasia wrote:
In post 145, Briar wrote:And I know I said I would try to tone it down some but this is sort of just my personality and the lens I view this game through, I guess you could say character but that's not quite right, and trying not to be this sort of person just ends up hamstringing my ability to play. Which uh, sucks if people think it's detrimental but meh, what can I do.
I think the way you play is perfectly fine and if anyone thinks its inappropriate or rises to the level of cheating they can make their complaints privately to the moderation staff.
Pfft, despite my last post about my angst over my playstyle, thank you, truly. <3 I appreciate it.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by unwnd »

I think as it stands I think I'd like to see how the room feels about these interactions before I come to my own conclusion

Right now I would give you benefit of the doubt however Briar purely in terms of your openness. I don't know what Ana exactly wants from me but I'm sure we can figure it out.
Stop
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 11, absinthe wrote:
In post 10, fferyllt wrote:
In post 9, unwnd wrote:
In post 8, absinthe wrote:Hello!
In post 6, unwnd wrote:Wall > Gate > Keep is my preference
Keep > Gate > Wall for me
You're confident you can towntell? Or that you don't want to be in a 3-way with me

Either one is cool
I'm pretty confident in my ability to townread town and to be transparent as town.

What are your strengths and weaknesses that drive your preferences?
Whoops!
You hate to see someone slip on an old alt like that, fufufu~ (¬‿¬)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 153, Briar wrote:
In post 143, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 138, Briar wrote:Hey Luke, what's your experience with mafia?
I have completed 2 games on this site (and I am in another).

Before that, I played several games in this mafia discord group that was full of people I knew IRL

And before that, I played a lot of One Night Ultimate Werewolf. Like I would guess at least 100 games, if not more.

But that means most of my experience is with playing with people that I know IRL, and people that I know well. So I felt like I was really good at reading people in those games, but so far on here... :dead: :dead: :dead:
Oh so you've like, played a lot. Huh.

If you're this unconfident I think I want to keep you out of the Gate-group, yeah. If you're town you'd most likely get slapped on the IC role and would be a lot of pressure, and if you're scum I feel like you'd be nervous enough where... it'd be good to be in the Wall group or something where it's just traditional mafia and the two town have to find each other to pick you out as the odd one.

I guess that you could be in any group as scum and it'd just shave off a person that we have to worry about, but really if you're town I think I'd rather have someone more experienced with the players (sorry if I'm like, assuming too little of your play right now) be there to guide us.

What do you think so far like, in general, of the people/what's been said? Do you have a preference between the other two, if you're doubting going to the Gate?
I may have exaggerated my anti-confidence for comedic effect. It is more like, I am becoming aware that my experience, primarily in ONUW, which is played face-to-face with friends and family, does not translate 1 to 1 to playing here.

Also, I have reconsidered, I don't think I should be in the Gate. Before the game started, I was only thinking about them individually, and not thinking about the fact that the IC would be important for the other areas as well.

So I think my preference now would be keep>wall>gate
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 154, unwnd wrote:I think that if you're scum you're going to play up your best traits in order to be townread

None of this explains why you don't want me and Briar to have fun vibing.

If you think what we are doing is fake-able, then it's NAI behavior and not really important to the game - your mood should be indifference.

If you think what we are doing is scum theater, your mood should be suspicion.

Instead I'd say your mood is that of being "annoyed" - which fits well into the mindset of a scum who is upset that town players are giving each other townreads off NAI content as it tips the balance of the setup.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 157, unwnd wrote:I think as it stands I think I'd like to see how the room feels about these interactions before I come to my own conclusion

Right now I would give you benefit of the doubt however Briar purely in terms of your openness. I don't know what Ana exactly wants from me but I'm sure we can figure it out.
This is just so suspicious to me.

Why would your reaction to our interaction be colored by what the rest of the room feels?

Your reaction should be thoughts you have...

It's almost as if you are testing the waters because you are unsure if you should commit here.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Anastasia »

and I'll be honest I'm very disappointed in your choice of where to go.

