Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 172, Briar wrote:
In post 169, catboi wrote:
In post 57, Briar wrote:Okay, everyone cool with it? Cool.

VOTE: Keep

Let's get this.
WHY
I'm town!
Do you assume you're going to be townread enough to be voted there? I don't understand the mindset.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by unwnd »

If I were undertaking everything going on right now with an unguarded mindset:

I liked Absin's mentality early and was willing to give it a pass.
I would think Briar is making me feel good about myself. I appreciate that to a sentimental degree.
I think you (Ana) are very sensitive to my alignment and want to figure out what it is, so you're picking through my logic and trying to find inconsistencies. I don't think the notion is scummy and I want to believe it's in best interest.

Now I'm gonna let you in on my problem with this-- There's 9 players in this game and maybe in some perfect world you all 3 can be town. Do I foolishly believe that? Do you think Me/Absin could be scum together, or was her scumreading you a kneejerk response?
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Briar »

In general I think he has a dry sort of way in how he posts/presents himself comparatively to some people but I don't actually get the feeling that he's frustrated over what's happening so much as like... trying to get it since it doesn't make a lot of sense to him? That matches up with how I known unwnd as a player and when he's been around situations where people are basing things in social cues/reads versus gamestate, etc.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 173, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 163, Infinity 324 wrote:I didn't realize we all got to vote on all the minigames.
I don't think we do. At least, that wasn't the intent.
@mod - ?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 177, Briar wrote:In general I think he has a dry sort of way in how he posts/presents himself comparatively to some people but I don't actually get the feeling that he's frustrated over what's happening so much as like... trying to get it since it doesn't make a lot of sense to him? That matches up with how I known unwnd as a player and when he's been around situations where people are basing things in social cues/reads versus gamestate, etc.
Though the caveat is that in recent memory I do remember him sort of flippantly going "meh, I'm not here for this sort of thing/don't like it" as previously mentioned so I don't know if I should be reading more into him trying to understand it all, like he's putting in more work here over it.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 175, catboi wrote:

Let's get this.
WHY
I'm town!
Do you assume you're going to be townread enough to be voted there? I don't understand the mindset.
Yes LMAO.

What do you make of that?
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 171, unwnd wrote:
In post 170, Anastasia wrote:The approach isn't what is scummy to me - it's the emotional undertone I'm reading in the post and how it doesn't match up with the mindset.
I try really hard to not let my emotions guide my decisions. Do you think that's foolish of me?
I think it's fine for you to NAI-bin all of the emotional interactions in the game but it wouldn't explain why your post feels like you disapprove.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 136, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 125, absinthe wrote:you should tune up that pingdar, then.
You think I should have townpings from you at this point?
kinda depends on how your towndar works, if you're town. I'm not obfuscating my alignment or playstyle at all. I had intended to see if I could reprise the absinthe playstyle for this game, but that's out the window.

This will be a swan song game.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by unwnd »

#176 should clarify my thoughts hopefully
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 180, Briar wrote:Yes LMAO.

oh no now I have an alt guess for you that I'm not happy about
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 176, unwnd wrote:I liked Absin's mentality early and was willing to give it a pass.
She's one of the best scum players on the site. I would not trust her anywhere near the Keep.

Your reaction to her self-meta of towntelling easily gave me chills.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 179, Briar wrote:
In post 177, Briar wrote:In general I think he has a dry sort of way in how he posts/presents himself comparatively to some people but I don't actually get the feeling that he's frustrated over what's happening so much as like... trying to get it since it doesn't make a lot of sense to him? That matches up with how I known unwnd as a player and when he's been around situations where people are basing things in social cues/reads versus gamestate, etc.
Though the caveat is that in recent memory I do remember him sort of flippantly going "meh, I'm not here for this sort of thing/don't like it" as previously mentioned so I don't know if I should be reading more into him trying to understand it all, like he's putting in more work here over it.
This is shockingly astute and I slightly fear you now
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 184, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 180, Briar wrote:Yes LMAO.

oh no now I have an alt guess for you that I'm not happy about
Why ever not, S_S? :good:
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 163, Infinity 324 wrote:I take back what I said about my scumreads mattering, I didn't realize we all got to vote on all the minigames. I still feel like the wall is the place where obvtowning is the least important (because if you're not conftown at the gate, you need to obvtown to not get limmed, and at the keep you need to obvtown to get voted). Unwnd why do you disagree?
@unwnd
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 164, Briar wrote:
In post 159, Lukewarm wrote: I may have exaggerated my anti-confidence for comedic effect. It is more like, I am becoming aware that my experience, primarily in ONUW, which is played face-to-face with friends and family, does not translate 1 to 1 to playing here.

Also, I have reconsidered, I don't think I should be in the Gate. Before the game started, I was only thinking about them individually, and not thinking about the fact that the IC would be important for the other areas as well.

So I think my preference now would be keep>wall>gate
Ohh, the classic self-deprecation. I get that.

