Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:19 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 444, Anastasia wrote:I've already committed to voting for whichever of Briar/Absinthe remain in the group.

I have no reason to change on this.
What if you change your mind?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:19 pm

Post by unwnd »

If ana is scum she has already decided how she's going to treat you two.

If she's town, she's letting one of you get a free point and dies for no reason.

I'm not really a fan of either scenario.
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:19 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 450, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 444, Anastasia wrote:I've already committed to voting for whichever of Briar/Absinthe remain in the group.

I have no reason to change on this.
What if you change your mind?
I will not
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:20 pm

In post 452, Anastasia wrote:I will not
Seems like you aren't playing to win then?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:20 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 439, unwnd wrote:It's just my gut when it comes to the situation. We could be playing a game where something like S_S/Infinity/Dunn could simply be overwhelmed by townies but I don't see the evidence in that world. I think the most likely answer is that scum is fully committed in you 3. Do you disagree?
Mmm. Maybe?

I honestly think that if there's scum in the more ~active~ people it's catboi, who made at least some posts early and attempted to have a presence. Though how it panned out is... meh, IMO.

Or S_S trying now, but I'm still working out where he's going with what he's talking about right now. It doesn't make sense to discredit Ana of all the people though, given what she's done, so it's a big ol' shrug.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:20 pm

Post by Anastasia »

like this entire line of thought SS has is nonsense.

He's literally casting doubt on my motivations when it is provable that I will be voting for Briar/Absinthe.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:21 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 453, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 452, Anastasia wrote:I will not
Seems like you aren't playing to win then?
You're supposed to be pretending I'm scum in case you forgot.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:21 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 447, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 441, Briar wrote:Ugh, I don't want to think about the swap. >_> I've been handwaving it as an Event to deal with later and I don't wanna think about the consequences /now./
I mean yes, and in a sense you're right that we shouldn't be talking about it much because we don't want to give scum ideas. But... it is an important part of the setup, so you can't just ignore it.
I know I can't, but I just don't know how to realistically approach it especially when I like... don't know how else to play this without talking about reads? IDK.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by Anastasia »

Like if in the future I change my mind and I refuse to vote for Absinthe/Briar.

Then it makes sense for SS to be like this is a gambit by Ana.

But until that actually happens - he has no ground to say I am scum-gambitting.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:22 pm

In post 455, Anastasia wrote:He's literally casting doubt on my motivations when it is provable that I will be voting for Briar/Absinthe.
It's not provable
now

If you get swapped out, which is likely if you/briar/absinthe are all town and also if you are scum, it will never be provable.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 454, Briar wrote:
In post 439, unwnd wrote:It's just my gut when it comes to the situation. We could be playing a game where something like S_S/Infinity/Dunn could simply be overwhelmed by townies but I don't see the evidence in that world. I think the most likely answer is that scum is fully committed in you 3. Do you disagree?
Mmm. Maybe?

I honestly think that if there's scum in the more ~active~ people it's catboi, who made at least some posts early and attempted to have a presence. Though how it panned out is... meh, IMO.

Or S_S trying now, but I'm still working out where he's going with what he's talking about right now. It doesn't make sense to discredit Ana of all the people though, given what she's done, so it's a big ol' shrug.
You think catboi is scum? Is this a read you were holding onto?
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by Briar »

Ohhh. Huh.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by Briar »

Fuck I hate this swapping mechanic.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:23 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 459, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 455, Anastasia wrote:He's literally casting doubt on my motivations when it is provable that I will be voting for Briar/Absinthe.
It's not provable
now

If you get swapped out, which is likely if you/briar/absinthe are all town and also if you are scum, it will never be provable.
If I get swapped out of Keep and Briar/Absinthe get voted through, that's still one point for town and I am happy with that.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:24 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 460, unwnd wrote:
Mmm. Maybe?

No? He's in the lower half of my reads, I wasn't a fan of how he approached me early on with his questioning because it seemed at odds with the tools he had to like, deal with me, I guess?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:24 pm

In post 458, Anastasia wrote:But until that actually happens - he has no ground to say I am scum-gambitting.
And I'm not. I'm just saying it's possible.

To be clear-- I was not aware that you'd committed to definitely voting whoever of Briar/absinthe remains at the Keep. If you clearly stated it somewhere, it was too far back and I didn't recall it? My +scum comment was about you jumping on the Keep, only.

I don't think a gambit is incredibly likely, but I also think that you're playing badly if town by committing yourself to not changing those reads.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:25 pm

In post 465, Something_Smart wrote:I was not aware that you'd committed to definitely voting whoever of Briar/absinthe remains at the Keep
(when I made the +scum comment. obviously I was in the ensuing discussion)
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:25 pm

Post by Briar »

S_S, question: Are you saying the gambit is that Ana says all this and gets swapped out, rather than the gambit being her presence and theoretical vote when we're actually voting?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 pm

In post 467, Briar wrote:Are you saying the gambit is that Ana says all this and gets swapped out, rather than the gambit being her presence and theoretical vote when we're actually voting?
The latter, or she says all this and then acts hesitant when D2 actually comes. There would be no point in voting as a gambit, since at the Keep anyone who gets voted will just self-hammer. (or not self-hammer and enjoy their conftown status)
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 pm

Post by Briar »

Why Am I Still Awake.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 465, Something_Smart wrote:And I'm not. I'm just saying it's possible.

To be clear-- I was not aware that you'd committed to definitely voting whoever of Briar/absinthe remains at the Keep. If you clearly stated it somewhere, it was too far back and I didn't recall it? My +scum comment was about you jumping on the Keep, only.

I don't think a gambit is incredibly likely, but I also think that you're playing badly if town by committing yourself to not changing those reads.
only if my reads are wrong
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 pm

*The former

I can't english
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:27 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 468, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 467, Briar wrote:Are you saying the gambit is that Ana says all this and gets swapped out, rather than the gambit being her presence and theoretical vote when we're actually voting?
The latter, or she says all this and then acts hesitant when D2 actually comes. There would be no point in voting as a gambit, since at the Keep anyone who gets voted will just self-hammer. (or not self-hammer and enjoy their conftown status)
I guess my issue with it being the latter is that... isn't it just a scumclaim if she's hesitant? I don't understand the like... worry regarding Ana since we can hold her to her word knowing how many times she's said it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:28 pm

In post 470, Anastasia wrote:only if my reads are wrong
I think it's pretty silly to have a value judgement on play that is only determined after the game is over. We want to know now what's good and what isn't; so I think that it is bad play to commit yourself to a read like that, even if the read turns out to be right in the end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:28 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 464, Briar wrote:
In post 460, unwnd wrote:
Mmm. Maybe?

No? He's in the lower half of my reads, I wasn't a fan of how he approached me early on with his questioning because it seemed at odds with the tools he had to like, deal with me, I guess?
Your read is a bit parallel to mine, but again I'm awaiting input from him before discussing further
Stop

Return to “Completed Open Games”