I think Town!Unwnd would've gone to Gate.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I take back what I said about my scumreads mattering, I didn't realize we all got to vote on all the minigames. I still feel like the wall is the place where obvtowning is the least important (because if you're not conftown at the gate, you need to obvtown to not get limmed, and at the keep you need to obvtown to get voted). Unwnd why do you disagree?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 159, Lukewarm wrote: I may have exaggerated my anti-confidence for comedic effect. It is more like, I am becoming aware that my experience, primarily in ONUW, which is played face-to-face with friends and family, does not translate 1 to 1 to playing here.

Also, I have reconsidered, I don't think I should be in the Gate. Before the game started, I was only thinking about them individually, and not thinking about the fact that the IC would be important for the other areas as well.

So I think my preference now would be keep>wall>gate
Ohh, the classic self-deprecation. I get that.

What makes you want to go to the Keep? I have few guesses but I wanna hear what's on your mind about that one. :>

Also, is it influenced at all by you having a read on me, since I'm at the Keep?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by catboi »

Oh jesus, this blew up while I was eating dinner, I thought I only had 3 pages to catch up on and now I see it's seven
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 160, Anastasia wrote:
In post 154, unwnd wrote:I think that if you're scum you're going to play up your best traits in order to be townread

None of this explains why you don't want me and Briar to have fun vibing.

If you think what we are doing is fake-able, then it's NAI behavior and not really important to the game - your mood should be indifference.

If you think what we are doing is scum theater, your mood should be suspicion.

Instead I'd say your mood is that of being "annoyed" - which fits well into the mindset of a scum who is upset that town players are giving each other townreads off NAI content as it tips the balance of the setup.
I'm not annoyed though, I'm giving you an olive branch when it comes to this interpretation.

Let me try to rephrase what I wanted to say:

Me and absin value different things and look for different tells, and the way in which we decode information. I am much more familiar with her mindset.

However,

You and Briar seemed to have the same reaction to one another. Why is a different approach inherently scummy to you? I noted that you didn't really care for absin's scumread on you but I don't want to turn this into a Me/Absin vs. You/Briar because I don't think that's what is really happening.
Stop
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 33, Anastasia wrote:I read the setup briefly and it seems if we get all of the bad people to sign up for the same location we shall win immediately.

Seeing as they are probably not so stupid as to do that, perhaps we should try quickly putting all the good people into two locations and then the bad people will be stuck going to the last location?
Well, that would be nice in theory, but in practice it's incredibly unlikely, and trying for a day 1 win in this way feels like a fool's errand.

In practical terms, I think the best strategy is this: we should aim to put our strongest townreads at the keep. That game is the easiest to win, and we're more likely to be able to identify correct townreads in this phase of the game than identifying all the mafia. If we give ourselves the best chances of winning that game, we give ourselves a 1 point lead, and the rest of the games become easier.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 163, Infinity 324 wrote:I take back what I said about my scumreads mattering, I didn't realize we all got to vote on all the minigames. I still feel like the wall is the place where obvtowning is the least important (because if you're not conftown at the gate, you need to obvtown to not get limmed, and at the keep you need to obvtown to get voted). Unwnd why do you i disagree?
From my understanding, we each only get to vote for the minigame we are in, but we can all comment on all of the minigames. So the IC from the gate can try to help the people in the keep, ect
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 57, Briar wrote:Okay, everyone cool with it? Cool.

VOTE: Keep

Let's get this.
WHY
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Anastasia »

The approach isn't what is scummy to me - it's the emotional undertone I'm reading in the post and how it doesn't match up with the mindset.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 170, Anastasia wrote:The approach isn't what is scummy to me - it's the emotional undertone I'm reading in the post and how it doesn't match up with the mindset.
I try really hard to not let my emotions guide my decisions. Do you think that's foolish of me?
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 169, catboi wrote:
In post 57, Briar wrote:Okay, everyone cool with it? Cool.

VOTE: Keep

Let's get this.
WHY
I'm town!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 163, Infinity 324 wrote:I didn't realize we all got to vote on all the minigames.
I don't think we do. At least, that wasn't the intent.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Briar »

FWIW, I don't think that unwnd is like... annoyed, with the difference in styles and I don't get /that/ sort of feeling from him.

Return to “Completed Open Games”