What makes you want to go to the Keep? I have few guesses but I wanna hear what's on your mind about that one. :>

Also, is it influenced at all by you having a read on me, since I'm at the Keep?
For me, in the Keep, there are two win conditions for me.
I correctly read the other two players, find the scum, and vote the other town player
Or, alternatively, I could be the one voted for

In the Castle, there is only 1 win condition. I have to correctly identify the scum, if I fail, town loses that minigame.

In the Gate, then I think they will make me the IC (especially after the posts I have made :dead: ) So the win condition is the same as the castle, but now I would become an important voice for the other minigames as well. Not sure I want that responsibility.

Spoiler:
No, I did not remember who had put themselves into the keep, so that wasn't part of my reasoning
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 176, unwnd wrote:I think you (Ana) are very sensitive to my alignment and want to figure out what it is, so you're picking through my logic and trying to find inconsistencies. I don't think the notion is scummy and I want to believe it's in best interest.
I try to solve the important people first.

Do you think I'm faking my solving of your alignment?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 150, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 120, absinthe wrote:
In post 108, Dunnstral wrote:Unwnd feels town to me
Sure this isn't a little premature?
Why would it be?
That was a gentle jibe about your objections to me being townread quickly in WH13. And a note-to-self that you've put out an early townread on a skilled player.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 186, unwnd wrote:
In post 179, Briar wrote:
This is shockingly astute and I slightly fear you now
No please come back to me, I promise, I am a non-threatening anime-girl poster.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by catboi »

Okay, thoughts readswise:

I like unwnd's early energy

I townread Infinity's - something about that mindset fees like it's coming from town

I think Lukewarm's posts have been solidly town and he'd be my first pick for someone to send to the wall right now

No particular scum pings yet
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 188, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 163, Infinity 324 wrote:I take back what I said about my scumreads mattering, I didn't realize we all got to vote on all the minigames. I still feel like the wall is the place where obvtowning is the least important (because if you're not conftown at the gate, you need to obvtown to not get limmed, and at the keep you need to obvtown to get voted). Unwnd why do you disagree?
@unwnd
It's a much better leverage to go into a XYLO with no clear with one person you slightly trust over two people you don't trust at all. You can use that to see how the individual feels about you townreading them or vice-versa.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 190, Anastasia wrote:
In post 176, unwnd wrote:I think you (Ana) are very sensitive to my alignment and want to figure out what it is, so you're picking through my logic and trying to find inconsistencies. I don't think the notion is scummy and I want to believe it's in best interest.
I try to solve the important people first.

Do you think I'm faking my solving of your alignment?
I'm not sure yet, could you get back to me on the other stance I provided re: Absin/Me being scum together?
Stop
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 180, Briar wrote:
In post 175, catboi wrote:

Let's get this.
WHY
I'm town!
Yes LMAO.

Why do you think that? Why would you not wait to see if other people are okay with it?
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 189, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 164, Briar wrote:
In post 159, Lukewarm wrote: I may have exaggerated my anti-confidence for comedic effect. It is more like, I am becoming aware that my experience, primarily in ONUW, which is played face-to-face with friends and family, does not translate 1 to 1 to playing here.

Also, I have reconsidered, I don't think I should be in the Gate. Before the game started, I was only thinking about them individually, and not thinking about the fact that the IC would be important for the other areas as well.

So I think my preference now would be keep>wall>gate
Ohh, the classic self-deprecation. I get that.

What makes you want to go to the Keep? I have few guesses but I wanna hear what's on your mind about that one. :>

Also, is it influenced at all by you having a read on me, since I'm at the Keep?
For me, in the Keep, there are two win conditions for me.
I correctly read the other two players, find the scum, and vote the other town player
Or, alternatively, I could be the one voted for

In the Castle, there is only 1 win condition. I have to correctly identify the scum, if I fail, town loses that minigame.

In the Gate, then I think they will make me the IC (especially after the posts I have made :dead: ) So the win condition is the same as the castle, but now I would become an important voice for the other minigames as well. Not sure I want that responsibility.

Spoiler:
No, I did not remember who had put themselves into the keep, so that wasn't part of my reasoning
Hm hm hm.

I think that I'd be fine with you being in the Keep, honestly it might be best for us if you are IMO? Like, the worst case is that you are scum and I don't think you could keep up with the other two town players, or if you are town but not towny enough you don't seem like... prideful enough to where you have to be the one voted, etc etc. I'm down with that (but you should probably hold off a tiny bit to see if other people agree with this and not follow in my footsteps of insta-voting).
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 194, unwnd wrote:It's a much better leverage to go into a XYLO with no clear with one person you slightly trust over two people you don't trust at all. You can use that to see how the individual feels about you townreading them or vice-versa.
Yeah but in the other minigames there's a much more direct mechanical incentive to be obvtown
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 195, unwnd wrote:I'm not sure yet, could you get back to me on the other stance I provided re: Absin/Me being scum together?
I have more suspicion of your slot than her slot.

Maybe it's because you've done more things in general and I'm tunneled.

I struggle with that sometimes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”